PDA

View Full Version : Victor Cruz to Rams? Rumor?

Sean Montemayor
03-14-2013, 09:49 PM
Is this nothing more than a rumor? That's all I have heard from Rams fans lately. I think it is a lie. Completely BS.

Drez
03-14-2013, 09:50 PM
Nothing more than rumor.

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 09:50 PM
If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?

Sorry, it was the double question thing.

Sean Montemayor
03-14-2013, 09:52 PM
If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?Sorry, it was the double question thing. +1

Moke
03-14-2013, 09:52 PM
If it's true, adios/

Flip Empty
03-14-2013, 09:53 PM
IT'S NAHT A TUMAH

JAYPEE
03-14-2013, 09:53 PM
Its because the rams have 2 first rounders and need a stud WR. Not really a real rumor, just an ideal move the rams can make.

P_Simms_#11
03-14-2013, 10:02 PM
"Are we not men? We are DEVO!"

gmenfan0488
03-14-2013, 10:41 PM
it's probably gonna happen. Mara said if another team gives cruz a higher offer, the Giants won't match it.

Drez
03-14-2013, 10:42 PM
Its because the rams have 2 first rounders and need a stud WR. Not really a real rumor, just an ideal move the rams can make.All it is is a rumor. Pure speculation, and specious at that.

Drez
03-14-2013, 10:43 PM
it's probably gonna happen. Mara said if another team gives cruz a higher offer, the Giants won't match it.Mara said the exact opposite, actually.

joemorrisforprez
03-14-2013, 10:43 PM
it's probably gonna happen. Mara said if another team gives cruz a higher offer, the Giants won't match it.

I'm already bracing myself....I just hope to God that he doesn't go to the Redskins.....I could totally see that scenario.

nYg24
03-14-2013, 10:48 PM
Idk how anyone could be ok with losing Cruz, that would leave us with TWO good receivers (one who is only in his 2nd year and the other is always hurt) and no tight end.

Drez
03-14-2013, 10:56 PM
I'm already bracing myself....I just hope to God that he doesn't go to the Redskins.....I could totally see that scenario.The Redskins can't get him. They don't have any cap space. Most importantly, though, is they would need to give up a first round pick. That just so happens to be something they lack for the next 2 years.

Drez
03-14-2013, 10:56 PM
Idk how anyone could be ok with losing Cruz, that would leave us with TWO good receivers (one who is only in his 2nd year and the other is always hurt) and no tight end.Or more. You never know if a guy on the roster will step up or who we might draft or find as a UDFA,

Buddy333
03-14-2013, 11:00 PM
They have two picks and need a WR so it does make sense if they did try to o after him.

joemorrisforprez
03-14-2013, 11:01 PM
The Redskins can't get him. They don't have any cap space. Most importantly, though, is they would need to give up a first round pick. That just so happens to be something they lack for the next 2 years.

I didn't realize the Skins don't have a 1st rounder....that has cheered me up.

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:02 PM
We're lucky the Skins don't have a 1st rounder...

Rat_bastich
03-14-2013, 11:03 PM
If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?

Sorry, it was the double question thing.

You brought Merchant of Venice to these boards? You might scare some folks off man.

BlessedinBlue22
03-14-2013, 11:05 PM
Cruz is money, we already lost hixon...they better hope cruz doesn't accept a better offer elsewhere...

Drez
03-14-2013, 11:07 PM
We're lucky the Skins don't have a 1st rounder...Even if they had a first, they still wouldn't have the cap room. They also aren't in dire need of a WR, either.

Drez
Cruz is money, we already lost hixon...they better hope cruz doesn't accept a better offer elsewhere...We haven't lost Hixon, yet.

Drez
You brought Merchant of Venice to these boards? You might scare some folks off man.Only after exacting his pound of flesh.

Carter.525
03-14-2013, 11:12 PM
so what day, time can Cruz start talking to other teams..?

P_Simms_#11
03-15-2013, 12:03 AM
You brought Merchant of Venice to these boards? You might scare some folks off man.

Who's classier than us? ;)

Rat_bastich
03-15-2013, 12:06 AM
Who's classier than us? ;)

I'm more and more surprised every day. Even Drez threw a quote in there. The apocalypse is right around the corner.

gmen0820
03-15-2013, 12:06 AM
You brought Merchant of Venice to these boards? You might scare some folks off man.Hopefully the right ones.

RoanokeFan
03-15-2013, 07:16 AM

This is completely false. John Mara said "we have the wherewithal to match almost any offer." Please check your facts.

Jahh
03-15-2013, 07:21 AM
This is completely false. John Mara said "we have the wherewithal to match almost any offer." Please check your facts.

He also said they will have to determine if it makes sense for the money that they have set a value and are prepared to let him walk if its too high.

Drez
03-15-2013, 07:26 AM
He also said they will have to determine if it makes sense for the money that they have set a value and are prepared to let him walk if its too high.Seeing as the market value for Cruz has been set at about $6m/yr, there won't be many offers we won't be able to match.

Jahh
03-15-2013, 07:41 AM
Seeing as the market value for Cruz has been set at about $6m/yr, there won't be many offers we won't be able to match.

I'm not sure we can say that for sure. I view Cruz in a class between Percy Harvin and Danny Amendola. Teams value youth and health. Welker got 6 mil and same with Amendola. Old and injured. I still think a desperate team might see Cruz worth it for 8 or 9 mil a year. Harvin as you probably know got I think 12 mil/year.

Drez
03-15-2013, 07:48 AM
I'm not sure we can say that for sure. I view Cruz in a class between Percy Harvin and Danny Amendola. Teams value youth and health. Welker got 6 mil and same with Amendola. Old and injured. I still think a desperate team might see Cruz worth it for 8 or 9 mil a year. Harvin as you probably know got I think 12 mil/year.The top two slot receivers signed for $6m a year. The market is thus set. So, even if a team values Cruz as more than a slot receiver, their offer is not likely to exceed $7m-$8m, which is something I believe we'll match.

Jahh
03-15-2013, 07:50 AM
The top two slot receivers signed for $6m a year. The market is thus set. So, even if a team values Cruz as more than a slot receiver, their offer is not likely to exceed $7m-$8m, which is something I believe we'll match.

If a team views Cruz as the top of the slot receiver market, rather than Amendola or Welker (which I think is entirely possible), then he can still be valued as only a slot guy but still exceed 6 mil a year.

Drez
03-15-2013, 07:53 AM
If a team views Cruz as the top of the slot receiver market, rather than Amendola or Welker (which I think is entirely possible), then he can still be valued as only a slot guy but still exceed 6 mil a year.Right, it may, but it won't be beyond a number the Giants won't match. I sincerely doubt any team offers Cruz more than $8m a year. That is a number we'll match.

You also have to remember, the team has to give up a first along with that contract. There aren't many teams, including the ones with 2 1sts, that may be willing to do that.

nycsportzfan
03-15-2013, 08:28 AM
If i was the Rams GM, this would be a no brainer.. U are beefing up the Oline, and got a bunch of pieces in place, and just signed a solid recieving TE in Jared Cook, and have up and coming talents at WR in Givens and Quick, and are pretty much a number1 WR away from being possibliy legit.. Not to mention, u got 2 1st rders anyhow. No brainer if im the rams...

Kruunch
03-15-2013, 08:30 AM
Right, it may, but it won't be beyond a number the Giants won't match. I sincerely doubt any team offers Cruz more than $8m a year. That is a number we'll match.

You also have to remember, the team has to give up a first along with that contract. There aren't many teams, including the ones with 2 1sts, that may be willing to do that.

That's more the issue with Cruz getting a contract this year than the money. If he were an UFA, I think he'd have gotten $8M+ by now.

RoanokeFan
03-15-2013, 08:31 AM
He also said they will have to determine if it makes sense for the money that they have set a value and are prepared to let him walk if its too high.

Yes, but he never said we won 't match offers which is the point of his statement. That is categorically false

RoanokeFan
03-15-2013, 08:32 AM
Right, it may, but it won't be beyond a number the Giants won't match. I sincerely doubt any team offers Cruz more than $8m a year. That is a number we'll match.

+1

Kruunch
03-15-2013, 08:32 AM
If i was the Rams GM, this would be a no brainer.. U are beefing up the Oline, and got a bunch of pieces in place, and just signed a solid recieving TE in Jared Cook, and have up and coming talents at WR in Givens and Quick, and are pretty much a number1 WR away from being possibliy legit.. Not to mention, u got 2 1st rders anyhow. No brainer if im the rams...

If I were the Rams, I'd go after Jennings.

Cruz is too much like Givens and Quick (not to mention Amendola whom they just let go) and they need the deep threat on the outside (which Cruz isn't seen as).

It would also give them the jump-ball receiver that they desperately need (and something Cruz definitely isn't).