PDA

View Full Version : A lot of fans are ready to write off Marvin Austin but this is the year he finally...

NYG4lifeNYK
03-14-2013, 10:53 PM
Warrants his draft selection.

He is no Travis Beckum, Sinorice Moss, Clint Sintim.

He will contribute for us this upcoming season and prove just why we drafted him in the 2nd round. Sure he's been out of football for awhile and off the field for awhile but hopefully he can stay healthy and get another camp under his belt are showcase his talent this season.

Moke
03-14-2013, 10:54 PM
Who is writing him off?

Carter.525
03-14-2013, 10:55 PM
this is a make or break year for Austin..

NYG4lifeNYK
03-14-2013, 11:05 PM
Who is writing him off?

Tons of fans calling him a bust.

giantsfan420
03-14-2013, 11:28 PM
i actually think signing jenkins is perfect for austin. hes like the perfect mentor for him. they both, well hopefully for austin, but based off his college career at least, they both have similar skill sets. both try to utilize their quickness off the snap and use a swim over under move. If Austin pans out, he'll be very reminiscent of jenkins imo. and i believe he'll get there.
last yr u could see he was utilizing some of the moves and game he built up at UNC. its just it was obvious to me at least, his stamina and game strength werent where they needed to be. another off season should do the trick imo. no excuse. thats why when ppl were given him **** for comin in a lil heavy, i just thought it was due to a weight gain trying to gain mass and strength. he should have turned that into game shape by now.

mark this down for me, i actually expect a big yr. like for him, not the nfl. maybe 3-4 sacks and a nice amount of pressures (which is actually good for an nfl dt.)

BuffyBlueII
03-14-2013, 11:39 PM
i actually think signing jenkins is perfect for austin. hes like the perfect mentor for him. they both, well hopefully for austin, but based off his college career at least, they both have similar skill sets. both try to utilize their quickness off the snap and use a swim over under move. If Austin pans out, he'll be very reminiscent of jenkins imo. and i believe he'll get there.
last yr u could see he was utilizing some of the moves and game he built up at UNC. its just it was obvious to me at least, his stamina and game strength werent where they needed to be. another off season should do the trick imo. no excuse. thats why when ppl were given him **** for comin in a lil heavy, i just thought it was due to a weight gain trying to gain mass and strength. he should have turned that into game shape by now.

mark this down for me, i actually expect a big yr. like for him, not the nfl. maybe 3-4 sacks and a nice amount of pressures (which is actually good for an nfl dt.)

+1

gabriel_1
03-14-2013, 11:44 PM
Absolutely, I think for him is "do or die". But I would be amazing for us if he had a breakout year.

blueribbon
03-14-2013, 11:50 PM
He'll have to break out and do some damage this year.

BlessedinBlue22
03-14-2013, 11:54 PM

Yea, to me austin never really showed me anything at UNC either..he was hype. Had one big sack up the middle with Quinn, other than that, he gets manhandled..pushed back..all this talk about his violent hands, etc, he can't seem to translate it into production or even pressures. Excuses about his stamina, c'mon, another 2nd round clint sintim to me. Just watch his "http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=wSiNuHyaDPY&feature=endscreen

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 11:55 PM
He needed a year to shake off rust from the Pectoral injury, and the missed year of CFB. I think he can contribute in some capacity, but we should not be reliant upon him in any way, shape, or form.

A year of shaking off rust in the NFL (even in the limited capacity he played in), can do wonders in the NFL. Ask Mike Vick, who was in freaking jail for two years. Austin got his taste of being an NFL player last year, hopefully he comes out swinging.

blueribbon
03-15-2013, 12:53 AM
He's got a ways to go to catch up with these Austins.

Cold Stone Steve Austin

http://img.poptower.com/pic-44430/stone-cold-steve-austin.jpg?d=1024

Steve Austin The Bionic Man

BuffyBlueII
03-15-2013, 12:59 AM
He needed a year to shake off rust from the Pectoral injury, and the missed year of CFB. I think he can contribute in some capacity, but we should not be reliant upon him in any way, shape, or form.

A year of shaking off rust in the NFL (even in the limited capacity he played in), can do wonders in the NFL. Ask Mike Vick, who was in freaking jail for two years. Austin got his taste of being an NFL player last year, hopefully he comes out swinging.

I hope so too. It is going to be hard to expect much from him because he hasn't shown anything yet in the limited time he has played. So, if he contributes even slightly, it will be a nice surprise. I don't think he is here after this season.

gmen0820
03-15-2013, 01:01 AM
I hope so too. It is going to be hard to expect much from him because he hasn't shown anything yet in the limited time he has played. So, if he contributes even slightly, it will be a nice surprise. I don't think he is here after this season.Is his rookie deal up after that?

L.T.56
03-15-2013, 01:02 AM
at this point i expect kuhn to be more of a factor than austin.