PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the same goal we've had every year since Eli has been under center

NYG4lifeNYK
03-15-2013, 12:44 AM
OK, that might not be as easy to say as playoff contention or super bowl contenders but it's the same goal and we're taking those same steps to get there.

Just because we are getting some players fans are scratching their heads about(remember Kawika Mitchell? Steve Weatherford?) doesn't mean we are in rebuilding mode. We are simply re-tooling a good football team that didn't perform up to standards last season. Trust in Jerry Reese, his track record is proven. Sure he's not flawless in his decision making but he's pretty damn good. Certainly deserves the benefit of the doubt.

We will be extremely competitive this upcoming season. We haven't lost too many noteworthy players. The loss of Bennett and KP sucks, especially Bennett because I thought he could of turned into a special player with Eli. KP one of my favorite players was a difference maker on this defense.... his presence was definitely felt when he was on the field...even if it didn't show up on his personal stats. It reflected on the defense as a whole.

We live and operate through the draft as all good/great teams do.

blueribbon
03-15-2013, 12:53 AM
Yes it's off to the superbowl. Jersey here we come.

gmen0820
03-15-2013, 01:05 AM
Having a franchise QB in this league is the football equivalent of a rite-of-passage. The last time a SB was won without a franchise QB was in 2002, and the league has shifted in ways since then, and although even in 2002 it was anomalous in nature, it's damn near impossible for it to occur again.

miked1958
03-15-2013, 05:29 AM
People on here are crying for Eli to restructure so we can keep all of our FAs. Losing KP, Bennett to other teams and having to Cut Bradshaw, Boley and Canty in a way is a direct result of those two times Eli re did his deal. We are now paralized because of it and left to sit by idle while other teams come by and swoop in and pick us clean like a buzzard does to a dead carcass or a helpless animal. It's time to play the Piper guys and I suggest we sit back and take it like men and women. The last thing we want is for him to do it again. We are learning a hard lesson and I'm afraid its not over yet this offseason. When the dust clears we may yet lose a lot more key players as well as role players. But we will come out better in the long run if we don't give in... There I said my piece

NYG4lifeNYK
03-15-2013, 05:58 AM
People on here are crying for Eli to restructure so we can keep all of our FAs. Losing KP, Bennett to other teams and having to Cut Bradshaw, Boley and Canty in a way is a direct result of those two times Eli re did his deal. We are now paralized because of it and left to sit by idle while other teams come by and swoop in and pick us clean like a buzzard does to a dead carcass or a helpless animal. It's time to play the Piper guys and I suggest we sit back and take it like men and women. The last thing we want is for him to do it again. We are learning a hard lesson and I'm afraid its not over yet this offseason. When the dust clears we may yet lose a lot more key players as well as role players. But we will come out better in the long run if we don't give in... There I said my piece

Which is why you don't restructure in that sense. You give Eli a an extension or a completely new deal. Win / win for both Eli and the organization.

Rat_bastich
03-15-2013, 06:06 AM
Having a franchise QB in this league is the football equivalent of a rite-of-passage. The last time a SB was won without a franchise QB was in 2002, and the league has shifted in ways since then, and although even in 2002 it was anomalous in nature, it's damn near impossible for it to occur again.

I agree. The only piece of the team that is not expendable is Eli, everyone else is for a price. He has already restructured before and the team has to be in dire need to hit him up again. Not only that but at some point you are going to have to pay him his money, which would make the future cap hit suck worse than now.

JB456
03-15-2013, 09:42 AM
Which is why you don't restructure in that sense. You give Eli a an extension or a completely new deal. Win / win for both Eli and the organization.

I am really shocked that Eli hasn't been extended at this point. I really wondering he is asking for a rediculous amount of money and they just can't get a deal done...

SweetZombieJesus
03-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Plus the simple truth is that in the last 4 years, despite the amazing Super Bowl run in 2011, this team has been 8-8, 10-6, 9-7, 9-7, and missed the playoffs every year but the 2011 run. Does anybody realize we've only surpassed 10 wins twice under TC?

That's not something you try to keep together.

nhpgiantsfan
03-15-2013, 10:46 AM

So true.. If you are going to get there without a franchise QB, you better have a defense like the Ravens and Bucs had back then..