PDA

View Full Version : NFL.COM article about Spags bracing to be let go by Rams....Eagles AND Giants expected to be in the bidding....

Vtgmenfan89
12-27-2011, 04:15 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825769fa/article/rams-expected-to-fire-spagnuolo-pursue-extitans-coach-fisher?module=HP11_headline_stack

Sorry my computer for whatever reason doesn't let me do links on the MB.

Interesting...if it comes down to the two, which would he pick? I have a really really bad feeling it'd be the Eagles..but if we got Spags back I truly think we'd be a legitimate SB contender. I mean his first year, we won it, the 2nd we went 12-4 and were derailed by the Plax issue at the end of the season. We did not have the receivers to run the type of offense we wanted. Now, we have a high powered offense and a very talented D. A lot of people on here don't think he'd solve the issues, but I believe that he would and we'd be a top 10 D again

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 04:17 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825769fa/article/rams-expected-to-fire-spagnuolo-pursue-extitans-coach-fisher?module=HP11_headline_stack

Interesting...if it comes down to the two, which would he pick? I have a really really bad feeling it'd be the Eagles..but if we got Spags back I truly think we'd be a legitimate SB contender. I mean his first year, we won it, the 2nd we went 12-4 and were derailed by the Plax issue at the end of the season. We did not have the receivers to run the type of offense we wanted. Now, we have a high powered offense and a very talented D. A lot of people on here don't think he'd solve the issues, but I believe that he would and we'd be a top 10 D againIf I were him, I'd go to Philly. Way more pieces there.

bigblue5611
12-27-2011, 04:20 PM

Interesting...if it comes down to the two, which would he pick? I have a really really bad feeling it'd be the Eagles..but if we got Spags back I truly think we'd be a legitimate SB contender. I mean his first year, we won it, the 2nd we went 12-4 and were derailed by the Plax issue at the end of the season. We did not have the receivers to run the type of offense we wanted. Now, we have a high powered offense and a very talented D. A lot of people on here don't think he'd solve the issues, but I believe that he would and we'd be a top 10 D againIf I were him, I'd go to Philly. Way more pieces there.

eh...i dunno....with JPP on the rise? ...he might fight coaching Prince alot more refreshing and fulfilling than dealing with Nsogmah(excuse spellin im typing fast..), Cromartie & the like?

NYG4lifeNYK
12-27-2011, 04:25 PM
How does Philly have more talent than us?

Lets compare:

We have the much better D-line
Our Lbers are better, not much but still
Our secondary is probably better when healthy or will be once Prince rounds out(Samuel is gone)

I'm must be missing something..

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 04:25 PM

eh...i dunno....with JPP on the rise? ...he might fight coaching Prince alot more refreshing and fulfilling than dealing with Nsogmah(excuse spellin im typing fast..), Cromartie & the like?Deal with what? Asomugha isn't a head case, he's in a scheme that doesn't fit him.

If you're Spags, you have to pass Cole, Jenkins, Babin, Asomugha, DRC, and maybe Samuels for JPP, and Webster and possibly Tuck (I don't believe Tuck is done).

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 04:30 PM

Lets compare:

Our secondary is probably better when healthy(Samuel is gone)

You are completely missing something. Our DL as a unit is not even close to Philly. Babin, Cole, Jenkins and Patterson is much better than ours. The LBer difference is marginal but has shown potential (Brian Rolle and Jamar Chaney are not awful). They have Asomugha who would excel in Spags scheme and is a top 3 corner in man coverage. In 2010, he played 14 games, was thrown at only in 8 of those games and never more then 4 times. Asomugha alone is better then anyone in our secondary. I can see Samuels leaving, and I feel he is overrated anyway, but DRC is no slouch in press man. Castillo's off zone scheme has been awful for Asomugha and DRC.

EDIT: Not to mention that I haven't even mentioned their depth compared to ours on the DL.

Itlan
12-27-2011, 04:31 PM
I guarantee Spags turns KP into an all-pro. The kid plays high-safety coverage all day, when he should be doing a lot more than that.

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 04:33 PM
I guarantee Spags turns KP into an all-pro. The kid plays high-safety coverage all day, when he should be doing a lot more than that.Spags called him a young Brian Dawkins, but needless to say, KP is an outstanding deep safety. There shouldn't be wide open receivers this upcoming week like last time we faced Dallas, and if there are, it probably won't be on KP.

Vtgmenfan89
12-27-2011, 04:33 PM
here's another way to look at it- If I were Reese and the Giants and were seriously going to make a push for Spags, I would say one more year under Coughlin (it's the last year in his deal) and then he gets the HC spot. That would almost definitely get him here, and while he didn't do great as HC in STL, let's face it...he had **** to work with down there. With Eli and whoever (assuming KG is here for a while folks, sorry) running the offense, Spags would fix this defense and turn it around in a big way. Plus he's always been a firey guy, I think he is good HC material. Not comparing him to Belichick, but it's not like his head coaching debut was great in Cleveland...

That's what I would do if I were the Giants organization and were seriously trying to push for Spags. He'd be under fat Andy for another year or two then have to try and get a HC gig elsewhere cuz Andy is leaving under his own terms and it's not soon. With this deal, he'd get to know his team and defense for a whole year (most of which he already knows) and then would take over. It'd be a great situation for him.

Not to mention there's a BEAST by the name of JPP for him to build his pass rush around who's about to become one of if not THE best all around d-end in football. Jussayin

GiantWarfare
12-27-2011, 04:46 PM

Lets compare:

Our secondary is probably better when healthy or will be once Prince rounds out(Samuel is gone)

Actually their DLine is at least just about even w/ ours if not slightly better (Babin, Cole, Jenkins, Patterson = beastly). Think about it, their D-Coordinator is really an offensive line coach yet the DLine leads the league by far in sacks. Speaks to that unit's level of talent.

I think JPP is the best individual defensive player on both sides, but w/ the bad year Tuck is having, and the disappearance of Osi, and our lack of a true stud DT (although Linval is very promising) as of this moment, Philly's at least right there w/ us if not better.

As for LBs, both teams have ****ty LBs but I'd give us the clear edge when we have a healthy Boley

And their secondary is better than ours.

Nnamdi, as overrated as I think he is, he still is the 2nd best corner in the league, they got Samuels (he's not gone yet), and DRC. Three top flight corners makes up for their lack of a true solid safety.

Aside from Webby and KP our secondary blows...

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 04:49 PM

Lets compare:

Actually their DLine is at least just about even w/ ours if not slightly better (Babin, Cole, Jenkins, Patterson = beastly). Think about it, their D-Coordinator is really an offensive line coach yet the DLine leads the league by far in sacks. Speaks to that unit's level of talent.

I think JPP is the best individual defensive player on both sides, but w/ the bad year Tuck is having, and the disappearance of Osi, and our lack of a true stud DT (although Linval is very promising) as of this moment, Philly's at least right there w/ us if not better.

As for LBs, both teams have ****ty LBs but I'd give us the clear edge when we have a healthy Boley

And their secondary is better than ours.

Nnamdi, as overrated as I think he is, he still is the 2nd best corner in the league, they got Samuels (he's not gone yet), and DRC. Three top flight corners makes up for their lack of a true solid safety.

Aside from Webby and KP our secondary blows...In terms of the DL, don't stop with just the starters.

Derek Landri, Darryl Tapp, Phil Hunt, Juqua Parker, Trevor Laws. Compare that to.....Osi, Tolly, Bernard, Trattou.

JJC7301
12-27-2011, 04:53 PM
here's another way to look at it- If I were Reese and the Giants and were seriously going to make a push for Spags, I would say one more year under Coughlin (it's the last year in his deal) and then he gets the HC spot. That would almost definitely get him here, and while he didn't do great as HC in STL, let's face it...he had **** to work with down there. With Eli and whoever (assuming KG is here for a while folks, sorry) running the offense, Spags would fix this defense and turn it around in a big way. Plus he's always been a firey guy, I think he is good HC material. Not comparing him to Belichick, but it's not like his head coaching debut was great in Cleveland... That's what I would do if I were the Giants organization and were seriously trying to push for Spags. He'd be under fat Andy for another year or two then have to try and get a HC gig elsewhere cuz Andy is leaving under his own terms and it's not soon. With this deal, he'd get to know his team and defense for a whole year (most of which he already knows) and then would take over. It'd be a great situation for him. Not to mention there's a BEAST by the name of JPP for him to build his pass rush around who's about to become one of if not THE best all around d-end in football. Jussayin</P>

+1. Good thinking there (hopefully, TC would agree to only 1 more year). Spags would have a lot more talent to play with up here than with the Rams. Even if TC weren't going to quit after next year (or get fired this year), I'd offer Spags a lot more money than Philly.</P>

Vtgmenfan89
12-27-2011, 05:03 PM
here's another way to look at it- If I were Reese and the Giants and were seriously going to make a push for Spags, I would say one more year under Coughlin (it's the last year in his deal) and then he gets the HC spot. That would almost definitely get him here, and while he didn't do great as HC in STL, let's face it...he had **** to work with down there. With Eli and whoever (assuming KG is here for a while folks, sorry) running the offense, Spags would fix this defense and turn it around in a big way. Plus he's always been a firey guy, I think he is good HC material. Not comparing him to Belichick, but it's not like his head coaching debut was great in Cleveland... That's what I would do if I were the Giants organization and were seriously trying to push for Spags. He'd be under fat Andy for another year or two then have to try and get a HC gig elsewhere cuz Andy is leaving under his own terms and it's not soon. With this deal, he'd get to know his team and defense for a whole year (most of which he already knows) and then would take over. It'd be a great situation for him. Not to mention there's a BEAST by the name of JPP for him to build his pass rush around who's about to become one of if not THE best all around d-end in football. Jussayin</P>

+1.* Good thinking there (hopefully, TC would agree to only 1 more year).* Spags would have a lot more talent to play with up here than with the Rams.* Even if TC weren't going to quit after next year (or get fired this year), I'd offer Spags a lot more money than Philly.</P>

I do think retirement is on the horizon for Coughlin, whether it's after finishing his contract through next season or after getting fired this year. I would also pull a Jerry Jones offer Spags HC money (he did it for multiple years for Garrett) for that one year at DC to try harder to get him here. What this all boils down to is do I have faith in Reese to get it done? ..........Not sure........I have faith in his drafts, not his team/ FA/ financial decisions.