PDA

View Full Version : Sign Kevin Kolb for backup roll?

experto
03-15-2013, 03:35 PM
I still like his upside and could be a decent backup.

Moke
03-15-2013, 03:38 PM
He didn't want to restructure in Arizona and his contract was awful already... why would we sign him to back-up?

experto
03-15-2013, 03:39 PM
Kevin Kolb is not as mad imho as thought.Arizona couldn't backup a qb if they had all their starters and reserved 10 on 5 vs the dline.Horrendous blocking.He has decent upside behind a good offense like ours.If Eli ever goes down,he's a nice backup.Plus I am not sure Carr is coming back.

penguinfarmer
03-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Kolb has been released. His old contract has got nothing to do with anything.

mikeq6722
03-15-2013, 03:41 PM
I think he would be terrible in the system we run.

Flip Empty
03-15-2013, 03:44 PM
He'd cost too much

experto
Kolb would come into a similar situation like Carr and similar path.Carr was destroyed in Houston,oline couldn't block anyone at all.Arizona's oline may be even worse.Plus always better be prepared than sorry,his brother after all missed a year and nobody expected it.Never know.

Moke
Kolb has been released. His old contract has got nothing to do with anything.

He didn't want to restructure his horrible contract, that's why he was released. Obviously thinks he needed to be paid a lot, and we can't afford him..

How does that have nothing to do with it?

Flip Empty
03-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Plus always better be prepared than sorry,his brother after all missed a year and nobody expected it.Never know.
If Eli goes down, that's it for the year. Kolb isn't leading anyone to a Super Bowl.

Moke
03-15-2013, 03:48 PM
It's not even up for discussion. I wouldn't mind Kolb as a backup AT ALL.

But it's too costly.... Wouldn't ever happen.

ImElectric2
03-15-2013, 04:01 PM
Kaiser roll.

penguinfarmer
03-15-2013, 04:13 PM
He didn't want to restructure his horrible contract, that's why he was released. Obviously thinks he needed to be paid a lot, and we can't afford him..

How does that have nothing to do with it?

Who does want to dump salary, especially a QB who couldn't even be protected by his line? What he thinks is irrelevant, he will get paid what the market allows which is very little.

Moke
03-15-2013, 04:15 PM
Who does want to dump salary, especially a QB who couldn't even be protected by his line? What he thinks is irrelevant, he will get paid what the market allows which is very little.

True, but why would the Giants even want to target Kevin Kolb, even for little?

Just not necessary at all. He'll probably cause all kinds of headaches.

penguinfarmer
03-15-2013, 04:18 PM
True, but why would the Giants even want to target Kevin Kolb, even for little?

Just not necessary at all. He'll probably cause all kinds of headaches.

Well, the only other QB currently on roster is Curtis Painter. That's not really a comfortable thought in the event Eli can't make it on the field for any amount of time. Not saying Kolb is the guy, but they do need to look at the position either through a cheap veteran or the draft which is more unlikely.

Flip Empty
03-15-2013, 04:22 PM
Well Matt Cassel is getting around $4 million from the Vikings. Kolb's value should be in that neighbourhood.

Moke
03-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Kolb won't be a cheap veteran.

Should have seen what we could have gotten Garrard for :P

Toadofsteel
03-15-2013, 04:24 PM
I was thinking trying to get Weeden off the Browns somehow...

penguinfarmer
03-15-2013, 04:31 PM
Well Matt Cassel is getting around $4 million from the Vikings. Kolb's value should be in that neighbourhood.

I expect the Giants to pay 2-3mil if they go for a veteran. That is the rate. What Carr signed off for last year was a complete favor to the Giants, and unlikely to happen again from anyone.

I'd like to see a young prospect from the draft, but since the Giants only like to carry 2 guys, I don't see Eli's only backup as a guy with zero experience.

pino
03-15-2013, 04:43 PM
Honestly, he wouldn't be a bad back-up. I was thinking Andy Reid may try to pick him up in KC.

Hooligans
03-15-2013, 04:50 PM

Way too expensive to sign Kolb.......get Fitzpatrick!

Giants5699
03-15-2013, 04:55 PM
F*** Kolb. He sucks. Would rather my dog play QB

Flip Empty
03-15-2013, 05:12 PM
I expect the Giants to pay 2-3mil if they go for a veteran. That is the rate. What Carr signed off for last year was a complete favor to the Giants, and unlikely to happen again from anyone.

I'd like to see a young prospect from the draft, but since the Giants only like to carry 2 guys, I don't see Eli's only backup as a guy with zero experience.
Well Garrard is only making 1.2 max. It is possible to get a backup on the cheap.
As for drafting a prospect... I don't know. The ones the Giants have selected so far have been rubbish. They're probably better off turning to FA or raiding someone's practice squad.

Case Keenum?

TroyArcher
03-15-2013, 06:13 PM

With the cap issues can't afford to pay a backup QB anything. If Eli goes down the season is over anyway.

G-Men Surg.
03-15-2013, 06:23 PM
If Carr walks I would love Fitzpatrick, of course only if he comes cheap.