PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Booth talking to giants and 3 other teams

experto
03-15-2013, 06:47 PM
@JasonLaCanfora: Hearing that Kevin Boothe, one of top OL still on market, taking to NYG, his most recent team, as well as CAR, NYJ and AZ

DaFrenchy
03-15-2013, 06:51 PM
Bye Kevin ! We can't compete against three teams with our cap situation.
He was a good player but we can replace him. I'm not high on Cordle but there's a coupe good prospects that we can draft at OG position.

RoanokeFan
03-15-2013, 06:55 PM
Bye Kevin ! We can't compete against three teams with our cap situation.
He was a good player but we can replace him. I'm not high on Cordle but there's a coupe good prospects that we can draft at OG position.

I wouldn't write him off just yet.

experto
03-15-2013, 06:56 PM
I wana get him back.I liked him the best of our lineman + I think youngest.

Sundown
03-15-2013, 06:57 PM
If it happens oh well. Gotta keep things moving!

RoanokeFan
03-15-2013, 06:59 PM
I wonder if Diehl is holding off taking a paycut until Boothe takes an offer from another team? Could be risky if the Giants land Boothe and have less of a need for Diehl.

ELI_HOF_NYG
03-15-2013, 07:00 PM

true that,,,giants aside, deciding between the jets. cardinals, and panthers is like trying to decide death by electric chair, lethal injection, or firing squad. he could very well take a bit less to come back.

ELI_HOF_NYG
03-15-2013, 07:01 PM
I wonder if Diehl is holding off taking a paycut until Boothe takes an offer from another team? Could be risky if the Giants land Boothe and have less of a need for Diehl.

didnt diehl already restructure?

experto
03-15-2013, 07:04 PM
Booth is very underrated guys.I will take him anyday over diel and baas.It's a toss up between him and snee...but booth has more upside.Booth and beathy is a good 1 - 2 combo on the left side or blind side of the oline.I always say if you sure up the lt,lg,c....your oline will be at least good.

RoanokeFan
03-15-2013, 07:05 PM
didnt diehl already restructure?

No, he hasn't

gabriel_1
03-15-2013, 07:10 PM
Diehl has agreed, but not signed right?

ELI_HOF_NYG
03-15-2013, 07:16 PM
No, he hasn't

apparently he has agreed to do so but the terms have not been laid out nor has he signed it yet.

experto
03-15-2013, 07:20 PM
It makes sence for the Jets to go after him as they let Slauson/Moore walk and only signed Colon.For us we can't let go of him.He was not our issue...the issue was Diel and his rotten pass protection.

G-Men Surg.
03-15-2013, 07:22 PM
Only way I see him sticking around is if Cruz plays under his tender this year.

jomo
03-15-2013, 07:22 PM
Of course he's talking with 3 other teams which translates to "maybe one."
He was part of a medicre (I am in a kind mood this evening) group last year. We need to shoot higher and maybe this placid free agent period will allow us a nice upgrade for a reasonable cost.

gabriel_1
03-15-2013, 07:27 PM
Of course he's talking with 3 other teams which translates to "maybe one."
He was part of a medicre (I am in a kind mood this evening) group last year. We need to shoot higher and maybe this placid free agent period will allow us a nice upgrade for a reasonable cost.

So you think we should let Boothe walk and shoot for someone better? Sorry just didn't quite get the point.

jomo
03-15-2013, 07:31 PM
So you think we should let Boothe walk and shoot for someone better? Sorry just didn't quite get the point.No, I totally get it. Our OL couldn't convert a 3rd and short last year if our lives depended on it. Boothe, while adequate and even versatile was a 20% part of our guys who couldn't move the DL off the line except in our direction. They are all replaceable IMO. I would have excluded Snee from that group but after hip surgery, Jerry Reese's mindset must be to upgrade the OL at all cost. This off season seems to be giving us a chance to do that at moderate expense. If we re-sign your son, Mrs. Boothe after re-signing Beatty, we would be signing on to more of the same from last year and THAT is not acceptable if we are going to be a playoff contender.

gabriel_1
03-15-2013, 07:37 PM
Yeah Indeed we have to improve out OL at all costs. I'm sure Reese knows that we can't afford to overpay anyone at this point. I would just like to get Boothe back, because there are a lot of needs to fill right now, too much to do it through a reasonable draft, but most definitely I don't want to bring him back if we have to overpay him.

jomo
03-15-2013, 07:43 PM
Yeah Indeed we have to improve out OL at all costs. I'm sure Reese knows that we can't afford to overpay anyone at this point. I would just like to get Boothe back, because there are a lot of needs to fill right now, too much to do it through a reasonable draft, but most definitely I don't want to bring him back if we have to overpay him.We're on the same page here, not a Boothe hater by any means but if we sign him we are down to finding improvement at RT (which is pretty easy lol). Listen, if JR believes that Boothe is the best available talent for the money and that's all we can afford then so be it. However, that means we are saddled with the same group as last year except for a recovering and aging Snee. That doesn't really excite me but it may be the best we can afford until we remake ourselves.

gabriel_1
03-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Definitely. It's unfortunate that there will be no T worth of out pick in the draft. In the position that we are I think if we get a T we will be reaching, and I'm sure Reese won't do that. We definitely need a RT so if we get a T in the first three round and another G/C I think we should be fine. Also not a hater of Boothe, I believe he was the unsung hero of our Superbowl run, but can't overpay anyone at this point.

NorwoodBlue
03-15-2013, 08:50 PM
No, I totally get it. Our OL couldn't convert a 3rd and short last year if our lives depended on it. Boothe, while adequate and even versatile was a 20% part of our guys who couldn't move the DL off the line except in our direction. They are all replaceable IMO. I would have excluded Snee from that group but after hip surgery, Jerry Reese's mindset must be to upgrade the OL at all cost. This off season seems to be giving us a chance to do that at moderate expense. If we re-sign your son, Mrs. Boothe after re-signing Beatty, we would be signing on to more of the same from last year and THAT is not acceptable if we are going to be a playoff contender.

There was a period last year when Andre Brown was getting more carries and third and short wasn't a problem. Brown found seams to slip through where Bradshaw wasn't. I'm not totally convinced our line was the entire problem in short yardage. I do want to see an upgrade in the OL, and I don't think losing Boothe is going to help get us there. I hope we can resign him, and then focus on replacing Diehl.

repeatchamps
03-15-2013, 08:56 PM
There was a period last year when Andre Brown was getting more carries and third and short wasn't a problem. Brown found seams to slip through where Bradshaw wasn't. I'm not totally convinced our line was the entire problem in short yardage. I do want to see an upgrade in the OL, and I don't think losing Boothe is going to help get us there. I hope we can resign him, and then focus on replacing Diehl.

And then real soonafter replacing Snee and Baas as well.

nhpgiantsfan
03-15-2013, 09:05 PM

Was this reported prematurely??

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21877513/report-ol-david-diehl-agrees-to-restructure-deal-with-giants

IamGiantsfan
03-15-2013, 09:19 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21877513/report-ol-david-diehl-agrees-to-restructure-deal-with-giants
probably since nothing is confirmed yet =P

giantsfan420
03-15-2013, 10:11 PM
all the mocks i think r realistic have 1 of warmack/cooper/johnson dropping to us. either 1 of those guys is a day 1 starter and compltely transforms the OL.

imagin an interior with warmack baas snee...thats sick esp if beatty is outside warmack at LT...we'd be one avg rt away from having 1 of the better units imo. thats how talented a guy like warmack/cooper/l.johnson r.

tonyt830
03-16-2013, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE=giantsfan420;712515]all the mocks i think r realistic have 1 of warmack/cooper/johnson dropping to us. either 1 of those guys is a day 1 starter and compltely transforms the OL.

QUOTE]I agree, but you know how Coughlin is---even if we were able to draft Warmack, Cooper or Johnson at 19, they would not be the starter from day 1. They are very capable of doing so, but Coughlin is old school and will lean on a veteran to start the season, and then the rookie would work his way into the starting role, when they have Coughlin's trust.

But I agree, if we lost Boothe in FA, I would not mind Warmack or Cooper---actually I like Cooper a little more. He seems to move a little better and can take some snaps at C if need be. And if Johnson was there at 19, though he's projected as a LT, I would be ok if Reese pulled the trigger on him. We could have top notch, book end tackles for the next 5 to 7 years.

GiantRoc
03-16-2013, 12:24 PM
I wana get him back.I liked him the best of our lineman + I think youngest.

Good guy. Nice versatility, but not young. Beatty is youngest by far. Booth is in his 8th season? Or close to it. Still think he is a better keep than Diehl at 10 yrs.

gmen0820
03-16-2013, 12:27 PM
all the mocks i think r realistic have 1 of warmack/cooper/johnson dropping to us. either 1 of those guys is a day 1 starter and compltely transforms the OL.

I agree, but you know how Coughlin is---even if we were able to draft Warmack, Cooper or Johnson at 19, they would not be the starter from day 1. They are very capable of doing so, but Coughlin is old school and will lean on a veteran to start the season, and then the rookie would work his way into the starting role, when they have Coughlin's trust.

But I agree, if we lost Boothe in FA, I would not mind Warmack or Cooper---actually I like Cooper a little more. He seems to move a little better and can take some snaps at C if need be. And if Johnson was there at 19, though he's projected as a LT, I would be ok if Reese pulled the trigger on him. We could have top notch, book end tackles for the next 5 to 7 years.I'd love Warmack, but we'd start Diehl over him at LG until Warmack would be forced to eat off Diehl's hand.

GiantRoc
03-16-2013, 12:32 PM

I wish I didn't see this article. I would not like this move. Another restructure? SMH He isn't even good anymore.

drewz
03-16-2013, 02:24 PM
I wish I didn't see this article. I would not like this move. Another restructure? SMH He isn't even good anymore.

dude....................... He's won us 2 Super Bowls