PDA

View Full Version : Our referee for this big game is...

Overdrive92
12-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Walt Anderson!

http://i40.tinypic.com/206m1dc.png

He last called our game at the Packers LAST season. According to the referee rankings on this website, he is supposedly "flag-happy".

http://npinopunintended.wordpress.com/2009/09/09/nfl-preview-bonanza-ranking-the-refs/

Vtgmenfan89
12-27-2011, 05:20 PM
Can't be too much worse than Triplette. I wanna smack that guy

NYG216
12-27-2011, 05:24 PM

Agreed. Triplette is the worst.

Overdrive92
12-27-2011, 05:24 PM
He & his crew also called last year's Super Bowl between the Packers & Steelers.

wolfie
12-27-2011, 05:30 PM
Yeah, they almost stole the game.</P>

But why, WHY, can pro baseball have professional refs and not pro football? It just does not make any sense to me, but what the h%ll do I know.</P>

Not much I guess, since everyone here has been beating up our young linebackers, and blaiming them for all the mistakes, while think most of it is the system. Mark my words... Williams next year will be a stud and everyone will be saying "why wasn't he playing like this last year." Well last year JJP showed flashes, but it took a year for him to get his feet on the ground.</P>

But I digress, the refs for the most part S&amp;&amp;K. </P>

Ruttiger711
12-27-2011, 05:31 PM
No Triplette - No Ron Winter... I'm good

oldgiantfan
12-27-2011, 05:47 PM
If he's flag happy then touching Romo - especially with his injury - will be a no no.

BlueJayC
12-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Gene Steratore is the best ref out there......wish the Giants could get him for a game......he does Big East B-Ball games too and doesn't take s*** from anyone in either sport.....his old man was an official too.

Vtgmenfan89
12-27-2011, 06:31 PM

Agreed.* Triplette is the worst.

He's not only one of the most flag happy officials I've ever seen, he's probably the most unprofessional. Almost always is laughing when about to make or during a call...pretty pathetic. Then gives the most bullsh** explanations for the call, which is in itself bullsh**. Did any of you guys see that skins pats game where a personal foul was called on fletcher for a 'forearm to the head' when Brady was already well beyond the LOS and hadn't hit the ground on his slide because it was late? Awful! First of all a forearm to the head isn't a rule that I've heard of AND his forearm hit him in the chest well away from his head. It was as clean a hit as I've ever seen. Truly pathetic. Sorry for the slightly off topic rant, it just drove me totally nuts even if it was a penalty against a rival

NYGinIN
12-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Ah, I'm running out of things to smash in my house

ebick
12-27-2011, 07:01 PM
But why, WHY, can pro baseball have professional refs and not pro football?</P>

There are 162 baseball games (+ playoffs) and 16 football games.</P>

Vtgmenfan89
12-27-2011, 07:13 PM

Which means it should probably be easier to hire professional refs/officials..seeing as how we don't need as many

SIMMS5611
12-27-2011, 07:21 PM
If he's flag happy then touching Romo - especially with his injury - will be a no no.

Well if the choice is between grazing him accidentally and being hit with a 15 yard penalty OR just running into him like a rabid rhino and caving his chest in, for the same 15 yarder.....hmmmmmmmm....

fansince69
12-27-2011, 08:15 PM
But why, WHY, can pro baseball have professional refs and not pro football?</p>

There are 162 baseball games (+ playoffs) and 16 football games.</p>

Which means it should probably be easier to hire professional refs/officials..seeing as how we don't need as many

Yeah!sign me up...I would love a job where I only work 20 days a year.
Obviously there lies the problem....not enough work to employ full time.

IamGiantsfan
12-27-2011, 08:18 PM

24 days really if you officate for all games (including playoffs and superbowl)

fansince69
12-27-2011, 08:24 PM

24 days really if you officate for all games (including playoffs and superbowl)

Not all refs get playoffs...but even so 24 days is hardly full time

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-27-2011, 11:04 PM

There are 162 baseball games (+ playoffs) and 16 football games.</P>SO i really want a guy that sells used cars for his day job coaching my PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL games on Sundays and the evenings?????? Not even a comparison PRO IS PRO. These guys make me PUKE and throw crap in MY house when they are disregarding the rules like Barack Oslama for his own agenda

G-Men Surg.
12-27-2011, 11:20 PM
Ha ! Prepare for a flag happy game men from both sides but can't wait for it and see how the cowpies oline gets painted in yellow all night long.

GOBIGBLUE52
12-27-2011, 11:21 PM
Oh God, him and that stupid southern accent. You know it's bad when you actually prefer certain referees over others.

Landshark
12-28-2011, 02:59 AM
Oh shut your *** with the politics... Troll...

JMGGIANTS
12-28-2011, 03:22 AM

Aha I was waiting for somebody to bring this up. Why is that relevant? The NFL is a multibillion dollar industry that can justifiably pay big salaries to get full time professional refs.

nycisgreat
12-28-2011, 08:38 AM

Lol, don't forget to add Pete Morelli and Ed Hocoli onto that list. Both of those guys make gag when they call games.

nihan87
12-28-2011, 09:53 AM
No Triplette - No Ron Winter... I'm good</P>

</P>

lol my same thoughts! </P>

TuckYou
12-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Im fine as long as he is consistant and even for both sides, ublike the Packers and Jets games this year.

hungrrrry
12-28-2011, 10:41 AM
...is likely paid off by JJ

wolfie
12-28-2011, 04:00 PM

Aha I was waiting for somebody to bring this up. Why is that relevant? The NFL is a multibillion dollar industry that can justifiably pay big salaries to get full time professional refs.</P>

</P>

Yes, 100% correct. The rest of the year, they can learn the freaking rules and watch game film so they get better at their jobs and don't cost teams a game.</P>

MattMeyerBud
12-28-2011, 04:55 PM
No Triplette - No Ron Winter... I'm good

Ron Winter is THEE worst

BlueJayC
01-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Any idea yet Overdrive......couldn't find anything online....

nygpolishpunk
01-04-2012, 03:58 PM
oops didn't realize the OP posted quite a while ago

Ruttiger711
01-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Any idea yet Overdrive......couldn't find anything online....</P>

</P>

I'll say it again </P>
<DIV><FONT size=4>No</FONT> Triplette - <FONT size=4>No</FONT> Ron Winter...andI'm good</DIV>

</P>

BlueJayC
01-04-2012, 04:24 PM
I guess they'll announce them here when they're assigned: http://www.footballzebras.com/

RoanokeFan
01-04-2012, 04:39 PM

+1

Kase-1
01-04-2012, 04:43 PM
As long as its not the ref from the Winter Classic, that guy was AWFUL

G-Men Surg.
01-07-2012, 02:36 AM
Falcons at Giants (Sunday, 1 pm)
Referee Carl Cheffers heads to the Meadowlands with his regular season crew, with a couple of substitutions.
R — #12 Carl Cheffers (12th year, 4th as referee)
U — #96 Undrey Wash (12th year)
HL — #110 Phil McKinnely (9th year)*
LJ — #100 Tom Symonette (8th year)
FJ — #80 Greg Gautreaux (10th year)*
SJ — #125 Laird Hayes (17th year)
BJ — #30 Todd Prukop (3rd year)
Alternates — Scott Dawson (#70, U from Alberto Riverón’s crew), Mark Steinkerchner (#84, LJ from Terry McAuley’s crew)
*Substitutions: McKinnely substitutes from Jeff Triplette’s crew for Kent Payne; Gautreaux substitutes from Walt Coleman’s crew for Jimmy Buchanan. Buchannan is ineligible to work a conference championship or Super Bowl, as he is in his third season.
Cheffers’ crew did not have a postseason assignment last year; he last officiated a postseason game in the divisional playoff round in 2009, which was his first year of eligibility as a crew chief.
This crew worked the Week 2 game between the Eagles and Falcons.

miked1958
01-07-2012, 04:11 AM
Let's just hope theres no really bad calls where u are certain u will win the challenge and they reverse it on u. Or they don't call no bogus penalties that are game changing