PDA

View Full Version : Jayron Hosley as Punt Retuner

BlessedinBlue22
03-15-2013, 09:50 PM
I know it's early, but i really liked Jayron returning punts in the preseason. Showed good burst, and is alot better than Ross at it. If you watch Hosley's college highlights he was a very good PR. Considering he may only be used as a nickel CB, or slot corner, why not utilize him on Special teams more.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-15-2013, 09:52 PM
I'd rather not purposely DECIMATE our depth at corner once again when we could have someone like Jernigan or another candidate here.

ShakeandBake
03-15-2013, 09:55 PM
Its definitely in the realm of possibility, especially considering his experience there during his college career. I would like to see us add more depth at corner before we throw him out there though considering how decimated we have been at that position in the recent past.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-15-2013, 09:57 PM
Hosley showed a lot of potential at corner.... I don't want him anywhere near returns....

ShakeandBake
03-15-2013, 09:58 PM
Hosley showed a lot of potential at corner.... I don't want him anywhere near returns....

Well things can and most likely will drastically change between now and the beginning of the year. Depending on who we bring in you might change your tune before the start of the season.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Well things can and most likely will drastically change between now and the beginning of the year. Depending on who we bring in you might change your tune before the start of the season.

Meaning what exactly? :confused:

I don't get what you mean. Hosley showed too much potential to be risking injury doing punt returns.

Our depth at corner has been DECIMATED over the past few seasons. That's more important to our team than punt returns.

RoanokeFan
03-15-2013, 10:03 PM
I know it's early, but i really liked Jayron returning punts in the preseason. Showed good burst, and is alot better than Ross at it. If you watch Hosley's college highlights he was a very good PR. Considering he may only be used as a nickel CB, or slot corner, why not utilize him on Special teams more.

I hope Hixon returns and returns

NYG4lifeNYK
03-15-2013, 10:05 PM
I hope Hixon returns and returns

Oh God.... no more puns or play on words! ahhhh

But I too share your sentiment... if not I'd like the Louis Murphy kid... really stretch the field as our #4

FishinTheSalt
03-15-2013, 10:06 PM
another jason seahorn. no thanks. most of us remember howvthat turned out.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-15-2013, 10:07 PM
another jason seahorn. no thanks. most of us remember howvthat turned out.

Amen... Hosley was a steal, let's try and keep him around awhile.