PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Phillips: Iíll learn to hate the Giants

GIANTS740ilbmw
03-15-2013, 08:52 PM
Kenny Phillips: Iíll learn to hate the Giants

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 15, 2013, 8:39 PM EDT

Getty Images
The New York Giants are the only team Kenny Phillips has played for in his five-year NFL career. But Phillips is a Philadelphia Eagle now, and he knows what Philly fans want to hear.

Thatís why, Phillips said, even though it will be difficult at first, heíll learn to hate the Giants, as an Eagle should.

ďItís weird. Itís definitely weird. But at this point I canít say I hate the Giants. When I was with the Giants I kind of disliked the Eagles. But I canít just say right now I hate the Giants. I guess Iíll have to learn to hate them,Ē Phillips said.

Phillips has already learned to love Eagles coach Chip Kelly, whom Phillips said heís excited to play for.

ďOnce I got here and just speaking to the coaching staff and speaking to Chip, I can honestly say I feel at home,Ē Phillips said. ďThe Giants is a great organization. But Iím really happy to be here right now just surrounded by some great people and great players. I never thought Iíd be sitting here today as a Philadelphia Eagle.Ē

And Phillips never thought heíd hate the Giants. But heís ready to learn.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-15-2013, 08:53 PM
Non story, and he said I guess I'll HAVE to learn to hate them. He only signed for one year, he's gone next year and back with us :)

SUPER SECRET DOUBLE AGENT KENNY PHILLIPS

GiantsFootball1
03-15-2013, 08:54 PM
Well what do you want him to say? I love the giants and hope they kick my new teams butt twice this year? Lets not get stupid guys

Gmen2005
03-15-2013, 08:57 PM
well I'm bitter haha

cornerback30
The Giants are longer his concern,he better worry about the health of his knee and if he's going to make it through the season.While he's out there talking he better call Steve Smith and ask him how things turned out for him once he proved not to be healthy enough to play.I don't even know if he's in the league anymore.He better learn to respect the Blue because if things go bad for him there he'll be his *** right back here next year looking for a job.He better check his self

ShakeandBake
KP shouldn't sweat it, he will more than likely be inactive due to injury when we play the Eagles anyway.

mikeq6722
03-15-2013, 09:03 PM
Thats a pretty poorly written article. If people bothered to listen to the interview you can tell Phillips struggled with the decision. He started that whole thing off by saying how he hated the eagles when he was here and how he couldnt say he hated the giants at all at this point. He was very thankful for everything the Giants did for him.

DownWitJPP
03-15-2013, 09:12 PM
one of my fav players when he was here. I'm getting sick to my stomach seeing him in Eagles green..he deserves better than that. That being said he is now the enemy, I hope he has good health but completely sucks on the football field.

Die-Hard
03-15-2013, 09:34 PM
He went to our most hated division rival. What did you expect him to say? He doesn't sound the least bit bitter or angry, he just made a business decision that was good for him. Non story

ELI_Iz_God
03-15-2013, 09:42 PM
loyalty is a dead moral value in today's generation...sad

JAYPEE
03-15-2013, 09:49 PM
He's just getting his teammates to "accept" him. Whats he suppose to say, "i still love the team thats now my division rival"? Come on.

mikeq6722
03-15-2013, 09:51 PM

Do you know what the Giants offered him? No. So this has nothing to do with loyalty. Im sure if a different employer offered you 2-3 times more salary you would turn it down because of loyalty right?

B&RWarrior
03-15-2013, 09:58 PM
This sucks, but I wish him the best. I won't root against him ever. I'm a Canes fan and a Giants fan so he was one of my favorite Giants. I hope his knees hold up and he can play good football for the Eagles for as long as possible. KP is a class act.

ELI_Iz_God
03-15-2013, 10:01 PM
Do you know what the Giants offered him? No. So this has nothing to do with loyalty. Im sure if a different employer offered you 2-3 times more salary you would turn it down because of loyalty right?

no I wouldn't..what your talking about is another Ethic called "Greed" and based on the example you used it's clear you would take the bait. I wouldn't expect you to understand why some people value loyalty above all else.

Take Cruz's situation. What could you possibly do with 10+ mil a year that you couldn't do with 6-7 a year? Would you be living a life of hardship? I think not....

B&RWarrior
03-15-2013, 10:20 PM
no I wouldn't..what your talking about is another Ethic called "Greed" and based on the example you used it's clear you would take the bait. I wouldn't expect you to understand why some people value loyalty above all else.

Take Cruz's situation. What could you possibly do with 10+ mil a year that you couldn't do with 6-7 a year? Would you be living a life of hardship? I think not....

Exactly what are they being loyal to? Any team will cut a player that doesn't perform, as soon as they stop performing, regardless of their popularity, personal finances, or any other reason. I don't think you quite understand the risk inherent in playing football. The average career is like 3 years, the next play could always be a player's last play, so it doesn't make sense to sacrifice money for loyalty when not one team in this league will consider a player's loyalty in assessing whether or not a player makes the roster.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-15-2013, 10:22 PM

Goes both ways. Even moreso for the organizations.

gmen0820
03-15-2013, 10:25 PM
I guess I'll have to learn to hate the Giants.

Huh, very unlike the media to leave out words crucial to a statements meaning. Unusual...

Cloud57
03-15-2013, 10:36 PM
Eagles fan should be excited, they have signed excellent FAs, they have good coaches and high draft picks. They also have a lot of cap space. The only thing missing is a solid QB.

gmen0820
03-15-2013, 10:40 PM
The only thing missing is a solid QB.It's like having a lot of firewood, and no matches.

Diamondring
03-15-2013, 11:22 PM
Non story, and he said I guess I'll HAVE to learn to hate them. He only signed for one year, he's gone next year and back with us :)

SUPER SECRET DOUBLE AGENT KENNY PHILLIPSYou are not suppose to give out that information.

Harooni
03-16-2013, 12:06 AM
I dont believe him, he is trolling egal fans., you dont forget and hate the only team you played for. the eagle bird brain fans are eating it up.

Rat_bastich
03-16-2013, 12:13 AM
He'll probably have a healthy dose of respect and will probably be meeting with Giants' players on the field after a game or something. It would be hard to hate a group of folks or organization that you have been with for so many years unless they gave you the total shaft. The NFL today is not like the NFL of the past. Rivalries are basically rivalries because they have always been. Rivalries in the past were built off true hate.

GameTime
03-16-2013, 08:07 AM
thats the way the league wants it......not KPs fault...

either way I dont really care. I am a "Giants" fan. A fan of the organization and the team. KP is gone.....bye bye.

Out of Exile
03-16-2013, 08:17 AM
And I shall learn to hate KP. Whoops.

Redeyejedi
03-16-2013, 08:20 AM
loyalty is a dead moral value in today's generation...sad U cant possibly be serious. U think he should stay with the Giants for half the money because of loyalty. Loyalty to what a team that doesnt want to match the contract the Eagles gave him or a commitment to more then 1 year, Or do u believe loyalty only comes from 1 side like a dog.

Flip Empty
03-16-2013, 08:22 AM
Canty did a good job of hating the Cowboys.

B&RWarrior
03-16-2013, 10:52 AM
KP wil play hard against us, believe that. Players always show up against there old team.

Die-Hard
03-16-2013, 10:56 AM

Loyalty is great, and I do think its a lost commodity, but at the same time, it doesnt pay the bills. In a sport like football, when you could be one hit away from a wheelchair(or worse), you have to take what you can get, in case you are left in the unenviable position of not being able to take care of yourself, or your family.

FlyingTruck
03-16-2013, 11:40 AM
This is what bothers me. He said when he was with us he kind of "DISLIKED" the Eagles. But he'll learn to HATE us? What?

TCHOF
03-16-2013, 11:43 AM
U cant possibly be serious. U think he should stay with the Giants for half the money because of loyalty. Loyalty to what a team that doesnt want to match the contract the Eagles gave him or a commitment to more then 1 year, Or do u believe loyalty only comes from 1 side like a dog.

I couldn't agree more. Some of the posters on here act like smitten little schoolgirls when a player leaves. It's a business. Wake up.

derekunion28
03-16-2013, 12:17 PM
its not like we had any of the andrews brothers and jenkins , players get to see both sides , at the end they will no the difference

BigBlueAllDay
03-16-2013, 12:36 PM
Goes both ways. Even moreso for the organizations.

Absolutely. Ahmad Bradshaw, whose only 26 (27 on Tuesday), 6 seasons with the Giants, 2 SBs, bruised, battered, and CUT. lol It's a business and money plays the tune. Players have every right to get as much as possible.

blueribbon
03-16-2013, 01:47 PM
Even their own fans hate the Eagles.

Giantslb66
03-16-2013, 02:06 PM
He's just getting his teammates to "accept" him. Whats he suppose to say, "i still love the team thats now my division rival"? Come on. He plays for the Eagles now, Giant fans can "hate" him as well. Are we supposed to root for an E-Girl? Hope you go 0-16 KP!