PDA

View Full Version : T.Thomas 2010 vs. Prince 2012

Rush4Blitz2
03-16-2013, 05:19 AM
Prince 2012 Targets - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UgbxfI4l2w

vs.

T.Thomas 2010 Targets - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImF29ofyK2I

Just watched these two videos and it really brought my opinion of T2 down a few levels. Thomas as a 3rd year corner seems to play with the intention of not getting beat deep. Although it seems like the majority of the coverage was zone, about 60% of the video, I can't help but complain about the cushion he gives up in coverage. When the ball is at its highest point i see no jump-ball skills from T2, just arms up in the air. His speed really seemed to be lacking and this is before the 2nd and 3rd ACL tear, Scary! There is a positive to take from this, he is a great tackler. Before watching this i had very high hopes of Thomas coming in and establishing his presence again but now I'm not so sure about that. If he maintained the speed showed from 2010 then there's a small chance he can contribute at Safety for us. I really don't see him being an effective corner at this point in his career.

Prince as a full time starter really put pressure on the opposite corner, Webster, which is a very good sign. Teams watched film and opted to throw in the other direction more often and for good reason. Some targets showed soft coverage and slow change of direction but the majority of the film showed the complete opposite. Prince has great hips and a knack for guessing routes and YAC movement based on the WR's hips. Recovery speed is something you want from every DB and he showed it on several deep balls and quick slants that were thrown at him. For the first time in a long time I see a Giants corner be able to go 1 on 1 with Philly's speedy wide-outs and win the match-ups. The future is very bright for the Prince.

Disclaimer:: This thread wasn't made to bash any player, or speak negatively of the franchise and/or players for no particular reason. I am not a professional scout and this is not a professional scouting report. I watched a couple videos and wanted to share my opinions with the board. Albeit my attempts to cover myself from the mob mentality that sometimes happens here, Fbomb and/or RF will find a way to comment in the aforementioned fashion... lol.

Rat_bastich
03-16-2013, 05:26 AM
I think at this point Thomas is probably no more than depth and depending on what else happens in the draft and free agency, may not make it out of camp. Right now he has Holsey, Prince and Webster in front of him not to mention Ross thrown back into the mix. Even at safety, if they try to put him there, Rolle and Brown are fixed.

Rush4Blitz2
03-16-2013, 05:28 AM
Yea it's going to be tough for him but I've always rooting for the kid to get healthy and make a return. Hopefully he'll surprise everyone.

B&RWarrior
03-16-2013, 11:07 AM
Webster always played well against speed receivers up until last year. Played well against TO, Desean, and played well against Wallace except for that one TD catch at the end.

Joe Morrison
03-16-2013, 11:26 AM
With the GMEN they can never have enough depth at corner, if he's healthy he there will be a spot for him.

Manning
03-16-2013, 01:54 PM
OMFG finally someone agrees with me. T2 used to drive me nuts with 10-15 yard cushions every freaking snap. Fans here used to proclaim him as some sort of savior for our secondary. He is the most overrated giants in history of this message board.

People said he was a great tackler and pointed as his tackle stats. He actually missed loads of tackles and the only reason his tackle stats were so inflated were due to these enormous cushions he gave opposing WRs.

The guy was a conservative CB with no aggressive coverage skills.

Sovereign
03-16-2013, 01:58 PM
The 10-15 yard cushions are there for Prince too. While I agree that Prince is better, the cushions are because of our defensive coordinator, willingly giving first downs to the other team.

Manning
03-16-2013, 02:06 PM
The 10-15 yard cushions are there for Prince too. While I agree that Prince is better, the cushions are because of our defensive coordinator, willingly giving first downs to the other team.

Prince will close in on the receiver once the ball is snapped. T2 would back pedal at the snap and make sure there was always ten yards between him and the receiver. He would only close in once ball was thrown.

GTGiantsFan
03-16-2013, 02:06 PM
The cushions really anger me, even with Prince. Why do they just let WR's get 5-10 years with ease? We need some good safeties back there for a change, and our best, and only good one left.

03-16-2013, 02:11 PM
nice observation .... I think prince will be great for us

nhpgiantsfan
03-16-2013, 05:07 PM
That cushion says a lot about why T2 had so many tackles. A cornerback leading the team in tackles is never a good thing!

Rush4Blitz2
03-16-2013, 06:46 PM
OMFG finally someone agrees with me. T2 used to drive me nuts with 10-15 yard cushions every freaking snap. Fans here used to proclaim him as some sort of savior for our secondary. He is the most overrated giants in history of this message board.

People said he was a great tackler and pointed as his tackle stats. He actually missed loads of tackles and the only reason his tackle stats were so inflated were due to these enormous cushions he gave opposing WRs.

The guy was a conservative CB with no aggressive coverage skills.
I was once blind as well