PDA

View Full Version : Giants sign LB Dan Connor, Bringing in TE Brandon Myers in

NYGfanNC
03-16-2013, 02:37 PM
Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN (https://twitter.com/RVacchianoNYDN)
And as the Giants are bringing in TE Brandon Myers, @ProFootballTalk (https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk) says they've signed LB Dan Connor to a 1-year deal.

Myers is a solid tight end. He had a good year this year with Carson Palmer.

hugehomer
03-16-2013, 02:40 PM
Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN (https://twitter.com/RVacchianoNYDN)
And as the Giants are bringing in TE Brandon Myers, @ProFootballTalk (https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk) says they've signed LB Dan Connor to a 1-year deal.

Myers is a solid tight end. He had a good year this year with Carson Palmer.

The Giants usually are not interested in putrid run blockers at TE

Die-Hard
03-16-2013, 02:41 PM
I like the Connor signing. He's very good at run stuffing and on ST's.

GentleGiant
03-16-2013, 02:49 PM
Just make him the starter already.

DVision
03-16-2013, 02:50 PM
The Giants usually are not interested in putrid run blockers at TE

They need a replacement "putrid run blocker" for Beckum. lol

BlessedinBlue22
03-16-2013, 02:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1BWPd-Ha3o

This video shows how "slow" Dan Connor is...The positive on Connor is he is a true MLB who can shed blocks..What u guys though of his performance in Dallas?

blueribbon
03-16-2013, 02:51 PM
Good signing!

GiantFanatic55
03-16-2013, 02:52 PM
Myers is a solid tight end. He had a good year this year with Carson Palmer.[/B][/B]

He was the worst run blocking TE last year...no thanks

NYGfanNC
03-16-2013, 02:55 PM
He was the worst run blocking TE last year...no thanks
Then he wont be in on run plays.

moosedrool
03-16-2013, 03:01 PM
Another mediocre LB.

Giantslb66
03-16-2013, 03:03 PM
I just don't get JR's logic with his choice of LBs. This does nothing to help us.

gmen0820
03-16-2013, 03:05 PM
Both players would add bodies to thin positions, and if the Giants are signing them, they're cheap.

GTGiantsFan
03-16-2013, 03:05 PM
Another mediocre LB.
That'll be proclaimed good, and starter-worthy by the Giants Organization when we all know he's not close too that.

miked1958
03-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Can't be as slow as Blackburn.. Wonder how Dallas boards feel? Prob good luck and goodbye

Carter.525
03-16-2013, 03:16 PM
I'm more excited about the possibility of signing Myers than Connor..

Redeyejedi
03-16-2013, 03:17 PM
I didnt think it was possible to get any worse at LB but the Giants managed to do it Bravo

WinterIsComing
03-16-2013, 03:21 PM
Meyers would be a great signing. In fact, I think he brings more to our offense than Bennett did. Reese is going a great job so far this offseason.

keyofgmen
03-16-2013, 03:22 PM
Can't be as slow as Blackburn.. Wonder how Dallas boards feel? Prob good luck and goodbye

Just checked there and no mention yet

Die-Hard
03-16-2013, 03:27 PM
Another mediocre LB.

Who do you think they should have signed with next to no cap room? Enough already. While Blackburn is all heart, he's not a starting NFL LB'er by any means, but he gets plenty of love around here. Connor is definitely a more skilled player than Chase, especially against the run. If you expect every signing to garner huge headlines, then you are rooting for the wrong team. The Giants simply do not operate like that.

53canton
03-16-2013, 03:28 PM
I guess we wont be using #19 pick on a LB! Now anyone wonder where we are going with that first pick?

Redeyejedi
03-16-2013, 03:28 PM
Who do you think they should have signed with next to no cap room? Enough already. While Blackburn is all heart, he's not a starting NFL LB'er by any means, but he gets plenty of love around here. Connor is definitely a more skilled player than Chase, especially against the run. If you expect every signing to garner huge headlines, then you are rooting for the wrong team. The Giants simply do not operate like that. Conner is terrible just because he has name recognition doesnt mean he is any good this is a downgrade which was hard to do

Gmen2005
03-16-2013, 03:34 PM
I always wanted Connor out of PSU, hopefully he'll play well here.

Die-Hard
03-16-2013, 03:37 PM
I guess we wont be using #19 pick on a LB! Now anyone wonder where we are going with that first pick?

They still need LB's, but I'd be floored if they went LB. My guess is DE or OL, specifically Guard

Die-Hard
03-16-2013, 03:39 PM
Conner is terrible just because he has name recognition doesnt mean he is any good this is a downgrade which was hard to do

Name recognition? Seriously?! LOL

I'm basing my comments on what I've seen of him on the field. He's a good run stopper and plays well on ST's. Who is he a downgrade from?

Redeyejedi
03-16-2013, 03:47 PM
Name recognition? Seriously?! LOL

I'm basing my comments on what I've seen of him on the field. He's a good run stopper and plays well on ST's. Who is he a downgrade from?Did u watch him last year?

giantyankee1976
03-16-2013, 04:15 PM
I like the Connor signing. He's very good at run stuffing and on ST's.

*crosses-fingers*

we NEED run-stopping, I hope what he has is infectious/ contagious

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
03-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Did u watch him last year? I doubt it but I'm sure he'll tell you otherwise

nycsportzfan
03-16-2013, 04:24 PM
Did u watch him last year? Hes a good fit on this team.. I think he'll live up to his expectations with this group.. I like the signing, as a hard nosed run stopper, whos younger then blackburn, and has alittle more upside at this point... I think we'll hit on Rivers or Connor and maybe both..

BlessedinBlue22
03-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Anybody have some video of him during his final 5 games taking over Sean Lee?

BigJ
03-16-2013, 04:29 PM
This once again proves that reese will make no moves at Linebacker and and he doesnt care that we have guys starting that arent starters. "Dan Connor has great special teams play" well great thats awesome but we need a starting MLB for once can we get a quality line backer?? I wish he could of freed up some cap space restructuring and cut a few people to get Karlos Dansby.... Now that is a real linebacker. Guy would make a huge impact on this defense. He would be an amazing pick up but Reese doesnt seem to value good linebackers

njersey
03-16-2013, 04:41 PM

This video shows how "slow" Dan Connor is...The positive on Connor is he is a true MLB who can shed blocks..What u guys though of his performance in Dallas?

Never paid attention to him in Dallas, but I loved him when he played for Penn State.

Redeyejedi
03-16-2013, 04:43 PM
I will say this, as long as the Giants arent planning on him starting I have no problem with the signing.

Die-Hard
03-16-2013, 04:45 PM
Did u watch him last year?

Yes, I did, and obviously, you didn't. I wasn't completely bowled over, but he was miles away from being terrible when he stepped in for Sean Lee. You still haven't told me who he's a downgrade from. Blackburn?

nycsportzfan
I will say this, as long as the Giants arent planning on him starting I have no problem with the signing. He'll be a fine spot starter, run down LB... Hard hitter, physical, and best may still be in front of em...

Die-Hard
I doubt it but I'm sure he'll tell you otherwise

Keep on doubting. You'll keep being wrong.

I Bleed Blue 56
Hes garbage horrible pick up should have went after Dansby. One of these days the front office will address our mediocre lb core.

giantsfan420
03-16-2013, 04:49 PM
yeah dansby has been a beast the past few years.

i think connor will do alright with us. hes suited fora 4-3 imo moreso than a 3-4. the 3-4, he didnt have the kinda athleticism to run all over the field making plays. he needs to play within himself and with discipline. in a 4-3, where he can read his checks presnap, and play to the design of the d. imo hes more suited for that than to be a 3-4 ilb where hes asked to cover sideline to sideline and make play after play. he wont be an all pro for us, but dude does have some talent.

i didnt know meyers was that bad a blocker. theres gotta be more to it than that. he certainly has all the tools. my bet, we sign meyers, and draft the TE Pope is enamored with to play and learn behind meyers.

giantcarll
03-16-2013, 04:52 PM
We still should draft a LB in the first and have him learn and then be able to rotate in by mid season maybe.Hopefully we get Olgetree.

Carter.525
03-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Myers is solid.. should sove the issues at TE, let Robinson develop more

GentleGiant
03-16-2013, 05:20 PM
Hes garbage horrible pick up should have went after Dansby. One of these days the front office will address our mediocre lb core. Ignorant comment.

Redeyejedi
03-16-2013, 05:20 PM
Yes, I did, and obviously, you didn't. I wasn't completely bowled over, but he was miles away from being terrible when he stepped in for Sean Lee. You still haven't told me who he's a downgrade from. Blackburn?If he starts anywhere he is a downgrade.Games I watched with him playing I wasnt impressed at all. Yes I do think Blackburn is better

gmen0820
03-16-2013, 05:22 PM
He was the worst run blocking TE last year...no thanksI'm assuming, according to PFF?

embeshAtYa
03-16-2013, 05:23 PM
shouldn we be worried about speed on opposing offenses in our division?

gmen0820
03-16-2013, 05:27 PM
shouldn we be worried about speed on opposing offenses in our division?http://www.lobshots.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/RG3-wheelchair-logo.jpg

And Chip Kelly's little circus down the turnpike?

I wouldn't be overly concerned with divisional speed, but the league is getting faster.

tonyt830
03-16-2013, 05:28 PM
well I know the Giants have to bargain shop and get the most bang for their buck, but I'm not thrilled at all with the signing of Connor. But hey who am I, just a fan, who does not have the unenvious job as a GM or the owner who writes the checks. Its a 1 yr deal, no biggie---my question is though, who ends up getting hurt first in camp--Connor or Rivers? LOL!!!

Now I am ok with the Murphy signing---if Hixon and Barden are gone, he will be good competition as a 4th WR with Jernigan. He is young and has been durable---and now he has a top QB to work with.

And with Myers coming in for a visit, once again, good news. Maybe the Giants get him at a bargain price and he flourishes with Eli and our offense.

I guess Dansby and Durant would have been too pricey, or Reese and the staff were not impressed with them.

Giantslb66
03-16-2013, 05:28 PM
Ignorant comment. He is half correct on this, Reese refuses to address our mediocre LBs

tonyt830
03-16-2013, 05:31 PM
shouldn we be worried about speed on opposing offenses in our division?not just with our division, but you also have teams like the 49ers and Seahawks running that read option and pistol offenses. And I don't think Griffin will be running as much and even if he does, that is the 2nd ACL surgery on that knee. He may not be quite the same. I would be more concerned with Alfred Morris and slowing him down.

I am curious to see what Chip Kelly puts together in Philly.

TheEnigma
03-16-2013, 05:35 PM
Man, if we do draft a LB in the 1st round, I'm going to feel sorry for that kid with all the expectations he will have coming here lol.

BigBlueOnes
03-16-2013, 05:36 PM

So ONE clip is enough to convince us he sucks??

tonyt830
Ignorant comment.why is it an ignorant comment? Because his opinion is not the same as your opinion? Our front office is doing the best they can considering the Giants cap number, but Connor is not a top tier LB. He came from a big school in Penn St, so most people assumed he would be all pro because of the success of some of the other PSU alum. he is injury prone, and it seems every preseason, most of us fans are holding their collective breaths when it comes to injury reports.

I am sure that Reese will be looking at a LB in the draft somewhere---Connor is a 1 yr deal, a band-aid. And Im sure DT could still be addressed in the draft, even though the Giants signed Jenkins.

jomo
Man, if we do draft a LB in the 1st round, I'm going to feel sorry for that kid with all the expectations he will have coming here lol.I think the bar is actually quite low based on what we've had here in the past 15 years.

TheEnigma
03-16-2013, 05:42 PM
I think the bar is actually quite low based on what we've had here in the past 15 years.

I don't know. This fan base is starving for a LB with tons of potential and since we have very little to brag about at the position, they are going to expect him to start in the 1st game and to play at a high level. Guys like JPP, Prince, and Wilson didn't have to be rushed out there in their 1st season so there wasn't any serious expectation from them.

GentleGiant
03-16-2013, 05:42 PM
why is it an ignorant comment? Because his opinion is not the same as your opinion? Our front office is doing the best they can considering the Giants cap number, but Connor is not a top tier LB. He came from a big school in Penn St, so most people assumed he would be all pro because of the success of some of the other PSU alum. he is injury prone, and it seems every preseason, most of us fans are holding their collective breaths when it comes to injury reports.I am sure that Reese will be looking at a LB in the draft somewhere---Connor is a 1 yr deal, a band-aid. And Im sure DT could still be addressed in the draft, even though the Giants signed Jenkins. Dont get your panties in a bunch.He's ignorant because he thinks that a 3-4 LB isn't gonna change in a totally diff system. The madness is that some think Blackburn is better. I love chase but Connor is better.

tonyt830
03-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Dont get your panties in a bunch.He's ignorant because he thinks that a 3-4 LB isn't gonna change in a totally diff system. The madness is that some think Blackburn is better. I love chase but Connor is better.my panties are not in a bunch skip, it sounds like you might be the one a tad uptight.

Everybody is entitled to their opinions, its a messageboard, people can voice their opinions, no matter how much or how little they agree with your opinions.

I think Connor, if, and thats a big IF, he stays healthy can contribute to the defense. But as for Chase vs Connor, the only thing that Connor has over Chase is youth, thats it.

GentleGiant
03-16-2013, 05:54 PM
my panties are not in a bunch skip, it sounds like you might be the one a tad uptight.Everybody is entitled to their opinions, its a messageboard, people can voice their opinions, no matter how much or how little they agree with your opinions. I think Connor, if, and thats a big IF, he stays healthy can contribute to the defense. But as for Chase vs Connor, the only thing that Connor has over Chase is youth, thats it. I'm not uptight at all but no offense your the one who immediately switched to the "entitled to their opinion".If they think a guy is "garbage" before getting on the field that's ignorant. Ignorant isn't an insult. Just like lazy isnt an insult. Just cause its his opinion doesn't make it less ignorant. Not to mention that chase was a starter and Connor was a backup. I disagree that chase was better. Sean Lee went out early in the season and Connor played well against the run unlike chase who got beat multiple times. The 4-3 makes it easier for LB than the 3-4 Connor was in. I still want ogletree in the draft but right now I'd choose Connor.

JAYPEE
03-16-2013, 06:01 PM
He ran around a 4.67 forty time, so he isn't that slow. He has potential.

I Bleed Blue 56
03-16-2013, 06:07 PM
Ignorant comment.
Ignorant my a**. Your a moron if you think Connor is anygood. Hes average at best and injury prone. I watch cowboys games to tellyou hes garbage and yes I said it. What has this front office done to address our linebackers nothing. Chase was a backup Rivers is solid but cant stay healthy. Kiwi is a DE for crying out loud. Jwill is a HUGE ? So once again my point is proven they havent dont nothing to address this mediocre LB core. FOH with your pointless response back.

tonyt830
03-16-2013, 06:10 PM
I'm not uptight at all but no offense your the one who immediately switched to the "entitled to their opinion".If they think a guy is "garbage" before getting on the field that's ignorant. Ignorant isn't an insult. Just like lazy isnt an insult. Just cause its his opinion doesn't make it less ignorant. Not to mention that chase was a starter and Connor was a backup. I disagree that chase was better. Sean Lee went out early in the season and Connor played well against the run unlike chase who got beat multiple times. The 4-3 makes it easier for LB than the 3-4 Connor was in.hey Im not offended. I have had better people say worse things to me. But you say Connor played well when he came in for Lee. If Im not mistaken, Carter and Sims came in and produced for the Cowboys. Connor only got his chance when Carter went down. I think the Cowboys were not upset with having to cut him to save money.

And I agree, I think Connor will do better in a 4-3 at the mike, once again, if he can stay healthy. Thats the key, health. Connor even mentioned in one of the articles that he is more comfortable at the mike, but has played the outside backer position.

And I stick to my statement, everybody is entitled to their opinion, you included. You think Connor is better than Blackburn--great, I will not call you ignorant, its your opinion.

jomo
03-16-2013, 06:12 PM
I love a good food fight. lol

JesseJames
03-16-2013, 06:13 PM
its starting to look like no matter who Reese brings in here some will say he sucks and others are happy, this board never changes.....

I Bleed Blue 56
03-16-2013, 06:13 PM
why is it an ignorant comment? Because his opinion is not the same as your opinion? Our front office is doing the best they can considering the Giants cap number, but Connor is not a top tier LB. He came from a big school in Penn St, so most people assumed he would be all pro because of the success of some of the other PSU alum. he is injury prone, and it seems every preseason, most of us fans are holding their collective breaths when it comes to injury reports.

I am sure that Reese will be looking at a LB in the draft somewhere---Connor is a 1 yr deal, a band-aid. And Im sure DT could still be addressed in the draft, even though the Giants signed Jenkins. Thank you ignorant is saying our front office is garbage. I clearly expressed my opinion on Connor. I have seen enough of his game to speak my opinion. Not sure hy we keep band aiding the linebackers. I hope they prove me wrong and draft one high. So we can get over the Sintim project lol.

GentleGiant
03-16-2013, 06:15 PM
Ignorant my a**. Your a moron if you think Connor is anygood. Hes average at best and injury prone. I watch cowboys games to tellyou hes garbage and yes I said it. What has this front office done to address our linebackers nothing. Chase was a backup Rivers is solid but cant stay healthy. Kiwi is a DE for crying out loud. Jwill is a HUGE ? So once again my point is proven they havent dont nothing to address this mediocre LB core. FOH with your pointless response back. And this is why I called you ignorant. " your a moron if you think Connor is any good". And your a moron if you think 3-4 is the thing as 4-3. I'm done. Your not worth it.

tonyt830
03-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Ignorant my a**. Your a moron if you think Connor is anygood. Hes average at best and injury prone. I watch cowboys games to tellyou hes garbage and yes I said it. What has this front office done to address our linebackers nothing. Chase was a backup Rivers is solid but cant stay healthy. Kiwi is a DE for crying out loud. Jwill is a HUGE ? So once again my point is proven they havent dont nothing to address this mediocre LB core. FOH with your pointless response back.Hey man, no need to get upset at him. He has opinion as do you. But he seems like the type of person that will bad mouth, call someone ignorant, if their opinion does not agree with his. But according to him, saying someone is ignorant, is not an insult, just like saying someone is lazy is not an insult---his words, not mine.

I think as fans, we should just see how it works out--maybe Connor surprises some of the doubters. My big concern with him is his durability. Personally I don't think he is a huge upgrade, but he does have youth on his side.

The front office has been trying to do the best they can with the limited cap space. Lets just hope Reese does a great job in the draft---I think LB will still be addressed in the draft. Connor is only a band-aid for now, a 1yr deal. Maybe the Giants wont draft a LB at 19, but I think we could see a LB in Rd 2 or 3. Maybe Arthur Brown or Kaseem Greene will be there in the 2nd rd.

gabriel_1
03-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Yeah i think that we still need people at LB, and I wouldn't discount taking one in the first. Ogletree would still fit very well. It scares me that Rivers and Connor are both injury prone, and I'm sure it also scares Resse. He won't take a chance watch us bring another LB through the draft.

GentleGiant
03-16-2013, 06:20 PM
Hey man, no need to get upset at him. He has opinion as do you. But he seems like the type of person that will bad mouth, call someone ignorant, if their opinion does not agree with his. But according to him, saying someone is ignorant, is not an insult, just like saying someone is lazy is not an insult---his words, not mine.I think as fans, we should just see how it works out--maybe Connor surprises some of the doubters. My big concern with him is his durability. Personally I don't think he is a huge upgrade, but he does have youth on his side. The front office has been trying to do the best they can with the limited cap space. Lets just hope Reese does a great job in the draft---I think LB will still be addressed in the draft. Connor is only a band-aid for now, a 1yr deal. Maybe the Giants wont draft a LB at 19, but I think we could see a LB in Rd 2 or 3. Maybe Arthur Brown or Kaseem Greene will be there in the 2nd rd. Don't twist my words. I didn't call any person ignorant. I called his comment ignorant. Not to mention that based off his comments, he's clearly too raged to take his opinion seriously.

I Bleed Blue 56
03-16-2013, 06:20 PM
And this is why I called you ignorant. " your a moron if you think Connor is any good". And your a moron if you think 3-4 is the thing as 4-3. I'm done. Your not worth it. You are a bit uptight wow. Let me tell you something honestly. We are both Giants fans and if we stood at the bar watching the game we would never tell one another hey your ignorant for saying a players garbage. I know what his position is my friend.I also know he played mike and moved outside in the panthers defense because he wasnt that good holding the position down. He is average at best and like EVERYONE here we have opinions. You calling me ignorant is a joke to me and laughable. I am a die hard Giants fan and like Majority of the fans here would probably still shake your hand because we root for NY.

tonyt830
03-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Thank you ignorant is saying our front office is garbage. I clearly expressed my opinion on Connor. I have seen enough of his game to speak my opinion. Not sure hy we keep band aiding the linebackers. I hope they prove me wrong and draft one high. So we can get over the Sintim project lol.you know what they say about opinions, right? LOL!! I am not happy with the Connor signing, but heck we are not the GM or owner--I do NOT envy NFL GMs, tough job, especially when your cap room is limited.

And bite your tongue mentioning Sintim, that word is taboo---LOL!! No, I think Reese will address LB in the draft--Connor is just a fill-in for Blackburn for the time being. Give him a chance to prove himself in the 1 yr deal, and maybe the drafted LB, is ready to take over in 2014 full-time. And who knows, maybe by the time final cuts come, Connor may not make the final 53---if someone else, draft pick or otherwise, steps up.

FBomb
03-16-2013, 06:22 PM
Ignorant isn't necessarily an insult if used in the right context.

As.....We do not work for the Giants. We are only fans znd are guessing. Every opinion we give is ignorant of actual facts. (some more than others :p)

I Bleed Blue 56
03-16-2013, 06:25 PM
Hey man, no need to get upset at him. He has opinion as do you. But he seems like the type of person that will bad mouth, call someone ignorant, if their opinion does not agree with his. But according to him, saying someone is ignorant, is not an insult, just like saying someone is lazy is not an insult---his words, not mine.

I think as fans, we should just see how it works out--maybe Connor surprises some of the doubters. My big concern with him is his durability. Personally I don't think he is a huge upgrade, but he does have youth on his side.

The front office has been trying to do the best they can with the limited cap space. Lets just hope Reese does a great job in the draft---I think LB will still be addressed in the draft. Connor is only a band-aid for now, a 1yr deal. Maybe the Giants wont draft a LB at 19, but I think we could see a LB in Rd 2 or 3. Maybe Arthur Brown or Kaseem Greene will be there in the 2nd rd. I roid raging just kidding I been on these message boards for years. I would check these boards while serving in iraq. I got nothing but lovey fellow Giants fans and like I said if this man met me he would understand my love for the Giants.

ELIte4MVP
03-16-2013, 06:25 PM

As.....We do not work for the Giants. We are only fans znd are guessing. Every opinion we give is ignorant of actual facts. (some more than others :p)

This makes way too much sense

TheEnigma
03-16-2013, 06:26 PM
If you don't like Connor, I'd be crossing my fingers wishing Rivers a healthy season. We could always pray for Paysinger to magically appear out of nowhere and become a stud too.

tonyt830
03-16-2013, 06:27 PM
Don't twist my words. I didn't call any person ignorant. I called his comment ignorant. Not to mention that based off his comments, he's clearly too raged to take his opinion seriously.my apologies--you did say the comment was ignorant.

Lets just all try and hope for the best with the signing. Its not breaking the bank and its for 1 yr. He may stay healthy and produce in whatever capacity the Giants staff uses him. And if he underwhelms in camp, he could even get cut. I think FA and the cap has gotten some of us fans uptight, including me. We all can act like armchair GMs/owners at times. I look forward to the draft, the Giants try to build through the draft--they are not the Skins or some other teams that have a rep of spending big money in FA.

GentleGiant
03-16-2013, 06:29 PM
You are a bit uptight wow. Let me tell you something honestly. We are both Giants fans and if we stood at the bar watching the game we would never tell one another hey your ignorant for saying a players garbage. I know what his position is my friend.I also know he played mike and moved outside in the panthers defense because he wasnt that good holding the position down. He is average at best and like EVERYONE here we have opinions. You calling me ignorant is a joke to me and laughable. I am a die hard Giants fan and like Majority of the fans here would probably still shake your hand because we root for NY. I never called you ignorant. Icalled your comment ignorant. Clearly your opinion has changed since we've gone from garbage to average so that's irrelevant now. I consider chase to be below average so if Connor is average then that's an upgrade. And no I'm not uptight. If the draft wasn't happening and I didn't have something to look forward too then I'd be uptight. Peace. Clearly u love big blue. So support them whatever they do even if u hate it.

I Bleed Blue 56
03-16-2013, 06:29 PM

As.....We do not work for the Giants. We are only fans znd are guessing. Every opinion we give is ignorant of actual facts. (some more than others :p) Good one FBomb god i wish i could work for them. Ultimate dream job right there.

tonyt830
03-16-2013, 06:30 PM

As.....We do not work for the Giants. We are only fans znd are guessing. Every opinion we give is ignorant of actual facts. (some more than others :p)well said FBomb. Our opinions, the beat writers opinions and the so-called analysts---none of us know the facts. We all can make educated, or at least half-way educated guesses as to who may or may not fit in with the Giants.

I Bleed Blue 56
03-16-2013, 06:31 PM
I never called you ignorant. Icalled your comment ignorant. Clearly your opinion has changed since we've gone from garbage to average so that's irrelevant now. I consider chase to be below average so if Connor is average then that's an upgrade. And no I'm not uptight. If the draft wasn't happening and I didn't have something to look forward too then I'd be uptight. Peace. Your a funny guy all good man we shall see how he pans out.

TheEnigma
03-16-2013, 06:31 PM
my apologies--you did say the comment was ignorant.

Lets just all try and hope for the best with the signing. Its not breaking the bank and its for 1 yr. He may stay healthy and produce in whatever capacity the Giants staff uses him. And if he underwhelms in camp, he could even get cut. I think FA and the cap has gotten some of us fans uptight, including me. We all can act like armchair GMs/owners at times. I look forward to the draft, the Giants try to build through the draft--they are not the Skins or some other teams that have a rep of spending big money in FA.

Let's be honest: Most of us (including me) wanted Karlos Dansby to somehow become a Giant despite the cap situation and we're upset that it's looking like it won't happen. Dan Connor is just going to take the brunt of the heat because he "took" that roster spot lol. I'm keeping my expectations low for this one but he can't be much worse than Chase when it comes to defending the run.

tonyt830
03-16-2013, 06:32 PM
I roid raging just kidding I been on these message boards for years. I would check these boards while serving in iraq. I got nothing but lovey fellow Giants fans and like I said if this man met me he would understand my love for the Giants.thanks for your service to our great country.

I think all of us Giants fans want whats best for our team, but unfortunately a lot of us have different opinions from time to time. It all comes down to trusting our front office, scouts and coaching staff.

tonyt830
03-16-2013, 06:36 PM
Let's be honest: Most of us (including me) wanted Karlos Dansby to somehow become a Giant despite the cap situation and we're upset that it's looking like it won't happen. Dan Connor is just going to take the brunt of the heat because he "took" that roster spot lol. I'm keeping my expectations low for this one but he can't be much worse than Chase when it comes to defending the run.I hear ya, I was all aboard Dansby get signed by the Giants. But yes, with our cap situation, we just have to hope for the best and keep our expectations out of the clouds.

The only knock I have against Connor is his durability for the most part. And I will step up and eat my crow if he exceeds expectations and stays healthy. Its a tough time of year for us fans.

GentleGiant
03-16-2013, 06:38 PM
Let's be honest: Most of us (including me) wanted Karlos Dansby to somehow become a Giant despite the cap situation and we're upset that it's looking like it won't happen. Dan Connor is just going to take the brunt of the heat because he "took" that roster spot lol. I'm keeping my expectations low for this one but he can't be much worse than Chase when it comes to defending the run. I personally could care less about FA LBs cause I'm looking for ogletree to be number 1.

FBomb
03-16-2013, 06:39 PM
I personally could care less about FA LBs cause I'm looking for ogletree to be number 1.

Me too....but what do I know....I'm ignorant!!!

TennisMenace
03-16-2013, 06:41 PM
Horrible in Dallas. Not good in the 3-4 is the excuse being sent out.
Always injured and not very quick. Sounds like a Giant LB to me.

tonyt830
03-16-2013, 06:44 PM
I personally could care less about FA LBs cause I'm looking for ogletree to be number 1.Ahh, don't know about Ogletree. he has a lot of physical tools. But I think him getting in trouble 3 times in college, may raise some red flags with Reese drafting him in the 1st rd. Just my guess.

TheEnigma
03-16-2013, 06:44 PM
I personally could care less about FA LBs cause I'm looking for ogletree to be number 1.

He's certainly an intriguing prospect but I think we can do better on the defensive side of the ball at a more important position for the long-term. Some very good pass rushers, defensive tackles, and defensive backs that can fall at 19 and all it takes is a QB reach or two.

nycsportzfan
03-16-2013, 06:50 PM
He's certainly an intriguing prospect but I think we can do better on the defensive side of the ball at a more important position for the long-term. Some very good pass rushers, defensive tackles, and defensive backs that can fall at 19 and all it takes is a QB reach or two. Ya but at least we got JPP, TUCK, KIWI, JENKINS, and JOSEPH on the DLINE.. The LB core consists of Jaquain Williams a former 6th rd pick whos only flashed, as are best upside future LB type..

Flip Empty
03-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Meyers would be a great signing. In fact, I think he brings more to our offense than Bennett did.

What makes you say that? For one, he isn't a good blocker.

Also, a lot of Myers' production (and in turn, Carson Palmer's) seemed to come in garbage time when the Raiders were already beat and their opponent was sagging off. Who knows how he'd fair as the starter on an NFL-caliber team.

TheEnigma
03-16-2013, 06:55 PM
Ya but at least we got JPP, TUCK, KIWI, JENKINS, and JOSEPH on the DLINE.. The LB core consists of Jaquain Williams a former 6th rd pick whos only flashed, as are best upside future LB type..

Eh, only JPP and Joseph really stand out on that Dline in terms of the big picture. Tuck and Jenkins are entering the twilight and Kiwi is average at best if you ask me. Linebacker help is needed but not to the point we should ignore all else and just take whoever is there.

I Bleed Blue 56
03-16-2013, 06:57 PM
Ahh, don't know about Ogletree. he has a lot of physical tools. But I think him getting in trouble 3 times in college, may raise some red flags with Reese drafting him in the 1st rd. Just my guess. You know I would Love Olgretree to be on our team. If he gets red flags for college than that suvks. Look at Vontez Burfict he was loved on these boards last year we didnt even bring him in. Look how his career as a rookie came out. He looks amazing against the run and will only get better. Ogletree just doesnt come off as bad as others to me. I just hope we dont draft a DE,CB, or DT. We need online and linebackers in the first few rounds.

I Bleed Blue 56
03-16-2013, 07:00 PM
He's certainly an intriguing prospect but I think we can do better on the defensive side of the ball at a more important position for the long-term. Some very good pass rushers, defensive tackles, and defensive backs that can fall at 19 and all it takes is a QB reach or two. Man i just looked at your mock and I would lose my mind if thats how we drafted. That is by far the least of our worries. Right now we have no Starting guard or RT and no starting MLB. or TE. If your mock came true i would easily lose my s**t.

GentleGiant
03-16-2013, 07:02 PM
Ahh, don't know about Ogletree. he has a lot of physical tools. But I think him getting in trouble 3 times in college, may raise some red flags with Reese drafting him in the 1st rd. Just my guess. I get that. Personally I'd rather an OT in the 1st round cause it seems like all it takes is 1 player for the o line to return to greatness. I just feel like we WILL get some for D.

tonyt830
03-16-2013, 07:02 PM
You know I would Love Olgretree to be on our team. If he gets red flags for college than that suvks. Look at Vontez Burfict he was loved on these boards last year we didnt even bring him in. Look how his career as a rookie came out. He looks amazing against the run and will only get better. Ogletree just doesnt come off as bad as others to me. I just hope we dont draft a DE,CB, or DT. We need online and linebackers in the first few rounds.I disagree with not wanting a CB early. Webster is a FA next season, and Ross was signed to a 1yr deal. Hosley appears to be a slot CB. So if the Giants were able to get a good CB in rd 1 or 2, Im all for it. The same goes for DT, Jenkins is 32, and a temp fix, as is Rogers. So I am all for a DT in the draft as well.

And depending what happens with Boothe and/or Diehl, I would be ok with the O-line being addressed too. But it all comes down to who is on Reese's big board come the 19th slot in rd 1.

Edit: And by the way, Burfict turned out ok in his rookie year. But he dropped in the draft boards not because of his character or being uncoachable, his numbers dropped in his final season from the prior seasons.

TCHOF
03-16-2013, 07:04 PM
If Connor plays MLB, the only MLB in the NFL worse than him would be Herzlich. So, yes he is an upgrade . . . .

GentleGiant
03-16-2013, 07:04 PM
Me too....but what do I know....I'm ignorant!!! Lol. We all are.

TheEnigma
03-16-2013, 07:06 PM
Man i just looked at your mock and I would lose my mind if thats how we drafted. That is by far the least of our worries. Right now we have no Starting guard or RT and no starting MLB. or TE. If your mock came true i would easily lose my s**t.

It's quite an outdated mock but I'm waiting until a few days before the draft to redo it. Anyway, the Giants rarely ever draft for immediate needs so that was taken in considerdation. Just look at the last 1st rounders and how valuable they were heading into the 2nd season. Be honest though, have you watched any tape on the guys in my mock?

TCHOF
03-16-2013, 07:06 PM
You know I would Love Olgretree to be on our team. If he gets red flags for college than that suvks. Look at Vontez Burfict he was loved on these boards last year we didnt even bring him in. Look how his career as a rookie came out. He looks amazing against the run and will only get better. Ogletree just doesnt come off as bad as others to me. I just hope we dont draft a DE,CB, or DT. We need online and linebackers in the first few rounds.

Not a single team was willing to risk a draft pick on Burfict, and he did end up panning out (for year one). So because Burfict ended up panning out as an undrafted FA, you think that means that we should draft a guy with serious character concerns in ROUND 1?? Please explain how that makes any sense.

tonyt830
03-16-2013, 07:10 PM
I get that. Personally I'd rather an OT in the 1st round cause it seems like all it takes is 1 player for the o line to return to greatness. I just feel like we WILL get some for D.If we get that O-line sured up, it will not only benefit Eli, but our run game as well. Our O-line did not let Eli get sacked a bunch last season, but he was under a lot of pressure and rushed many throws, a reason why his numbers dropped from 2011.

Im all for a top O-linemen in the 1st rd---I like Lane Johnson and Cooper early. But it all depends who Reese has on his big board at 19. If not in the 1st rd, I think O-line will be addressed somewhere in the draft. Snee is not getting any younger and come off surgery, Diehl, well is on the downside of his career, and who knows if Boothe is re-signed. Plus who is our RT as of now Brewer? Locklear(healthy)? Mosely? Mccants? Ad****?

So there are definitely some question marks/concerns.

TheEnigma
03-16-2013, 07:11 PM
People were screaming for Burfict last year for our 1st rounder but it's a good thing we didn't because he wasn't even drafted. It would have been a huge reach looking back at it now. He probably needed to go undrafted anyway so he would be motivated.

I Bleed Blue 56
03-16-2013, 07:34 PM
People were screaming for Burfict last year for our 1st rounder but it's a good thing we didn't because he wasn't even drafted. It would have been a huge reach looking back at it now. He probably needed to go undrafted anyway so he would be motivated. Nah thank god we didnt draft him first I love the Wilson pick minus him crying man the f up lol. Burfict though did have character issues giving up on plays walking off in practices. Camt speak on his legality issues. I am not going to lie was surprised we didnt at least bring him in. I do get jealous whem i see him play cuz i look at it like man we should of at least gambled a 7th on him. Hell i cant remember who our 7th was last year. Not sure if it was Kuhn or not either way. Ogletree is a gamble but hell what college player aint in the first round. I remember Seattle picking Aaron Curry early and the so callef experts swore he was the best all around selection. That turned out great for them. Man the draft is a crap shoot you get your JPP's than you get your Ron Daynes. Who knows.

I Bleed Blue 56
03-16-2013, 07:41 PM
I disagree with not wanting a CB early. Webster is a FA next season, and Ross was signed to a 1yr deal. Hosley appears to be a slot CB. So if the Giants were able to get a good CB in rd 1 or 2, Im all for it. The same goes for DT, Jenkins is 32, and a temp fix, as is Rogers. So I am all for a DT in the draft as well.

And depending what happens with Boothe and/or Diehl, I would be ok with the O-line being addressed too. But it all comes down to who is on Reese's big board come the 19th slot in rd 1.

Edit: And by the way, Burfict turned out ok in his rookie year. But he dropped in the draft boards not because of his character or being uncoachable, his numbers dropped in his final season from the prior seasons. Tony I agree to disagree if we get a CB early where in the hell is he going to play. We picked up TT and Ross and webster stayed for another year we are not goinf to move prince or hosley. So it would be a wasted pick. Now if we didnt pick up Ross than I can see us getting a corner but getting those guys back makes 0 sense drafting a cb early.

TCHOF
03-16-2013, 07:43 PM
Tony I agree to disagree if we get a CB early where in the hell is he going to play. We picked up TT and Ross and webster stayed for another year we are not goinf to move prince or hosley. So it would be a wasted pick. Now if we didnt pick up Ross than I can see us getting a corner but getting those guys back makes 0 sense drafting a cb early.

Our team drafts with more than just the next year in mind.

No way that the FO would decide not to draft a corner because we have Ross, TT and Webster on the team next year.

I Bleed Blue 56
03-16-2013, 07:44 PM
Not a single team was willing to risk a draft pick on Burfict, and he did end up panning out (for year one). So because Burfict ended up panning out as an undrafted FA, you think that means that we should draft a guy with serious character concerns in ROUND 1?? Please explain how that makes any sense.
I said we should have brought him in for a look it never hurts. He completely exceeded expectations for the Bengals.
Hell or draft him im the 7th majority of players besides Bradshaw makes our team being the 7th round selection.

Die-Hard
03-16-2013, 07:49 PM
If he starts anywhere he is a downgrade.Games I watched with him playing I wasnt impressed at all. Yes I do think Blackburn is better

Blackburn is better? Ok. If thats what you believe, then thats fine. It may be close, but Connor has shown more athleticism without a doubt. Chase has a ton of heart, and I really like him, but thinking that hes a huge loss and that hes head and shoulders above Connor is pretty weak.

miked1958
03-16-2013, 08:48 PM
Well I thought with teams like the skins, panthers and Hawks using read option we were cutting dead wood and trying to go with youth and speed to counter that type of attack. We looked flat out slow last season trying to defend RG those two games.. We contained newton pretty good. But we certainly don't want to get slower in the middle. Dallas's slow lbs were one of the reason we liked playing them

GreenZone
03-16-2013, 08:54 PM
Since the Giants have something like 15 free agents lost positions to fill, of which some will be fill this way, what guarantee is there that Connor will even be a starter, let alone on the final 47 man roster?

But, the bonus value is the same reason the Cowboys wanted Blackburn, for the insider knowledge of the opponent. So, not a bad signing. And we don't even know the terms yet.

TCHOF
03-16-2013, 08:56 PM
I said we should have brought him in for a look it never hurts. He completely exceeded expectations for the Bengals.
Hell or draft him im the 7th majority of players besides Bradshaw makes our team being the 7th round selection.

You were advocating us selecting Ogeltree in the first by pointing out that Burfict worked out as an undrafted FA with the Bengals. IMHO this makes no sense.

TCHOF
03-16-2013, 08:58 PM
Since the Giants have something like 15 free agents lost positions to fill, of which some will be fill this way, what guarantee is there that Connor will even be a starter, let alone on the final 47 man roster?

But, the bonus value is the same reason the Cowboys wanted Blackburn, for the insider knowledge of the opponent. So, not a bad signing. And we don't even know the terms yet.

The Giants don't already know what the Cowboys do on defense? And didn't the Cowboys hire a new DC?

I find it impossible to believe that the Giants signed Connor to get insider info on the Cowboys.

Laurah1275
03-16-2013, 08:58 PM
Signed Dan Connor?.......wonder how Roseanne feels about this. :)

Redeyejedi
03-16-2013, 09:29 PM
Let's be honest: Most of us (including me) wanted Karlos Dansby to somehow become a Giant despite the cap situation and we're upset that it's looking like it won't happen. Dan Connor is just going to take the brunt of the heat because he "took" that roster spot lol. I'm keeping my expectations low for this one but he can't be much worse than Chase when it comes to defending the run.That may be true but he will make less game changing plays im sure. They are just replacing 1 limited player with another limited player.I just hope he isnt a starter or if he is he gets glued to the bench most of the time because they are in the nickel

Redeyejedi
03-16-2013, 09:31 PM
Blackburn is better? Ok. If thats what you believe, then thats fine. It may be close, but Connor has shown more athleticism without a doubt. Chase has a ton of heart, and I really like him, but thinking that hes a huge loss and that hes head and shoulders above Connor is pretty weak. When did I say he is a huge loss , I didnt say that at all, all I said was he was better not head and shoulders better. All the Giants did 1 was take 1 player who wasnt very good and replaced him with a younger player who isnt very good that is injury prone

ELI_HOF_NYG
03-16-2013, 09:31 PM
That may be true but he will make less game changing plays im sure. They are just replacing 1 limited player with another limited player.I just hope he isnt a starter or if he is he gets glued to the bench most of the time because they are in the nickel we are damned if we do damned if we don't. we need a thumper on the inside and 2 athletic LB's on the outside who can tackle and cover. is that too much to ask for?

nycsportzfan
03-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Eh, only JPP and Joseph really stand out on that Dline in terms of the big picture. Tuck and Jenkins are entering the twilight and Kiwi is average at best if you ask me. Linebacker help is needed but not to the point we should ignore all else and just take whoever is there. U can easily change ur fortunes at a positon in a yrs time these days, so having guys like Jenkins and Tuck still, is fine, and Jenkins could easily be around for at least 2of the 3yrs on his contract.. The LB core is downright in need of at least one legit prospect/player that can be a game changer/diffrence maker, and make teams game plan at least alittle..

mrg3
03-16-2013, 11:47 PM
Loved him at Penn Sate. Actually wanted Giants to draft him,But what has he done in NFL? No upgrade over Chase. Murphy (Gator) good Pickup, Not too up on Myers but sounds good. Need to sign Boothe.

experto
03-16-2013, 11:50 PM
Love Conner signing.