PDA

View Full Version : Reese is Doing A Good Job So Far With Free Agency

NYGiantsFan56
03-16-2013, 04:15 PM
IMO I think Jerry Reese is doing a very good job adding to our team during free agency. Yes he did not sign any big names which he cannot due to salary cap restrictions, but he is getting good solid people to strengthen our team.

1. Dan Connor is definitely an upgrade over Chase Blackburn
2. Louis Murphy is a very adequate replacement for Hixon and Barden
3. Josh Brown will more than be adequate in replacing Tynes
4. Cullen Jernkins is a far better player than Canty
5. Mundy and Ross take the sting out of losing Phillips who is hurt
6. If we sign Brandon Myers he will prove to be better than Bennett

Hey are these the top guys available? Probably not, but like I said with our cap situation Reese got some real good talent that will improve this team. All he has to do now is resign Boothe and get Cruz to take their offer and we are done until the draft. I can honestly say he has done far better job than Philly, Dallas and Washington in improving the team.

NYGiantsFan56
03-16-2013, 04:21 PM
If T2 is healthy that will be a bonus. my only complaint is Diehl. Cut him or his pay!!!!

GiantsFootball1
03-16-2013, 04:24 PM
If T2 is healthy that will be a bonus. my only complaint is Diehl. Cut him or his pay!!!!. Diehl already got his pay reduced

NYGiantsFan56
03-16-2013, 04:26 PM
. Diehl already got his pay reduced
Ok. Forgot

mikeq6722
03-16-2013, 04:35 PM
Brandon Myers is only better than Bennett if youre playing fantasy football.

NYGiantsFan56
03-16-2013, 04:48 PM
That makes no sense. More catches and just as many TD's than Bennett. Played with a horrible Carson Palmer. The sky is the limit with this guy with Eli at the helm. Admit blocking not as good but Mike Pope will fix that. If not then thats why we got Bear Pascoe who is an excellent Blocking TE.

jomo
03-16-2013, 05:06 PM
JR doesn't sign big names with very few exceptions like Rolle. His M.O. in free agency is fill holes in the roster with under the radar guys. In that regard he is following his play book to a tee. What we need is a big draft that reloads our OL and adds depth at DL and LB. Wouldn't mind finding a starter at LB in the draft either.

tonyt830
03-16-2013, 05:57 PM
. Diehl already got his pay reducedI think he has agreed to reduce his pay, but nothing has been signed yet, last I heard. Maybe I missed something since this morning. Do you have a link to an article where his salary has been reduced?

tonyt830
03-16-2013, 06:00 PM
IMO I think Jerry Reese is doing a very good job adding to our team during free agency. Yes he did not sign any big names which he cannot due to salary cap restrictions, but he is getting good solid people to strengthen our team.

1. Dan Connor is definitely an upgrade over Chase Blackburn
2. Louis Murphy is a very adequate replacement for Hixon and Barden
3. Josh Brown will more than be adequate in replacing Tynes
4. Cullen Jernkins is a far better player than Canty
5. Mundy and Ross take the sting out of losing Phillips who is hurt
6. If we sign Brandon Myers he will prove to be better than Bennett

Hey are these the top guys available? Probably not, but like I said with our cap situation Reese got some real good talent that will improve this team. All he has to do now is resign Boothe and get Cruz to take their offer and we are done until the draft. I can honestly say he has done far better job than Philly, Dallas and Washington in improving the team.I would say Reese has done as good of a job as he can, considering the limited cap space the Giants went into free agency with.

I'm ok with most of the signings, not a big fan of the Connor signing. But heck, its only a 1 yr deal. Maybe he will stay healthy and prove me wrong.

Greatone80
03-16-2013, 06:25 PM
I still wouldve like the gmen to kept blackburn.I was kinda shocked seeing they re-signed rivers but not blackburn.That pick we have in the first round will be very interesting. Im glad ross is back,always liked him over webster.Philips i was surrpised would go to eagles,thought he would take a cut and stay.I still think they will bring back bradshaw in june.

egyptian420
03-16-2013, 06:35 PM
I still wouldve like the gmen to kept blackburn.I was kinda shocked seeing they re-signed rivers but not blackburn.That pick we have in the first round will be very interesting. Im glad ross is back,always liked him over webster.Philips i was surrpised would go to eagles,thought he would take a cut and stay.I still think they will bring back bradshaw in june.You've "always" liked Ross over Webster?

I couldn't disagree more. I've NEVER liked him more than Webster. Last year is probably the only year where you could even try to make that argument.

TennisMenace
03-16-2013, 06:50 PM
. Diehl already got his pay reduced

That comment was rebutted last night. Are you sure about this?

Cloud57
03-16-2013, 06:52 PM
it seems Reese is desperate to fill all these holes that he'll sign anyone, but with this limited cap space he's only able to sign scubs.

TennisMenace
03-16-2013, 06:55 PM
it seems Reese is desperate to fill all these holes that he'll sign anyone, but with this limited cap space he's only able to sign scubs.

Actually, it is safer this way to give guys one year deals. It's an incentive for them to play harder and in case they stink or get injured, it's no big deal.

egyptian420
03-16-2013, 07:01 PM
it seems Reese is desperate to fill all these holes that he'll sign anyone, but with this limited cap space he's only able to sign scubs.Don't be so harsh on them....I bet lots of people thought Stevie Brown was a scrub when we signed him. Boy did he ever help us out last year. Same thing with Bennett and many of our signings. Patience my friend....

NYGiantsFan56
03-16-2013, 07:03 PM
That's not Reese's MO. I think he did a fine job with the resources he had. Can't bankrupt the future with these restructures so he can the win the "Free Agency SuperBowl". There is no guarantee that all those big name signing by other teams is going to translate into anything. We have a good solid team. We just have certain position weaknesses and back up shortfalls. These free agency signings will help. Then comes the Draft and UDFA signings. Your wrong about Reese. He is not desperate to sign anyone. He is smart. Miami, KC, Cleveland, Tampa and the others can sign all the "big names" they want. They ain't winning crap this year. Take that to the bank

egyptian420
03-16-2013, 07:06 PM
That's not Reese's MO. I think he did a fine job with the resources he had. Can't bankrupt the future with these restructures so he can the win the "Free Agency SuperBowl". There is no guarantee that all those big name signing by other teams is going to translate into anything. We have a good solid team. We just have certain position weaknesses and back up shortfalls. These free agency signings will help. Then comes the Draft and UDFA signings. Your wrong about Reese. He is not desperate to sign anyone. He is smart. Miami, KC, Cleveland, Tampa and the others can sign all the "big names" they want. They ain't winning crap this year. Take that to the bank+10000

I'm actually surprised he was able to sign the players that we did get considering how broke we are. How he was able to get Jenkins is beyond me.

NYGiantsFan56
03-16-2013, 07:06 PM
IMO JERRY REESE IS ONE OF THE BEST, IF NOT THE BEST GM IN THE BUSINESS. IM VERY SATISFIED WITH PLAN. GUYS GOT TO GIVE HIM A BREAK. HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING.

NYGiantsFan56
03-16-2013, 07:08 PM
+10000

I'm actually surprised he was able to sign the players that we did get considering how broke we are. How he was able to get Jenkins is beyond me.
That's why he is the best. Players know who the good teams are. They want to play with the chance to win. Reese gives everyone a fair shake. Look at OSI. Reese was right about him. Should have stayed. Nobody is going to him big $$$$.

TCHOF
03-16-2013, 07:10 PM

Bennett was signed by the Bears to a 4 year $20M deal. He will not make it to year 3 of that deal. Mark it down.

NYGiantsFan56
03-16-2013, 07:10 PM
That's why he is the best. Players know who the good teams are. They want to play with the chance to win. Reese gives everyone a fair shake. Look at OSI. Reese was right about him. Should have stayed. Nobody is going to him big $$$$.
Jenkins is way better than Canty ever was hands down. Connors will also prove to be better than Blackburn. Louis Murphy will shine with ELI. Kudo's to Reese.

NYGiantsFan56
03-16-2013, 07:12 PM
Bennett was signed by the Bears to a 4 year $20M deal. He will not make it to year 3 of that deal. Mark it down.
Bennett was over paid. Hey Reese is no sucker. You are 1000% correct. He will never see the full value of that contract. Should have stayed here.

Medisleman
03-16-2013, 09:39 PM
The goal is to upgrade positions, not sign big names. If these players are even just slightly better than those in their positions last year (which I think they are), then Reese has done his job. Upgraded team. Don't worry, Gmen are the team to beat in the NFC east next year! (I don't want to hear about Washington, RGIII knee's are FU'D!!!!!!)