PDA

View Full Version : If we get Myers...

egyptian420
03-16-2013, 06:25 PM
I can almost guarantee our first overall pick will be OL, DE, or CB.

As much as many of you will hate this, I doubt we take a LB in the first round. One reason is the Connor signing, another is that we never draft LB's in the first round anyways. We usually don't draft OL either so I'm thinking DE or CB.

Personally, I'm loving this Xavier Rhodes kid, the more I watch him the more I feel like he's better than Milliner. It would be awesome if he was still available at 19. What are your thoughts?

brad
03-16-2013, 06:35 PM
I think the Giants will do what they always do and go with the best player available, not a particular position. Who that ends up being depends on what other teams do. That is kind of a cop-out I guess... but with the Giants you can never predict who they will draft.

egyptian420
03-16-2013, 06:38 PM
I think the Giants will do what they always do and go with the best player available, not a particular position. Who that ends up being depends on what other teams do. That is kind of a cop-out I guess... but with the Giants you can never predict who they will draft.That is true to a certain extent. But there are some positions like QB, RB that you just know we won't draft in the first. Also positions like WR and TE (especially if we sign Myers) would be unlikely in the first.

But all that aside, nothing surprises me from Reese. I just have a hunch the BPA we take will be in one of those positions.

gabriel_1
03-16-2013, 06:45 PM
If we do get Myers I don't think we bring back Boothe, therefore in the first round we will either pick. CB,OG,LB or DE. I think LB is still an option, because Connor and Rivers are injury prones, and we can't really rely on them.

Some Options:

Xavier Rhodes, CB Florida State
Jonathan Cooper, OG/C South Carolina
Alec Ogletree, ILB Georgia
Desmond Trufant, CB Washington
Damontre Moore, DE Texas A&M
Bjorn Warner, DE Florida State
D.J. Flucker, OT Alabama

gabriel_1
03-16-2013, 06:47 PM
That is true to a certain extent. But there are some positions like QB, RB that you just know we won't draft in the first. Also positions like WR and TE (especially if we sign Myers) would be unlikely in the first.

But all that aside, nothing surprises me from Reese. I just have a hunch the BPA we take will be in one of those positions.

Not TE is worthy of the #19 pick in this draft. You could make the case for Eifert, but I don't think he is worth.

TennisMenace
03-16-2013, 06:48 PM
We seem to be signing guys for minimum one year deals, so I don't think Myers will sign for that, especially after the year he had with I believe 87 catches.

ELI_HOF_NYG
03-16-2013, 06:50 PM
even if we don't I can guarantee that it still wont be a tight end in the 1st. you will see your TE in the 4th round on if someone appeals to Jerry.

Flip Empty
03-16-2013, 06:55 PM
deals, so I don't think Myers will sign for that, especially after the year he had with I believe 87 catches.
79 catches, 809 yards. Bennett finished with 55/626. Lower catch rate, though.

ThatNiCcA56
03-16-2013, 06:55 PM
I hope we go with Werner in the first round. With him and JPP on the other side that'll fix our secondary problems

TennisMenace
03-16-2013, 06:57 PM
79 catches, 809 yards. Bennett finished with 55/626. Lower catch rate, though.

I'd be surprised there isn't one team out there willing to give Myers a 3 yr deal, but if there isn't, we may luck out with our one year deal, but I doubt it would be under 3 million.

egyptian420
03-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Not TE is worthy of the #19 pick in this draft. You could make the case for Eifert, but I don't think he is worth.This and the fact that we usually don't go TE in the first. They were pretty high on Robinson (although that could be a bunch of politically correct BS from Reese), we got Pascoe, and then possibly Myers. I think that would almost guarantee we don't go TE in the first.

You have some very interesting guys that I'd love to draft in the first. Rhodes, Warner, and Damontre Moore are my favorites from that list. I'd like Ogeltree too but I've given up on thinking we'll draft a LB in the first....too many times my hopes have been shattered on draft day for me to still be wishing for this.

TCHOF
03-16-2013, 07:13 PM
We're not taking a LB in the first round, and it has nothing to do with Dan Connor. No LB who might be there is worthy of the 19th pick

TheEnigma
03-16-2013, 07:15 PM
We're not taking a LB in the first round, and it has nothing to do with Dan Connor. No LB who might be there is worthy of the 19th pick

Outside of Mingo playing OLB against the read option, that's how I see it too. I guess getting someone like Ogletree would be fine if we also traded back and received more selections but we'll be in a good spot to get a DL for the draft.

NYGiantsFan56
03-16-2013, 07:15 PM
Your right about that. There is no linebacker worthy as our 19th pick.

danme
03-16-2013, 07:30 PM
I really hope we Go MLB with our first pick. We need a Run Stuffing MLB and have needed one for many years. Let the Tackles play pick and rush the passer and let the MLB Stuff up the middle. Our run defense is horrible and a Good MLB will solve a lot of that problem. Offenses have ran the ball with a lot of good success right through the heart of our defense. The only way to stop that is with a MLB who can shed blocks, get off the ball quickly, and can read offenses especially in running situations

Peace
Dan

TCHOF
03-16-2013, 07:41 PM
I really hope we Go MLB with our first pick. We need a Run Stuffing MLB and have needed one for many years. Let the Tackles play pick and rush the passer and let the MLB Stuff up the middle. Our run defense is horrible and a Good MLB will solve a lot of that problem. Offenses have ran the ball with a lot of good success right through the heart of our defense. The only way to stop that is with a MLB who can shed blocks, get off the ball quickly, and can read offenses especially in running situations

Peace
Dan

What MLB do you want us to take at 19?

giantsfan420
03-16-2013, 08:10 PM
cooper/warmack/johnson...1 of those will drop guarantee. and thatll be the pick.

also, his names on the tip of my tongue, but its another 'bama OL that is more a 2nd/3rd round pick. barret jones or something? hes played all 5 OL positions. he'd be an awesome selection too. i hope 2 of the first 3 picks are OL...a OT for the RT and an OG...

giantsfan420
03-16-2013, 08:12 PM

Peace
Danonce an OL gets their hands on ogeltree, he becomes useless which is why hes better suited for weak side LB, which we have in jwill...no other real prospect which is a bummer. last draft, all the talk was how this class would solve our lb woes bc there are so many great ones...nope...

Morehead State
03-16-2013, 08:12 PM
I can almost guarantee our first overall pick will be OL, DE, or CB.

As much as many of you will hate this, I doubt we take a LB in the first round. One reason is the Connor signing, another is that we never draft LB's in the first round anyways. We usually don't draft OL either so I'm thinking DE or CB.

Personally, I'm loving this Xavier Rhodes kid, the more I watch him the more I feel like he's better than Milliner. It would be awesome if he was still available at 19. What are your thoughts?
If we sign Myers I can guarantee that our first pick will be O line.........Period!

giantsfan420
03-16-2013, 08:13 PM
j.jones has the explosiveness and game to play MLB imo...he'd be a possible selection...

Morehead State
03-16-2013, 08:18 PM
I think the Giants will do what they always do and go with the best player available, not a particular position. Who that ends up being depends on what other teams do. That is kind of a cop-out I guess... but with the Giants you can never predict who they will draft.
JR has a reputation for going BPA, but he often drafts to need...especially in the first round.
Ross, KP, Nicks and Wilson were all need picks.
JPP and Prince were more BPA.

Don't kid yourself, it has to be O line in the first. It really does.

Laurah1275
03-16-2013, 08:29 PM
If we get Myers, we'll be killin' all over the place.....hahaha....get it?

Flip Empty
03-16-2013, 08:33 PM
Don't kid yourself, it has to be O line in the first. It really does.
It's the only need they've ignored so it does appear to be setting up for it. Only thing is, this team's first-round selections are rarely what fans have been expecting.

Morehead State
03-16-2013, 08:36 PM
It's the only need they've ignored so it does appear to be setting up for it. Only thing is, this team's first-round selections are rarely what fans have been expecting.
Not really sure that's true at all.
We all knew in 07 that JR was going to the best corner available. And everyone knew KP was the pick in 08. WE all also knew that either Nicks or Britt was going to be the pick in 09. Prince dropped so much in '11 that most of us knew it when he dropped to us.
I think if all the O linemen are gone that are on our list, we will go Fluker.

LayLow
03-16-2013, 08:38 PM
OL or DL.

TheEnigma
03-16-2013, 08:39 PM
We all knew in 07 that JR was going to the best corner available. And everyone knew KP was the pick in 08. WE all also knew that either Nicks or Britt was going to be the pick in 09. Prince dropped so much in '11 that most of us knew it when he dropped to us.

I'll have to remove myself from the board if we take Fluker. I haven't been impressed with him once when I have watched him on tape. Great run blocker but...that's it. Way too slow to play T.

blueribbon
03-16-2013, 08:39 PM
J.R. loves his DE's.

Flip Empty
03-16-2013, 09:04 PM
Hmm, I guess you're right. Wilson and JPP were the only real surprises.

idiotekniQues
03-16-2013, 09:12 PM
well we got myers, as per @MikeGarafolo: TE Brandon Myers has agreed to sign with the Giants.

Morehead State
03-16-2013, 09:14 PM
Hmm, I guess you're right. Wilson and JPP were the only real surprises.
Well if you remember last draft, Good 'Ol Morehead predicted the Wilson pick several days before the draft.
I would say that Wilson was a need pick. Prince really wasn't. that was a BPA that dropped in our laps.

TCHOF
03-16-2013, 09:23 PM
Well if you remember last draft, Good 'Ol Morehead predicted the Wilson pick several days before the draft.
I would say that Wilson was a need pick. Prince really wasn't. that was a BPA that dropped in our laps.

Nice prediction! I actually didn't see that one coming.