PDA

View Full Version : One word...."toughness"

glennss678
03-16-2013, 05:39 PM
I believe the free agent additions bring an attitude of toughness to a talented defense. You can point at the weaknesses on the back seven or at D-tackle,
but this team last year was plan soft. Every one from Perry Fewell to to Tom Coughlin to Jerry Reese to the average fan, knew this team was "soft." They were punched in the mouth by inferior teams. The run defense parted waves like the Red Sea. Jenkins and Conner are both thumpers. They will put their
bodies on the line and inflict pain. Ask Wilson what type of "toughness" Jenkins brings to the Giant?

The Giants are not the have-not they are the haves. If somebody would have manned-up last year, we would be discussing the Giants in terms of dynasties
We have the superstars on both sides of the ball. Now, we are picking up the guys that have a blue collar, lunch pail attitude. I am excited about the
additions and also the addition by subtraction. The "matador" aka "run my way" aka "prince umenyiora"

TennisMenace
03-16-2013, 05:43 PM
Mundy fits that label too, but I'm not sure how much he will play.

BigBlueAllDay
03-16-2013, 06:02 PM
If "toughness" can end the second half collapses, I'll drink to that as well. :cool:

GentleGiant
03-16-2013, 06:10 PM
Pro football weekly talked about us as a dynasty. Point is if we win more we are a dynasty. Doesn't how many games u won when u won it all. But I do agree on the toughness point of view.

nhpgiantsfan
03-16-2013, 06:24 PM
Pro football weekly talked about us as a dynasty. Point is if we win more we are a dynasty. Doesn't how many games u won when u won it all. But I do agree on the toughness point of view.

We are nothing close to a dynasty.

TheEnigma
03-16-2013, 06:25 PM
Mundy fits that label too, but I'm not sure how much he will play.

Agreed. I think he is just going to be a depth guy ala Tyler Sash. He's played so poorly that he might not even make it through camp.

GentleGiant
03-16-2013, 06:30 PM
We are nothing close to a dynasty.. Nfl Dynasty equals 3 to 4 rings in less than ten yr. We got 2.

danme
03-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Dynasty -- Not even close -- If we can a couple more SB's in say the next 4 years than maybe a Dynasty. Chances of winning 2 SB's over 4 years again is pretty much asking for the impossible

Peace
dan

GentleGiant
03-16-2013, 06:35 PM
Dynasty -- Not even close -- If we can a couple more SB's in say the next 4 years than maybe a Dynasty. Chances of winning 2 SB's over 4 years again is pretty much asking for the impossiblePeacedan Doesn't have to be 2. Can be 1. That's why the cowboys and pats are considered dynasties.

nhpgiantsfan
03-16-2013, 06:41 PM
Doesn't have to be 2. Can be 1. That's why the cowboys and pats are considered dynasties.

They were both 3 in 4 years. That is a dynasty. We are not.. We are a decent team, that got hot at the right time twice..

GentleGiant
03-16-2013, 06:45 PM
They were both 3 in 4 years. That is a dynasty. We are not.. We are a decent team, that got hot at the right time twice.. Every team that's won the SB got hot at the right time. 2 of the steelers 70s teams each only had 10 wins. JPP, Eli , Cruz, nicks, strahan, Tuck, osi. In their prime they were much more than decent. Also it doesn't matter how few they won them. As long as it was between 10 yr.

nhpgiantsfan
03-16-2013, 08:51 PM
Every team that's won the SB got hot at the right time. 2 of the steelers 70s teams each only had 10 wins. JPP, Eli , Cruz, nicks, strahan, Tuck, osi. In their prime they were much more than decent. Also it doesn't matter how few they won them. As long as it was between 10 yr.

"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells. The players you mentioned are more than decent but the record that the 2007 & 2011 teams recorded was simply decent..

mikeq6722
03-16-2013, 08:55 PM
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells. The players you mentioned are more than decent but the record that the 2007 & 2011 teams recorded was simply decent..

Ill take a 13-7 season and a superbowl ring every year, since thats decent.

nhpgiantsfan
03-16-2013, 08:58 PM
Ill take a 13-7 season and a superbowl ring every year, since thats decent.

I totally agree the championship is the only thing that matters but I was speaking about the regular season and the fact that we really aren't in the middle of a dynasty

GentleGiant
03-16-2013, 08:59 PM
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells. The players you mentioned are more than decent but the record that the 2007 & 2011 teams recorded was simply decent.. If your record says you won the super bowl then I'm fine with that. And you cant compare records to SB wins. The packers have had a streak of great season records but only 1 ring. Obviously the packers aren't a dynasty. Point is Parcells wasn't just talking about W/L ratio. A record can say SB wins too. Dynasty doesn't mean records. Dynasty doesn't even need to mean dominance. The pats and 9ers were underdogs at the start of their runs. If you won the SB, then you beat everyone. The giants beating the 15-1 packers in 2011 means they beat a team worth 15 wins. That makes dynasties. Dynasties mean rings.

Redeyejedi
03-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Dynasty -- Not even close -- If we can a couple more SB's in say the next 4 years than maybe a Dynasty. Chances of winning 2 SB's over 4 years again is pretty much asking for the impossible

Peace
danDynasty went when Plax shot himself in the leg

GentleGiant
03-16-2013, 09:25 PM
Dynasty went when Plax shot himself in the leg And we won the SB again a few yr later.

giantyankee1976
03-16-2013, 09:31 PM
I hope toughness and run-stopping are contagious, I hope the D can't help but to find the ball and punish the handler.

nhpgiantsfan
03-16-2013, 09:58 PM
And we won the SB again a few yr later.

Yes, 2 in 5 seasons. The dynasties that you mentioned won 3 in 4 years.

GentleGiant
03-16-2013, 10:08 PM
Yes, 2 in 5 seasons. The dynasties that you mentioned won 3 in 4 years. So what? Everybody knows that the steelers and niners dynasties were better than the cowboys and pats. Your comparing other dynasties to us rather looking at the actual def of dynasty. 3-4 rings in a decade. Not to mention were not done yet. We haven't reached dynasty yet but the 2 rings we do have counts towards it. Not to mention the fact that were winning rings in the salary cap era which certainly gives us some more credit and if we win more in this cap era, it can give u an edge over other non cap dynasties(cowboys). Not to mention the backgrounds behind our rings. Teams that beat a 18-0 team can get as much credit by the media and fans as one that went 15-1 to get there if they translate it into more rings( if not then they're a one hit wonder).

Giantslb66
03-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Patriot fans are so out of whack they STILL call themselves a dynasty. It's been what? 8 years since they won the SB

cornerback30
03-16-2013, 10:36 PM
I wouldn't mind us becoming a lil more nasty,in a legal way though.Its most definitly time for players to man up and get it done,and play Giant football