PDA

View Full Version : JR Knows More Than We Do

BlueBlitzer
03-16-2013, 06:04 PM
Boss, Ballard, and Bennet have mostly the same stats. ( The Bears paid too much ) . As for the other FA signings ( one man's trainning camp fodder, is another man's servicable player ). All the pundits couldn't believe what Welker signed for. But slot recievers are not megatron types. ( while we were shakin in our boots, JR knew better ).

danme
03-16-2013, 06:25 PM
IMOVHO --- The Bears did not pay too much for Bennet, We got to see some of what Bennet is capable of, but Im 100% positive that he has a lot more that he is capable of doing. If given the chance and Gain experience as a Recieving (Key Word Recieving) Tight End. His size and Strength alone is an asset he needs to gain more confidence in his abilities. The only way to achieve that is playing in Games.

He will have a VERY VERY GOOD Career In Chicago.

Peace
Dan

Sarcasman
03-16-2013, 06:37 PM
IMOVHO --- The Bears did not pay too much for Bennet, We got to see some of what Bennet is capable of, but Im 100% positive that he has a lot more that he is capable of doing. If given the chance and Gain experience as a Recieving (Key Word Recieving) Tight End. His size and Strength alone is an asset he needs to gain more confidence in his abilities. The only way to achieve that is playing in Games.

Peace
Dan

Absolutely.

The Chicago weather will agree with him and he will become exactly what he hasn't been through the first five years of his contract. If things really break well maybe he'll even learn how to catch the ball.

TCHOF
03-16-2013, 06:37 PM

Peace
Dan

The Bears got fleeced. Bennett will be cut before the 3rd year of that deal.

danme
03-16-2013, 06:47 PM
OMG -- You guys really hate Bennet -- Dont You?? Wow he never really got a real chance In Dallas and he was learning out Offense last Season. I really liked what he brought to us he was an above average blocker and caught some nice passes for us and moved the chains not to mention his TD catches.

He will be good and get better over the next 2-3 seasons being that he will learn the Offense in Chicago and will gain confidence

Peace
Dan

ALLnygIN
03-16-2013, 06:48 PM
no, bennett has far more skills than any of those T.E's you've listed.. The only thing is, is he willing to continue to work and get better or even stay at his current playing level.. We saw flashes of major play making ability with him for just being a T.E... He's replaceable, but def has the potential to be an excellent T.E.. tons of room for improvement but thats up to him.

TheEnigma
03-16-2013, 06:50 PM
no, bennett has far more skills than any of those T.E's you've listed.. The only thing is, is he willing to continue to work and get better or even stay at his current playing level.. We saw flashes of major play making ability with him for just being a T.E... He's replaceable, but def has the potential to be an excellent T.E.. tons of room for improvement but thats up to him.

Well, he does have tons of natural talent but I question if he finally has turned into a productive hard worker or if he will get fat (not literally) and happy with his new contract with the Bears.

Sarcasman
03-16-2013, 06:54 PM
OMG -- You guys really hate Bennet -- Dont You?? Wow he never really got a real chance In Dallas and he was learning out Offense last Season. I really liked what he brought to us he was an above average blocker and caught some nice passes for us and moved the chains not to mention his TD catches.

He will be good and get better over the next 2-3 seasons being that he will learn the Offense in Chicago and will gain confidence

Peace
Dan

I don't hate him at all. I thought he was an very good addition to the team last year and I think he played a major role in improving the running game when he was on the field. I would have liked the Giants to keep him if they could do so at a price that makes sense for them.

I frankly don't see him ever becoming a top TE although I do think he is one of the top blocking TEs today. But he's not a great pass catcher nor a great route runner.

Citing a guy for what he is as opposed to what he could maybe be is not being a hater.

nycsportzfan
03-16-2013, 06:58 PM
I don't hate Bennett, but i've always thought some of u overrated em and never thought he was some super additn that made us so much better.. Get a real deal TE like Eifert in here, and he'll tear up what Ballard Boss and Bennett did..

TCHOF
03-16-2013, 06:59 PM

Peace
Dan

The idea that he never got a real chance in Dallas is just wrong. He was a total disappointment in Dallas.

He's been in the league 5 years, and has had one above average season. How that warrants a 4 year $20M deal, I'll never know.

danme
03-16-2013, 07:01 PM
Your kidding me right --- What chance did he get in Dallas -- Dallas has one of the BEST and was the Best TE a few years ago in Witten. What chance did Bennet get -- They used him as a Blocking TE

drewz
03-16-2013, 07:06 PM
I don't hate Bennett, but i've always thought some of u overrated em and never thought he was some super additn that made us so much better.. Get a real deal TE like Eifert in here, and he'll tear up what Ballard Boss and Bennett did..

What makes Eifert a better TE than Bennett?

TCHOF
03-16-2013, 07:54 PM
Your kidding me right --- What chance did he get in Dallas -- Dallas has one of the BEST and was the Best TE a few years ago in Witten. What chance did Bennet get -- They used him as a Blocking TE

The Cowboys can't use 2 TE sets? Don't you think that was the plan when they spent a 2nd round pick on Bennett when Witten was still in his prime? Or did they not realize that Witten was on the team when they drafted Bennett?

If your premise is that this guy would have been an elite TE if not for the presence of Witten on the Cowboys, then why didn't any of the 32 teams in the NFL realize this when he became an unrestricted FA? The best deal that he could get was a crap one year "show me" deal from the Giants.

The guy had a decent year last year and I would like to have retained him at a reasonable price. However, the idea that he didn't get a chance in Dallas because Witten was on the team is unmitigated horse****.

The_ One
03-16-2013, 08:30 PM
The Bears got fleeced. Bennett will be cut before the 3rd year of that deal.Really Nostradamus, what NFL player lasts out their three year deal nowadays.

Medisleman
03-16-2013, 08:33 PM
Jr does know, the team is starting to shape up with the additions this weekend. New TE, New WR, new tough defenders. I am liking this team now. We needed some change and we are getting it.

RoanokeFan
03-16-2013, 08:34 PM
Boss, Ballard, and Bennet have mostly the same stats. ( The Bears paid too much ) . As for the other FA signings ( one man's trainning camp fodder, is another man's servicable player ). All the pundits couldn't believe what Welker signed for. But slot recievers are not megatron types. ( while we were shakin in our boots, JR knew better ).

This is just preposterous

TCHOF
03-16-2013, 08:39 PM
Really Nostradamus, what NFL player lasts out their three year deal nowadays.

He signed a 4 year deal.

Redeyejedi
03-16-2013, 08:52 PM
I liked him but I wouldnt of paid him that deal. I would gone 4 years 12 million, Bears did 4 years 20

AGiantDynasty
03-16-2013, 09:20 PM
TCHOF

Just curious, for future reference, do you like your crow grilled, broiled, deep fried or raw? Because I can't wait to watch you stuff your face.

Bennett will be at least a top 10 TE by his 2nd season in Chicago.

Flip Empty
03-16-2013, 09:25 PM
What does "IMOVHO" mean? The only google match is from a post on here.

TCHOF
03-16-2013, 10:25 PM
TCHOF

Just curious, for future reference, do you like your crow grilled, broiled, deep fried or raw? Because I can't wait to watch you stuff your face.

Bennett will be at least a top 10 TE by his 2nd season in Chicago.

Yes you are probably right, because players often have breakout years in their 7th NFL season.

So are you going on record as saying that we should have signed Bennett to a 4 year $20M deal? Yes or no?

gmen0820
03-16-2013, 11:27 PM
Yeah, I think Bennett is gonna totally bomb in Chicago.

Statistically, he'll almost certainly regress significantly -- but that's also in part because he's gonna have to block A LOT in Chicago.

Plus, his character will probably rub Cutler the wrong way (unsurprisingly, Cutler's an oversensitive pansy), and they will always be at odds.

BlueReign
03-16-2013, 11:31 PM
He's got the tools to be a stud. Hope he does well.

gmen0820
03-16-2013, 11:36 PM
He's got the tools to be a stud. Hope he does well.He also benefitted from the most organizational consistency that he'll probably ever see in his career.

No more Eli, and no more Coughlin.

Now it's Baby Cutler, and Mr. CFL.

BlueReign
03-16-2013, 11:39 PM
He also benefitted from the most organizational consistency that he'll probably ever see in his career.

No more Eli, and no more Coughlin.

Now it's Baby Cutler, and Mr. CFL.

I'm talking about his physical tools. He keeps those no matter who is around him. I liked Bennett here, but it would've been unreasonable for the Giants to offer him that kind of money considering the amount were going to have to tie up (hopefully) in Nicks and Cruz.

gmen0820
03-16-2013, 11:43 PM
I'm talking about his physical tools. He keeps those no matter who is around him. I liked Bennett here, but it would've been unreasonable for the Giants to offer him that kind of money considering the amount were going to have to tie up (hopefully) in Nicks and Cruz.Those tools aren't self-perpetuated though. The Giants have been the only team that has managed to figure out how to put them in motion.

And yes, I agree. There's no way we could've matched that type of contract. Bennett was smart to take it, especially if didn't secretly burn any bridges with us, a la Aaron Ross.

kNicksGiants
03-17-2013, 05:31 AM
What does "IMOVHO" mean? The only google match is from a post on here.imo = in my opinion. i would guess imovho = in my own very honest opinion.

Redeyejedi
03-17-2013, 07:11 AM
What makes Eifert a better TE than Bennett?Eifert as a receiver has better body control, better,hands,better route runner,better ball skills basically in every way possible as a receiver. As a blocker Bennett is better. Why I draft Eifert in the 1st round ? No not at 19 and not with the Giants holes on defense

TCHOF
03-17-2013, 11:39 AM
Yes you are probably right, because players often have breakout years in their 7th NFL season.

So are you going on record as saying that we should have signed Bennett to a 4 year $20M deal? Yes or no?

Just as I suspected . . . crickets . . . .

gmen0820
03-17-2013, 11:41 AM
imo = in my opinion. i would guess imovho = in my own very honest opinion.Overly-redundant.

See what I did there?

darrin99
03-17-2013, 12:05 PM
We are so lucky to have JR. Just look what the Bears and Rams did rushing to sign Bennett and Cook to large, long term contracts. JR doesn't panic, and gets the job done signing Myers for a fraction of the cost.

Sarcasman
03-17-2013, 08:45 PM

Sarcasm, RF?

G-Men Surg.
03-18-2013, 03:44 AM
He's got the tools to be a stud. Hope he does well.
Who Reese ? Of course he has all the tools . :)

G-Men Surg.
03-18-2013, 03:45 AM

lol