PDA

View Full Version : The deep threat is back! BOMBS AWAY!

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 06:51 PM
This kid Louis Murphy has BLAZING SPEED, runs a sub 4.3, he's got the size, very good blocking WR, young veteran... will be a very solid #4 WR for us.

His hands and his route running need improvement... but to sit behind Nicks, Cruz and Randle... It's a very solid signing.

Could be an unpolished diamond in the rough.

Imagine the possibilities when we go 4-wide.

Nicks ---------- Cruz ---------- Randle ---------- Murphy

Nicks and Cruz aren't by any means slow but Randle is faster and this kid Murphy is faster than all of them.

I'm excited to get him into camp and working with Eli.

having a WR that can stretch the field is HUGE for an offense. I realize he wont be used often but when he's in there, possibilities are endless.

giantsfan420
03-16-2013, 07:02 PM
he reminds me of a poor mans pierre garcon

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 07:07 PM
he reminds me of a poor mans pierre garcon

Garcon is a monster when healthy.

Don't understand that comparison at all.

Murphy is also taller and bigger than garcon, not to mention faster lol

drewz
03-16-2013, 07:09 PM
lol going 4 wide

With what o-line?

Morehead State
03-16-2013, 07:10 PM
This kid Louis Murphy has BLAZING SPEED, runs a sub 4.3, he's got the size, very good blocking WR, young veteran... will be a very solid #4 WR for us.

His hands and his route running need improvement... but to sit behind Nicks, Cruz and Randle... It's a very solid signing.

Nicks and Cruz aren't by any means slow but Randle is faster and this kid Murphy is faster than all of them.

having a WR that can stretch the field is HUGE for an offense. I realize he wont be used often but when he's in there, possibilities are endless.
So where has the productivity been? Its not like there have been some great WR's in Oakland and Carolina to keep him off the field.

giantsfan420
03-16-2013, 07:17 PM
Garcon is a monster when healthy.

Don't understand that comparison at all.

Murphy is also taller and bigger than garcon, not to mention faster loli dunno. they just appear to play in a similar manner, except murphy is the poor mans version lol (like 1/2 as good that means). garcon is a monster. murphys had some good games too tho dont sleep on him...we signed him for a reason

giantsfan420
03-16-2013, 07:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ph1ZYx7EKw

i stand by my claim.

Morehead State
03-16-2013, 07:20 PM
i dunno. they just appear to play in a similar manner, except murphy is the poor mans version lol (like 1/2 as good that means). garcon is a monster. murphys had some good games too tho dont sleep on him...we signed him for a reason
Murphy has had a good shot to show in the league so far and hasn't produced. A guy like Bennett at least had an excuse behind Witten.
He seems to me like all speed and nothing else.

Flip Empty
03-16-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm imagining Devin Thomas minus the ST ability

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 07:22 PM
So where has the productivity been? Its not like there have been some great WR's in Oakland and Carolina to keep him off the field.
Where have the QB's been? Are you kidding? He started his career with JaMarcus Russell... in Russell's worst season.

Last season Cam was terrible.

giantsfan420
03-16-2013, 07:25 PM
Murphy has had a good shot to show in the league so far and hasn't produced. A guy like Bennett at least had an excuse behind Witten.
He seems to me like all speed and nothing else.what? murphy had a pretty awesome rookie season considering his qbs were like jamarcus russel and gradkowski...

hes used similarly as garcon. a lot of slants and out routes. also use him for end arounds. hes also a physical blocker. also goes up and gets the ball at the highest point. i remember watching him single handidly beat pitt a few yrs ago he was unstoppable. hes like a young, poor mans garcon. hes got upside.

miked1958
03-16-2013, 07:25 PM
When I saw the thread title I was like, oh wait Cruz is a slot WR.... Lol

RoanokeFan
03-16-2013, 07:26 PM

You realize "he won't be used often", but the "deep threat is back"?

giantsfan420
03-16-2013, 07:28 PM
it wouldnt shock me at all if he is used often as a wr. he has game. hes physical and fast and good in slant routes. i bet we use him more than we used barden/jj...jr brought him here for a reason.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 07:32 PM
You realize "he won't be used often", but the "deep threat is back"?

Yes, he will get on the field more than you think.

Also with Randle the deep threat is there as well.

giantsfan420
03-16-2013, 07:32 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/louis-murphy?id=80670

more info. id say he worked on his weaknesses bc he didnt display any of those bad habits that I saw...at least not to where he is ineffective

Morehead State
03-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Where have the QB's been? Are you kidding? He started his career with JaMarcus Russell... in Russell's worst season.

Last season Cam was terrible.
He played every game last season (so he wasn't hurt). he couldn't crack the Carolina starting lineup. He had 300 or so yards with a QB who threw for almost 4000 yards.
He's had his chances. He also had Carson Palmer the year before.
I'm not saying he can't develop but he's been in the league now for 4 years and hasn't produced. I suppose as a 4th WR he's a good signing. But this deep thread stuff is not supported by this kid's history.
You make it sound like he's a legit player and has proved it on the field. I certainly hope he is, but he hasn't done it after 4 years. He should have been a great compliment to Steve Smith last season and failed miserably.

giantsfan420
03-16-2013, 07:35 PM
and just bc i have ocd and claimed he was a poor mans pierre garcon, compare his draft profile

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/pierre-garcon?id=2346

virtually the same word for word

giantsfan420
03-16-2013, 07:37 PM
He played every game last season (so he wasn't hurt). he couldn't crack the Carolina starting lineup. He had 300 or so yards with a QB who threw for almost 4000 yards.
I'm not saying he can't develop but he's been in the league now for 4 years and hasn't produced. I suppose as a 4th WR he's a good signing. But this deep thread stuff is not supported by this kid's history.
You make it sound like he's a legit player and has proved it on the field. I certainly hope he is, but he hasn't done it after 4 years. He should have been a great compliment to Steve Smith last season and failed miserably.he had a couple big games in a nw offense at carolina. and at oakland had had like 40 rec his rokie year and then like 65 his 2nd. got hurt his 3rd and all the turnover in oakland, he went onto carolina to try n catch on. he didnt i guess. heres hoping he can here. he def is intriguing and jr aint just gnna bring in someone w/o any upside

miked1958
03-16-2013, 07:38 PM
Yes, he will get on the field more than you think.Also with Randle the deep threat is there as well.well based off his highlights he can do just fine over the middle

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 07:39 PM
You make it sound like he's a legit player and has proved it on the field. I certainly hope he is, but he hasn't done it after 4 years. He should have been a great compliment to Steve Smith last season and failed miserably.

Some guys need a QB like Eli and an organization like the Giants to put everything together.

He was a #3 receiver in Carolina, LaFell is their #2. He only started 5 games.

Cam barely threw for 3,900 yards.

Morehead State
03-16-2013, 07:40 PM
and just bc i have ocd and claimed he was a poor mans pierre garcon, compare his draft profile

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/pierre-garcon?id=2346

virtually the same word for word
"Draft Profiles" mean NOTHING after a guy has had 4 years in the league to prove himself.
He's no longer a prospect. We know what he's done. And it hasn't been much.

Don't get me wrong, he could very well be everything you guys think he can be. But if he is, it will be a 180 degree reversal of what he's been since he came into the league. And 4 years is a sizable sampling.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 07:42 PM
Not to mention Carolina uses Olsen like a WR. He had 69 REC for nearly 900 yards.

So really Murphy was their #4 option.

Morehead State
03-16-2013, 07:42 PM
Some guys need a QB like Eli and an organization like the Giants to put everything together.

He was a #3 receiver in Carolina, LaFell is their #2. He only started 5 games.

OK..this makes sense. He couldn't find the field with Brandon Lafelle ahead of him but he'll be a legit "deep threat.....BOMB AWAY!!!" on our team.

I guess our WR's just aren't up to par when compared to the Panthers.
Is this really your position?

Morehead State
03-16-2013, 07:43 PM
Not to mention Carolina uses Olsen like a WR. He had 69 REC for nearly 900 yards.
If he's all you say, please explain why he wasn't used like these other guys?

Oh yeah...because he wasn't very good at all.
He was #4 on a bad WR group.

Flip Empty
03-16-2013, 07:44 PM
And Eli barely threw more than Cam. What's your point?

Cam was great during the second half of his season.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 07:44 PM
well based off his highlights he can do just fine over the middle

But he's not going to be higher on the depth chart than Randle is my point.

He was brought here for depth and to stretch the field.

RoanokeFan
03-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Yes, he will get on the field more than you think.

Also with Randle the deep threat is there as well.

You are forgetting Jernigan? You're the one who said he "won't get on the field much."

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 07:48 PM
And Eli barely threw more than Cam. What's your point?

Cam was great during the second half of his season.

What's your point?

Why did you feel the need to compare him to Eli? Murphy played for the Panthers not the Giants, not even a clue as to what your point is.

TheEnigma
Well, he can sure block downfield too. If there is any negative, it would be the fact he doesn't catch the ball more than you would like but maybe the Giants think it's a correctable problem?

NYG4lifeNYK
You are forgetting Jernigan?

That gave me a good chuckle.... guy caught 3 passes last season lol

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 07:50 PM
If this kid can come in and learn the playbook he will be ahead of Jernigan. Maybe not right away but he offers SO much more than Jernigan ever could.

RoanokeFan
03-16-2013, 07:51 PM
That gave me a good chuckle.... guy caught 3 passes last season lol

And he's a draft pick they are developing. I could be wrong, but usually we don't sign a player for a one year deal to make him a staple = Bennett, Kawika Mitchell....

Morehead State
03-16-2013, 07:53 PM
But he's not going to be higher on the depth chart than Randle is my point.

He was brought here for depth and to stretch the field.
That's a far cry from your original post. You made it sound like he will be a legit and often used threat. Now your saying that he's #4.

RoanokeFan
03-16-2013, 07:56 PM
If this kid can come in and learn the playbook he will be ahead of Jernigan. Maybe not right away but he offers SO much more than Jernigan ever could.

Ah yes, the complicated playbook. Does this guy play STs?

Flip Empty
03-16-2013, 07:57 PM
What's your point?

Why did you feel the need to compare him to Eli? Murphy played for the Panthers not the Giants, not even a clue as to what your point is.
Because of the untouchable Jesus status Eli has on here.
It's Cam "barely threw 3800 yards" while Eli "almost threw 4000 yards". The glass is always half full with one guy, and half empty with another.

In order to excuse Murphy's lack of production, you used Cam's yardage total to suggest he wasn't very good. Stats alone don't tell the full story.

NYG4lifeNYK
That's a far cry from your original post. You made it sound like he will be a legit and often used threat. Now your saying that he's #4.

Lol, or you're just reading what you want to hear because I clearly said "I realize he wont be used often but when he's in there, possibilities are endless."

miked1958
Should of gave him a two yr deal just in case. Lol. We don't want a repeat of what happened with Bennett auditioning for all the other NFL teams last season. Then we couldn't afford to keep him. A two yr deal protects against that as long as it isn't a lot guaranteed money, that way if he stinks you can just cut him

dezzzR
03-16-2013, 07:58 PM
OK..this makes sense. He couldn't find the field with Brandon Lafelle ahead of him but he'll be a legit "deep threat.....BOMB AWAY!!!" on our team.

I guess our WR's just aren't up to par when compared to the Panthers.
Is this really your position?Eli likes to throw the deep ball and Murphy is fast. Hope that explains it.

Hes good depth.

miked1958
03-16-2013, 07:58 PM
However I do realize as a 4th option he won't get the kind of touches that a Bennett got so the 1 yr was prob the right thing to do

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Because of the untouchable Jesus status Eli has on here.
It's Cam "barely threw 3800 yards" while Eli "almost threw 4000 yards". The glass is always half full with one guy, and half empty with another.

In order to excuse Murphy's lack of production, you used Cam's yardage total to suggest he wasn't very good. Stats alone don't tell the full story.
You do realize Cam is a running QB yes?

Yet another reason for Murphys lack of production, attempts.

Only so many footballs to go around for a #4 receiver.

uther99
I would like to see Giants do 4WR sets more often. Anyone have any stats on how often they do that? It would spread out D for the unexpected shotgun draw.

Cloud57
Is Barden still here?

Flip Empty
03-16-2013, 08:00 PM
What does that have to do with anything?

Morehead State
03-16-2013, 08:00 PM
Lol, or you're just reading what you want to hear because I clearly said "I realize he wont be used often but when he's in there, possibilities are endless."
Lets just say that your original post was a tad inconsistent, and leave it there.

I mean...."Murphy is a legit deep threat...BOMBS AWAY!!!!....btw he won't play much"............

.......is a tad odd........wouldn't you say?

TheEnigma
03-16-2013, 08:02 PM
Is Barden still here?

Nope. Louis Murphy will probably get around 250-500 yards and 0-3 TDs assuming our stud receivers aren't dinged up. He might be the Hixon replacement (assuming he doesn't come back) and will push Jernigan and even Randle possibly in training camp.

Morehead State

Yet another reason for Murphys lack of production, attempts.

Only so many footballs to go around for a #4 receiver.
Yet he threw for more yards than our "passing QB".

I for one will not stand for these insults to our QB!!!!!!

NYG4lifeNYK
I would like to see Giants do 4WR sets more often. Anyone have any stats on how often they do that? It would spread out D for the unexpected shotgun draw.

If we improve the line, we would see it used more.

Can't go 4 wide when the line cant block.

Morehead State
03-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Nope. Louis Murphy will probably get around 250-500 yards and 0-3 TDs assuming our stud receivers aren't dinged up. He might be the Hixon replacement (assuming he doesn't come back) and will push Jernigan and even Randle possibly in training camp.
Randle is the real deal. The kid will be hyper productive this season.

TCHOF
03-16-2013, 08:05 PM
Is Barden still here?

No. He is currently enrolled in the Walmart management training program.

RoanokeFan
03-16-2013, 08:06 PM
Eli likes to throw the deep ball and Murphy is fast. Hope that explains it.

Hes good depth.

Remember the reason Barden was going to take the world by storm? "He's tall." It's probably best for us to wait and see if he makes it out of training camp before we get too far ahead of ourselves.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 08:06 PM
Lets just say that your original post was a tad inconsistent, and leave it there.

I mean...."Murphy is a legit deep threat...BOMBS AWAY!!!!....btw he won't play much"............

.......is a tad odd........wouldn't you say?
Again reading what you want to hear.

Yet he threw for more yards than our "passing QB".

I for one will not stand for these insults to our QB!!!!!!
He threw for more yards because of his elusiveness and ability to scramble. Being a running threat keeps D-line's flat footed. They can't just pin their ears back and rush the QB.

I'm not sure where you're going with this.

Morehead State
03-16-2013, 08:08 PM
Again reading what you want to hear.

He threw for more yards because of his elusiveness and ability to scramble. Being a running threat keeps D-line's flat footed. They can't just pin their ears back and rush the QB.

I'm not sure where you're going with this.

I'll tell you exactly where I'm going.
He's a running QB but he's also a passing QB. The kids got 8000 yards passing in his first 2 seasons. Has there ever been a "running" QB in NFL history who's done that in any 2 year span, let alone his first two?

TheEnigma
03-16-2013, 08:10 PM
Randle is the real deal. The kid will be hyper productive this season.

Looks like he struggles to separate BUT it's very possible he was thinking too much during the game. Hope he does well.

The_ One
03-16-2013, 08:12 PM

having a WR that can stretch the field is HUGE for an offense. I realize he wont be used often but when he's in there, possibilities are endless.You do know that all he will be is a bench warmer, just an insurance guy, it takes at least 2 years for any WR to learn our offensive system.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 08:22 PM
I'll tell you exactly where I'm going.
He's a running QB but he's also a passing QB. The kids got 8000 yards passing in his first 2 seasons. Has there ever been a "running" QB in NFL history who's done that in any 2 year span, let alone his first two?
You act like I said he's strictly a running QB.

Medisleman
03-16-2013, 08:27 PM
Many of you are forgetting what happens with Eli. Mediocre receivers became really good receivers. Really good receivers become all star receivers. This guy will do great with Eli if he gets some chemistry with him and hangs on to the ball.

sethm
03-16-2013, 08:30 PM
You do know that all he will be is a bench warmer, just an insurance guy, it takes at least 2 years for any WR to learn our offensive system.

ummm VC seemed to learn it in 1, just saying

That said, be real guys he is simply fast from a good college program that has flashed a few times in 4 years. We have 3 solid wide outs on a team that rarely in the manning era has gone 4 wide. Eli holds the ball too long for our OL to hold up with that package. Just my opinion but I think he will dress only if someone gets hurt.

RoanokeFan
03-16-2013, 08:32 PM

That said, be real guys he is simply fast from a good college program that has flashed a few times in 4 years. We have 3 solid wide outs on a team that rarely in the manning era has gone 4 wide. Eli holds the ball too long for our OL to hold up with that package. Just my opinion but I think he will dress only if someone gets hurt.

We'll know better after training camp

Morehead State
03-16-2013, 08:32 PM
You act like I said he's strictly a running QB.
You just want it every which way...don't you.

Morehead State
03-16-2013, 08:33 PM

You know who else was really fast?......Tim Carter.

giantsfan420
03-16-2013, 08:37 PM
this notion hes done nothing isnt true. he had a solid first 2 yrs, with horrendous qb play and no name guys. first year as a rookie like 40 catches and 4 tds and next season like 60 catches. iirc he got hurt or there was FO/Coaching turnover his 3 yr and he started 5 games. the following season he went to carolina, where some posters actually act like their opinion that he didnt just come in and take over the #2 spot so hes done nothing is credible lol...no. he had some big games there. he was trying to catch on, like he'll try to do here. i think some of u will be surprised with how much we use him. if we dont get a receiving te, we may see this guy get a lot of targets.
oh and murphys first 2 yrs, he played against guys like ike taylor and champ bailey and more than held his own. he has game. hes a poor mans garcon. hes a physical slant and crossing route type wr who can be physical and use his speed. nice combo. watch his rookie yr vs pitt where he single handedly beat them.

edit-just to reiterate he had some big catches/games for carolina. iirc hes part of why cam turned it around the 2nd half of the season

nycsportzfan
03-16-2013, 08:59 PM
he reminds me of a poor mans pierre garcon Hes just played on crappy teams basically and i believe had health issues? But this kids strong and fast and can block.. He put up a few monster games wit the raiders, and with a solid, consistent passing QB of ELIS stature, he could flourish and be a deep threat and emergency starter if need be..

Murphy, Ross, Mundy, Connor, Myers, Jenkins, and Re-sign of Beatty, Rivers(meh), is not a bad job at all in our current cap situation...

Morehead State
03-16-2013, 09:01 PM
this notion hes done nothing isnt true. he had a solid first 2 yrs, with horrendous qb play and no name guys. first year as a rookie like 40 catches and 4 tds and next season like 60 catches. iirc he got hurt or there was FO/Coaching turnover his 3 yr and he started 5 games. the following season he went to carolina, where some posters actually act like their opinion that he didnt just come in and take over the #2 spot so hes done nothing is credible lol...no. he had some big games there. he was trying to catch on, like he'll try to do here. i think some of u will be surprised with how much we use him. if we dont get a receiving te, we may see this guy get a lot of targets.
oh and murphys first 2 yrs, he played against guys like ike taylor and champ bailey and more than held his own. he has game. hes a poor mans garcon. hes a physical slant and crossing route type wr who can be physical and use his speed. nice combo. watch his rookie yr vs pitt where he single handedly beat them.

edit-just to reiterate he had some big catches/games for carolina. iirc hes part of why cam turned it around the 2nd half of the season

But when he actually got a QB his productivity dropped.

nycsportzfan
03-16-2013, 09:01 PM
You know who else was really fast?......Tim Carter. Ya but Murphy has all ready done more then Carter ever did.. Murphy can play, but has had no stabilty in coaching staff, no type of consistent thrower of the football, and a few health issues.. This kids got talent, trust that! As far as 4th WR's go, hes a pretty good one... He can step in and emergency start as well, which is good, and hes ran with the ball alittle bit in his career, so that is always a wrinkle we could use time to time, to get benefits off his blazing speed..

nycsportzfan
03-16-2013, 09:03 PM
But when he actually got a QB his productivity dropped. Cam Newton had a bit of a sophmore slump, albeit not a terrible one, but a bit, and isn't nearly the consistent thrower yet of a ELI or Matt Ryan, or Flacco..etc ELI can throw the deep ball as good as anyone, and this kid can run under them as good as most, so it should serve its purpose..

Morehead State
03-16-2013, 09:03 PM
Ya but Murphy has all ready done more then Carter ever did.. Murphy can play, but has had no stabilty in coaching staff, no type of consistent thrower of the football, and a few health issues.. This kids got talent, trust that! As far as 4th WR's go, hes a pretty good one... He can step in and emergency start as well, which is good, and hes ran with the ball alittle bit in his career, so that is always a wrinkle we could use time to time, to get benefits off his blazing speed..
As a 4th WR I can see it. he's a veteran, but probably a drop from Hixon's productivity last year.
But the OP's original post was way over the top.

TheEnigma
03-16-2013, 09:07 PM
As a 4th WR I can see it. he's a veteran, but probably a drop from Hixon's productivity last year.
But the OP's original post was way over the top.

The OP generally gets super excited over little things. We should come to accept that by now lol.

Morehead State
03-16-2013, 09:12 PM
The OP generally gets super excited over little things. We should come to accept that by now lol.
Yes but I enjoy pointing it out.
You want me to be happy don't you?

TheEnigma
03-16-2013, 09:15 PM
Yes but I enjoy pointing it out.
You want me to be happy don't you?

But we already know your demands out of Reese and none of this matters...

nycsportzfan
03-16-2013, 09:20 PM
But the OP's original post was way over the top. Ya, hes also 3yrs younger then Hixon, and to be honest, if this guy was given Hixons oppurtunity hes had to step in and start some with ELI, i think he'd be even better.. Hes stronger, blocks well, is a and also can help occasional in the run game, as hes had 14runs for 146yrds 1td all ready in his career as well.. This kid can play some...

Morehead State
03-16-2013, 09:20 PM
But we already know your demands out of Reese and none of this matters...
I trust that JR is doing the right thing. I trust that he WILL address our O line situation in the right way.
But I'm uneasy until he does.

Morehead State
03-16-2013, 09:21 PM
Ya, hes also 3yrs younger then Hixon, and to be honest, if this guy was given Hixons oppurtunity hes had to step in and start some with ELI, i think he'd be even better.. Hes stronger, blocks well, is a and also can help occasional in the run game, as hes had 14runs for 146yrds 1td all ready in his career as well.. This kid can play some...
As I said....as a 4th WR, I can see it.

nycsportzfan
03-16-2013, 09:21 PM
Murphys got more catches, more Tds, more rushing yrds playing most of his career with the radiers, then Hixon has had in 5yrs playing mostly with ELI and the giants... Hes played 4more games then Murphy, and he has a higher Per catch avg as well...

TheEnigma
03-16-2013, 09:23 PM
Murphy and Myers are dumpster diving bargains! Much, MUCH better than what the Dolphins had to spend for Wallace and Keller probably.

Morehead State
03-16-2013, 09:26 PM
Murphys got more catches, more Tds, more rushing yrds playing most of his career with the radiers, then Hixon has had in 5yrs playing mostly with ELI and the giants... Hes played 4more games then Murphy, and he has a higher Per catch avg as well...
What do we generally look for in a 4th WR? A reliable player who can also play ST's.

I agree that Murphy has shown flashes, but he hasn't really shown them for 3 years.

Morehead State
03-16-2013, 09:27 PM
Murphy and Myers are dumpster diving bargains! Much, MUCH better than what the Dolphins had to spend for Wallace and Keller probably.
I disagree with this. Myers is a player.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 09:31 PM
Myers is not... wow. Not even close.

You dont even know the terms of the contract yet.

Oops means Myers.

sethm
03-16-2013, 09:33 PM
Ya but Murphy has all ready done more then Carter ever did.. Murphy can play, but has had no stabilty in coaching staff, no type of consistent thrower of the football, and a few health issues.. This kids got talent, trust that! As far as 4th WR's go, hes a pretty good one... He can step in and emergency start as well, which is good, and hes ran with the ball alittle bit in his career, so that is always a wrinkle we could use time to time, to get benefits off his blazing speed..

the point re Tim Carter is that a 2nd draft pick that ran a 4.3 and was a Sinorice Moss on steroids. Speed does not always mean success. He will have to show more than just speed to displace JJ who ran a 4.4 in the combine which qualifies as smoke as well.

TheEnigma
03-16-2013, 09:34 PM
Murphy is not... wow. Not even close.

You dont even know the terms of the contract yet.

It's pretty obvious that Murphy is going to come much cheaper than Wallace lol. I'm talking about the value here and not comparing the players. Wallace is obviously the much better player but at $12M? Just making a comparison to the high spenders in FA.

hungrrrry
03-16-2013, 09:37 PM
I like him...but honestly, i am going on the highlight reel. He seems to have more game than Barden but will have a hard time being any more than a 4th receiver unless he just blows away Randel.

B&RWarrior
03-16-2013, 10:07 PM
I honestly think Murphy was brought in to push Randle. At the least, he provides great depth.

Rat_bastich
03-16-2013, 10:18 PM
I honestly think Murphy was brought in to push Randle. At the least, he provides great depth.

Probably. They probably want him to be there to push either Randle or Jernigan,

experto
Murphy is a bum,not a big fan of him actually.He's likely gona be cut as our top 3 wrs are cruz,nicks,randle.

blueribbon

ELI_HOF_NYG
03-16-2013, 10:20 PM
I like him...but honestly, i am going on the highlight reel. He seems to have more game than Barden but will have a hard time being any more than a 4th receiver unless he just blows away Randel.

he has a bona fide, real deal QB throwing to him now. he is fast as hell and can catch the ball, let's see how this plays out.

Shockeystays08
03-16-2013, 10:25 PM
the point re Tim Carter is that a 2nd draft pick that ran a 4.3 and was a Sinorice Moss on steroids. Speed does not always mean success. He will have to show more than just speed to displace JJ who ran a 4.4 in the combine which qualifies as smoke as well.

I agree, to think this guy is gonna come in and surpass JJ as the number 4 is humerous to say the least. This kid is fast but so is JJ plus JJ is slippery and elusive. I like the Murphy signing - don't get me wrong . But he is hear for depth in case JJ doesn't step up and in case Randall get'n hurt or fails to progress at an acceptable rate. Or if Nicks gets hurt again or if Cruz continues to be gun shy with butter fingers. Murphy is a great depth pickup.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 10:27 PM
Murphy is a bum,not a big fan of him actually.He's likely gona be cut as our top 3 wrs are cruz,nicks,randle.

You realize we need 4-5 receivers? Minimum of 4.

Our receivers will be: Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Murphy, Jernigan.

If Murphy is a bum then what is Jernigan?

B&RWarrior
03-16-2013, 10:29 PM
I agree, to think this guy is gonna come in and surpass JJ as the number 4 is humerous to say the least. This kid is fast but so is JJ plus JJ is slippery and elusive. I like the Murphy signing - don't get me wrong . But he is hear for depth in case JJ doesn't step up and in case Randall get'n hurt or fails to progress at an acceptable rate. Or if Nicks gets hurt again or if Cruz continues to be gun shy with butter fingers. Murphy is a great depth pickup.

Tim just couldn't stay healthy, but he was no Sinorce Moss. He could produce and I saw him even take over a game or two with his speed.

mrg3
03-16-2013, 11:04 PM
As a Gator fan Murphy was Good with some running QBs. I think its a great pick up and he will excel with Eli, If the O line does the Job.

gmen0820
03-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Louis Murphy will be a non-factor. Not many Receivers (regardless of talent) can play with any sort of consistency (or effectiveness) in this offense. I would have expected him to succeed in Chudzinski's vertical passing scheme, but he didn't do much of that either.

mrg3
03-16-2013, 11:50 PM
WithCam, Will see, I say hes 3 over Randell

blueribbon
03-17-2013, 02:11 AM
YEEHAA "BOMBS AWAY"

http://i.gifeye.com/333.gif

ELI_HOF_NYG
03-17-2013, 02:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8yr_StC3uw

YATittle1962
03-17-2013, 02:27 AM
Murphy has had a good shot to show in the league so far and hasn't produced.

with who getting him the ball ?

Flip Empty
03-17-2013, 03:27 AM
with who getting him the ball ?
Cam Newton threw it at him 60 times last season, Murphy finished with 25 receptions.

G-Men Surg.
03-17-2013, 03:31 AM
Obviously Mr. Reese sees potential on Murphy to contribute in this O. One year deal, young and hungy. At the very least I do see him playing ST and could spell KO returning duties from DW. Oh yea, I like.

titwio
03-17-2013, 04:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ph1ZYx7EKw

i stand by my claim.

I'm really not seeing 4.3 speed in that video. Looks like a great blocker though but doesn't appear to be much after the catch. A lot of reports I'm hearing from Oakland and Panthers fans are that he doesn't make any contested catches and has a lot drops.

Let's hope that's not the same story for the G-Men.