PDA

View Full Version : I'm Very Excited About Our Offense Right Now

demoskratos
03-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Okay, I am much more of a lurker than a poster on these boards, I just needed to say right now I am very excited about our offense. I love a good running game but the passing game is going to be phenomenal this year. Nicks, Randle, and Cruz with Meyers on third down with Wilson in the backfield... we will be challenging the opposing defense much more often this year than last IMO. Even if Nicks goes down for a couple of games sub in Murphy as a deep threat and we still have a special type of threat on our hands. I think this can only strengthen our running game, I think Wilson and Brown are going to tear it up this year, it's going to be something we have not seen before, a high powered offense like the Saints and Patriots.

Of course I am worried about the OL but I think with a solid draft this problem will be improved even if Boothe signs elsewhere. I am terrified of Diehl cracking the starting rotation though. Assuming Boothe resigns a line of Beatty, Boothe, Baas, Snee, and hopefully a first or second round pick sounds pretty strong to me.

GentleGiant
03-16-2013, 09:11 PM
The 1 pick will probably replace Diehl. Brewer, snee, and boothe can deal with the rest. Hopefully the rest of the the draft is dedicated to D.

nycsportzfan
03-16-2013, 09:15 PM
Our Offense is gonna be nuts! Cruz, Nicks, Myers, Wilson, Randle, Murphy, and hopefully Andre Brown is a serious group! And we still got Jerrnigan there as a former 3rd rder, whos not completely toast as far as his impact on this team goes yet... I'm stoked ot watch this offense! Shoot, we got a pretty athletic freak TE in Robinson, who also may start to come into his own as well, and u know Pascoe is good for a few big catches during the season.. Also we got a awesome FB in Hynoski.. This offense is looking freakishly good..

Now we gotta draft a couple Olineman, and were set!

giantsfan420
03-16-2013, 09:56 PM
1 of warmack/cooper/johnson will fall to us rd 1 id bet anything. we'll grab whichever does id have to believe.

than maybe rd 3, if barrett jones is still there, we take him too. our OL goes from weakness to strength with 2 picks...if johnson falls, we put him at rt, and b.jonest at lg, and our ol is 1 of the best in the league. if its warmack or cooper, our interior is warmack/cooper baas snee.......thats beastly and will allow eli to actually be upright and step up...the OL will get fixed

miked1958
03-16-2013, 09:57 PM
Our Offense is gonna be nuts! Cruz, Nicks, Myers, Wilson, Randle, Murphy, and hopefully Andre Brown is a serious group! And we still got Jerrnigan there as a former 3rd rder, whos not completely toast as far as his impact on this team goes yet... I'm stoked ot watch this offense! Shoot, we got a pretty athletic freak TE in Robinson, who also may start to come into his own as well, and u know Pascoe is good for a few big catches during the season.. Also we got a awesome FB in Hynoski.. This offense is looking freakishly good..Now we gotta draft a couple Olineman, and were set!shows With JR we need not worry. He's got it covered

Buddy333
03-16-2013, 09:58 PM
Looks good on paper with the exception of the OL, which is a pretty big deal.

Cloud57
03-16-2013, 10:27 PM
I was excited last season too, but I've learned my lesson so I'm going to remain calm.

gmen0820
03-16-2013, 11:10 PM
As long as Nicks is healthy, and stays healthy, we will be A-Okay.

Carter.525
03-16-2013, 11:24 PM
1 of warmack/cooper/johnson will fall to us rd 1 id bet anything. we'll grab whichever does id have to believe.

than maybe rd 3, if barrett jones is still there, we take him too. our OL goes from weakness to strength with 2 picks...if johnson falls, we put him at rt, and b.jonest at lg, and our ol is 1 of the best in the league. if its warmack or cooper, our interior is warmack/cooper baas snee.......thats beastly and will allow eli to actually be upright and step up...the OL will get fixed

can only hope one of those 3 fall to us.. I like Barrett Jones also

drewz
03-16-2013, 11:25 PM
It doesn't matter who our RB or WRs are.. if Reese doesn't pick a guard or tackle in the first couple rounds, this offensive will be screwed again

Carter.525
03-16-2013, 11:27 PM
DJ Fluker could very well be the best O-lineman left at #19

RoanokeFan
03-17-2013, 06:56 AM
I was excited last season too, but I've learned my lesson so I'm going to remain calm.

This is reality. We all get wound up when we see the pre-season moves and then when players don't measure up we crash and burn. It's the life cycle of fans.

RoanokeFan
03-17-2013, 06:57 AM
As long as Nicks is healthy, and stays healthy, we will be A-Okay.

That's all it's going to take? :)

GiantsFan27
03-17-2013, 07:05 AM

i would be okay with this pick

nycsportzfan
03-17-2013, 07:15 AM
can only hope one of those 3 fall to us.. I like Barrett Jones also eh, we can get Alvin Bailey or Brian Winters as well... We can fill our offensive line holes pretty easily come draft time... I say add to the defense while also building the Oline...

SweetZombieJesus
03-17-2013, 07:54 AM

They were 8-5 with a 2 game division lead in early December. They ended up 9-7, losing the division and missing the playoffs because of 2 no-shows in critical spots, back to back. Something that happens a lot around here.

Yet another season of wasted potential.

Seems we have to wait until mid-December to see whether this team is real or not.

evojutsu
03-17-2013, 08:07 AM

Not worth a first rounder, i rather go Defense. Defense wins championships, we can get a starting RT in round 2 like M. Watson and 3rd or 4th round a starting guard such brian winters or larry warford

Redeyejedi
03-17-2013, 08:12 AM
Hopefully if Nicks isnt healthy Randle will be able to step in and give them production as the X receiver if he cant this offense will still struggle.

jomo
03-17-2013, 08:32 AM
sam
Okay, I am much more of a lurker than a poster on these boards, I just needed to say right now I am very excited about our offense. I love a good running game but the passing game is going to be phenomenal this year. Nicks, Randle, and Cruz with Meyers on third down with Wilson in the backfield... we will be challenging the opposing defense much more often this year than last IMO. Even if Nicks goes down for a couple of games sub in Murphy as a deep threat and we still have a special type of threat on our hands. I think this can only strengthen our running game, I think Wilson and Brown are going to tear it up this year, it's going to be something we have not seen before, a high powered offense like the Saints and Patriots.

Of course I am worried about the OL but I think with a solid draft this problem will be improved even if Boothe signs elsewhere. I am terrified of Diehl cracking the starting rotation though. Assuming Boothe resigns a line of Beatty, Boothe, Baas, Snee, and hopefully a first or second round pick sounds pretty strong to me.That's the same OL we had last year except Snee is now coming off surgery and we're looking at a rookie at RT. How'd you evaluate the performance of the OL last year?

I do agree that our skill players on O are very exciting.

RoanokeFan
03-17-2013, 09:02 AM
samThat's the same OL we had last year except Snee is now coming off surgery and we're looking at a rookie at RT. How'd you evaluate the performance of the OL last year?

The early draft had better be Oline friendly

demoskratos
03-17-2013, 12:38 PM
samThat's the same OL we had last year except Snee is now coming off surgery and we're looking at a rookie at RT. How'd you evaluate the performance of the OL last year?

Well I thought Beatty played great. Boothe was decent. Baas was not great but I have heard he played injured the whole year for what that is worth. Snee fell off a little bit was still decent. RT was the revolving door when Locklear was not able to play. I thought before he went down the OL was actually pretty good as a unit as far as pass protection went.

gmen0820
03-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Well I thought Beatty played great. Boothe was decent. Baas was not great but I have heard he played injured the whole year for what that is worth. Snee fell off a little bit was still decent. RT was the revolving door when Locklear was not able to play. I thought before he went down the OL was actually pretty good as a unit as far as pass protection went.Yeah, having Nicks back next year healthy will take some pressure off the line as well.

By the way, are you Greek?

GameTime
03-17-2013, 01:07 PM

Of course I am worried about the OL but I think with a solid draft this problem will be improved even if Boothe signs elsewhere. I am terrified of Diehl cracking the starting rotation though. Assuming Boothe resigns a line of Beatty, Boothe, Baas, Snee, and hopefully a first or second round pick sounds pretty strong to me.
why??...the Giants havent gotten better at one postion on the offense this off season....

gmen0820
03-17-2013, 01:36 PM
why??...the Giants havent gotten better at one postion on the offense this off season....Nicks has a whole offseason to rest up and get healthy. Wilson was dynamic in limited opportunities, and now he get's to take over. Brown looked really good before he got hurt, and Randle is another year in the system.

GameTime
03-17-2013, 01:38 PM
Nicks has a whole offseason to rest up and get healthy. Wilson was dynamic in limited opportunities, and now he get's to take over. Brown looked really good before he got hurt, and Randle is another year in the system.
I agree...they all were already on the team though. I meant FA wise.....

gmen0820
03-17-2013, 01:47 PM
I agree...they all were already on the team though. And they are also the major components of why demoskratos is excited for this year.

egyptian420
03-17-2013, 02:45 PM
They were 8-5 with a 2 game division lead in early December. They ended up 9-7, losing the division and missing the playoffs because of 2 no-shows in critical spots, back to back. Something that happens a lot around here.

Yet another season of wasted potential.

Seems we have to wait until mid-December to see whether this team is real or not.Preach!

Sovereign
03-17-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm not as long as Gilbride is here.

jomo
03-17-2013, 04:53 PM
Well I thought Beatty played great. Boothe was decent. Baas was not great but I have heard he played injured the whole year for what that is worth. Snee fell off a little bit was still decent. RT was the revolving door when Locklear was not able to play. I thought before he went down the OL was actually pretty good as a unit as far as pass protection went.They were decent (not great) in pass blocking but we couldn't convert a 3rd and short if our lives depended on it. We have a bunhc of finesse guys, starting with Beatty. Nice feet, dancing bear type. As Snee has aged, we don't have a single gnarly guy up front who can just move his guy off the ball.

egyptian420
03-17-2013, 05:22 PM
The early draft had better be Oline friendlyI really hope so man, every position on this team right now is at least "respectable" except our o-line which hasn't been addressed at all during FA. That leads me to think the draft will be exclusively reserved for o-line.

I'd be fine with not drafting o-line in the first round if the BPA is something else, but no later than the 2nd round should our o-line be addressed.

jomo
03-17-2013, 05:45 PM
I really hope so man, every position on this team right now is at least "respectable" except our o-line which hasn't been addressed at all during FA. That leads me to think the draft will be exclusively reserved for o-line.

I'd be fine with not drafting o-line in the first round if the BPA is something else, but no later than the 2nd round should our o-line be addressed.+1 so long as we pick up 2 - 3 OL between the remaining FA period and the draft who can provide real help this year if needed..............otherwise things are shaping up very nicely IMO. Go Blue!!

ANON837
03-17-2013, 05:51 PM
I will reserve any optimism about the offense until that OL is shored up. Nothing derails an offense faster than a leaky front 5 with a statue for a QB. Poor QB play comes in at a razor thin second.

CowboysSuck
03-17-2013, 05:51 PM
lets just hope Andrew Brown signs a deal with us.

And lets not overplay Wilson. The kid is too good to be the out right starter (no seriously). If David Wilson has an incredible break-out year or two we will have to break the ****in bank for him in a couple years. Lets keep the 60/40 Wilson/Brown,whoever else split in order to sign Wilson to a reasonable deal in 2 years time.

CowboysSuck
03-17-2013, 05:54 PM
And I'd also like to add that Im extremely excited about the offense this year. (well, I am every year it seems)

....but then the season starts and cue in the 3-and-outs the entire first half of every game. Its like a primed-up Mercedes with no gas in the tank.

egyptian420
03-17-2013, 05:57 PM
I will reserve any optimism about the offense until that OL is shored up. Nothing derails an offense faster than a leaky front 5 with a statue for a QB. Poor QB play comes in at a razor thin second.Agreed, if Eli is forcing dumb passes under pressure because our o-line can't block, get ready for a 30TD-24INT year.

Rudyy
03-17-2013, 05:59 PM
Agreed, if Eli is forcing dumb passes under pressure because our o-line can't block, get ready for a 30TD-24INT year.And then the board will implode.

demoskratos
03-17-2013, 06:02 PM
Yeah, having Nicks back next year healthy will take some pressure off the line as well.

By the way, are you Greek?

No, Irish and Italian, lol.

DarkSaint
03-17-2013, 06:45 PM
Hopefully if Nicks isnt healthy Randle will be able to step in and give them production as the X receiver if he cant this offense will still struggle. if Nicks is hobbled or unhealthy, I hope our coaching staff is smart enough not to repeat last years mistake and actually lets the healthy bodies play.

egyptian420
03-17-2013, 06:45 PM
And then the board will implode.We'll get the 3 F's: Fire Coughlin, fire Fewel, fire Gilbride

I just hope we don't get those after week 1...

Rudyy
03-17-2013, 06:47 PM
We'll get the 3 F's: Fire Coughlin, fire Fewel, fire GilbrideI just hope we don't get those after week 1...HA book it.

Sean Montemayor
03-17-2013, 08:19 PM
LET'S GO!!!!!

Sean Montemayor
03-17-2013, 08:19 PM
We gonna whoop some a** this year!!!

gmen0820
03-17-2013, 09:40 PM
No, Irish and Italian, lol.Ah, gotcha. What's the meaning of your username, is it your name?

gmen0820
03-17-2013, 09:42 PM
In Greek it means "People" and "Nation," hence Democracy: Power to the people, essentially.

CowboysSuck
03-17-2013, 09:45 PM
I think Demoskratos is a term used to describe the idea of a true direct democracy. i.e. not the "democracy" we think we as Americans have. But one actually run by the people, not run by rich representatives, who, themselves become electable due to their inherited class, wealth, connections etc..

...i think thats right

Conclusion

GO GIANTS

G-Men Surg.
03-18-2013, 03:28 AM
The 1 pick will probably replace Diehl. Brewer, snee, and boothe can deal with the rest. Hopefully the rest of the the draft is dedicated to D.
Well said.

G-Men Surg.
03-18-2013, 03:29 AM
We gonna whoop some a** this year!!!
That's the spirit !