PDA

View Full Version : With all these signings expect some big news soon about restructures/cuts real soon

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Most likely restructures just not in the negative aspect people often think when they hear restructure. Not expecting any more cuts at this point. Not serious ones anyway.

I believe before FA even started we only had about $1.5 million and we've been busy little bees since then signings a number of players.

Still more work to be done as well.

GentleGiant
03-16-2013, 09:26 PM
Diehl?

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 09:27 PM
Diehl?

Absolutely, they said it was in the works so it's bound to come out sooner or later. Not a chance he stays at that price. Either he takes a pay cut or gets cut.

Diehl alone won't fix our cap issues though.

We still need $4,614,587 to sign our draft picks as well don't forget.

TCHOF
03-16-2013, 10:21 PM
Absolutely, they said it was in the works so it's bound to come out sooner or later. Not a chance he stays at that price. Either he takes a pay cut or gets cut.

Diehl alone won't fix our cap issues though.

We still need $4,614,587 to sign our draft picks as well don't forget.

So you think that we are going to cut our starting RT?

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 10:24 PM
So you think that we are going to cut our starting RT?

Diehl is not nor would he be our starting RT but no he's good depth if he takes a huge pay cut. If not, he's gone.

TCHOF
03-16-2013, 10:27 PM
Diehl is not nor would he be our starting RT but no he's good depth if he takes a huge pay cut. If not, he's gone.

He is absolutely our starting RT right now. Locklear sustained a horrific injury and is not healthy and Brewer could not beat Diehl out last year. Mosley and McCants might be the 2 worst football players to walk the earth.

Drez
03-16-2013, 10:27 PM
Well, it we were under the cap before today, so we just need to clear room for the day's signings.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 10:28 PM
Well, it we were under the cap before today, so we just need to clear room for the day's signings.

We weren't to our knowledge.

We were $1.5 million under before FA started. We've been very busy.

miked1958
03-16-2013, 10:29 PM
Absolutely, they said it was in the works so it's bound to come out sooner or later. Not a chance he stays at that price. Either he takes a pay cut or gets cut.Diehl alone won't fix our cap issues though.We still need $4,614,587 to sign our draft picks as well don't forget.here. I will post what I learned in another thread about this issue...

Originally Posted by miked1958 Reason I ask is we were just discussing in another thread where the money will come from to sign Boothe and the Draft class (4.6M+needed) We only were about 1.5 over signing Mundy, and resigning rivers. Where would all this money come from?

Answer: Posted by Drez, yesterday afternoon:
We'll be getting some extra money come June. Pat Traina believes that Bradshaw and Canty are going to be designated as post-June 1 cuts, which means their accelerated cap hits get spread over 2 years, instead of just this year. That should free up almost enough to sign our draft class. If we can get Diehl to take a pay cut, and maybe make another move or two (possibly get Rolle to take a cut, extend Eli, etc.), then we'll have more than enough.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 10:30 PM
He is absolutely our starting RT right now. Locklear sustained a horrific injury and is not healthy and Brewer could not beat Diehl out last year. Mosley and McCants might be the 2 worst football players to walk the earth.

I got news for you, Brewer is who they want to be the starting RT 1000000000000% over Diehl. If anything Diehl would slide to LG.

Looks like we're going to draft our O-line.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 10:32 PM
here. I will post what I learned in another thread about this issue...

Originally Posted by miked1958 Reason I ask is we were just discussing in another thread where the money will come from to sign Boothe and the Draft class (4.6M+needed) We only were about 1.5 over signing Mundy, and resigning rivers. Where would all this money come from?

Answer: Posted by Drez, yesterday afternoon:
We'll be getting some extra money come June. Pat Traina believes that Bradshaw and Canty are going to be designated as post-June 1 cuts, which means their accelerated cap hits get spread over 2 years, instead of just this year. That should free up almost enough to sign our draft class. If we can get Diehl to take a pay cut, and maybe make another move or two (possibly get Rolle to take a cut, extend Eli, etc.), then we'll have more than enough.

Oh, I'm well aware of all our options to free up cap room, it's just we don't know what they have planned.

Drez
03-16-2013, 10:33 PM
We still need $4,614,587 to sign our draft picks as well don't forget.If Bradshaw and Canty were designated as post-June 1 cuts, then their cap hits get spread over 2 years instead of just this year. That will free up a couple mil right there.

TCHOF
03-16-2013, 10:34 PM
I got news for you, Brewer is who they want to be the starting RT 1000000000000% over Diehl. If anything Diehl would slide to LG.

If Brewer is such a slam dunk to start at RT, why hasn't Diehl been cut? Why couldn't Brewer beat Diehl out last year?

I got news for you, Brewer blows monkey ****s and the front office knows it. That's why Diehl is still here.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 10:34 PM
If Bradshaw and Canty were designated as post-June 1 cuts, then their cap hits get spread over 2 years instead of just this year. That will free up a couple mil right there.
Right but we don't know this for sure.

Would be great if that's the case.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 10:37 PM
If Brewer is such a slam dunk to start at RT, why hasn't Diehl been cut?

I got news for you, Brewer blows monkey ****s and the front office knows it. He will not be our starting RT next year.

Lol, ok buddy.

Diehl hasn't been cut because he's been with us for yearsss and he's still serviceable in their eyes. He's a good depth signing for CHEAP. IF he does not agree to a pay cut he's gone.

You haven't a clue what Brewer can do.

Why don't you just trust the organization on this one...

TCHOF
03-16-2013, 10:38 PM
Lol, ok buddy.

Diehl hasn't been cut because he's been with us for yearsss and he's still serviceable in their eyes. He's a good depth signing for CHEAP. IF he does not agree to a pay cut he's gone.

You haven't a clue what Brewer can do.

Why don't you just trust the organization on this one...

Why don't you give us all a "clue" as to what Brewer can do, and explain exactly what you base it on.

I am trusting the organization on this one -- they are holding onto Diehl until they find a starting RT because they know Brewer is garbage.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 10:42 PM
Why don't you give us all a "clue" as to what Brewer can do, and explain exactly what you base it on.

I am trusting the organization on this one -- they are holding onto Diehl until they find a starting RT because they know Brewer is garbage.

So if Brewer was garbage why is he on the roster still?

We know why Diehl is still on the roster because he's versatile and would still be good depth.

You really think David Diehl is the plan for our starting RT in 2013.... just wow

TCHOF
03-16-2013, 10:45 PM
So if Brewer was garbage why is he on the roster still?

We know why Diehl is still on the roster because he's versatile and would still be good depth.

You really think David Diehl is the plan for our starting RT in 2013.... just wow

Didn't say that he was the plan. Neither of us know what the plan is.

All I know is that as of right now, he is the starting RT on the NY Giants. And IMO if the FO believed that Brewer was a slam dunk to be the starting RT next year, Diehl would be gone.

What do you have to support your opinion that the FO believes that Brewer will be the starting RT next year?

BlessedinBlue22
03-16-2013, 10:48 PM

Actually against the Ravens they had Brewer playing RG when Snee went down. Diehl was still at RT..he looked real good at RG Bradshaw ran for three straight 10+ yd gains and he pulls and moves well for a big man. Watch him pull @2:03:00...Brewer comes in at 1:57:55.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4LG3s-ON-s

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 10:51 PM
Didn't say that he was the plan. Neither of us know what the plan is.

All I know is that as of right now, he is the starting RT on the NY Giants. And IMO if the FO believed that Brewer was a slam dunk to be the starting RT next year, Diehl would be gone.

What do you have to support your opinion that the FO believes that Brewer will be the starting RT next year?
No, Diehl would not be cut because he's still valuable at a bargain price yet you continue to say that.

No one said Brewer was a slam dunk either, you did. Every Giants beat reporter has said Brewer is the plan and they like him.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 10:53 PM
Actually against the Ravens they had Brewer playing RG when Snee went down. Diehl was still at RT..he looked real good at RG Bradshaw ran for three straight 10+ yd gains and he pulls and moves well for a big man. Watch him pull @2:03:00...Brewer comes in at 1:57:55.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4LG3s-ON-s

Diehl is a liability at RT, he will not be playing RT next season unless someone gets injured.

We also aren't going to move Snee from RG, that doesn't make any sense.

TCHOF
03-16-2013, 10:53 PM
No, Diehl would not be cut because he's still valuable at a bargain price yet you continue to say that.

No one said Brewer was a slam dunk either, you did. Every Giants beat reporter has said Brewer is the plan and they like him.

What is Diehl's bargain price? It is my understanding that he hasn't even restructured or taken a pay cut yet.

You're going to have to show me where every Giants reporter has said that the plan next year at RT is Brewer, because I have not seen that.

LayLow
03-16-2013, 10:54 PM

Looks like we're going to draft our O-line. I think they feel Brewer is more suited as a Guard.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 10:55 PM
What is Diehl's bargain price? It is my understanding that he hasn't even restructured or taken a pay cut yet.

You're going to have to show me where every Giants reporter has said that the plan next year at RT is Brewer, because I have not seen that.

Diehl's "restructure" is in the works. Hopefully he takes nothing more than the vet min.

TCHOF
03-16-2013, 10:58 PM
Diehl's "restructure" is in the works. Hopefully he takes nothing more than the vet min.

So the "bargain price" you refer to does not even exist yet.

I look forward to you supplying the links supporting your claim that "every Giants beat reporter" has said that it is the Giants plan to start Brewer at RT.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2013, 11:00 PM
So the "bargain price" you refer to does not even exist yet.

I look forward to you supplying the links supporting your claim that "every Giants beat reporter" has said that it is the Giants plan to start Brewer at RT.
What do you lie under a rock? Diehl IS going to take a pay cut.

I'm no longer going to humor you about Brewer. Go do some research.

LayLow
03-16-2013, 11:02 PM

You're going to have to show me where every Giants reporter has said that the plan next year at RT is Brewer, because I have not seen that. LOL. I must have missed where they all claimed he was the plan as well.

TCHOF
03-16-2013, 11:04 PM
What do you lie under a rock? Diehl IS going to take a pay cut.

I'm no longer going to humor you about Brewer. Go do some research.

You said that the Giants haven't cut Diehl because they have him at a bargain price, which is not true.

Then you said that "every Giants beat writer" has said that it is the Giants plan to start Brewer at RT, which is also not true.

It appears that it is you that needs to do some research.