PDA

View Full Version : question for you guys.

FishinTheSalt
03-16-2013, 11:16 PM
Was our lack of adjusments on defense during games this past season perrys fault or the fact that we just didnt have the personnel to make any kind of adjustments? The reason I'm asking is because I didnt see us make any halftime adjustments. If its pf thats a problem.

Opinions?

L.T.56
03-16-2013, 11:18 PM
injuries didnt help either.

FishinTheSalt
03-16-2013, 11:22 PM
I agree injuries didnt help, but we arent the only te that had injuries.

LayLow
03-16-2013, 11:31 PM
I think It was more the players fault. The DT's didn't get enough push up the middle which let to the QB step up instead of to the side where our DE's can get him.

BlueReign
03-16-2013, 11:34 PM
I also believe most of the blame is on the players. Even the worst DC in the world wouldn't leave an entire half of the field open by design. Just lots of busted coverages, poor angles and low effort (from a handful of players).

BigBlue1971
03-16-2013, 11:35 PM
i think the players took last season off! leaders like Tuck, Webby and Osi didnt help our defense at all.

thats why Osi is gone and Webby is taking a pay cut! besides that everyone is and was a year older!

L.T.56
03-16-2013, 11:36 PM
yes i agree. lots of miscommunication in the secondary. just look at the bengals game. game just starting and the bengals on offense and like the second play of the game dalton hits a very very wide open aj green for a long touchdown.

BlueBlooded1979
03-16-2013, 11:36 PM
Was our lack of adjusments on defense during games this past season perrys fault or the fact that we just didnt have the personnel to make any kind of adjustments? The reason I'm asking is because I didnt see us make any halftime adjustments. If its pf thats a problem.

Opinions?

Fewell has run a bottom half defense since he has been here. His system doesn't fit the players and the only reason they win is when the DL overcomes the scheme and poor play calling. Having an excellent DL is a fix all for any defense. When they fell off this year the rest of the defense was exposed.

blueribbon
03-16-2013, 11:37 PM
It was more like "let the other guy handle it i'm taking today off" attitude. Fatcats

ALLnygIN
03-17-2013, 12:09 AM
You gotta develop a scheme that works with the type of players you have.. That hasen't happend and we've heard players over the year hint towards that being a problem. Secondly, if your a player you have to make up for that somehow! That doesn't excuse giving up on plays, not making tackles, or committing stupid penalties.. Also, I just think there was a mix of bad attitude on the defense some wanted to be their while others didn't and you could see that on the field. I think it affected the defense overall. In fact just thinking about last year's defense is getting me irritated as i'm typing this