PDA

View Full Version : Under the radar: JR's now signed 19 FAs from other teams; Tops 13 in 2011!

GreenZone
03-17-2013, 12:23 PM
While the big names get the publicity in the daily papers, I was shocked to learn of 19 free agents already signed by Jerry Reese and the Giants. The below list is also updated in my other thread here:

List of all players Jerry Reese has lost and signed in free agency (http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?29037-List-of-alll-players-Jerry-Reese-has-lost-and-signed-in-free-agency)

It is compiled courtesy of KFFL.com, from USA Today from here:
http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=By+Team&y=2013

2013 (Partial list)

Free Agents Lost......
Free Agents signed.....

Martellus Bennet - TE (to Chi)
Curtis Painter - QB (from Bal)

Chris Canty - DL (to Bal)
Kris Adams - WR (from Ind)

Will Blackmon - CB (to Sea)
Louis Murphy - WR (from Car)

Kenny Phillips - SS (to Phi)
Jamie Childers - TE (from StL)

Brandon Myers - TE (from Oak)

Josh Brown - K (from Cin)

David Buehler - K (from Dal)

Jake Rogers - K (from Dal)

Chris Degeare - T (from Ten)

Michael Jasper - T (from Ten)

Bryant Browning - G (from Cle)

Bobby Skinner - DL (from Det)

Cullen Jenkins - DT (from Phi)

Dan Connor - LB (from Dal)

Buddy Jackson - CB (from Was)

Trumaine McBride - CB (from Jax)

Aaron Ross - CB (from Jax)

David X. Caldwell - SS (from Ind)

Ryan Mundy - FS (from Pit)

And even more surprising is that it is 19 gained to this point with only four players from the 2012 roster being signed by other teams.

Does Jerry have a set of mirrors, doing all this with no money?

Let's discuss the details of some of these players under the radar. What do we / should we know about them?

njersey
03-17-2013, 12:26 PM
While the big names get the publicity in the daily papers, I was shocked to learn of 19 free agents already signed by Jerry Reese and the Giants. The below list is also updated in my other thread here:

List of all players Jerry Reese has lost and signed in free agency (http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?29037-List-of-alll-players-Jerry-Reese-has-lost-and-signed-in-free-agency)

It is compiled courtesy of KFFL.com, from USA Today from here:
http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=By+Team&y=2013

2013 (Partial list)

Free Agents Lost......

Free Agents signed.....

Martellus Bennet - TE (to Chi)

Curtis Painter - QB (from Bal)

Chris Canty - DL (to Bal)

Kris Adams - WR (from Ind)

Will Blackmon - CB (to Sea)

Louis Murphy - WR (from Car)

Kenny Phillips - SS (to Phi)

Jamie Childers - TE (from StL)

Brandon Myers - TE (from Oak)

Josh Brown - K (from Cin)

David Buehler - K (from Dal)

Jake Rogers - K (from Dal)

Chris Degeare - T (from Ten)

Michael Jasper - T (from Ten)

Bryant Browning - G (from Cle)

Bobby Skinner - DL (from Det)

Cullen Jenkins - DT (from Phi)

Dan Connor - LB (from Dal)

Buddy Jackson - CB (from Was)

Trumaine McBride - CB (from Jax)

Aaron Ross - CB (from Jax)

David X. Caldwell - SS (from Ind)

Ryan Mundy - FS (from Pit)

And even more surprising is that it is 19 gained to this point with only four players from the 2012 roster being signed by other teams.

Does Jerry have a set of mirrors, doing all this with no money?

Let's discuss the details of some of these players under the radar. What do we / should we know about them?

Canty was released.

Old Giant
03-17-2013, 12:33 PM
If the list is correct, it should be an interesting competition for the kickers.

GreenZone
03-17-2013, 12:34 PM
Canty was released.

True. But he became a free agent, so technically he wasn't "Lost"

BROADWAYSTORM
03-17-2013, 12:34 PM
All teams sign fringe NFL players in February before free agency to bring to camp. Usually 2nd or 3rd year players who haven't quite made it to the NFL yet and sometimes they hit on some guys. A good example is Stevie Brown last year who had played 2 years in the league for Oakland and I forgot who else but was not really given a chance because he was a low round pick. Of the free agents you mentioned guys that will definitely make the Roster are the kicker Josh Brown, Jenkins, Myers, Connor, Murphy (maybe) and probably Ross because he knows the system and we seem to always get banged up at CB. The rest of the guys are camp bodies and I'm pretty sure one them turns into a player. Hopefully one of the linemen because I don't really see a lot there although Trumaine McBride if he has anything left in the tank can probably help this secondary with Depth. Certainly better than guys like Michael Coe for sure. P.S. Curtis Painter had some talent but was thrown to the wolves as a rookie in Indy when Peyton went down. He could potentially be a goood developmental backup QB.

blueribbon
03-17-2013, 03:55 PM
Reese's Pieces

http://www.candymachines.com/images/bulk_candy/reeses_pieces_11030.jpg

mikeq6722
03-17-2013, 03:58 PM
True. But he became a free agent, so technically he wasn't "Lost"

Youre completely missing the point.

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
03-17-2013, 04:27 PM
All teams sign fringe NFL players in February before free agency to bring to camp. Usually 2nd or 3rd year players who haven't quite made it to the NFL yet and sometimes they hit on some guys. A good example is Stevie Brown last year who had played 2 years in the league for Oakland and I forgot who else but was not really given a chance because he was a low round pick. Of the free agents you mentioned guys that will definitely make the Roster are the kicker Josh Brown, Jenkins, Myers, Connor, Murphy (maybe) and probably Ross because he knows the system and we seem to always get banged up at CB. The rest of the guys are camp bodies and I'm pretty sure one them turns into a player. Hopefully one of the linemen because I don't really see a lot there although Trumaine McBride if he has anything left in the tank can probably help this secondary with Depth. Certainly better than guys like Michael Coe for sure. P.S. Curtis Painter had some talent but was thrown to the wolves as a rookie in Indy when Peyton went down. He could potentially be a goood developmental backup QB.

LOL