PDA

View Full Version : Are we done?

giantcarll
03-17-2013, 12:33 PM
Do you think we are done with FA's and if so do we now start focusing back on pay cuts and getting money for the draft?Seeing that the tender is in on Cruz only thing we can do with that is sit back a wait to see what happens next with him.

Carter.525
03-17-2013, 12:35 PM
1- get a deal done with Cruz
2- focus on draft
3- maybe add another FA O-linemen

darrin99
03-17-2013, 12:40 PM
We still need to find a Guard (Boothe or Slauson), and possibly a Right Tackle unless they think Jack Brewer is the answer. ....And I know I'm in the minority, but I will not be shocked if Osi is back. It's obvious he is not getting a long term deal or big payday from anyone. He could be back in blue with a 1 year deal for a lot less than he made last season.

KATKAVAGE75
03-17-2013, 12:49 PM
We still need to find a Guard (Boothe or Slauson), and possibly a Right Tackle unless they think Jack Brewer is the answer. ....And I know I'm in the minority, but I will not be shocked if Osi is back. It's obvious he is not getting a long term deal or big payday from anyone. He could be back in blue with a 1 year deal for a lot less than he made last season.

I would really what Boothe back. He played well last year. Hope we can get a three year deal done w/ him

darrin99
03-17-2013, 01:00 PM
I would really what Boothe back. He played well last year. Hope we can get a three year deal done w/ him
I'd be happy with Boothe back or Matt Slauson. I thought Slauson played very well last year on the awful Jets' line.

RoanokeFan
03-17-2013, 01:02 PM
I would like to see a veteran Olineman considered for a short term deal IF there is one out there. But otherwise I hope that we address the Oline early on in the draft for both a RT, LG, and depth.

RoanokeFan
03-17-2013, 01:03 PM
I'd be happy with Boothe back or Matt Slauson. I thought Slauson played very well last year on the awful Jets' line.

I hope Boothe signs with us, but it's a competitive environment for his services so we're going to have to wait and see.

NYGiantsFan56
03-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Yes we are for the most part except for the following:
1. Lock up Cruz
2. Resign Boothe or an adequate replacement
3. Keep Bradshaw and Osi on your radar

giantcarll
03-17-2013, 01:12 PM
After all these signings what do we have left to try to sign Boothe?The only way is to do more pay cuts right?Cruz is tendered so that is a wait n see right now.

RoanokeFan
03-17-2013, 01:14 PM
After all these signings what do we have left to try to sign Boothe?The only way is to do more pay cuts right?Cruz is tendered so that is a wait n see right now.

There are surely more cuts to come. No sense doing them until you know how much you need.

darrin99
03-17-2013, 01:15 PM

Expect David Diehl to be cut or a major paycut clearing up some space. I also have a feeling Rolle will be given an ultimatum.

RoanokeFan
03-17-2013, 01:18 PM
Expect David Diehl to be cut or a major paycut clearing up some space. I also have a feeling Rolle will be given an ultimatum.

They have already asked him to restructure and he's thinking about it. Either he does or he goes and I like Diehl. But he has to come to grips with his true value and make some adjustments.

AGiantDynasty
03-17-2013, 01:19 PM
Why does everyone keep saying to get a deal done with Cruz? We already have a deal set for him.

He will get tendered and paid 2.7 million this season and will extend his conract during the season.

We don't need to give him his long term deal right now.

RoanokeFan
03-17-2013, 01:27 PM
Why does everyone keep saying to get a deal done with Cruz? We already have a deal set for him.

He will get tendered and paid 2.7 million this season and will extend his conract during the season.

We don't need to give him his long term deal right now.

Except for the fact that the Giants have already made him a long term offer so they must think otherwise.

cornerback30
03-17-2013, 01:40 PM
We aren't exactly outta the water even if Cruz signs long term.The Giants still wanna lock down Nicks and JPP to longer deals,ad with the cap issues already at hand,Reese will still need to make some hard decisions,either this year or next.