PDA

View Full Version : David Douglas

CowboysSuck
03-17-2013, 09:32 PM
Preface
With the imminent departure of Victor Cruz:

Argument
I know it doesnt say much that he couldnt make the cut over Barden and some other WR's in last years camp, but..

Last I heard was Tampa signed him and he ended up on the PS

..And now with the possibility of losing Cruz, Barden, and Hixon, do any of you think we would bring him back to camp? The kid made some impressive plays last summer and reminded me of a Wes Welker/Victor Cruz kinda guy.

other than that, I've scanned the 'net and cant seem to find any news on the guy (which is probably a bad thing for him) but does anyone know anything? I would love for the Giants to give this kid a shot at the 53 again

Flip Empty
03-17-2013, 10:00 PM
Well according to this board the Cowboys were going to sign him and make him a star the instant the Giants dropped him.

Drez
03-17-2013, 10:27 PM
Who is to say that Cruz' departure is imminent?

gabriel_1
03-17-2013, 10:29 PM
Isn't he on the Bucs? I'm pretty sure that they got him, I could be wrong though.

Drez
03-17-2013, 10:32 PM
Isn't he on the Bucs? I'm pretty sure that they got him, I could be wrong though.I was about to say that. I'm pretty sure he's still a Buc.

miked1958
03-17-2013, 10:32 PM
I was hoping him and DePalma would be like amendola and Edelman

GentleGiant
03-17-2013, 11:18 PM
Yeah no.

G-Men Surg.
03-18-2013, 03:39 AM
Where the hell is David at ? Lost his tracks for a while.

NorwoodBlue
03-18-2013, 08:50 AM
It looks like it's going to be Nicks, Cruz, Randle, and Jerrnigan plus at least one more WR for 2013. I really don't see Douglas as having any more chance to make the team this year than he did last. I think the new wide out will be either ridiculously fast, or just plain f'ing big. Someone to either have deep ball potential and to return kicks, or a tall body to go up after the end zone fade route. Douglas is neither of those guys. If they don't find some youngster to fill the fifth spot then realistically, you'll probably see an older FA come in and fill in the fifth WR slot. Somebody hoping for a shot at a ring late in his career most likely.

blueribbon
03-18-2013, 09:04 AM
It looks like it's going to be Nicks, Cruz, Randle, and Jerrnigan plus at least one more WR for 2013. I really don't see Douglas as having any more chance to make the team this year than he did last. I think the new wide out will be either ridiculously fast, or just plain f'ing big. Someone to either have deep ball potential and to return kicks, or a tall body to go up after the end zone fade route. Douglas is neither of those guys. If they don't find some youngster to fill the fifth spot then realistically, you'll probably see an older FA come in and fill in the fifth WR slot. Somebody hoping for a shot at a ring late in his career most likely.

Louis Murphy

teaneck
03-18-2013, 09:06 AM
Bucs picked him off waivers mid season.

miked1958
03-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Louis Murphyyea I guess he hasn't heard of the Murphy signing yet

Drez
03-18-2013, 10:17 AM
It looks like it's going to be Nicks, Cruz, Randle, and Jerrnigan plus at least one more WR for 2013. I really don't see Douglas as having any more chance to make the team this year than he did last. I think the new wide out will be either ridiculously fast, or just plain f'ing big. Someone to either have deep ball potential and to return kicks, or a tall body to go up after the end zone fade route. Douglas is neither of those guys. If they don't find some youngster to fill the fifth spot then realistically, you'll probably see an older FA come in and fill in the fifth WR slot. Somebody hoping for a shot at a ring late in his career most likely.Height is the most overrated trait for going up for a fade pass. The ability to track a ball and attack it at its highest point are significantly more important than height.

CowboysSuck
03-18-2013, 10:29 AM

usually we have at minimum 6 WR on the final 53.

...right now we have 6 (if Cruz stays and Hixon and Barden both leave). A lot of if's right now. I think Louis Murphy is a great signing.

Reason I bring this up is because a lot of people on this MB think Cruz is this god-like talent who plays the slot as good as Fitzgerald plays the outside. D.Doug could come in here if Cruz leaves, and who knows what happens after another impressive camp (their stories would sound damn similar)

Drez
03-18-2013, 11:09 AM
usually we have at minimum 6 WR on the final 53.

...right now we have 6 (if Cruz stays and Hixon and Barden both leave). A lot of if's right now. I think Louis Murphy is a great signing.

Reason I bring this up is because a lot of people on this MB think Cruz is this god-like talent who plays the slot as good as Fitzgerald plays the outside. D.Doug could come in here if Cruz leaves, and who knows what happens after another impressive camp (their stories would sound damn similar)Cruz does play the slot as well as Fitz plays the outside. The problem is when people think that Cruz can play the outside almost as well as Fitz or that playing the slot is worth as much as playing the outside.