PDA

View Full Version : Any chance AB comes back?

TroyArcher
03-18-2013, 10:28 AM
I know the cap is stretched but it would be nice to see him fuinish his career as a Giant.

Toadofsteel
03-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Maybe, if no other team picks him up, he'd be like Blackburn... That said, we have a lot of RB signed right now (Wilson, Brown, Scott, Torain)... might be a situation of if he's on the couch and we lose two of those 4, he gets a special phone call...

RoanokeFan
03-18-2013, 10:29 AM
I don't think it will happen, but he will alays be welcomed back to retire as a GIANT

CowboysSuck
03-18-2013, 10:31 AM
speaking the topic,

Whats the deal with Jacobs? He still in football? Im sure he will sign a career-ending deal to retire a Giant

titwio
03-18-2013, 10:32 AM
Hope so. If Ahmad was used strictly as a 3rd down back he'd be a huge asset to the team. Not only would it keep him more fresh and cut down the workload for his feet but....he would provide a much needed spark off the bench and be better than anything they have as far as blocking is concerned.

If they can acquire him money wise for that role then I'd be all for it. I doubt he wants that though....he probably wants to go somewhere where he's gets a larger role and a bigger contract.

ryan12
03-18-2013, 10:37 AM
there is a thread about this every other day NO he isnt coming back

RoanokeFan
03-18-2013, 10:38 AM
Hope so. If Ahmad was used strictly as a 3rd down back he'd be a huge asset to the team. Not only would it keep him more fresh and cut down the workload for his feet but....he would provide a much needed spark off the bench and be better than anything they have as far as blocking is concerned.

If they can acquire him money wise for that role then I'd be all for it. I doubt he wants that though....he probably wants to go somewhere where he's gets a larger role and a bigger contract.

That would be like saddling up the horse to watch the race. I think that would eat him alive.

B&RWarrior
03-18-2013, 10:40 AM
If AB goes to Pittsburgh he'll have success. They have a good run blocking line.

titwio
03-18-2013, 10:43 AM
That would be like saddling up the horse to watch the race. I think that would eat him alive.

I agree I don't think he'd want that role. They used him like that in the last game of the year against Philly though and he went off. You could just see him bubbling on the sidelines....He looked GREAT though. Reminded me of when he was used late in games when they had Jacobs and Ware ahead of him on the depth chart.

RoanokeFan
03-18-2013, 10:47 AM
I agree I don't think he'd want that role. They used him like that in the last game of the year against Philly though and he went off. You could just see him bubbling on the sidelines....He looked GREAT though. Reminded me of when he was used late in games when they had Jacobs and Ware ahead of him on the depth chart.

Heart like that is a very rare commodity

Kruunch
03-18-2013, 10:53 AM
I know the cap is stretched but it would be nice to see him fuinish his career as a Giant.

Little to none I'd think ... another team will give him $2-3M/year (is my guess). I don't think we'd give him more than vet minimum right now.

BigBlue wins
03-18-2013, 10:57 AM
I haven't read this thread, but it seems he could go to Steelers/Packers

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151468/article/packers-steelers-have-interest-in-ahmad-bradshaw

titwio
03-18-2013, 11:02 AM
Heart like that is a very rare commodity

Bradshaw has been my favorite player on the team since he came on as a rookie. His heart and toughness was the main reasons why. You are very correct when you say it's rare. I believe a lot of people are going to realize this when he's gone this season.

BigBlue wins
03-18-2013, 11:03 AM
Bradshaw has been my favorite player on the team since he came on as a rookie. His heart and toughness was the main reasons why. You are very correct when you say it's rare. I believe a lot of people are going to realize this when he's gone this season.

David Wilson has a big heart too...I mean, we all remember tear gate

Drez
03-18-2013, 11:04 AM
Not very likely, no.

Drez
03-18-2013, 11:06 AM
Bradshaw has been my favorite player on the team since he came on as a rookie. His heart and toughness was the main reasons why. You are very correct when you say it's rare. I believe a lot of people are going to realize this when he's gone this season.No one ever questioned his heart or toughness (or that we'll miss it). However, he just hasn't been a very effective runner the past couple of seasons.

titwio
03-18-2013, 11:10 AM
David Wilson has a big heart too...I mean, we all remember tear gate

I was a big advocator of David Wilson pre-draft last year as well. Those Virginia kids are tough as nails. I thought him a Bradshaw would be tag teaming the league together.

BigBlue1971
03-18-2013, 11:11 AM
the Giants know Bradshaws history with his ankle, feet and whatever other ailments he may have!

based on that i think they only bring AB back at a significant reduced salary!

in this offense Wilson and Brown are both more effective than Bradshaw at this point!

i doubt he comes back. if he does he prolly ends up #3 on the depth chart!

titwio
03-18-2013, 11:18 AM
No one ever questioned his heart or toughness (or that we'll miss it). However, he just hasn't been a very effective runner the past couple of seasons.

I don't understand how he was "ineffective". He played through injury and averaged 4.6 yards per and ran for over 1k yards while missing 3 games. His last impression he left on the Giants was 16 carries/ 107 yards/ 6.7 ypc/ 1TD/ 1 reception 41 yards. David Wilson was the starter that game and played well with 15 carries for 75 yards at 5 yards per. But that wasn't even in the ball ballpark of AB's performance.

I'm sorry....are Giants fans spoiled or something? Where is the ineffectiveness??

Buddy333
03-18-2013, 11:23 AM
Been hoping for it since he was cut, but they drafted Wilson and Scott the past two seasons and if Brown is healthy he is good too. Never know though. They carried 4 RB's two years ago.

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
03-18-2013, 11:31 AM
No because it's obvious he didn't like being taken out of games for Wilson. He wants to be a starter somewhere, and that somewhere isn't in NY.

BigBlue wins
03-18-2013, 11:32 AM
Been hoping for it since he was cut, but they drafted Wilson and Scott the past two seasons and if Brown is healthy he is good too. Never know though. They carried 4 RB's two years ago.

In 2008 we had the three headed running monster behind a powerful run blocking group. I cant remember the giants being as effective in recent memory with rushing. I'm talking strictly regular season games of course.

We have the runners, but not the blockers...I really am crossing my fingers that we can return to that kind of offense again.

RoanokeFan
03-18-2013, 11:39 AM
I was a big advocator of David Wilson pre-draft last year as well. Those Virginia kids are tough as nails. I thought him a Bradshaw would be tag teaming the league together.

Now it will be Brown and Wilson

titwio
03-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Now it will be Brown and Wilson

I have high hopes for Andre. Hopefully he stays healthy....I think he's a great compliment to Wilson's style.

embeshAtYa
03-18-2013, 11:50 AM
I really think Andre Brown will be our starter to begin the season.

darrin99
03-18-2013, 12:17 PM
I think the only chance AB comes back is if he's still unemployed come training camp and god forbid something serious happens to Wilson or Brown.

RoanokeFan
03-18-2013, 12:31 PM
No because it's obvious he didn't like being taken out of games for Wilson. He wants to be a starter somewhere, and that somewhere isn't in NY.

May not be anywhere

RoanokeFan
03-18-2013, 12:32 PM
I really think Andre Brown will be our starter to begin the season.

I think that's right but I don't like the "starter" label. I think he will get more carries to start the season.

gmen2117
03-18-2013, 02:44 PM
No chance he comes back as 3rd on the depth chart...just not his personality

BigBlueAllDay
03-18-2013, 05:00 PM
I think the chances of Bradshaw coming back are very slim to none, considering how fast him and Boley got cut right off the bat in the offseason with no negotiation for a paycut or anything and just taking the dead money hit.

joemorrisforprez
03-18-2013, 05:53 PM

For everyone's sake, I hope the answer is no.

Reese drafted Wilson #1 for a reason....unfortunately his OC didn't get the memo, and if AB came back next year, it would be at Wilson's expense.

So, no.

dilorernzo
03-18-2013, 06:18 PM
I don't think bradshaw's pride would let him come back in a reduced roll ...he's not old, and he did average close 5 yards a carry last year !!

fansince69
03-18-2013, 06:32 PM
Heart like that is a very rare commodityI think it was Strahan that said pound for pound he was the toughest guy hed ever seen

dilorernzo
03-18-2013, 06:35 PM
I know the patriot defensive players said jacobs did all the talking, but bradshaw was much tougher to bring down !!

TroyArcher
03-21-2013, 03:53 PM
there is a thread about this every other day NO he isnt coming back

Thanks Mr. Reese.

uther99
03-21-2013, 09:21 PM
No, there's a reason no team has signed him yet.

Flip Empty
03-22-2013, 02:48 AM
I know the patriot defensive players said jacobs did all the talking, but bradshaw was much tougher to bring down !!
Yeah he's still like that. His legs don't stop moving until he's legally down. No quit.