PDA

View Full Version : One thing everyone keeps forgetting(including me) the top 51 contracts rule

NYG4lifeNYK
03-18-2013, 07:05 PM
Players with 4 or more years of experience who sign basic bare-bones veteran contracts will only count $555,000 against the cap even though they make more than that ($715 K, $840 K, or $940 K).

So we are still under the salary cap... I figured we restructured some players behind the scenes which allowed us to be so active.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-18-2013, 07:10 PM
To my knowledge we signed 5+ players to veteran minimum contracts just recently.

Dan Connor
Keith Rivers
Ryan Mundy
Louis Murphy
Aaron Ross

Most likely Trattou, Tracy and others as well.... will try to compile a complete list.

Morehead State
03-18-2013, 07:12 PM
Players with 4 or more years of experience who sign basic bare-bones veteran contracts will only count $555,000 against the cap even though they make more than that ($715 K, $840 K, or $940 K).

So we are still under the salary cap... I figured we restructured some players behind the scenes which allowed us to be so active.
Restructures are always public.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-18-2013, 07:15 PM
So I looked over our players and other than possibly Bear Pascoe... I think that's it for now?

Louis Murphy
Ryan Torain
Shaun Rogers
Justin Trattou
Adrian Tracy
Aaron Ross
Dan Connor
Keith Rivers
Ryan Mundy

Did I miss anyone?

NYG4lifeNYK
03-18-2013, 07:16 PM
Restructures are always public.

What I mean is, I figured we news would come out this week that we restructured a few players.

Morehead State
03-18-2013, 07:30 PM
What I mean is, I figured we news would come out this week that we restructured a few players.
Well I don't think that can happen. But it's a small point.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-18-2013, 07:33 PM
Well I don't think that can happen. But it's a small point.

I don't believe they have to announce it the same day unless rules have changed. I know they cant make a signing putting them over the cap without moving some contracts around.

I'm just glad we're still under at this point. We've made some headway this free agency.

Morehead State
03-18-2013, 07:38 PM
I don't believe they have to announce it the same day unless rules have changed. I know they cant make a signing putting them over the cap without moving some contracts around.

I'm just glad we're still under at this point. We've made some headway this free agency.
We've had some good, depth oriented and good value picks, but we've failed to address the O line in any way.

CowboysSuck
03-18-2013, 07:41 PM
So I looked over our players and other than possibly Bear Pascoe... I think that's it for now?

Louis Murphy
Ryan Torain
Shaun Rogers
Justin Trattou
Adrian Tracy
Aaron Ross
Dan Connor
Keith Rivers
Ryan Mundy

Did I miss anyone?

Rivers signed for vet. minimum? hmm

Not a bad list though. Expect half of them not to make the final 53

NYG4lifeNYK
03-18-2013, 07:41 PM
We've had some good, depth oriented and good value picks, but we've failed to address the O line in any way.

Oh for sure but I don't think Reese is a fool Morehead.

Let's give him More credit than that :)

He learned his lesson from last season. We will sure up that O-line this season don't you worry. Fret not, chap. lol. Have a feeling this is gong to be one of our best drafts ever.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-18-2013, 07:43 PM
Rivers signed for vet. minimum? hmm

Not a bad list though. Expect half of them not to make the final 53

Yup, great signing if he can stay healthy. If he can't, still a good signing. No risk.

I expect the bold to make the roster.

Louis Murphy
Ryan Torain
Shaun Rogers
Justin Trattou
Adrian Tracy
Aaron Ross
Dan Connor
Keith Rivers
Ryan Mundy