PDA

View Full Version : GM's Perspective of 1st round pick for Cruz

luni
03-18-2013, 08:23 PM
If you check out this video and skip to 2:06 of the video http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-giants

They have the Jets Ex GM and the other guy talk about weather Cruz is worth a first round pick. I think they make valid points.

Let me know what you think.

Roosevelt
03-18-2013, 08:31 PM
i think there's a reason the GM is out of a job.

bigjeep
03-18-2013, 08:33 PM

Roosevelt, you always come through with those one liners!

luni
03-18-2013, 08:33 PM
It just gives a little hope that there are no number 1 WRs in the draft that may make this sweet for another team to pick up on is all. its def. not gaurnteed but it at least has some positives.

WinterIsComing
03-18-2013, 08:41 PM
If I'm a GM with 2 1st round picks I would be all over this. Even though the Vikings signed Jennings, I think they should still make a move after Cruz as well. Jennings + AP + Cruz and they have a legitimate shot to win the NFC north.

TheAnalyst
03-18-2013, 08:51 PM
If I'm a GM with 2 1st round picks I would be all over this. Even though the Vikings signed Jennings, I think they should still make a move after Cruz as well. Jennings + AP + Cruz and they have a legitimate shot to win the NFC north.Even without 2 picks in the first, if I was in the bottom half of the draft and plenty of cap space, I'd make this offer in half a second.

BigBlueAllDay
03-18-2013, 09:18 PM
If I'm a GM with 2 1st round picks I would be all over this. Even though the Vikings signed Jennings, I think they should still make a move after Cruz as well. Jennings + AP + Cruz and they have a legitimate shot to win the NFC north.

Except the Vikings are gonna go nowhere in the playoffs with Ponder at QB in my opinion.

Captain Chaos
03-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Do you really need to spend the first round pick on a WR with what we have already?

quan the don
03-18-2013, 09:53 PM
I personally love Tavon Austin.

Sovereign
03-18-2013, 09:56 PM
I personally love Tavon Austin.

A talent like Tavon would require us to sue him craftily like how the Packers use Randall Cobb or how the Saints use Sproles when he's a receiver. Killdrive is not that creative and Taovn would waste away here.

Do you really need to spend the first round pick on a WR with what we have already?

Uhh yes. Nicks is almost guaranteed to lose a couple games because of injury.

JJC7301
03-19-2013, 12:59 AM
If I'm a team with just 1 first-round pick and in need of a young and talented WR and have the cap space, I try to sign him. I like to accumulate draft picks myself, but they don't always pan out and you know what you're getting with Cruz -- top quality depth.

I don't even see what the issue is. I wouldn't have an issue with giving up our 1st rounder to sign Cruz if he were on an another team and we had the cap space.

G-Men Surg.
03-19-2013, 01:02 AM
Good one buddy, my thoughts exactly.

miked1958
03-19-2013, 01:04 AM
Doesn't seem like many teams are willing to give up their pick