PDA

View Full Version : Reese was on Sirius/MTC earlier (No Cruz info) - per BBI

NYG4lifeNYK
03-18-2013, 08:59 PM
Reese was on Sirius/MTC earlier (No Cruz info) Racer (http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=5&handle=Racer) : 3:48 pm

PK and TRock asked him who starts at left guard, his first response was "we can do some things in the draft", and then made a general comment like they can "play with some veterans on the roster".

Murphy: Jeremiah Davis (Exec. Scout) calls him a 'knife'. Really will take the top off defenses now, and be a big help to Nicks and (hopefully) Cruz.

Adrien Robinson: Expects him to use his 280lb frame as "the big TE". Didn't mention anything about getting downfield, but commented about some amazing things he flashed in practice last year. 280??

Myers: "QB Friendly", "Quiet 80 catches/going to be a big help in the pass game", "He's played a lot"...he said the latter to underscore the fact they haven't usually given Pope guys with a lot of experience to work with.

Beatty: Good young player on the rise and wanted to get that done before free agency started.

Wouldn't comment on Cruz contract situation because it was 'inappropriate', but praised VC as a person/player. Funny, they re-played his comments on the 2min update... zero-info on Victor beat out Jake Long signing with STL.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=467684

NYG4lifeNYK
03-18-2013, 09:02 PM
Interesting to hear Robinson is freaking 280 lbs already........ holy.... JPP of TE's no kidding :D

Interesting note about Murphy signing.. Who was that saying that Murphy wasn't going to see any time? :)

Exactly what I thought.

L.T.56
03-18-2013, 09:04 PM
just look at videos of robinson when he played college football. he's freakishly huge for a tight end. that could be some weapon for them in the future.

Drez
03-18-2013, 09:05 PM
Interesting to hear Robinson is freaking 280 lbs already........ holy.... JPP of TE's no kidding :D

Interesting note about Murphy signing.. Who was that saying that Murphy wasn't going to see any time? :)

Exactly what I thought.You should probably wait until Murphy is on the 53 man roster before gloating about it.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-18-2013, 09:06 PM
You should probably wait until Murphy is on the 53 man roster before gloating about it.

Would you like to place a friendly wager? :popcorn:

I don't have a single doubt that he is on this team this upcoming season.

Drez
03-18-2013, 09:07 PM
Would you like to place a friendly wager? :popcorn:

I don't have a single doubt that he is on this team this upcoming season.I have no opinion on Murphy one way or the other. But gloating about how much playing time the kid is going to get before he is even assured of a roster spot is rather foolhardy.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-18-2013, 09:09 PM
I have no opinion on Murphy one way or the other. But gloating about how much playing time the kid is going to get before he is even assured of a roster spot is rather foolhardy.

I'm simply echoing and agreeing with what an executive scout said.

darrin99
03-18-2013, 09:12 PM
Murphy has done nothing since he was a rookie. I hope he turns out to be "a knife".

NYG4lifeNYK
03-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Murphy has done nothing since he was a rookie. I hope he turns out to be "a knife".

Geez... you don't have to be so cut and dry about it.

RoanokeFan
03-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Reese was on Sirius/MTC earlier (No Cruz info) Racer (http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=5&handle=Racer) : 3:48 pm

PK and TRock asked him who starts at left guard, his first response was "we can do some things in the draft", and then made a general comment like they can "play with some veterans on the roster".

Murphy: Jeremiah Davis (Exec. Scout) calls him a 'knife'. Really will take the top off defenses now, and be a big help to Nicks and (hopefully) Cruz.

Adrien Robinson: Expects him to use his 280lb frame as "the big TE". Didn't mention anything about getting downfield, but commented about some amazing things he flashed in practice last year. 280??

Myers: "QB Friendly", "Quiet 80 catches/going to be a big help in the pass game", "He's played a lot"...he said the latter to underscore the fact they haven't usually given Pope guys with a lot of experience to work with.

Beatty: Good young player on the rise and wanted to get that done before free agency started.

Wouldn't comment on Cruz contract situation because it was 'inappropriate', but praised VC as a person/player. Funny, they re-played his comments on the 2min update... zero-info on Victor beat out Jake Long signing with STL.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=467684

The whole interview was posted earlier

Flip Empty
03-18-2013, 09:16 PM
25 receptions from 60 targets last season. More of a ladle than a knife.

I don't even know what that means.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-18-2013, 09:19 PM
The whole interview was posted earlier

Sorry, must of missed the thread. You can merge it.

giantsfan420
03-19-2013, 12:24 AM
yea i didnt get why there was the uproar about the comment that hes a deep threat...it seemed those people think jr will just bring some one in for no reason. i knew of this kid bc i watched that oakland pitt game on cbs in 2009 where he single handedly beat pitt with amazing play....very excited to see this kid. only thing, it will cut down some of rr's snaps but its ok cuz both will contribute a ton imho. murphy was such a great under the radar jr signing...