PDA

View Full Version : Would you take Myers over Bennett?

GentleGiant
03-18-2013, 11:18 PM
Pretend you had to choose between the 2.

Rudyy
03-18-2013, 11:18 PM
Bennett as of now because I haven't really seen Myers play.
Hopefully Myers can produce!

Flip Empty
03-18-2013, 11:20 PM
If money wasn't an issue, no.

jomo
03-18-2013, 11:44 PM
Yes from any perspective.

darrin99
03-18-2013, 11:47 PM
If money doesn't factor in, I'd probably rather have Bennett.
In real world scenario, I'm happier with Myers and his contract, than I'd be with Bennett and the contract he got from the Bears.

Buddy333
03-18-2013, 11:47 PM
Bennett is a great blocker so he has the edge.

G-Men Surg.
03-18-2013, 11:48 PM
Myers is a Giant and Benett is gone. I already moved foward.

YATittle1962
03-18-2013, 11:50 PM
Myers is more of a threat in the passing game which helps the running game as much if not more than an extra blocker

plus Pope will improve his blocking for sure

WinterIsComing
03-18-2013, 11:57 PM
Meyers every time. Bennett proved to be average at best, his blocking wasn't even as good as advertised. Meyers will be a force in our system and will wind up being our long term solution at TE, by the time this year has ended.

giantyankee1976
03-19-2013, 12:40 AM
All I know is Coughlin likes/ prefers TEs that block, and block well...

I hope Myers can block, outside that Pascoe might see an uptick in his minutes.

JJC7301
03-19-2013, 12:44 AM
Everything being equal I'd rather have Bennett because he was a very good blocker and a good receiver. Myers may be the better receiver, but sounds like he's got a ways to go with blocking. When you through in the contracts, I'd rather have Myers and his 3/4 of his contract being voidable because I don't want to pay a TE what Bennett got paid.

EJ Blue
03-19-2013, 12:46 AM
Black unicorn. He had so much potential :(

memfist.ten
03-19-2013, 03:37 AM
+1

ELI_Iz_God
03-19-2013, 04:05 AM
If money doesn't factor in, I'd probably rather have Bennett.
In real world scenario, I'm happier with Myers and his contract, than I'd be with Bennett and the contract he got from the Bears.

you can't really compare the two....the difference between Palmer throwing to Myers and Eli throwing to Myers is like night and day

Flip Empty
03-19-2013, 04:59 AM
you can't really compare the two....the difference between Palmer throwing to Myers and Eli throwing to Myers is like night and day
Eli hasn't even thrown to Myers yet, what are you talking about?

StrahanSoup92
03-19-2013, 06:16 AM
Umm, you take Bennet, obviously. Hes already had success here, and Myers hasnt shown anything really, despite what posters here say. Ive watched a ton of footage on this guy, and yeh he has some speed. I havnt seen anything else that would make me take him over Bennet, or half the other TEs in teh league for that matter. Hopefully he does well, but his highlights havnt shown me much more than decent speed.

Now, having said that, Bennet wanted too much money, and it was right to let him go.

Captain Chaos
03-19-2013, 06:59 AM
Moot point; but if I had my choice I would take Bennett....

TCHOF
03-19-2013, 07:20 AM
If money is equal you would take Bennett, but the money wasn't equal so . . . . .

nycsportzfan
03-19-2013, 07:45 AM
I'd take Myers, because i think he'll play well and consistently for us , and i don't beleive Bennett's best yr was anything more then knowing he needed it to get a payday and he'll be right back to his lazy, underachieving ways with Chicago.. Myers is blue-collared(no pun intenided) and will be a beast in the pass offense, making up any lack of blocking ability, which isn't as bad as some think anyways..

Mercury
03-19-2013, 09:23 AM
The biggest difference I see is than Bennett had one year of experience to build on. But I don't think that's worth the extra money, especially as financially tight as we have to be this year.

Also, now that he got his contract, I doubt Bennett's going to work as hard as he did last year.

Toadofsteel
03-19-2013, 09:32 AM
Meyers every time. Bennett proved to be average at best, his blocking wasn't even as good as advertised. Meyers will be a force in our system and will wind up being our long term solution at TE, by the time this year has ended.

That's because he had to help freaking Diehl all the time. That said, I love the myers signing, for the price of each respective contract...

TAILGATIN'
03-19-2013, 09:37 AM
I will have a better idea next season:)
I will say I'm not upset w the way things worked out w the TEs whatsoever

Buddy333
03-19-2013, 09:37 AM
Has Meyers ever had questionable work ethic? True or false Bennett has.

DaKraken
03-19-2013, 09:38 AM
Black Unicorn but the price wasn't right

Carter.525
03-19-2013, 09:38 AM
I'm honestly more excited about Myers this year than I was Bennett last year.. but I like them both

rebelfan1966
03-19-2013, 10:00 AM
Well, seeing that Bennet said Chicago was where he wanted to play all along.... I would lean toward Myers. That said, I really need to see him play a season. I hope we don't go from a Black Unicorn to a White Donkey... lol

BuffyBlueII
03-19-2013, 10:08 AM

I think Eli is the better QB but it is not the difference between night and day. Carson Palmer is a damn good QB that threw for over 4,000 yards in 2012.

TCHOF
03-19-2013, 10:09 AM
I think Eli is the better QB but it is not the difference between night and day. Carson Palmer is a damn good QB that threw for over 4,000 yards in 2012.

Palmer was awful in 2012. That's why you can't just look at stats.

BuffyBlueII

So was Eli Manning.

ryan12
Myers is a Giant and Benett is gone. I already moved foward.

+1

BuffyBlueII
03-19-2013, 10:11 AM
I was excited when we signed Martellus Bennett. I am more excited about signing Brandon Myers but the thing I am concerned about is if he gets used properly. Hopefully, he is used as the receiving threat that he is and they don't limit his time because he is not a great blocker.

BuffyBlueII
03-19-2013, 10:13 AM

Eli had an awful year in 2012 also. I am not debating that Carson Palmer is as good as Eli, no. Eli is the better QB but the difference in Carson Palmer throwing to Brandon Myers as oppossed to Eli Manning throwing to Brandon Myers is not night and day, it is a good bit closer than that.

TCHOF
03-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Eli had an awful year in 2012 also. I am not debating that Carson Palmer is as good as Eli, no. Eli is the better QB but the difference in Carson Palmer throwing to Brandon Myers as oppossed to Eli Manning throwing to Brandon Myers is not night and day, it is a good bit closer than that.

Well, you're just wrong because you obviously didn't watch Palmer play last year, you are just looking at his numbers. His play last year was not even close to Eli's . . . . and he hasn't been a "damn good QB" for several years.

titwio
03-19-2013, 10:18 AM
Bennett is bigger, taller and the more physical better blocking TE. Myers looks to be the more reliable receiver with better hands and route running. I haven't seen Myers a full year on the Giants yet but if I had to choose I'd take Bennett. I've always prefered tall TE's around 6'5 or 6'6. Bennett all around covers most of the bases of what you look for in a TE....height, size, athleticism, physicality, blocking etc...

I reserve the right to change judgement though after I see Myers play a full season in NY.

drewz
03-19-2013, 10:20 AM
Bennett is bigger, taller and the more physical better blocking TE. Myers looks to be the more reliable receiver with better hands and route running. I haven't seen Myers a full year on the Giants yet but if I had to choose I'd take Bennett. I've always prefered tall TE's around 6'5 or 6'6. Bennett all around covers most of the bases of what you look for in a TE....height, size, athleticism, physicality, blocking etc...

I reserve the right to change judgement though after I see Myers play a full season in NY.

I agree with all this. With the sorry state of the offensive line, I'll take a physical TE that can add as much as possible to the blocking game.

GameTime
03-19-2013, 10:25 AM
Never heard of Myers before this week to be honest. I couldnt make a sound call on this one. But after watching some film of Myers I think he will be a good fit.
My problem with Bennet is I think the guy has focus issues and is not 100% present all the time. While he had a very good year last season I think his mind is always someplace else.

BuffyBlueII
03-19-2013, 10:44 AM
Well, you're just wrong because you obviously didn't watch Palmer play last year, you are just looking at his numbers. His play last year was not even close to Eli's . . . . and he hasn't been a "damn good QB" for several years.

I did watch him play and I watched Eli play. If you think Eli had a good year last season then you didn't watch him play. Eli's numbers last season were as misleading as Carson's were. Eli Manning and Carson Palmer had comporable years in 2012.

Flip Empty
03-19-2013, 10:49 AM
Palmer's stats were padded by the Raiders' remarkable consistency at falling behind early in games and winding up in garbage time by the bottom of the third. Much of Palmer's (and in turn, Myers') production came from playing against prevent-type schemes.

I guess it makes sense that Palmer flourished in garbage time, because, well... he's pretty much garbage.

BuffyBlueII
03-19-2013, 11:18 AM
Palmer's stats were padded by the Raiders' remarkable consistency at falling behind early in games and winding up in garbage time by the bottom of the third. Much of Palmer's (and in turn, Myers') production came from playing against prevent-type schemes.

I guess it makes sense that Palmer flourished in garbage time, because, well... he's pretty much garbage.

Eli's stats weren't padded in the last game against Philly or the game against NO?

It is amazing how every other QB in NFL is subject to the harshest scrutiny and yet when any type of criticism is cast on Eli, it is completely discounted. Heck, it wasn't even criticism, I just claimed that the deffierence between Eli and Carson is not night and day as another poster stated it was and suddenly there is an issue. Too funny. I am stating this and I am one of Eli's biggest supporters. However, I am going to call it like I see it. There is no way that I will ever use Eli's performance in 2012 season to put down another QB. Eli was bad in 2012. Whatever other problems we had on the team and we had a lot, the bottom line is that if Eli would have come through in a couple critical situations, we would have made the playoffs. Is it fair to place so much blame on him? Maybe not but we praise him when he comes through so it is only fair.

BuffyBlueII
03-19-2013, 11:19 AM
Actually, we can go one further. Brandon Myers was healthy last year and he had a better year than Martellus Bennet did. Also, the difference between Eli Manning and Carson Palmer in 2012 was not night and day.

BigBlue wins
03-19-2013, 11:21 AM
I'll let you know OP when the season is about midway through

nycsportzfan

I reserve the right to change judgement though after I see Myers play a full season in NY. Yet, Bennett only showed up for the first time in his career last season when it was clear as day he needed the season to be good if he ever was gonna get a solid payday.. Meaning, let Bennett go be a underachiver now that he got paid in Chicago instead of in NY... Myers will play hard all the time, and make so many clutch big catches, he'll be a huge fan favorite..

Rudyy
Eli's stats weren't padded in the last game against Philly or the game against NO? It is amazing how every other QB in NFL is subject to the harshest scrutiny and yet when any type of criticism is cast on Eli, it is completely discounted. Heck, it wasn't even criticism, I just claimed that the deffierence between Eli and Carson is not night and day as another poster stated it was and suddenly there is an issue. Too funny. I am stating this and I am one of Eli's biggest supporters. However, I am going to call it like I see it. There is no way that I will ever use Eli's performance in 2012 season to put down another QB. Eli was bad in 2012. Whatever other problems we had on the team and we had a lot, the bottom line is that if Eli would have come through in a couple critical situations, we would have made the playoffs. Is it fair to place so much blame on him? Maybe not but we praise him when he comes through so it is only fair.OK. Eli throwing to Myers is better than Palmer throwing to Myers. Who cares what happened in 2012.

YATittle1962
03-19-2013, 11:25 AM

Myers is about the same size as Shockey
and his blocking is getting a bad rap around here for some reason.....he is not the worst blocking TE in the league
he is no Heath Miller or Tony Gonzalez........but coach Pope is a great coach and will have this kid blocking for sure .

I can all but guarantee you his work ethic will outshine Bennett

watch how everyone jumps on his jock by week 3

he will fit this scheme nicely

great pick up

BuffyBlueII
03-19-2013, 11:26 AM
OK. Eli throwing to Myers is better than Palmer throwing to Myers. Who cares what happened in 2012.

Its just that folks are now expecting Myers to explode because Eli is so much better than Carson and they are going to act dissapointed if that doesn't happen. Carson Palmer is not incompetent. He is a good QB that found Myers and if we get the same season out of Brandon Myers in 2013 that he had in 2012 then we should be very, very happy and it will be an upgrade from Bennet.

Zaggs
03-19-2013, 11:28 AM
A second year with Eli and the offense? Only an idiot would choose Myers over Bennett.

Zaggs
03-19-2013, 11:30 AM
Yet, Bennett only showed up for the first time in his career last season when it was clear as day he needed the season to be good if he ever was gonna get a solid payday.. Meaning, let Bennett go be a underachiver now that he got paid in Chicago instead of in NY... Myers will play hard all the time, and make so many clutch big catches, he'll be a huge fan favorite..

Did you ever think Bennett didn't get much of a chance as he was behind Witten for his entire time in Dallas and in NY was his first time as a first string TE?

Rudyy
Its just that folks are now expecting Myers to explode because Eli is so much better than Carson and they are going to act dissapointed if that doesn't happen. Carson Palmer is not incompetent. He is a good QB that found Myers and if we get the same season out of Brandon Myers in 2012 that he had in 2013 then we should be very, very happy and it will be an upgrade from Bennet.I'm not entirely sure if he's going to put up crazy numbers like everyone says, but Eli is better than Palmer lol 2012 sucked for Eli but it doesn't matter anyway. Not saying Palmer is Sanchez but yeah.

Flip Empty
Eli's stats weren't padded in the last game against Philly or the game against NO?

It is amazing how every other QB in NFL is subject to the harshest scrutiny and yet when any type of criticism is cast on Eli, it is completely discounted. ...
The only thing I was discounting was the suggestion that Carson Palmer is "a damn good QB". That is patently untrue. You only need watch him to see that.

I never even mentioned Eli. It wasn't about him.

Kruunch
03-19-2013, 11:31 AM

If money didn't factor into it. I'd keep Bennett. He has a year in our system, did well in it and can block better than Myers.

However I think Myers will do just fine.

DaFrenchy
03-19-2013, 11:32 AM
Bennett for sure, the guy can block.
But glad to have Myers for this price, good deal Reese.

titwio
03-19-2013, 11:32 AM
Yet, Bennett only showed up for the first time in his career last season when it was clear as day he needed the season to be good if he ever was gonna get a solid payday.. Meaning, let Bennett go be a underachiver now that he got paid in Chicago instead of in NY... Myers will play hard all the time, and make so many clutch big catches, he'll be a huge fan favorite..

That's a good point. I guess we'll see now that MB has cashed in. Don't really see Cutler targeting him too much with Marshall, Jefferey and Earl Bennett anyway. Think he'll be used more as a blocker and check down guy over there.

GameTime
03-19-2013, 11:33 AM
A second year with Eli and the offense? Only an idiot would choose Myers over Bennett.
if Myers has a season like Bennet did last year are you the idiot then???.......:rolleyes:

titwio
03-19-2013, 11:38 AM
and his blocking is getting a bad rap around here for some reason.....he is not the worst blocking TE in the league
he is no Heath Miller or Tony Gonzalez........but coach Pope is a great coach and will have this kid blocking for sure .

great pick up

I was one of the guys who defended his blocking around here. He was supposedly good at it at Iowa. I think Pope may be able to get more out of him in that department....but I don't think there's a question that Bennett was the more physical, better blocking TE.

I think Myers will fit the scheme well too because he runs good routes and gives the Giants another option on 3rd downs if Cruz gets taken away. It some ways he reminds me of Jason Witten in the way he has a knack of finding soft spots in coverage and sitting in them.

Zaggs
03-19-2013, 11:39 AM
if Myers has a season like Bennet did last year are you the idiot then???.......:rolleyes:

Is he going to block as well as Bennett? Bennett has better physical skills and can stretch a defense more than Myers can. Myers will have to learn the offense just like Bennett did last year. If the O-line continues to stink it up it will highlight Myers not being as good of a blocker as Bennett.

xRick52x
03-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Myers is more of a threat in the passing game which helps the running game as much if not more than an extra blocker

I'm with Tittle. Pope is an excellent TE coach and Myers will fit in just fine.

GameTime
03-19-2013, 12:07 PM
Is he going to block as well as Bennett? Bennett has better physical skills and can stretch a defense more than Myers can. Myers will have to learn the offense just like Bennett did last year. If the O-line continues to stink it up it will highlight Myers not being as good of a blocker as Bennett.
I guess we will find out......Bennet had a good year but its not like we let a TE like Graham walk for example.
If Bennet can learn the offense I have no doubt Myers can.

Zaggs
03-19-2013, 12:20 PM
I guess we will find out......Bennet had a good year but its not like we let a TE like Graham walk for example.
If Bennet can learn the offense I have no doubt Myers can.

Physically Bennett and Graham are very similar. Graham is probably a little bit faster. But height and weight they're about the same. But last year Graham's average per catch was 11.6. Bennett's, 11.4. Myers, 10.4. Both caught about 62% of the balls thrown at them, Myers was better at 73%. So its possible we did let a TE like Graham go. In 2 years we shall see.

GameTime
03-19-2013, 12:24 PM
Physically Bennett and Graham are very similar. Graham is probably a little bit faster. But height and weight they're about the same. But last year Graham's average per catch was 11.6. Bennett's, 11.4. Myers, 10.4. Both caught about 62% of the balls thrown at them, Myers was better at 73%. So its possible we did let a TE like Graham go. In 2 years we shall see.
if you are comparing Graham to Bennet then you dont really watch football.

thomsoad
03-19-2013, 12:34 PM

great pick up

Please show me the article where Bennett was shown to have a bad work ethic with the Giants?
Also the reason for his "bad rap" on blocking is due to Pro Football Focus which gets paid to do things like that.

Per PFF on Myers blocking:
He was the 53rd-ranked pass-blocking tight end in 2012. More importantly, since one would hope he would be running patterns on most pass plays, he graded out as the worst run-blocking tight end in football. His cumulative -20.4 grade was 3.3 worse than the 61st-ranked tight end and killed his overall 2012 grade (-15.8).
:

YATittle1962
03-19-2013, 01:17 PM
Please show me the article where Bennett was shown to have a bad work ethic with the Giants?

I don't need an article....I've seen his laziness with my own eyes

I have sat at Giants practice and watched Eli clap his hands at Bennett saying lets go lets go! while Bennett stood talking to the water guy with his hands on his hips and his helmet in his hand while the other 10 players were in the huddle.

I have also had extensive conversations with a close friend on the staff who used the term....and I quote....."drags ***"....about Bennett .
he also said getting Bennett going sometimes feels like waking my kids up for school

speaks volumes to me

I'll talk to you around week 3 or 4 when you are jocking Myers....see ya then

TheEnigma
03-19-2013, 01:22 PM

I have sat at Giants practice and watched Eli clap his hands at Bennett saying lets go lets go! while Bennett stood talking to the water guy with his hands on his hips and his helmet in his hand while the other 10 players were in the huddle.

I have also had extensive conversations with a close friend on the staff who used the term....and I quote....."drags ***"....about Bennett
he also said getting Bennett going sometimes feels like waking my kids up for school

speaks volumes to me

From what you have said, it seems safe to assume that Bennett never really had much of a long term future here like fans were hoping. Reese and the rest of the FO knew how risky it could be handing a guy like Bennett a long-term contract when there are alarming signs of him being lazy in practice and in a contract year to top it off.

BuffyBlueII
03-19-2013, 01:44 PM
I'm not entirely sure if he's going to put up crazy numbers like everyone says, but Eli is better than Palmer lol 2012 sucked for Eli but it doesn't matter anyway. Not saying Palmer is Sanchez but yeah.Eli is better than Palmer. However in 2012, Eli and Palmer had comporable seasons. Unless Eli from 2011 shows up again, which we all hope he does, I am expecting Brandon Myers to have the same type of production he had in 2012 and I am fine with that.

G-Men Surg.
03-19-2013, 01:53 PM

I have also had extensive conversations with a close friend on the staff who used the term....and I quote....."drags ***"....about Bennett .

speaks volumes to me

Either fans like it or not that's a FACT. Bennett took plays off a lot during the season and in some occasions his effort seemed short. The Giants don't make long term commitments with this kind of players, never had and never will.

GameTime
03-19-2013, 02:04 PM

speaks volumes to me

I can see this as being true for sure. I dont have access to the Giants practices or know anyone who does but I have been saying since the first time I heard Bennet speak in a n intervieww that he has some sort of social disorder (Aspbergers or somewhere on the ADD specturm)that he cannot focus on something for more than a few minutes and he def goes to the beat of his own drummer for sure.

BigBlue wins
03-19-2013, 02:05 PM

speaks volumes to me

Interesting...thanks

thomsoad
03-19-2013, 02:24 PM

speaks volumes to me

Hey if you have some kind of insider knowledge then more props to ya. Ive just personally never read a bad article about the guy since he came here last year. I was hoping for more insight as to why Reese would go with a guy like Myers instead of Bennett outside of the price difference.

GameTime
03-19-2013, 02:26 PM
Hey if you have some kind of insider knowledge then more props to ya. Ive just personally never read a bad article about the guy since he came here last year. I was hoping for more insight as to why Reese would go with a guy like Myers instead of Bennett outside of the price difference.
if what YA said was on point then you dont need any more info. Thats says enough. He wasnt worth to the Giants the salary he wanted.

TCHOF
03-19-2013, 03:32 PM
Interesting...thanks

+1

I remember before last season, he made available a video of himself to show how hard he was working to get ready for last season. When I watched it, it looked like he was loafing to me. I remember thinking at the time that this guy thinks he's working really hard, but he's not . . . what does that say about his ususal effort level?

Did you see his rookie season on Hard Knocks? Garrett was literally assigned to follow the guy around and kick him in the shorts every few minutes to keep him motivated. Guys like that don't suddenly become hard workers . . . .

pino
03-19-2013, 03:45 PM
Bennett is the better TE, but that is not what you asked. I would take Myers because Bennett moved on and I'm supporting my new Giant TE. Let's do this!

Drez
03-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Outside of the highlight video that was posted and his stat line from last year, I really don't know enough about Myers to make an educated choice. So, I guess to play the game, I'll go with the devil I know instead of the one I don't.

However, I have every expectation that Myers will do very well here.

BuffyBlueII
03-19-2013, 03:58 PM
The only thing I was discounting was the suggestion that Carson Palmer is "a damn good QB". That is patently untrue. You only need watch him to see that.

I never even mentioned Eli. It wasn't about him.

However the previous post you quoted was in a direct response to a post that was based on comparing the two.

Carson Palmer is a damn good QB.

Drez
03-19-2013, 04:19 PM
However the previous post you quoted was in a direct response to a post that was based on comparing the two.

Carson Palmer is a damn good QB.Palmer was a damned good QB. He is no longer.

slipknottin
03-19-2013, 04:19 PM
Bennett > Meyers.

But Meyers for his contract > Bennett for the contract he got

keyofgmen
03-19-2013, 04:25 PM

Yup

TCHOF
03-19-2013, 04:33 PM

Carson Palmer is a damn good QB.

Did you just wake up from a 5 year nap or something? Carson Plamer is nowhere near a "damn good QB"

BuffyBlueII
03-19-2013, 04:42 PM
Did you just wake up from a 5 year nap or something? Carson Plamer is nowhere near a "damn good QB"

No I haven't. Have you?

Carson Palmer is a damned good QB.

darrin99
03-19-2013, 04:48 PM

He did throw for over 4,000 yards in 15 games last season (22/14), with a QBR of 85.3. I was pretty shocked when I saw his stats weren't that awful.

TCHOF
03-19-2013, 04:49 PM
No I haven't. Have you?

Carson Palmer is a damned good QB.

Maybe if you kep saying it, it will come true.

If it works, could you please try this next:: "David Diehl is a damn good RT"??

TCHOF
03-19-2013, 04:50 PM
He did throw for over 4,000 yards in 15 games last season (22/14), with a QBR of 85.3. I was pretty shocked when I saw his stats weren't that awful.

Stats don't tell the story. He was bad.

darrin99
03-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Stats don't tell the story. He was bad.

True enough, but I had no idea his stats were as good as they were last season.

Drez
03-19-2013, 04:52 PM
True enough, but I had no idea his stats were as good as they were last season.I want to say that early on in the year, he was very quietly having the beginnings of an excellent year, then as time rolled on by he backslid.

jintsfan666
03-19-2013, 04:53 PM
Bennett has a propensity to drop balls he should catch.

Myers has shown gluey hands. Everything seems to stick.

The question is, can Pope upgrade Myers blocking skills?

If so we will see a higher level Boss//or the guy the pats stole.

darrin99
03-19-2013, 04:54 PM
If so we will see a higher level Boss//or the guy the pats stole.

I wonder what the Pats will do with him this year..

TCHOF
03-19-2013, 05:31 PM
I wonder what the Pats will do with him this year..

I'm interested to see how he fits there as well . . . .

GentleGiant
03-19-2013, 05:45 PM
Myers is about the same size as Shockey and his blocking is getting a bad rap around here for some reason.....he is not the worst blocking TE in the league he is no Heath Miller or Tony Gonzalez........but coach Pope is a great coach and will have this kid blocking for sure .I can all but guarantee you his work ethic will outshine Bennett watch how everyone jumps on his jock by week 3 he will fit this scheme nicely great pick up I still can't believe the steelers were dumb enough to not realize how good Heath miller is. This guy has been with them for years and they're just NOW taking advantage of his talents. Before last year the steelers would throw to him as if they were trying to tell the league "oh hey we have a TE" rather than actually use him.

BuffyBlueII
03-19-2013, 09:34 PM
Maybe if you kep saying it, it will come true.

If it works, could you please try this next:: "David Diehl is a damn good RT"??

Maybe you can continue to try and delude yourself that the difference between Eli throwing to Myers and Carson throwing to Myers is night and day. Maybe, just maybe one day you will believe it.

ELI_Iz_God
03-19-2013, 09:44 PM
Eli hasn't even thrown to Myers yet, what are you talking about?

so your saying the person throwing to myers makes no difference...his numbers will be the same....yeah ok that makes sense. Even though you didn't use those words..the perception was loud and clear.

ELI_Iz_God
03-19-2013, 09:49 PM

I work with 2 raiders fans that wanted Palmer buried alive....that's how much his fanbase hates him

rtlax
03-19-2013, 10:13 PM
Eli makes our tight ends look good regardless of who it is. From what I have read Meyers has better athletic ability than the Black Unicorn, if that is any indication I am happy to have Meyers. I think the Word is out in the NFL that Mike Pope is a great coach and if you are a TE in the league and want to raise your stock, Let Pope coach you and Eli throw you the Ball = profit.

Sean Montemayor
03-19-2013, 10:23 PM
Yes and No.

Sovereign
03-20-2013, 02:08 AM
Hell no. #ontothenextone

yo-ho
03-20-2013, 01:14 PM
I was hoping because Bennett was stalled behind an All-Pro in Dallas that he might be a lucky find, that rare situation of a starter talent sitting the bench. Well, after watching Bennett start for us last year, I rate him as very average. He kind of lumbered out there in his pass routes and seemed awkward catching the ball at times.

Myers looks fluid when he runs and seems to catch the ball well. Given that he had 70 catches last year, he will be a definite threat.

I think he is an upgrade.

wayoutwest
03-20-2013, 01:17 PM
I'll get back to you after a few games.

Sovereign
03-20-2013, 03:30 PM
I was hoping because Bennett was stalled behind an All-Pro in Dallas that he might be a lucky find, that rare situation of a starter talent sitting the bench. Well, after watching Bennett start for us last year, I rate him as very average. He kind of lumbered out there in his pass routes and seemed awkward catching the ball at times.

Myers looks fluid when he runs and seems to catch the ball well. Given that he had 70 catches last year, he will be a definite threat.

I think he is an upgrade.

Bennett allowed one pressure when he blocked which ties him for the best blocking TE in the league. Myers is rated the worst. There's no chance, especially in the Giants offense which prioritizes blocking over your actual job, that Myers is an upgrade.