PDA

View Full Version : #2 best play?

Turbo
03-19-2013, 12:07 AM
Did you see the top 10 miracle plays of all time on NFL.com? They have Eli's pass i the Superbowl to "Mr. Helmet" Tyree as the second best miracle play. What do you think? Too high? Too low?

Drez
03-19-2013, 12:09 AM
depends on what the number one play was?

Rudyy
03-19-2013, 12:09 AM
I wonder what was number one. Anyway, yeah..top 5 definitely.

JJC7301
03-19-2013, 12:14 AM
I'd have to see what # 1 is (probably the Immaculate Reception). Call me a homer, but I've got to go with Tyree because the 1st part of the play was Eli getting away from the sack. Looked like that was the game right there, but he gets free and not only doesn't get sacked (and lost yardage), but completes something like a 35 yard play to Tyree who's surrounded by 3 guys and pins the ball against his helmet as he's brought to the ground.

If they had put that play in a football movie 10 years ago, we would have thought it was cheesy Hollywood writing.

G-Men Surg.
03-19-2013, 12:14 AM
" The Immaculate Reception " has to be # 1.

GentleGiant
03-19-2013, 01:03 AM
To me it will always be the helmet catch. 1. It was in the SB unlike like the IR.2. The steelers didn't even win the SB that year. They went on to lose to the 72 dolphins.3. I know the IR was in the steelers dynasties year but whose to say the giants aren't on the verge of a dynasty?4. The helmet catch had more behind it; perfect team vs 10-6 WC team, Tom Brady would be the best QB ever and the patriots would have the best dynasty ever, greatest upset in NFL history.5. Guess what's better than a play that starts a dynasty(Immaculate reception)...... A play that ends one( helmet catch).

Turbo
03-19-2013, 01:56 AM
To me it will always be the helmet catch. 1. It was in the SB unlike like the IR.2. The steelers didn't even win the SB that year. They went on to lose to the 72 dolphins.3. I know the IR was in the steelers dynasties year but whose to say the giants aren't on the verge of a dynasty?4. The helmet catch had more behind it; perfect team vs 10-6 WC team, Tom Brady would be the best QB ever and the patriots would have the best dynasty ever, greatest upset in NFL history.5. Guess what's better than a play that starts a dynasty(Immaculate reception)...... A play that ends one( helmet catch).

It was indeed the immaculate reception at number 1...

ELI_HOF_NYG
03-19-2013, 02:15 AM
this thread title made me think of the movie the sitter,,,,,,your no longer my 8th best friend!

Dorothy
03-19-2013, 07:20 AM
" The Immaculate Reception " has to be # 1.

Why do you care what someone else thinks? It will always be #1in my book and I'm sure many other Giants fans.