PDA

View Full Version : Giants record in the playoffs since 2007 is 8-1

Jsilbs
03-19-2013, 12:40 AM
The problem is we only made the playoffs 3 times during that span. In 2008, trying to repeat, plax shoot's himself in the leg and shoots our season in the foot and we loss to the eagles in the playoffs at home after a bye as the number one seed.

The other year we missed the playoffs we let a 28 pt 4th quarter lead go to mike Vick and desean Jackson to essentially knocking out of the playoffs. Green bay giants the 6th seed due to our loss, runs the table.

Last year, :P

I am so proud to be a Giants fan, but cant help to think we could of had to more runs at superbowls. You only get so many chances with an elite qb. We certainly let two slip through our fingers.

Rudyy
03-19-2013, 12:41 AM
It's okay, we'll get more playoff wins and a Lombardi this year.

miked1958
03-19-2013, 12:45 AM
Very true. I felt we were cheated the year plax shot himself. We beat so many good teams that season.demolishing the ravens and in fact beating both SB teams soundly. Then the year we gave up that 28 point lead.. Well I am not so sure how far we could of made it.. Philly could of saved us an early exit

Rudyy
03-19-2013, 12:47 AM
Very true. I felt we were cheated the year plax shot himself. We beat so many good teams that season.demolishing the ravens and in fact beating both SB teams soundly. Then the year we gave up that 28 point lead.. Well I am not so sure how far we could of made it.. Philly could of saved us an early exitStill can't believe that happened. No matter how much success we have, that will always hurt.

Sean Montemayor
03-19-2013, 12:52 AM
It's okay, we'll get more playoff wins and a Lombardi this year. +1 Hell yeah!!!

Flip Empty
03-19-2013, 01:01 AM
It's only the regular season where this team struggles. Quite strange.

DandyDon
03-19-2013, 01:04 AM
The problem is we only made the playoffs 3 times during that span. In 2008, trying to repeat, plax shoot's himself in the leg and shoots our season in the foot and we loss to the eagles in the playoffs at home after a bye as the number one seed.

The other year we missed the playoffs we let a 28 pt 4th quarter lead go to mike Vick and desean Jackson to essentially knocking out of the playoffs. Green bay giants the 6th seed due to our loss, runs the table.

Last year, :P

I am so proud to be a Giants fan, but cant help to think we could of had to more runs at superbowls. You only get so many chances with an elite qb. We certainly let two slip through our fingers.

Yeah, but would you rather have made it every year and never won? Not me ;)

I dont agree that Burress being an a@# was the only reason we lost that year. But I was at that game with the 28 point lead. That left a mark...

GentleGiant
03-19-2013, 01:12 AM
**** the eagles.

JJC7301
03-19-2013, 01:17 AM
Still can't believe that happened. No matter how much success we have, that will always hurt.
It wasn't just Plax. Strahan had retired and Osi was out with an injury the entire year. Plus Shockey was traded. I didn't like Shockey, but the depth on that team if those players were on the team was phenomenal and the o-line and running game (Earth, Wind and Fire) were awesome.

What a lost opportunity. Kind of like the '89 Giants when they lost to the Rams and Flipper Anderson in the 1st round (I believe it was).

Rudyy
03-19-2013, 01:20 AM
It wasn't just Plax. Strahan had retired and Osi was out with an injury the entire year. Plus Shockey was traded. I didn't like Shockey, but the depth on that team if those players were on the team was phenomenal and the o-line and running game (Earth, Wind and Fire) were awesome.

What a lost opportunity. Kind of like the '89 Giants when they lost to the Rams and Flipper Anderson in the 1st round (I believe it was).Noo the Miracle at the Meadowlands.

Should have clarified.

miked1958
03-19-2013, 03:04 AM
Yeah, but would you rather have made it every year and never won? Not me ;)I dont agree that Burress being an a@# was the only reason we lost that year. But I was at that game with the 28 point lead. That left a mark...had to be ten times worse witnessing that in Person.

True on plax not being only reason. Defense wasnt getting any pressure whatsoever in those last four or five games

miked1958
03-19-2013, 03:05 AM
It wasn't just Plax. Strahan had retired and Osi was out with an injury the entire year. Plus Shockey was traded. I didn't like Shockey, but the depth on that team if those players were on the team was phenomenal and the o-line and running game (Earth, Wind and Fire) were awesome.What a lost opportunity. Kind of like the '89 Giants when they lost to the Rams and Flipper Anderson in the 1st round (I believe it was).yea when he caught the TD pass and just kept running up the tunnel like Forrest Gump