PDA

View Full Version : Coughlin speaks on Cruz...

StrahanSoup92
03-19-2013, 08:10 AM
On NFLAM this morning. Didnt say much, but basically that he EXPECTS and HOPES that Cruz is a NY Giant. Said Cruz knows that both he and the FO want Cruz here, and that should play a big factor in his decision making. He mentioned he feels its best for Cruz and his family to stay in NY. Thats about it.

miked1958
03-19-2013, 08:16 AM
Nothing we don't already know. He had deep Latino roots there. Grew up there. However say you grow up in a certain area and got married and were bringing ip your family in the same place. you go to work for a local company and they love you and you love hour job. you have excelled at your job over last few years and are considered a rising star in thst industry. the rival to the company you work for is going to offer you an extra 2-3 Million to do the same job you are doing for your employer now, but you have to move to the rival town you grew up hating and always competed against in HS and college in Sports. What you gonna do?

miked1958
03-19-2013, 08:19 AM
Loyalty only goes so far and then you have to draw the line when the dollar signs get to big to ignore

miked1958
03-19-2013, 08:22 AM
I grew up in an Italian neighborhood. Very similar upbringing to Latinos. Everyone is in everyone else business and over each others houses. Its all one big family. Hard for a person to leave there even for lavish surroundings. You miss it. Trust me. Hopefully this factor will tip the scales in our favor when the final decision comes down

Buddy333
03-19-2013, 08:27 AM
Not that it's going to happen, but if he was offered $2-3 million more a year the odds on him leaving than on the table because he grew up in NJ are slim. Lots of people leave for less money. With that kind of money he will be set for life and when he retires he will be able to retire a rich man in NJ if he wants to.

RoanokeFan
03-19-2013, 08:29 AM
Not that it's going to happen, but if he was offered $2-3 million more a year the odds on him leaving than on the table because he grew up in NJ are slim. Lots of people leave for less money. With that kind of money he will be set for life and when he retires he will be able to retire a rich man in NJ if he wants to.

Where is an offer going to come from?

Buddy333
03-19-2013, 08:31 AM
Where is an offer going to come from?Said its not going to happen, but if it did the chances of him not taking it are slim.

StrahanSoup92
03-19-2013, 08:36 AM
Said its not going to happen, but if it did the chances of him not taking it are slim.

I think your right on this. However, if the offer is in the 7m a year range, I dont see the Giants not matching.

Buddy333
03-19-2013, 08:39 AM
I think your right on this. However, if the offer is in the 7m a year range, I dont see the Giants not matching.Agree. Don't think they would let him walk if the numbers where in the ball park.

BigBlue wins
03-19-2013, 10:32 AM
My best guess is that Cruz will likely get a a long contract that will have higher payouts towards the end averaging between 7-8 million...

That is all I have to say...let's see what happens..Crossing my fingers we can keep this gem

Zaggs
03-19-2013, 10:35 AM
NY Post is saying he has an offer from the Giants for more than 6 mil per. If he's not signing that he's going for #1 money. But that basically means the Giants have to commit to Cruz over Nicks and hope Nicks accepts being #2 next year when its time to sign him (unless I'm misreading the Spotrac link).

TCHOF
03-19-2013, 11:26 AM
NY Post is saying he has an offer from the Giants for more than 6 mil per. If he's not signing that he's going for #1 money. But that basically means the Giants have to commit to Cruz over Nicks and hope Nicks accepts being #2 next year when its time to sign him (unless I'm misreading the Spotrac link).

Link?

Zaggs
03-19-2013, 11:39 AM
Link?

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/rams_out_of_mix_to_sign_cruz_48eW4KdKS7nxhrQC5Cwtp M

"The Giants already have an offer on the table for Cruz in excess of $6 million per season,"