PDA

View Full Version : CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!?:::BREAKING: ELI TO PRO BOWL

NYGFaninILL
12-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Confirmed via NFLN

Cruz is snubbed

jomo
12-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Via Twitter... More to follow...Good for him, well done E!

Firenugget
12-27-2011, 06:42 PM
via whos twitter?

Vtgmenfan89
12-27-2011, 06:43 PM
Good for him indeed, he deserves it this year.

Hopefully JPP gets the nod too, as well as Cruz

GiantWarfare
12-27-2011, 06:44 PM
via whos twitter?

thats what i wanna know

but if true...awesome...1 in, 2 to go

barran21
12-27-2011, 06:49 PM

JPP is out because the Giants nominated the dude in your avatar.....sickening....

IamGiantsfan
12-27-2011, 06:51 PM

JPP is out because the Giants nominated the dude in your avatar.....sickening....

he can still get in due to coach and player choice

Vtgmenfan89
12-27-2011, 06:56 PM

^This. However I know that is pretty stupid how it's only starters. Probably should change my sig sometime...I more got it cuz it's Brady on the ground being dissed in one of the greatest wins in franchise history rather than giving Osi props, he's done nothing but piss me off since he started *****ing again

GiantsYanks
12-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Via Twitter...
More to follow...

Tweet read: Congrats to daveqfitness client Eli Manning on making the #2012 #probowl

EDIT::::: MAY BE FALSE REPORT, ALL 3 TWEETS DELETED

I figured.. I searched Twitter and found no mention of anything related to this. I'm sure a Giants beat writer would have been all over this if it was true. Lets hope it is but as of right now nothing is out there.

GiantsYanks
12-27-2011, 06:58 PM

^This. However I know that is pretty stupid how it's only starters. Probably should change my sig sometime...I more got it cuz it's Brady on the ground being dissed in one of the greatest wins in franchise history rather than giving Osi props, he's done nothing but piss me off since he started *****ing again

Yea I don't that.. how is Tim Tebow on the ballot when he didn't start for the Broncos? Do teams have to update their official rosters? So are JPP and Cruz technically still back ups?

GiantWarfare
12-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Via Twitter...
More to follow...

Tweet read: Congrats to daveqfitness client Eli Manning on making the #2012 #probowl

EDIT::::: MAY BE FALSE REPORT, ALL 3 TWEETS DELETED

tbh I was very surprised because Eli was significantly trailing Cam and Stafford.

I think its a lock for Rodgers, Brees, and Cam for the NFC QBs therefore excluding Eli and Stafford...

However JPP is a Pro Bowler and if he doesnt get in, it just speaks to the insanity of this process...

But then when I look at it, Pro Bowls usually do nothing but blow up a player's ego = asking for more money = losing that chip on their shoulder

Maybe its good if none of our guys get in...lol...nah just j/k....JPP better get his props!

TheEnigma
12-27-2011, 06:59 PM
I think there going to give Stafford the nod since Detroit hasn't seen the playoffs in over 10 years. We'll see in a few minutes though.

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 06:59 PM
now i have a question, is the roster released today a combo of the fan vote/player vote/coach vote or is it just the fan vote?

also, if eli did make it, its bc coaches and players realized just how ****ing dam good he is. coaches+players>fan vote x 1000...****ing baas was leading vote getter for centers lmfao

hopefully this can be confirmed bc eli def. did deserve to go for carrying a team on his shoulders to the chance at the post season. not many players, maybe a few elite qb's could have been on this roster we've fielded and given us a legit shot at the post season

giantsfan39
12-27-2011, 07:01 PM

Yea I don't that.. how is Tim Tebow on the ballot when he didn't start for the Broncos? Do teams have to update their official rosters? So are JPP and Cruz technically still back ups?

Yes. Cruz is technically a backup because the Giants base offense is 2 WR, 1 FB, 1 RB and 1 TE. Teams like the Saints can have 3 WRs up for nomination because their base offense is 3 WR, 1 RB and 1 TE.

fletch842
12-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Good for Eli. He's had a marvelous year, and deserves it.

jax5338
12-27-2011, 07:04 PM
i think hell make it as an alternate regardless because brees or rodgers will be playing in the super bowl and/or too beat up from NFC championship game to play

GiantWarfare
12-27-2011, 07:05 PM
woooooo! Eli's in!!!

And JPP! (although its sickening that they put Babin as a starter)

Cruz got snubbed

DemandedAce
12-27-2011, 07:07 PM
About damn time!!

TheEnigma
12-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Gratz to Eli and JPP!

Sucks for Cruz but he'll start getting recognition soon enough. I do wonder though if he perhaps didn't get coach and player votes because of benefiting from Nicks receiving majority of the double teams this year.

That said, San Francisco leads the NFC with 8 Pro Bowlers. Didn't expect that.

I'm also glad to see no one from our team being on that roster who shouldn't be (Rolle, Snee, or O'Hara :))

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Eli has been great this year but the Pro Bowl is a joke and says nothing to the player Eli is or any player for that matter.

TheEnigma
12-27-2011, 07:10 PM
woooooo! Eli's in!!!

Cruz got snubbedLet's be honest here...Babin has 18 sacks because he has Trent Cole on the other side haha.

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 07:21 PM
now i have a question, is the roster released today a combo of the fan vote/player vote/coach vote or is it just the fan vote?

also, if eli did make it, its bc coaches and players realized just how ****ing dam good he is. coaches+players>fan vote x 1000...****ing baas was leading vote getter for centers lmfao

hopefully this can be confirmed bc eli def. did deserve to go for carrying a team on his shoulders to the chance at the post season. not many players, maybe a few elite qb's could have been on this roster we've fielded and given us a legit shot at the post season

yup as i thought, eli made it bc the players and coaches know how much he means to a team about to fight for the playoffs. elis carried THE TEAM on his back, literally. well done eli and jpp got it too

giantyankee1976
12-27-2011, 07:28 PM
if true, congrats Eli, you do deserve it !!! [B]

I agree about Cruz though, definitely should have been voted in, I just don't remember seeing him as a choice ?[^o)]

egyptian420
12-27-2011, 07:31 PM
Yea its official, hes 3rd after Rodgers and Brees

bigblue58
12-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Confirmed via NFLN

Cruz is snubbed

I couldn't give a tinkers damn about the Pro Bowl!!

Mod_C
12-27-2011, 07:56 PM
woooooo! Eli's in!!!

Cruz got snubbed

Cruz is a second alternate, as is Snee