PDA

View Full Version : whaaa...?

tcseacliff
03-19-2013, 12:50 PM
I am not a football maven at all so maybe you guys can enlihten me, but why this guy at all?

really https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/313760258029912065

Zaggs
03-19-2013, 12:51 PM
He has experience and the only backup under contract is Curtis Painter whose only claim to the NFL is being Peyton's backup and I believe was out of football last year.

tcseacliff
03-19-2013, 12:55 PM
thought he was gone or coaching!

mikeq6722
03-19-2013, 12:57 PM
Because hes still a pretty decent quarterback, would make a great backup. He signed with the Colts yesterday as soon as he was released.

BigBlue wins
03-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Have you seen our OLINE?

With the way they've been playing, Eli will need a backup...I've been worried about Eli getting protection and risking injury.

Hasselback isn't a bad option, you have to figure too Carr might be getting antsy too...Has he ever played for even a half of a regular season game? At least Hasselback has played full time with the Seahawks...who beat us if you remember (ugh sorry but it just proves my point that he is a good back up)

GameTime
03-19-2013, 01:18 PM
Eli goes down they are done anyway. I would like Hassleback better then Carr.
Carr has happy feet if he takes more than a three step drop no matter what is happening. The guy is permently shell shocked,

Kruunch
03-19-2013, 01:21 PM
He's a good veteran quarterback and an excellent backup? Just spit ballin.

tcseacliff
03-19-2013, 01:25 PM
I thought Carr was a good back up. why spend more money now? (this is why I like this forum) to learn stuff!:beer:

Kruunch
03-19-2013, 01:28 PM
I thought Carr was a good back up. why spend more money now? (this is why I like this forum) to learn stuff!:beer:

I think Carr wanted more money then we'd give Hasselbeck. Plus, I think Carr thinks he can still start in this league (just my gut feeling).

And Hasselbeck is a better quarterback then Carr should the impossible happen and Eli is forced to miss a snap.

titwio
03-19-2013, 01:28 PM
Hasselbeck is a Colt.

tcseacliff
03-19-2013, 02:44 PM
always about the benjamins!

Zaggs
03-19-2013, 02:47 PM
Carr is back.

Drez
03-19-2013, 02:58 PM
I think Carr wanted more money then we'd give Hasselbeck. Plus, I think Carr thinks he can still start in this league (just my gut feeling).

And Hasselbeck is a better quarterback then Carr should the impossible happen and Eli is forced to miss a snap.And a couple hours later Carr signs for vet min, lol.

But, I agree(d) with everything you said.

Kruunch
03-19-2013, 02:59 PM
And a couple hours later Carr signs for vet min, lol.

But, I agree(d) with everything you said.

Think Carr read my post? :confused:

nycsportzfan
03-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Hasselbeck is better then Carr and the best left outta all the wack FA qb's for the most part.. I really can't believe anyone would knock him, as a backup?? Crazy..

Drez
03-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Think Carr read my post? :confused:You never know, lol.

Drez
03-19-2013, 03:13 PM
Hasselbeck is better then Carr and the best left outta all the wack FA qb's for the most part.. I really can't believe anyone would knock him, as a backup?? Crazy..I would have been psyched to have Hasselbeck as our back up. Well, at least as excited as one can get about a back up QB at any rate.

tcseacliff
03-19-2013, 03:14 PM
Hey, now maybe we can grab Tebow? YEAH! .........NOT!

Drez
03-19-2013, 03:18 PM
Hey, now maybe we can grab Tebow? YEAH! .........NOT!Why? Are you not happy with Hynoski? :popcorn:

Kruunch
03-19-2013, 03:18 PM
I would have been psyched to have Hasselbeck as our back up. Well, at least as excited as one can get about a back up QB at any rate.

Carr does have a better pose, holding the clip board though.

Hasselbeck wishes he had those guns (or a wig).

tcseacliff
03-19-2013, 03:19 PM
isn't Tebow supposed to be awesomer? jets thought so? (an they know awesome!)

Drez
03-19-2013, 03:20 PM
Carr does have a better pose, holding the clip board though.

Hasselbeck wishes he had those guns (or a wig).lol

I wonder if the fact that his brother was once the back up here dissuaded him from considering us. I mean, would you want to follow in your wildly less successful little brother's shoes?

Drez
03-19-2013, 03:21 PM
isn't Tebow supposed to be awesomer? jets thought so? (an they know awesome!)Yes. He's an elite personal protector for punt formations.

tcseacliff
03-19-2013, 03:24 PM
Yes. He's an elite personal protector for punt formations.

somebody will be lucky to have such an asset! !

Drez
03-19-2013, 03:32 PM
somebody will be lucky to have such an asset! !I wonder which of the CFL teams it will be.

tcseacliff
03-19-2013, 03:33 PM
just got htis::

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2013/03/back-up_quarterback_david_carr.html

tcseacliff
03-19-2013, 03:33 PM
arena football!

Drez
03-19-2013, 03:38 PM
arena football!Yeah, I heard that on the radio, too.

If I were him, I'd rather go to the CFL. There's moderately more prestige in that than the Arena League.

miked1958
03-19-2013, 04:36 PM
You guys think will carry 3 QBs? I doubt it. Roster spots to valuable. Painter prob goes

tonyt830
03-19-2013, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I heard that on the radio, too.

If I were him, I'd rather go to the CFL. There's moderately more prestige in that than the Arena League.yup, the Orlando Predators are willing to welcome Tebow with open arms from what I heard.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/arena-football-team-interested-tebow-article-1.1291226

I would have been ok with Hasselbeck as a back-up, but low and behold, Carr is back.

Drez
03-19-2013, 04:45 PM
Yeah. Painter is as good as gone. I'm sure he'll be released soon, even. Not only to give him a chance to land on another roster, but to also free up some cap space for Carr's signing.

tonyt830
03-19-2013, 04:47 PM
Yeah. Painter is as good as gone. I'm sure he'll be released soon, even. Not only to give him a chance to land on another roster, but to also free up some cap space for Carr's signing.you dont think the Giants would keep 3 QBs in camp at the very least, then cut Painter before final cuts? Or do you think they could release Painter sooner, and maybe grab a late rd QB or UDFA for some camp reps with Carr?

miked1958
03-19-2013, 04:54 PM
you dont think the Giants would keep 3 QBs in camp at the very least, then cut Painter before final cuts? Or do you think they could release Painter sooner, and maybe grab a late rd QB or UDFA for some camp reps with Carr?i like your idea.. Get a late round guy or UDFA. You never know where the next Phil Simms might be lurking

Drez
03-19-2013, 05:03 PM
you dont think the Giants would keep 3 QBs in camp at the very least, then cut Painter before final cuts? Or do you think they could release Painter sooner, and maybe grab a late rd QB or UDFA for some camp reps with Carr?I don't think we carry 3 QBs. At least not in the RS. Now, for the preseason, we might bring Perriloux back or grab a UDFA or something, but I sincerely doubt we carry 3 in the regular season.

tonyt830
03-19-2013, 05:04 PM
i like your idea.. Get a late round guy or UDFA. You never know where the next Phil Simms might be lurkingwell I only mention a late rd or UDFA QB because we know Eli sint going to take a bunch of reps during preseason. The 3rd game of the preseason is when Eli gets his most reps. Week 1 he usually plays a couple series, week 2 a little more than week 1. The final preseason game, Eli usually doesnt play.

Drez
03-19-2013, 05:04 PM
i like your idea.. Get a late round guy or UDFA. You never know where the next Phil Simms might be lurkingWasn't Simms a first rounder? I'd guess the next Simms would be lurking somewhere in the first, then. lol :p

tonyt830
03-19-2013, 05:05 PM
I don't think we carry 3 QBs. At least not in the RS. Now, for the preseason, we might bring Perriloux back or grab a UDFA or something, but I sincerely doubt we carry 3 in the regular season.No, I meant the preseason/camp. I agree, no reason to carry 3 in the regular season

Drez
03-19-2013, 05:07 PM
No, I meant the preseason/camp. I agree, no reason to carry 3 in the regular seasonYeah, I totally skimmed over that, lol. Eating dinner while watching TV and posting usually causes oversights like that, lol.

tonyt830
03-19-2013, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I totally skimmed over that, lol. Eating dinner while watching TV and posting usually causes oversights like that, lol.no problem man, multi-tasking isnt as easy as some people make it---LOL!!

giants8493
03-19-2013, 05:34 PM
no problem man, multi-tasking isnt as easy as some people make it---LOL!!Not if multitasking with cocaine!!

TrueBlue@NYC
03-19-2013, 05:42 PM
Hasselbeck is probably the best back-up QB candidate in the league right now. Veteran, knows how to win, can still get the job done and run an offense. Don't understand the hate behind the team being interested in him. Not that it matters now.

brad
03-19-2013, 06:17 PM
Have you seen our OLINE?

With the way they've been playing, Eli will need a backup...I've been worried about Eli getting protection and risking injury.

Hasselback isn't a bad option, you have to figure too Carr might be getting antsy too...Has he ever played for even a half of a regular season game? At least Hasselback has played full time with the Seahawks...who beat us if you remember (ugh sorry but it just proves my point that he is a good back up)

While I agree with most of what you said, and would like to see the O-line improve... the Giants gave up less sacks than any team in the NFL last year. The consensus on this board that the O-line was so bad baffles me. Yes, part of that can be credited to Eli getting rid of the ball to avoid the sack, but that is only a part of it. There are definitely worse O-lines in this league, quite a few actually.

Drez
03-19-2013, 06:41 PM
While I agree with most of what you said, and would like to see the O-line improve... the Giants gave up less sacks than any team in the NFL last year. The consensus on this board that the O-line was so bad baffles me. Yes, part of that can be credited to Eli getting rid of the ball to avoid the sack, but that is only a part of it. There are definitely worse O-lines in this league, quite a few actually.We were a bottom 10 pass blocking OL last year. The sack total is mostly on Eli and the fact we routinely keep backs and TEs in to block instead of releasing them into routes.

BlueBlitzer
03-19-2013, 07:28 PM
He knows the system, He doesn't ask for the moon. He knows HIs role, and does well playing the scout teams defense. ( Which means He can run, and give Big Blue a good look at the Pistol formation.) Not to mention ( But I will ) He knows if the worst possible senario happens, He,ll be at the controls of one of the most Dynamic teams in the NFL. All that aside I believe that once the JR / Hasselbeck rumor went public, Carr signed up rather quickly indeed.

midnite_nj
03-19-2013, 11:16 PM
Lol

blueribbon
03-19-2013, 11:32 PM
Hasselbeck is a Colt.

No, Hasselback is a Swedish potato dish. :)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wjO9ZSr8ZTA/Sgue9Kn9M0I/AAAAAAAAFdA/L6QidzRiSlI/s800/IMG_0048.JPG

StrahanSoup92
03-20-2013, 01:05 AM
Have you seen our OLINE?

LOL, you guys are acting like Eli was running all over the place last year. Do posters just make this up, or read it from one post and it just starts a snowball. We gave up 20 sacks last year, what more do you want?

StrahanSoup92
03-20-2013, 01:07 AM
We were a bottom 10 pass blocking OL last year. The sack total is mostly on Eli and the fact we routinely keep backs and TEs in to block instead of releasing them into routes.

Bottom ten? Think you better check your numbers again, cause as far as sacks allowed, we were NUMBER 1 in the LEAGUE.