PDA

View Full Version : This is Eli's Best Year as a Pro!!

Defcon4
12-27-2011, 07:58 PM
I'm going to get a lot of naysayers but I'm calling it like I see it. The main reason being it's the first year where the running game has been truly non-existent.

There is no secret to our success. Everybody that plays us knows we live and die with Eli and the pass game. So if you lose, 9 times out of 10, it's not because you were surprised it's because you just couldn't stop us. It's been like that all season long.

He's managed the games and for the most part made great decisions and great throws. Factor in all the comeback victories and its obvious he's made this his team this year.

Don't forget this defense has not given much in the way of help all season. This year Eli has done it on his own more than in any other season I can recall.

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 08:21 PM
There is no secret to our success. Everybody that plays us knows we live and die with Eli and the pass game. So if you lose, 9 times out of 10, it's not because you were surprised it's because you just couldn't stop us. It's been like that all season long.Yeah and we are also 8-7. Not something to write home about considering we might finish at .500 and third in the division after next week.

jjj45
12-27-2011, 08:26 PM
Lol naysayer #1

Waiting for naysayer #2......

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 08:26 PM
There is no secret to our success. Everybody that plays us knows we live and die with Eli and the pass game. So if you lose, 9 times out of 10, it's not because you were surprised it's because you just couldn't stop us. It's been like that all season long.Yeah and we are also 8-7. Not something to write home about considering we might finish at .500 and third in the division after next week.

quit being a hater. eli's the only reason we have 8 wins so your whole point is moot. having a chance at the playoffs a legit chance IS something to write home about considering we have the dead last running game and near dead last defense.

WELL DONE ELI. YOU HAVE PROVEN THOSE WHO DOUBTED U TO BE THE MORONS THEY ARE!

edit-waiting for the morons to say "well the probowl selection for eli is a joke and speaks nothing to how well the player actually played" bc u know there'll be those morons.

just to defeat that whole argument before its even presented, last running attack in the nfl and near dead last defense.
players and coaches got him in bc the fan vote certianly didnt. when the players and coaches vote u in despite a lack of fan vote, that truly speaks to the year the player had. eli's selection wasnt some popularity contest spiel, it was the real deal selection from his peers who know football

jjj45
12-27-2011, 08:32 PM

quit being a hater. eli's the only reason we have 8 wins so your whole point is moot. having a chance at the playoffs a legit chance IS something to write home about considering we have the dead last running game and near dead last defense.

edit-waiting for the morons to say "well the probowl selection for eli is a joke and speaks nothing to how well the player actually played" bc u know there'll be those morons.

just to defeat that whole argument before its even presented, last running attack in the nfl and near dead last defense.
players and coaches got him in bc the fan vote certianly didnt. when the players and coaches vote u in despite a lack of fan vote, that truly speaks to the year the player had. eli's selection wasnt some popularity contest spiel, it was the real deal selection from his peers who know footballNo one can really argue with this because pretty much everybody in the world thinks Eli Manning is a joke. So somebody must have gotten him voted in.

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 08:44 PM

players and coaches got him in bc the fan vote certianly didnt. when the players and coaches vote u in despite a lack of fan vote, that truly speaks to the year the player had. eli's selection wasnt some popularity contest spiel, it was the real deal selection from his peers who know footballLol you throw the pro bowl and a fan vote out like an accomplishment. Remember that top 100 players list the PLAYERS voted on.

jax5338
12-27-2011, 08:46 PM

without eli and cruz wed be like 2-13 or 3-12 at best. we also might finish 9-7 and win the nfc east which included the most hyped up team at the start of the season. all the while with a god awful defense and bad running game.

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 08:48 PM

without eli and cruz wed be like 2-13 or 3-12 at best. we also might finish 9-7 and win the nfc east which included the most hyped up team at the start of the season. all the while with a god awful defense and bad running game.

+1. really goes to show how important eli, jpp and cruz have been this year for us.

dont forget our OL has been in flux all year and god awful a bunch of games

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 08:50 PM

That is completely understood, but how can Eli carry us to all our wins, but whenever we lose it's all this "Gilbride sucks" or "Nicks can't catch" or "Fewell can't coach".

It's because we want to hype Eli up when he is good and keep the hype on idle when he isn't so good, because we can't even give Eli a fair assessment for a really damn good season, and its more of a "I told you so" little thing on the MB.

Rudyy
12-27-2011, 08:57 PM
We are 8-7 because our secondary is trash and Tuck and company decided not to show up until now. Eli has played well for the majority of this season and has shown improvement. Even with the losses, Eli could of won the Seattle game, The second eagles game possibly, and so on and so forth. He puts forth effort, and that's why people don't jump all over him when he has an off day.

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm going to get a lot of naysayers but I'm calling it like I see it. The main reason being it's the first year where the running game has been truly non-existent.

There is no secret to our success. Everybody that plays us knows we live and die with Eli and the pass game. So if you lose, 9 times out of 10, it's not because you were surprised it's because you just couldn't stop us. It's been like that all season long.

He's managed the games and for the most part made great decisions and great throws. Factor in all the comeback victories and its obvious he's made this his team this year.

Don't forget this defense has not given much in the way of help all season. This year Eli has done it on his own more than in any other season I can recall.

I agree with you, but believe it or not there are others who believe Eli is playing the same as he has his entire career and the reason for our success this year is because everyone else on offense is play better.

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 08:59 PM

players and coaches got him in bc the fan vote certianly didnt. when the players and coaches vote u in despite a lack of fan vote, that truly speaks to the year the player had. eli's selection wasnt some popularity contest spiel, it was the real deal selection from his peers who know football

Didn't you post the same exact thing in another thread?

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 09:01 PM

Didn't you post the same exact thing in another thread?

Yup and that "edit-waiting for the morons...." is almost one of my posts verbatim.

Talk about a hard-on.

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 09:03 PM

Didn't you post the same exact thing in
another thread?

seeing as they're 5 threads on the topic, i used the same thoughts in all of em to keep up with the conversation. sorry if that bemoans u, but, i could care less.

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 09:04 PM
We are 8-7 because our secondary is trash and Tuck and company decided not to show up until now. Eli has played well for the majority of this season and has shown improvement. Even with the losses, Eli could of won the Seattle game, The second eagles game possibly, and so on and so forth. He puts forth effort, and that's why people don't jump all over him when he has an off day.

+1

TheEnigma
12-27-2011, 09:04 PM

That is completely understood, but how can Eli carry us to all our wins, but whenever we lose it's all this "Gilbride sucks" or "Nicks can't catch" or "Fewell can't coach".

It's because we want to hype Eli up when he is good and keep the hype on idle when he isn't so good, because we can't even give Eli a fair assessment for a really damn good season, and its more of a "I told you so" little thing on the MB.Didn't you catch the memo? Only Eli has good games and no one else has so far this season. I mean...it's not like Weatherford has pinned the opposing team inside their 20 multiple times or that Webster has had solid games covering good WR's or Phillips being one of the better Safetys in the NFL this year.

jax5338
12-27-2011, 09:07 PM

It's because we want to hype Eli up when he is good and keep the hype on idle when he isn't so good, because we can't even give Eli a fair assessment for a really damn good season, and its more of a "I told you so" little thing on the MB.

well dont you think that the fact that eli has played his best when he's asked to do more and has been in countless clutch situations an indicator of how good he is? he's not gonna win them all on his own. he's just not. the NFL is not the NBA. i dont know of any QBs that have won this many games pretty much on their own in the past few years.

i think the people on here who back eli even when he's at his best use him as sort of a crutch because they know he is just a pro. he puts in his times and does what he can with this offensive gameplan which many people think is subpar.

no offense but you are calling the pro bowl a joke when you are one of the people on here i always see so enamored by the glitz and glam type players. arent you like the leader of the andrew luck fan club? guy isnt even in the NFL yet and i see you guys practically jerking off to his game video.

the whole "i told you so" thing goes both ways. people here were bashing him relentlessly for years until the superbowl win. it was garbage. people like me wanted to root for our quarterback because we saw what he could do while others called for his head. now he IS the team and people still seem to have a problem with it. just accept that you were wrong and move on. it's not like the giants having a great QB is such a bad thing.

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 09:08 PM
wow...can u guys really not let some one post "this is eli's best year" and fans celebrate without trying to **** on there parade? are u guys that like i dunno the word, insecure??

one-would u really say we'd be at the win loss record we're at now w/o elis play this year?
two-r u really using weatherfords punting and websters coverage skills as a way to detract from eli's year?? my god man.

i am laughing my ****ing *** off. WOW.

this IS eli's best year. he DID just make the pro bowl. u realize that giants fans are gonna be stoked about that right?

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 09:09 PM

It's because we want to hype Eli up when he is good and keep the hype on idle when he isn't so good, because we can't even give Eli a fair assessment for a really damn good season, and its more of a "I told you so" little thing on the MB.Didn't you catch the memo? Only Eli has good games and no one else has so far this season. I mean...it's not like Weatherford has pinned the opposing team inside their 20 multiple times or that Webster has had solid games covering good WR's or Phillips being one of the better Safetys in the NFL this year.Unfortunately my man, I've caught the memo...smfh

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 09:09 PM

well dont you think that the fact that eli has played his best when he's asked to do more and has been in countless clutch situations an indicator of how good he is? he's not gonna win them all on his own. he's just not. the NFL is not the NBA. i dont know of any QBs that have won this many games pretty much on their own in the past few years.

i think the people on here who back eli even when he's at his best use him as sort of a crutch because they know he is just a pro. he puts in his times and does what he can with this offensive gameplan which many people think is subpar.

*no offense but you are calling the pro bowl a joke when you are one of the people on here i always see so enamored by the glitz and glam type players. arent you like the leader of the andrew luck fan club? guy isnt even in the NFL yet and i see you guys practically jerking off to his game video.

the whole "i told you so" thing goes both ways. people here were bashing him relentlessly for years until the superbowl win. it was garbage. people like me wanted to root for our quarterback because we saw what he could do while others called for his head. now he IS the team and people still seem to have a problem with it. just accept that you were wrong and move on. it's not like the giants having a great QB is such a bad thing.

+100...wheres that top posters of 2011 thread, i got a new nomination.

jax5338
12-27-2011, 09:11 PM

It's because we want to hype Eli up when he is good and keep the hype on idle when he isn't so good, because we can't even give Eli a fair assessment for a really damn good season, and its more of a "I told you so" little thing on the MB.Didn't you catch the memo? Only Eli has good games and no one else has so far this season. I mean...it's not like Weatherford has pinned the opposing team inside their 20 multiple times or that Webster has had solid games covering good WR's or Phillips being one of the better Safetys in the NFL this year.

weatherford? that's your ace in the hole? ok yeah you can have that one. steve has done great, maybe we should punt more.

phillips and webster have been ok on a bad defense. they are still a part of that secondary that is just swiss cheese.

eli, cruz, JPP, and nicks up until recently are all the giants have had this year. oh yeah, and weatherford. zak deossie is snapping the **** out of the ball too.

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 09:15 PM

weatherford? that's your ace in the hole? ok yeah you can have that one. steve has done great, maybe we should punt more.

phillips and webster have been ok on a bad defense. they are still a part of that secondary that is just swiss cheese.

eli, cruz, JPP, and nicks up until recently are all the giants have had this year. oh yeah, and weatherford. zak deossie is snapping the **** out of the ball too.

lol +1

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 09:16 PM

*no offense but you are calling the pro bowl a joke when you are one of the people on here i always see so enamored by the glitz and glam type players. arent you like the leader of the andrew luck fan club? guy isnt even in the NFL yet and i see you guys practically jerking off to his game video.

The only award that means jack is the all pro award, IMO. If Eli makes that, which is not far fetched because he is having an incredible year, that is something you celebrate, not a pro bowl that gets ragged on when Giants are snubbed and praised when Giants make it.

And yes I like Andrew Luck, I think he is gonna be an incredible player. I was in his fan club in the beginning of the year saying that if we have a shot at Luck, we will probably need to upgrade our QB position anyway.

TheEnigma
12-27-2011, 09:23 PM

Don't say absurd things like "punt more". A good punter like Weatherford has helped give our defenses longer fields to work with so they have more opportunity to force the opposing offense off of the field.

Phillips was floating around this year as a possible Pro Bowler (although its a bad class this year) and Webster is having an above average year. Just because the secondary as a whole unit is bad doesn't mean it takes anything away from these two guys. After all, you can only be in so many places at once on the field.

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 09:35 PM

Didn't you post the same exact thing in
another thread?

seeing as they're 5 threads on the topic, i used the same thoughts in all of em to keep up with the conversation. sorry if that bemoans u, but, i could care less.

You are very testy tonight.

Shouldn't you be happy that Eli was voted to the Pro Bowl instead of provoking others?

jax5338
12-27-2011, 09:36 PM

no offense but you are calling the pro bowl a joke when you are one of the people on here i always see so enamored by the glitz and glam type players. arent you like the leader of the andrew luck fan club? guy isnt even in the NFL yet and i see you guys practically jerking off to his game video.

The only award that means jack is the all pro award, IMO. If Eli makes that, which is not far fetched because he is having an incredible year, that is something you celebrate, not a pro bowl that gets ragged on when Giants are snubbed and praised when Giants make it.

And yes I like Andrew Luck, I think he is gonna be an incredible player. I was in his fan club in the beginning of the year saying that if we have a shot at Luck, we will probably need to upgrade our QB position anyway.

who decides what award means jack? you do? people are gonna complain about any award or prize given out that doesnt go to who they want. it's human nature. pro bowl is voted on by fans, coaches, and players i believe. yet before you mentioned that whole players top 100 list that was a select few players. now that matters? honestly we could debate all day what awards matter based on which way we wanna swing it. at the end of the day though a combination of players,coaches, and fans felt eli is having a great season and deserves to be an all star. same subjective BS as every other award. just gotta learn to accept it.

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 09:37 PM
lol. i am super stoked. cereally.

i dont know how u calling me out is me provoking others tho? but hey man, its ur world im just living in it.

def. best year of eli's career tho...well maybe 2008 is up there. more complete team tho so its hard to gauge.

this year elis had to do more with much, much less.

i still got my eyes on the real prize tho. the pro bowl would be a sweet addition to a superbowl trophy.

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 09:39 PM

who decides what award means jack? you do? people are gonna complain about any award or prize given out that doesnt go to who they want. it's human nature. pro bowl is voted on by fans, coaches, and players i believe. yet before you mentioned that whole players top 100 list that was a select few players. now that matters? honestly we could debate all day what awards matter based on which way we wanna swing it. at the end of the day though a combination of players,coaches, and fans felt eli is having a great season and deserves to be an all star. same subjective BS as every other award. just gotta learn to accept it.

you are killing it tonight man! damn. well said on pretty much everything u've said. the best was "he's ur ace in the hole??maybe we should punt more" lol out loud literally.

+100.

besides, theres like one or two people discounting the achievement and its the typical posters. who gives a flying **** what they thinkanyways.

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 09:41 PM
Do I determine what award means jack? Uh, no. you might have missed this 'IMO' right after I said that.

That top 100 list is a prime example of people using things that help their argument even if it contradicts previous arguments. Player vote matters now, I don't know if you agree with giantsfan420 on that one, I mean, you shouldn't if you didn't like that top 100 list, but I'm sure it would hurt giantsfan420's feelings if you don't agree with him since he's plus 1'ed all of your posts.

jax5338
12-27-2011, 09:41 PM

Don't say absurd things like "punt more". A good punter like Weatherford has helped give our defenses longer fields to work with so they have more opportunity to force the opposing offense off of the field.

Phillips was floating around this year as a possible Pro Bowler (although its a bad class this year) and Webster is having an above average year. Just because the secondary as a whole unit is bad doesn't mean it takes anything away from these two guys. After all, you can only be in so many places at once on the field.

you dont find it a little sad you have to pick the punter of all people as a player ohter than our QB who has had some great games. i love weatherford, dont get me wrong but i cant get excited about punts when our D is this bad.

and if KP and webster have been pretty solid this year. a few breakdowns but they havent been bad. maybe after every bad game by the defense (just about all of them) we should start threads like "webster cant lead this defense" or "will we ever win with KP?" because we expect more out of them. oh wait, we can only do that for a quarterback right?

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 09:42 PM
Do I determine what award means jack? Uh, no. you might have missed this 'IMO' right after I said that.

That top 100 list is a prime example of people using things that help their argument even if it contradicts previous arguments. Player vote matters now, I don't know if you agree with giantsfan420 on that one, I mean, you shouldn't if you didn't like that top 100 list, but I'm sure it would hurt giantsfan420's feelings if you don't agree with him since he's plus 1'ed all of your posts.

LMFAO!!!! HAHAHAHA! i never even commented on that top 100 bs. my god man, u are something else.

hold up, lemme get my cell phone so i can take a picture of the screen, got to have proof of this later...lmfao

TheEnigma
12-27-2011, 09:44 PM

you are killing it tonight man! damn. well said on pretty much everything u've said. the best was "he's ur ace in the hole??maybe we should punt more" lol out loud literally.

+100.

besides, theres like one or two people discounting the achievement and its the typical posters. who gives a flying **** what they thinkanyways.I think some people on this MB have seriously bad reading comprehension at times.

Never once in any of my posts did I say Eli didn't deserve the Pro Bowl nomination. The only thing I disagreed with is that Eli is the sole reason for our 8 wins, which you did in fact say.

Not my fault you can't see what a good punter can do for a team or a few above average defensive backs can too. Imagine how much worse the defensive situation would of been if we didn't have these guys. Many of our games were close this year and without them, we could be looking at a sub .500 win percentage. That's all I'm saying bro.

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 09:44 PM

you dont find it a little sad you have to pick the punter of all people as a player ohter than our QB who has had some great games. i love weatherford, dont get me wrong but i cant get excited about punts when our D is this bad.

and if KP and webster have been pretty solid this year. a few breakdowns but they havent been bad. maybe after every bad game by the defense (just about all of them) we should start threads like "webster cant lead this defense" or "will we ever win with KP?" because we expect more out of them. oh wait, we can only do that for a quarterback right?

good points.

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 09:45 PM

LMFAO!!!! HAHAHAHA! i never even commented on that top 100 bs. my god man, u are something else.

hold up, lemme get my cell phone so i can take a picture of the screen, got to have proof of this later...lmfaoActually you did comment on that list:

well since u ask, eli came off a 25 int year. so while i disagree that eli wasnt a top 100 player, i could understand why the players wouldnt vote for him. the entire 100 top players voting system was iffy too if u ask me. they asked like 20% of the players, and didnt ask them to rank 100 players. they were asked to vote for there top 15 i believe. no way would i see players voting eli in that way esp after a 25 int year.
but hey, i dont really care what u think and find it funny u just have to try and "prove me wrong" and to be some "double standard" goon. lol. its all gravy baby, u feel one way i feel the other. next.

way to go eli and jpp well done this year!

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 09:46 PM

+100.

besides, theres like one or two people discounting the achievement and its the typical posters. who gives a flying **** what they thinkanyways.I think some people on this MB have seriously bad reading comprehension at times.

Never once in any of my posts did I say Eli didn't deserve the Pro Bowl nomination. The only thing I disagreed with is that Eli is the sole reason for our 8 wins, which you did in fact say.

Not my fault you can't see what a good punter can do for a team or a few above average defensive backs can too. Imagine how much worse the defensive situation would of been if we didn't have these guys. Many of our games were close this year and without them, we could be looking at a sub .500 win percentage. That's all I'm saying bro.

and ur argument is why i said we have 8 wins in thanks to eli. the qb position has a lot more to do with wins and losses than a punter.

listen, i get ur point. i apologized for this statement in another thread. i was a lil overboard excited with eli making the probowl.

imo, eli is a LARGE reason we had 7 of our 8 wins. i shouldnt have phrased it in a way to discount others efforts, and u r correct to call me out on that.

that said, this is eli's best year as a pro, and honestly if he wasnt our qb we could easily be a 2 win team

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 09:47 PM

hold up, lemme get my cell phone so i can take a picture of the screen, got to have proof of this later...lmfaoActually you did comment on that list:

well since u ask, eli came off a 25 int year. so while i disagree that eli wasnt a top 100 player, i could understand why the players wouldnt vote for him. the entire 100 top players voting system was iffy too if u ask me. they asked like 20% of the players, and didnt ask them to rank 100 players. they were asked to vote for there top 15 i believe. no way would i see players voting eli in that way esp after a 25 int year.
but hey, i dont really care what u think and find it funny u just have to try and "prove me wrong" and to be some "double standard" goon. lol. its all gravy baby, u feel one way i feel the other. next.

dammit, now i need to take another picture with my cell phone to save in case i need to repost it later on a message board.

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 09:48 PM
lol. i am super stoked. cereally.

i dont know how u calling me out is me provoking others tho? but hey man, its ur world im just living in it.

def. best year of eli's career tho...well maybe 2008 is up there. more complete team tho so its hard to gauge.

this year elis had to do more with much, much less.

i still got my eyes on the real prize tho. the pro bowl would be a sweet addition to a superbowl trophy.

You surprise me. You're acting all surprised Eli made it. IMO it was a no brainer. Eli proved himself to be amongst the best in the game this year. He totally deserves it.

If memory serves though, you are one who didn't think he was playing much better this year then in previous years. Maybe then you are in fact the "moron" you called others, since it was <u>you</u> that's been wrong about Eli all along?

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 09:49 PM

dammit, now i need to take another picture with my cell phone to save in case i need to repost it later on a message board.More logical fallacies. Ad hominem. It's a shame the education can't cover critical thought.

lawl
12-27-2011, 09:50 PM
The only thing in the whole Eli debates/arguments/whatever that irks me is the continual changing of thought process and not staying consistent.

Here's what I mean by this.

Many posters have maintained throughout eli's career that he is awesome because the team is winning games. And the opposite would proclaim that he isn't a big part in most of those wins early in his career because of his inconsistency.

In my opinion his best years of his career were this year followed by 2009. Which happen to be the two years where our record has been the worst since eli has been starting.

Now the people who were of the first opinion that I described are saying that Eli is still playing awesome despite the teams record. And the other opinion is that it doesn't matter if Eli puts up those stats because we're losing.

It's just blind commitment to an opinion and it doesn't make sense.

If eli's playing good then he's playing good, awesome. If he's playing bad then he's playing bad, not awesome.

There's no reason to lie to yourself. 05 06 07 Eli wasn't playing well. 08 he was good. 09 he was awesome. 2010 wasn't good. 2011 awesome. Am I right?

I don't really get the agendas, and they certainly exist.

jax5338
12-27-2011, 09:50 PM

i dont take much of a stance on it because idk how it works. i dont know anyone who really does. i read only a handful of NFL players voted on that top 100 list. idk who actually voted for the probowl. do they get a choice of whether or not they wanna vote? im happy for giants players when they get props on top lists and awards but i know enough that its all subjective. i mean even guys like you have to think eli should have been thought of in the top 100 by NFL players. maybe they all just vote for their boys but a superbowl mvp QB whos never had a losing season not even top 100? seems kinda dumb to me but what do i know?

TheEnigma
12-27-2011, 09:54 PM

Perhaps so but your players don't need to always have standout games like Eli and JPP have been doing for us on a nearly consistent basis. Sometimes it's a little play by one individual that helps tremendously with a win.

As for KP and Webster and your thing about threads, they get threads calling them out too about when they play poor or if we need to replace them. Many people have said that about KP not being the same since his injury and think he should be shown the door.

Since Eli is the QB, he's going to get more criticism at times whether it's justified or not because it's a position that's highly valuable and constantly under the microscope. It's counter balanced though by the QB getting more credit than he deserves at times. It's just how it works.

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 09:54 PM

i dont take much of a stance on it because idk how it works. i dont know anyone who really does. i read only a handful of NFL players voted on that top 100 list. idk who actually voted for the probowl. do they get a choice of whether or not they wanna vote? im happy for giants players when they get props on top lists and awards but i know enough that its all subjective. i mean even guys like you have to think eli should have been thought of in the top 100 by NFL players. maybe they all just vote for their boys but a superbowl mvp QB whos never had a losing season not even top 100? seems kinda dumb to me but what do i know?
I most certainly do believe Eli should have been on that list. This alone really opened my eyes to how much of a sham that player voting is, and in turn has turned me off the pro bowl even more. giantsfan420 actually posted this in another thread: "A total of 413 players voted, and each player was asked to list their top 20 current players. Point values (20 for No. 1, 19 for No. 2, etc) were assigned. Total points for each of the players named were added and the cumulative point totals ranked in order to determine the list. NFL Films reached out to players through a variety ways to try to get as many players to participate as possible, and the gathering of votes took place roughly over a five month period, from December to April."

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/6/30/2252811/nfl-network-top-100-players-vote

Despite the way it was condoned, there were 100 players with more points than Eli. Absurd for sure. There is and shouldn't be debate on that. But lets keep in mind that my initial post discredited the pro bowl for these exact reasons unraveled, and I got called a hater and a moron...

EDIT: my initial post was quoted calling me a moron for not finding the pro bowl as an accomplishment. I had threads mixed up.

TheEnigma
12-27-2011, 09:55 PM

+100.

and ur argument is why i said we have 8 wins in thanks to eli. the qb position has a lot more to do with wins and losses than a punter.

listen, i get ur point. i apologized for this statement in another thread. i was a lil overboard excited with eli making the probowl.

imo, eli is a LARGE reason we had 7 of our 8 wins. i shouldnt have phrased it in a way to discount others efforts, and u r correct to call me out on that.

that said, this is eli's best year as a pro, and honestly if he wasnt our qb we could easily be a 2 win teamIt's all good, we're cool then.

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 09:57 PM
roosevelt. i just typed out a response and it didnt show.

to restate:

eli has played his best year this year, but that doesnt mean he hasnt played at this level since 07, which is something i still maintain.

08 10 ints
09 14 ints
2010-25 ints (more than the two years prior combined)

people used last years ints to some how claim this year he is playing like another person, when that is not correct at all.

his tds, compl % and even ints have all been in the same area. except for ints in 2010.

just bc this year hes playing his best does not mean he hasnt played at this level for a long time. and i truly feel he has played at this level.

his yardage is up bc we have absolutely no run game and defense.

besides that, he is making the same throws, playing the same way. this year, he hasnt had 10 passes get tipped up for ints.

he's still throwing off his back foot, he's still threading the needle.

im gonna go ahead and just agree to disagree tho. i tried to end this lil spat amicably with my prior post, and again u provoked me.

and i find it odd YOU are telling some one else they've been wrong about eli...now that is the pot calling the kettle black.

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 10:00 PM

+100.

that said, this is eli's best year as a pro, and honestly if he wasnt our qb we could easily be a 2 win teamIt's all good, we're cool then.
+1. and i do need to apologize for that i do tend to give eli more credit than he maybe deserves bc a lot of the time he gets ripped moer than he deserves.

when u see threads about how we should get andrew luck go to 20 pages, and tons of threads about how eli sucks and eli cant do this or that, when eli does get some recognition, i go overboard.
that said, congrats on eli playing very well this year. without a doubt cruz and nicks and MM and ballard have really helped eli to reach this accomplishment. still tho, got to give props to eli for a helluva year that hopefully doesnt end for another month or so

jax5338
12-27-2011, 10:05 PM

I most certainly do believe Eli should have been on that list. This alone really opened my eyes to how much of a sham that player voting is, and in turn has turned me off the pro bowl even more. giantsfan420 actually posted this in another thread: "A total of 413 players voted, and each player was asked to list their top 20 current players. Point values (20 for No. 1, 19 for No. 2, etc) were assigned. Total points for each of the players named were added and the cumulative point totals ranked in order to determine the list. NFL Films reached out to players through a variety ways to try to get as many players to participate as possible, and the gathering of votes took place roughly over a five month period, from December to April."

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/6/30/2252811/nfl-network-top-100-players-vote

Despite the way it was condoned, there were 100 players with more points than Eli. Absurd for sure. There is and shouldn't be debate on that. But lets keep in mind that my initial post discredited the pro bowl for these exact reasons unraveled, and I got called a hater and a moron...

EDIT: my initial post was quoted calling me a moron for not finding the pro bowl as an accomplishment. I had threads mixed up.

is that for the probowl voting or the top 100 list? i just found this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/So-who-DID-vote-on-the-NFL-Network-8217-s-Top-?urn=nfl-wp3002

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 10:08 PM

to restate:

eli has played his best year this year, but that doesnt mean he hasnt played at this level since 07, which is something i still maintain.

08 10 ints
09 14 ints

people used last years ints to some how claim this year he is playing like another person, when that is not correct at all.

his tds, compl % and even ints have all been in the same area. except for ints in 2010.

just bc this year hes playing his best does not mean he hasnt played at this level for a long time. and i truly feel he has played at this level.

besides that, he is making the same throws, playing the same way. this year, he hasnt had 10 passes get tipped up for ints.

im gonna go ahead and just agree to disagree tho. i tried to end this lil spat amicably with my prior post, and again u provoked me.

and i find it odd YOU are telling some one else they've been wrong about eli...now that is the pot calling the kettle black.

The fact is I've never been "wrong" about him.

I fully acknowledge the good while having the ability to discuss the bad as well.

Eli has never played better then this season. He deserves the pro bowl, and I hope we see him win another SB MVP this year.

Now for him to do that he has to play better than the past two weeks, agreed?

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 10:12 PM

is that for the probowl voting or the top 100 list? i just found this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/So-who-DID-vote-on-the-NFL-Network-8217-s-Top-?urn=nfl-wp3002
To be honest, I didn't really care to find out much more about the list. Mason had said he ranked 20 and that seems consistent with the above source (which was for the top 100 players), either way, I really think player voting is not that credible. I'm willing to accept that, but I'm gonna stay consistent. I refuse to praise Eli for the pro bowl which I think is a joke. First off, he came in 5th from fans alone. JPP is more credible because he had no fan votes. So that splits it to a 1.5/3 to 1.5/3 balance with players and coaches respectively. Needless to say, I still think its a joke. JPP should make the associated press all pro list, and if he doesn't he will in the future.

Eli's been great, Pro Bowl is a joke though. This whole argument stems from me being called a moron for that stance that I took. I hope we've reached some ground on this.

jax5338
12-27-2011, 10:15 PM

+100.

+1. and i do need to apologize for that i do tend to give eli more credit than he maybe deserves bc a lot of the time he gets ripped moer than he deserves.

when u see threads about how we should get andrew luck go to 20 pages, and tons of threads about how eli sucks and eli cant do this or that, when eli does get some recognition, i go overboard.
that said, congrats on eli playing very well this year. without a doubt cruz and nicks and MM and ballard have really helped eli to reach this accomplishment. still tho, got to give props to eli for a helluva year that hopefully doesnt end for another month or so

agree with this. when youre seeing threads about how good andrew luck is when he hasnt played an NFL snap and the same people are calling out our QB who has been the whole team this year it gets irritating. i think some people just have it out for eli, period. he doesnt have the fiery personality or the big numbers. until this season, the giants offense didnt really call for it but now it's required of him.

i sat with a giants fan the other day on christmas eve after the game when eli's post game presser cam on. he said "i cant stand him." so i kindly asked "why?" and he just said "idk hes just such a doofus." i replied "yea he is but you realize we'd be nowhere without him this year right." he said "yea but i still just cant stand his dopey face."

i kinda feel like that's just the general consenus with eli. people just dont think performance first and since he hasnt ever put up peyton numbers until this season, they keep thinking eli is a little brother doofus. he is a doofus, but he's damn good.

chasjay
12-27-2011, 10:19 PM

players and coaches got him in bc the fan vote certianly didnt. when the players and coaches vote u in despite a lack of fan vote, that truly speaks to the year the player had. eli's selection wasnt some popularity contest spiel, it was the real deal selection from his peers who know footballLol you throw the pro bowl and a fan vote out like an accomplishment. Remember that top 100 players list the PLAYERS voted on.

I don't understand your problem. You are a Giants fan. YOUR quarterback was selected for the Pro Bowl. What's not to be pleased about? I guess I could read deeper into all the posts to try and glean the nature of your discontent - but why bother?

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 10:22 PM

I don't understand your problem. You are a Giants fan. YOUR quarterback was selected for the Pro Bowl. What's not to be pleased about? I guess I could read deeper into all the posts to try and glean the nature of your discontent - but why bother?
My problem is I am consistent on my stance and get called a moron for it.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-27-2011, 10:22 PM

to restate:

08 10 ints
09 14 ints

You are absolutely BLIND if you can honestly compare this year to any other years..besides MAYBE '08, but that year we were pretty much lights out in ALL areas until the Plax incident. Sure the stats might resemble previous years. You name me another year where Eli had such a non existent running game, OL, no big name receivers. This guy is doing it all. He has had to move outside the pockets week in and out. Eli, being mobile? who would have thought! Week in and out he is getting smashed bc of the no protection. If it wasnt for Eli we would 3-13 right now.

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 10:24 PM

u keep saying i called u a moron, where did i do that? who called u a moron at all?

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 10:27 PM

to restate:

08 10 ints
09 14 ints

You are absolutely BLIND if you can honestly compare this year to any other years..besides MAYBE '08, but that year we were pretty much lights out in ALL areas until the Plax incident. Sure the stats might resemble previous years. You name me another year where Eli had such a non existent running game, OL, no big name receivers. This guy is doing it all. He has had to move outside the pockets week in and out. Eli, being mobile? who would have thought! Week in and out he is getting smashed bc of the no protection. If it wasnt for Eli we would 3-13 right now.

in 08 and 09 eli played virtually the same as this year except this year he's had to throw more thus more yards thus more attention.

eli made the probowl in 09 too.

i lways have maintained that bc plax shot himself in 08 and the bad finish, people dont truly remember how awesome he was.

in 09, the defense was so bad that people dont truly remember how awesome he was.

he was seriously playing at this level. same stats, same stature, same style of play. the only thing he hs done more this year is the yards.

but again thats subjective on my part. point is, he is playing his best ball this year, but he has played at this level since the start of the 07 playoffs.

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 10:28 PM

u keep saying i called u a moron, where did i do that? who called u a moron at all?"edit-waiting for the morons to say "well the probowl selection for eli is a joke and speaks nothing to how well the player actually played" bc u know there'll be those morons. "

That is essentially one of my posts verbatim. Wether or not it was directly pointed to me (it was quoted to me and it also fits my stance, and I personally feel that it is directed to me, but don't care to prove your vagueness), but like I said it does fit my stance, so I guess I fall into that category.

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 10:33 PM

u keep saying i called u a moron, where did i do that? who called u a moron at all?"edit-waiting for the morons to say "well the probowl selection for eli is a joke and speaks nothing to how well the player actually played" bc u know there'll be those morons. "

That is essentially one of my posts verbatim. Wether or not it was directly pointed to me (it was quoted to me and it also fits my stance, and I personally feel that it is directed to me, but don't care to prove your vagueness), but like I said it does fit my stance, so I guess I fall into that category.

well there thats ur problem, bc i never sayed u were a moron specifically. and i made that post before i even saw any of ur comments. so dunno, if u thought i was calling u a moron, i apologize. like u said it was a general reference and didnt even mean it bc i didnt think anyone would have the stance that eli making the probowl is a joke. i thought seeing as we're all giants fans we'd all be stoked. if anything i was directing that statement at non giants fans who would have found some way to discredit eli's year, far as i can tell, u've not discredited eli just the probowl itself which is a different subject altogether.

anyways. im over it. never cared to begin with. u just using the "i wouldnt be surprised if u were just blowing smoke" and "double standard" remarks which were directed at me instigated me into a juvenile back and forth with u...which, happens sometimes bc u flat out look for any way to try and discredit me for some strange strange reason.

this is eli's best year as a pro and hopefully we get to see the giants play for another month or so.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-27-2011, 10:34 PM

to restate:

08 10 ints
09 14 ints

in 08 and 09 eli played virtually the same as this year except this year he's had to throw more thus more yards thus more attention.

i lways have maintained that bc plax shot himself in 08 and the bad finish, people dont truly remember how awesome he was.

in 09, the defense was so bad that people dont truly remember how awesome he was.

he was seriously playing at this level. same stats, same stature, same style of play. the only thing he hs done more this year is the yards.

but again thats subjective on my part. point is, he is playing his best ball this year, but he has played at this level since the start of the 07 playoffs.
Agree to disagree

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 10:38 PM

to restate:

08 10 ints
09 14 ints

Agree to disagree
+100000000

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 10:46 PM

well there thats ur problem, bc i never sayed u were a moron specifically. and i made that post before i even saw any of ur comments. so dunno, if u thought i was calling u a moron, i apologize. like u said it was a general reference and didnt even mean it bc i didnt think anyone would have the stance that eli making the probowl is a joke. i thought seeing as we're all giants fans we'd all be stoked. if anything i was directing that statement at non giants fans who would have found some way to discredit eli's year, far as i can tell, u've not discredited eli just the probowl itself which is a different subject altogether.

anyways. im over it. never cared to begin with. u just using the "i wouldnt be surprised if u were just blowing smoke" and "double standard" remarks which were directed at me instigated me into a juvenile back and forth with u...which, happens sometimes bc u flat out look for any way to try and discredit me for some strange strange reason.

this is eli's best year as a pro and hopefully we get to see the giants play for another month or so.No, you were calling anyone who would say the Pro Bowl was a joke a moron. I'm sure plenty of people on the outside looking in take it as that way. I realize my stance on the issue, I do think the Pro Bowl is a joke, and the fact that your generalized statement labeled me as a moron, I took offense, but did not put it into words, and that is when I saw it in another thread (because you admitted to reposting the same thing).

Furthermore, you think I seek you out to discredit you, I completely disagree. I had the, what, 2nd post in this thread? You quoted me, told me not to 'hate', and you also reposted "edit-waiting for the morons to say "well the probowl selection for eli is a joke and speaks nothing to how well the player actually played" bc u know there'll be those morons. ". So of course you didn't call me a moron specifically, but I never needed you to call me that. You implied that people who make that claim are in fact morons, so that is not my problem.

This whole little double standard thing is just how I am wired. I'm not gonna disagree with an aspect when it doesn't favor my argument, only to agree with it when it does favor my argument. Do I think you do that? Absolutely. But to think I seek you out is just asinine. You quoted me.

And yes, I am hoping for Eli to continue doing his part and excelling at it, and it being a factor in us going deep in the playoffs.

chasjay
12-27-2011, 10:49 PM

well, I admitted I didn't follow all the threads and I don't know who called who a moron - I thought there was an objection raised to Eli's being selected - I'm a big Eli supporter and thought he earned it, but if it had been Stafford instead of Eli, I would not have b****ed publicly - I humbly back out of the argument

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 10:55 PM

well, I admitted I didn't follow all the threads and I don't know who called who a moron - I thought there was an objection raised to Eli's being selected - I'm a big Eli supporter and thought he earned it, but if it had been Stafford instead of Eli, I would not have b****ed publicly - I humbly back out of the argument
Nah dude you're good and I see what you're saying. Eli has earned praise this year. I do definitely think he has earned what most people feel the Pro Bowl stands for. Eli has been exceptional, superb and plays a large part in our success and shortcomings.

From a numbers standpoint, he has been incredible.

ny06
12-27-2011, 10:57 PM
Best statistical season? Yes</P>

A point that should be added is that he is having this type of season with arguably no running game. </P>

The days of let's stop the Giants running game and make Eli beat us are a thing of the past. </P>

Defcon4
12-28-2011, 12:19 AM
It's the lack of the running game and the pourous defense that make this year so impressive. In '08 we had the best running game in the league. I don't see how you can compare his performance in '08 to this year. A running game that the opposing team has to respect makes Eli's job way easier. Play action was a big part of our success in '08.

This year were 2nd in the league in dropped passes, Were almost last in defense and near the bottom in rushing on offense. The offensive line had struggled tremendously. Yet we can still make the playoffs with a win against the Cowboys. Make no mistake this year has been special above all past years. It's obviously not his most successful season, but it's his most impressive factoring in his supporting cast.

Harooni
12-28-2011, 04:00 AM
you know i agree this is eli's best year in the pro's.

i dont look at stats and awards and gruden types kissing his bottom.

I look how the man plays , his movement in the pocket/mechanics his decisions his body language. Eli has really imo turned from boyish to man.

my guess is having a child helped.