PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL ELI IN PRO BOWL!

Vtgmenfan89
12-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Just saw it on NFL network. Congrats Eli!

repeatchamps
12-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Just saw it on NFL network. Congrats Eli!</P>

Well deserved. Now this Sunday Night and in the playoffs he needs to continue his Pro-Bowl calibur play. If he does, then anything is possible.</P>

jjj45
12-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Just saw it on NFL network. Congrats Eli!<font color="#FF0000">Sadly he doesnt deserve it. He needs to step up and lead this team</font>

Firenugget
12-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Just saw it on NFL network. Congrats Eli!Sadly he doesnt deserve it. He needs to step up and lead this team

...lol...ok?

Kase-1
12-27-2011, 08:14 PM
JPP also in the PRO BOWL, they just released the official roster (http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/09000d5d82578253/article/2012-pro-bowl-rosters)

Canty shoulda been in there he def had a better year than Ratliff and Raji

Vtgmenfan89
12-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Just saw it on NFL network. Congrats Eli!Sadly he doesnt deserve it. He needs to step up and lead this team

Have you watched any Giants football this year? 14 4th quarter TD's? Come on man. I agree he needs to play better than he did the past two weeks, but I think he will against Cowgirls. Threw for 400 yards last time we played them with big division implications in that one. I think he will play very similar this week, and lead us to a win.

jjj45
12-27-2011, 08:18 PM
Oops...sorry Roosevelt hacked my account for a second.

ashleymarie
12-27-2011, 08:27 PM
Congrats Eli and JPP. GO BIG BLUE!

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 08:32 PM
\ eli's the only reason we have 8 wins. having a chance at the playoffs a legit chance is something to write home about considering we have the dead last running game and near dead last defense.

WELL DONE ELI. YOU HAVE PROVEN THOSE WHO DOUBTED U TO BE THE MORONS THEY ARE!

edit-waiting for the morons to say "well the probowl selection for eli is a joke and speaks nothing to how well the player actually played" bc u know there'll be those morons.

just to defeat that whole argument before its even presented, last running attack in the nfl and near dead last defense.
players and coaches got him in bc the fan vote certianly didnt. when the players and coaches vote u in despite a lack of fan vote, that truly speaks to the year the player had. eli's selection wasnt some popularity contest spiel, it was the real deal selection from his peers who know football!

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Congratulations to ALL the Giants selected for the Pro Bowl.

And a shout out to Cruz who deserved to make it as well.

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 08:37 PM

Yes, the pro bowl is what really matters!!!

jjj45
12-27-2011, 08:38 PM

All in fun dude, all in fun. :)

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 08:40 PM
\ eli's the only reason we have 8 wins. having a chance at the playoffs a legit chance is something to write home about considering we have the dead last running game and near dead last defense.

edit-waiting for the morons to say "well the probowl selection for eli is a joke and speaks nothing to how well the player actually played" bc u know there'll be those morons.

just to defeat that whole argument before its even presented, last running attack in the nfl and near dead last defense.
players and coaches got him in bc the fan vote certianly didnt. when the players and coaches vote u in despite a lack of fan vote, that truly speaks to the year the player had. eli's selection wasnt some popularity contest spiel, it was the real deal selection from his peers who know football!

You think Eli is the reason we won the Jets game?

You're delirious.

We can't even celebrate the pro bowl selections because all you ladies have your panties in a bunch over Eli.

Get over it already and try to act like men. You make me sick.

[;)]

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 08:42 PM

My bad. Homers usually don't come with a sense of humour. [B]

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 08:45 PM

You're delirious.

We can't even celebrate the pro bowl selections because all you ladies have your panties in a bunch over Eli.

Get over it already and try to act like men.* You make me sick.

[;)]

nah, ur right. 7 wins sorry. jets game was all d. i let the excitement for eli getting in to prove the morons who said negative things about him are actually morons confuse one game.

sorry, 7 games eli led this team to victory pretty much on his shoulders.

no one cares what u do or dont celebrate...

TheReal_LT
12-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Congrats to Eli!...well deserved!

jjj45
12-27-2011, 08:51 PM

aw thats cute...homers...so thats what you call everybody who disagrees with your narrow view. Gotcha.

Cheers mate [B]

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 08:52 PM

You're delirious.

Get over it already and try to act like men. You make me sick.

[;)]

nah, ur right. 7 wins sorry. jets game was all d. i let the excitement for eli getting in to prove the morons who said negative things about him are actually morons confuse one game.

sorry, 7 games eli led this team to victory pretty much on his shoulders.

no one cares what u do or dont celebrate...

I'm very happy for every Giant that makes the pro bowl and I congratulate them for doing us proud.

I remember Simms winning the pro bowl MVP one year. That was pretty cool too.

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 08:56 PM

aw thats cute...homers...so thats what you call everybody who disagrees with your narrow view. Gotcha.

Cheers mate [B]

Narrow view?

jjj45
12-27-2011, 09:08 PM
Narrow view?

Pretty sure calling everybody who doesn't share your view a "homer" is narrow mindedness.

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 09:10 PM
Question for those of you who attributed Eli's success to his supporting cast. Do you think this pro bowl vote is well deserved?

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Narrow view?

Pretty sure calling everybody who doesn't share your view a "homer" is narrow mindedness.

It's so much more then that.

I love a good debate, and I don't even mind losing, but that's yet to happen. [;)]

jjj45
12-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Narrow view?

I love a good debate, and I don't even mind losing, but that's yet to happen. [;)]
Perhaps in your own world, but then again that's why we post on a forum right? Because we all have egos.

jjj45
12-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Narrow view?

Perhaps in your own world, but then again that's why we post on a forum right? Because we all have egos.

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 09:41 PM
Narrow view?

Egos aside, are we all Giants fans - first?

I am a long time Giants fan. Others here are Eli fans turned Giants fans. They put Eli ahead of our team. I don't roll that way. I'll criticize any player or coach if I feel it's warranted. Eli fans will criticize everyone and everything in order to stick up for Eli.

That's it in a nutshell.

jjj45
12-27-2011, 09:55 PM

An equal reason to be sure. [;)]

And I wouldn't necessarily say the posters who stick up for Eli are just "Eli fans". Quite the general statement.

But rather, they should be allowed to exercise the same rights that you stated. If they feel it is warranted to disagree with your opinion of Eli. Then their views should be respected as well.

I don't believe in petty labels such as "Homer" or "Eli hater"

but like I said, the all powerfull ego always finds a way to creep in.

Manning2Niks
12-27-2011, 10:01 PM
Narrow view?

I am a long time Giants fan. Others here are Eli fans turned Giants fans. They put Eli ahead of our team. I don't roll that way. I'll criticize any player or coach if I feel it's warranted. Eli fans will criticize everyone and everything in order to stick up for Eli.

That's it in a nutshell.

Just out of curiosity, what is your view on Eli?

I will generally call a spade a spade as well and think team first is always the right answer, but I personally like what Eli's done this year and you seem to always be painted (by other posters) to be an Eli hater and I don't know that I've ever seen a post where you're not defending your position (ie, people are putting words in your mouth and you're saying "thats not really what I said" but never really stating your view..at least in the threads I read/skim).

I know I'm pretty much a nobody on these boards, but you seem to be an accomplished poster who's opinion I may actually find myself caring about. I'm honestly not trying to stir the pot or call you out so I'm sorry if it comes off that way. Really just curious on your take on our QB.

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 10:14 PM

An equal reason to be sure. [;)]

And I wouldn't necessarily say the posters who stick up for Eli are just "Eli fans". Quite the general statement.

But rather, they should be allowed to exercise the same rights that you stated. If they feel it is warranted to disagree with your opinion of Eli. Then their views should be respected as well.

I don't believe in petty labels such as "Homer" or "Eli hater"

but like I said, the all powerfull ego always finds a way to creep in.

That's cool. I will consider choosing my words more carefully going forward.

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 10:33 PM
Narrow view?

That's it in a nutshell.

I will generally call a spade a spade as well and think team first is always the right answer, but I personally like what Eli's done this year and you seem to always be painted (by other posters) to be an Eli hater and I don't know that I've ever seen a post where you're not defending your position (ie, people are putting words in your mouth and you're saying "thats not really what I said" but never really stating your view..at least in the threads I read/skim).

I know I'm pretty much a nobody on these boards, but you seem to be an accomplished poster who's opinion I may actually find myself caring about. I'm honestly not trying to stir the pot or call you out so I'm sorry if it comes off that way. Really just curious on your take on our QB.

Thanks for your question.

I am seen as a "hater" by some, but only from those who do not allow others to speak openly and honestly about Eli.

My views on Eli are this: Prior to this year he's been inconsistent. He makes great plays and then follows it up with a boneheaded play.

But one thing he has always had is this uncanny ability to perform under pressure. The last 3 years he seemed to have lost it, but this year it is clearly back.

Eli has great command of the offense this year. He moves real well in the pocket, although he could certainly run the ball more.

I would love to see him be a bit more patient right now. I think he needs to trust our run game and short yardage pass game a little more. Throwing deep on 3rd and short while we need to move the chains I find very frustrating.

But overall I like him. I mean, how can you not. He's one of the good guys in this league. The league needs more Eli Mannings. He's proof that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Cheers.

[B]

seven47
12-27-2011, 10:50 PM
I cant honestly see how Eli beats out Cam Newton or Matthew Stafford this year.

jjj45
12-27-2011, 10:54 PM
I cant honestly see how Eli beats out Cam Newton or Matthew Stafford this year.hmm. Panthers fan or Lions fan?

.......Im going with Lions fan.

Manning2Niks
12-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Narrow view?

That's it in a nutshell.

I am seen as a "hater" by some, but only from those who do not allow others to speak openly and honestly about Eli.

My views on Eli are this: Prior to this year he's been inconsistent. He makes great plays and then follows it up with a boneheaded play.

But one thing he has always had is this uncanny ability to perform under pressure. The last 3 years he seemed to have lost it, but this year it is clearly back.

Eli has great command of the offense this year. He moves real well in the pocket, although he could certainly run the ball more.

I would love to see him be a bit more patient right now. I think he needs to trust our run game and short yardage pass game a little more. Throwing deep on 3rd and short while we need to move the chains I find very frustrating.

But overall I like him. I mean, how can you not. He's one of the good guys in this league. The league needs more Eli Mannings. He's proof that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Cheers.

[B]

Cool. That's pretty much how I view it. I always had a certain lack of confidence in him but its always been battling with a feeling that he's got it in him to make the play. And I agree this year has been a huge step for him in terms of being a solid, reliable player. I joke that he got it all out of him last year so now hes done with it lol.

In terms of the going long on 3rd and short, how much of that do you attribute to play calling? To be frank, as much as I know about football (played my whole life through high school and have always studied the game) I find it hard to determine certain aspects. For example I would have had no idea Eli checked to the draw on the 2-point conversion vs Green Bay but many on this board spoke of it like it was given.

I mean, more often than not will say "Oh great, the following play will be _________ " and I'm correct but I don't know what routes are gonna be called or what Eli's options are or what he checks to. I just assume the balls gonna be run right or we're gonna follow that unsuccessful run with another to put us in 3rd and long or something of the sort.

So I guess my question is, do you think Eli's going long because the play is drawn up that way or is he making a poor decision based on his options or is he calling an audible?

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Narrow view?

That's it in a nutshell.

Cheers.

[B]

Cool. That's pretty much how I view it. I always had a certain lack of confidence in him but its always been battling with a feeling that he's got it in him to make the play. And I agree this year has been a huge step for him in terms of being a solid, reliable player. I joke that he got it all out of him last year so now hes done with it lol.

In terms of the going long on 3rd and short, how much of that do you attribute to play calling? To be frank, as much as I know about football (played my whole life through high school and have always studied the game) I find it hard to determine certain aspects. For example I would have had no idea Eli checked to the draw on the 2-point conversion vs Green Bay but many on this board spoke of it like it was given.

I mean, more often than not will say "Oh great, the following play will be _________ " and I'm correct but I don't know what routes are gonna be called or what Eli's options are or what he checks to. I just assume the balls gonna be run right or we're gonna follow that unsuccessful run with another to put us in 3rd and long or something of the sort.

So I guess my question is, do you think Eli's going long because the play is drawn up that way or is he making a poor decision based on his options or is he calling an audible?

I think Eli is going long because he thinks he can make a big play.

I believe he needs a bit more patience.

NYfanatic
12-27-2011, 11:41 PM
LOL Eli &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Newton
Eli &gt; Stafford

gumby742
12-27-2011, 11:54 PM
eli deserves it. now if he can only return to form for the rest of the year ... AND if our defense could at least be average, we can go places.

Gmen2005
12-28-2011, 04:16 AM
I love Eli manning

harrycarson
12-28-2011, 05:20 AM
Just saw it on NFL network. Congrats Eli!<FONT color=#ff0000>Sadly he doesnt deserve it. He needs to step up and lead this team</FONT>
</P>

</P>

He does deserve it. However even tho I am a huge Eli fan, in fact he is my favorite all time Giants QB hands down, we could put teams away if we could convert more 3rd and manageable situations. Too often he is going for the deep balls on 3rd and 4 or 6</P>

Antwuan
12-28-2011, 06:17 AM
Congrats to Eli well deserved.

thegreatone
12-28-2011, 08:43 AM
sorry i could care less about any giants making the pro bowl. If it was a game they actually played and was voted on by peers,coaches, and the ap i think it would hold more weight. As of now its a silly popularity contest for a game where you cant even blitz. i dont think ive watched a pro bowl in 15 years.

espnsucks
12-28-2011, 08:54 AM
<font color="#0000FF"><font color="#000000">Steve Smith</font> and <font color="#000000">Larry Fitzgerald beat out Cruz though, even with Cruz leading both in yardage.[:(]</font>
</font>

Ntegrase96
12-28-2011, 11:40 AM
LOL Eli &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Newton
Eli &gt; Stafford

Better than Newton? Yes.

Better than Stafford? Nope.

Manning: 26 tds 16 ints 4,587 yards 60% completion 4 fumbles 8-7 record.
Stafford: 36 tds 14 ints 4,518 yards 63.7% completion 1 fumble 10-5 record

As far as the comeback game winning drive intangible goes. Stafford has also excelled there. I believe his team was down 17 pts three times where the Lions eventually won.

Stafford is clearly having the better year, but hasn't been on the big stage nearly as much (and when he was Rodgers was opposite of him). Chris Collinsworth hyperbole couldn't do him any favors.

Hell, Romo is having a better year.

Manning WAS having the third best year in the NFC up until a couple of weeks before December, but now his TD to turnover ratio is 26 tds to 20 turnovers.

But Congrats to Manning. He has worked his *** off to deserve it and is carrying the team.

Buckeroo
12-28-2011, 11:42 AM
Congrats Eli...</P>

show everyone why on Sunday night......[:D]</P>

jjj45
12-28-2011, 01:52 PM
But Congrats to Manning. He has worked his *** off to deserve it and is carrying the team.
Which is why he won it no? Is anyone here debating stats?

Ntegrase96
12-28-2011, 02:07 PM

Won what? He was voted in by fans. I think he's deserving of the title Pro Bowl QB, but I can think of 4 nfc qbs that have had better years-- 3 of them are on teams that have already have clinched playoff berths.

jjj45
12-28-2011, 02:16 PM

Won what? He was voted in by fans. I think he's deserving of the title Pro Bowl QB, but I can think of 4 nfc qbs that have had better years-- 3 of them are on teams that have already have clinched playoff berths.
Fine, "Voted in" whatever. Im saying he must have been voted to the PB for your reason I quoted above.

And we still have a chance to make to playoffs. We just need to beat you guys. Also, where are those other QB's defenses? Ranked higher than ours I'd imagine.

BurnerNYG
12-28-2011, 02:18 PM
LOL Eli >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Newton
Eli > Stafford

Better than Newton? Yes.

As far as the comeback game winning drive intangible goes. Stafford has also excelled there. I believe his team was down 17 pts three times where the Lions eventually won.

Stafford is clearly having the better year, but hasn't been on the big stage nearly as much (and when he was Rodgers was opposite of him). Chris Collinsworth hyperbole couldn't do him any favors.

Manning WAS having the third best year in the NFC up until a couple of weeks before December, but now his TD to turnover ratio is 26 tds to 20 turnovers.

I agree, I think Stafford got snubbed and this is coming from a Giants fan. Now as far as you 2 hating on Newton, say what you want about him, he can do things on the football field that Eli and Stafford can only dream of.

Screw all that traditional drop back passer (he can do that too by the way) I'm not one of those people that's programmed to believe that this is how someone should play the game.

If you give one man a nail gun and another a hammer, the job is still gonna get done but most people would prefer the nail gun. That's what Newton is, the nail gun... out with the old in with the new. Those guys are decent but Newton is a special player. This is all IMO.

NYfanatic.... Eli>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tebow

Ntegrase96
12-28-2011, 02:33 PM

Fine, "Voted in" whatever. Im saying he must have been voted to the PB for your reason I quoted above.

And we still have a chance to make to playoffs. We just need to beat you guys. Also, where are those other QB's defenses? Ranked higher than ours I'd imagine.

Green Bay Defense- 31st
New York Giants- 28th
Saints- 26th
Lions- 20th

All of whom have better stats as well. Eli WAS in the lead by far. Racking up yards and being the comeback king and all. Stafford has been just as big in comebacks, Drew Brees broke Dan Marino's record with another game left to play, and Aaron Rodgers has 45 tds to 6 ints.

Stiff competition, but like I said, Eli has played well enough for me to consider him pro bowl worthy.

Ntegrase96
12-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Eli &gt; Stafford

Better than Newton? Yes.

I agree, I think Stafford got snubbed and this is coming from a Giants fan. Now as far as you 2 hating on Newton, say what you want about him, he can do things on the football field that Eli and Stafford can only dream of.

Screw all that traditional drop back passer (he can do that too by the way) I'm not one of those people that's programmed to believe that this is how someone should play the game.

If you give one man a nail gun and another a hammer, the job is still gonna get done but most people would prefer the nail gun. That's what Newton is, the nail gun... out with the old in with the new. Those guys are decent but Newton is a special player. This is all IMO.

NYfanatic.... Eli&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Tebow

No hate for Cam here. He just didn't have a good enough year to be considered pro bowl worthy over 5 other QBs (Rodgers, Brees, Stafford, Romo, Manning). Heck even Matt Ryan is having a better year than Cam.

But Cam will do great things in the future.

BurnerNYG
12-28-2011, 02:41 PM
LOL Eli >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Newton
Eli > Stafford

Better than Newton? Yes.

NYfanatic.... Eli>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tebow

No hate for Cam here. He just didn't have a good enough year to be considered pro bowl worthy over 5 other QBs (Rodgers, Brees, Stafford, Romo, Manning). Heck even Matt Ryan is having a better year than Cam.

He's gonna throw for 4000 yards and he's gonna end up rushing for 700. What are you talking about? He has 34 TD's combined. He's not those other QB's... he can make plays with his legs. None of those QB's can do what he does. How the hell is Matt Ryan having a better year?

BurnerNYG
12-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Aaron Rodgers is athletic too, I'm not taking that away from him but he will never rush for 700 yds and 14 TD's. Drew Brees is incredible and I definitely can't take nothing from him but Stafford, Eli and Newton are debatable.

jjj45
12-28-2011, 02:46 PM

Green Bay Defense- 31st
New York Giants- 28th
Saints- 26th
Lions- 20th

All of whom have better stats as well. Eli WAS in the lead by far. Racking up yards and being the comeback king and all. Stafford has been just as big in comebacks, Drew Brees broke Dan Marino's record with another game left to play, and Aaron Rodgers has 45 tds to 6 ints.

Stiff competition, but like I said, Eli has played well enough for me to consider him pro bowl worthy.
You are confused here. I said what QB's that <u>didnt</u> make the probowl. You include Brees and Rodgers, yet they have already made the probowl. Not who I meant at all.

Staffords defense is ranked 9th in the NFC. While Romos is ranked 6th. Not to mention both have extremely better run games. Aren't these the NFC nominees that we are talking about?

but its cool that we both agree on his nomination.

Ntegrase96
12-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Eli &gt; Stafford

Better than Newton? Yes.

NYfanatic.... Eli&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Tebow

He's gonna throw for 4000 yards and he's gonna end up rushing for 700. What are you talking about? He has 34 TD's combined. He's not those other QB's... he can make plays with his legs. None of those QB's can do what he does. How the hell is Matt Ryan having a better year?

Touche. Forgot about Cams rushing TDs. Matt Ryan is NOT having a better year, although his team is in the playoffs.

Ntegrase96
12-28-2011, 03:07 PM

Green Bay Defense- 31st
New York Giants- 28th
Saints- 26th
Lions- 20th

You are confused here. I said what QB's that <u>didnt</u> make the probowl. You include Brees and Rodgers, yet they have already made the probowl. Not who I meant at all.

Staffords defense is ranked 9th in the NFC. While Romos is ranked 6th. Not to mention both have extremely better run games. Aren't these the NFC nominees that we are talking about?

but its cool that we both agree on his nomination.

Yeah, but if you don't use Brees and Rodgers there's still only one spot left.

But yeah, we agree.

Stafford is a better QB than he is recognized for though. In his first full year he's having a better year than Tony Romo has ever had (equaled his highest TD per season with 36, surpassed most yards per season, while limiting his turnovers-- Romo's 36 td season he had 5 more ints than stafford this season). And his running game only averages 8 more yards per game than the Giants but 7 less touchdowns over the year. I remember them being dead last in rushing through their 5-0 start.

jjj45
12-28-2011, 03:17 PM
Yeah, but if you don't use Brees and Rodgers there's still only one spot left.

But yeah, we agree.

Stafford is a better QB than he is recognized for though. In his first full year he's having a better year than Tony Romo has ever had (equaled his highest TD per season with 36, surpassed most yards per season, while limiting his turnovers-- Romo's 36 td season he had 5 more ints than stafford this season). And his running game only averages 8 more yards per game than the Giants but 7 less touchdowns over the year. I remember them being dead last in rushing through their 5-0 start.
Which Eli should rightfully get.

And heres the thing, Stafford is doing great and having a great year and so is Manning. In the end both of them deserve it.

RobCarpenter
12-28-2011, 04:44 PM
Well deserved by Eli, especially when you factor in how poorly ourOLine played and associated lack of a running game for most of the season. He carried this team for significant portions of the season and all those 4th Quarter comebacks were outstanding!</P>

Great to hear about JPP as well, he is a beast and his selection was well deserved!</P>

Go Giants!</P>

dwolfg
12-30-2011, 09:23 AM
Eli did not deserve the probowl over Stafford
1. Stafford had more tds and less ints
2. Stafford's team has a better record
3. Both had poor running games, lions only average 8.6 yards/game more than than the giants while giants scored 7 more rushing tds. Both have had rb injuries. Mikel Leshoure gone all year, Best and Jerome Harrison gone for half the year and K. Smith also missing a lot of playing time after signig on halfway through season.

dwolfg
12-30-2011, 09:30 AM
4.Giants oline has given up 26 sacks and 66 qb hits compared to 34 sacks and 76 qb hits for detroit's oline.
5. Both team's have had many comebacks, but Detroit set the record for 13 and 20 point plus comebacks in a season.
6. Stafford broke his index finger on his throwing hand*accuracy finger) against denver and had to play with gloves for 3 games while it healed. In those three games he threw 9 of his 14 ints. So in 12 other games he only threw 5.