PDA

View Full Version : WHO SHOULD START ON DEFENSE?

Sean Montemayor
03-20-2013, 11:10 PM
Well, in my opinion, this is it...P.S. need a little help with the secondary.
So what do you guys think?

LDE- Jason Pierre-Paul
LDT- Cullen Jenkins
RDT- Linval Joseph
RDE- Mathias Kiwanuka

WLB- Keith Rivers
MLB- Dan Connor
SLB- Jacquian Williams

CB- Prince Amukamara!!!
CB- Antrel Rolle/Aaron Ross
FS- Terrell Thomas/Ryan Mundy
SS- Stevie Brown

Assuming all these guys make it on the final roster and stay healthy.

(Info.)
LDE= Left Defensive End
LDT= Left Defensive Tackle
RDT= Right Defensive Tackle
RDE= Right Defensive End
WLB= Weakside Linebacker
MLB= Middle Linebacker
SLB= Strongside Linebacker
CB= Cornerback (x2)
FS= Free Safety
SS= Strong Safety

NYG4lifeNYK
03-20-2013, 11:13 PM
It's painfully annoying to read so many words lumped together like that.

I'm going to help you out...

LDE- Jason Pierre-Paul
LDT- Cullen Jenkins
RDT- Linval Joseph
RDE- Mathias Kiwanuka
WLB- Keith Rivers
MLB- Dan Connor
SLB- Jacquian Williams
CB- Prince Amukamara
CB- Antrel Rolle/Aaron Ross
FS- Terrell Thomas/Ryan Mundy
SS- Stevie Brown (Assuming all these guys make it on the final roster and stay healthy)

Sean Montemayor
03-20-2013, 11:14 PM
Thanks. I got it.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-20-2013, 11:15 PM
But anyway Jacquian would be the WILL and Rivers would be the SAM in that lineup.

If Rivers is the MLB, Jacquian WILL, Connor SAM

talbot
03-20-2013, 11:21 PM
Ya'll have given up on Webster already?

LDE: Justin Tuck
LDT: Cullen Jenkins
RDT: Linval Joseph
RDE: Jason Pierre-Paul

SLB: Jacquain Williams
MLB: Dan Connor
WLB: Keith Rivers

CB: Prince Amukamara
FS: Antrel Rolle
SS: Stevie Brown
CB: Corey Webster

penguinfarmer
03-20-2013, 11:54 PM
The front 4 and back 4 will be the same players with maybe a shuffling on the defensive line.

It's the LB corps that's too early to tell. I imagine there to be multiple packages depending on the team, with Kiwi still starting some games. Or might as well declare our Nickel as the base.

blueribbon
03-21-2013, 12:03 AM

+1

miked1958
03-21-2013, 12:12 AM
Gotta mix a little jaron and hill in there. These guys will eventually be starters

NYG4lifeNYK
03-21-2013, 12:29 AM

Yall? Did you peep the sig? lol

I haven't posted my list because the draft isn't even here yet and FA isn't over. Kind of pointless.

talbot
03-21-2013, 12:36 AM
Yall? Did you peep the sig? lol

I haven't posted my list because the draft isn't even here yet and FA isn't over. Kind of pointless.

Yea I know, just playing along. And my bad...just skimmed your post and didn't see the explanation.

But I don't really think any defensive players drafted will start (barring injury). When's the last time it happened?

NYG4lifeNYK
03-21-2013, 12:45 AM
Yea I know, just playing along. And my bad...just skimmed your post and didn't see the explanation.

But I don't really think any defensive players drafted will start (barring injury). When's the last time it happened?

Aaron Ross

Not saying who we draft will start(unless we take a LB like Ogletree) moreso it'll dictate who will be playing where.

Just noticed he didn't include O-line.

Mlerman17
03-21-2013, 12:45 AM
Lol Cullen is a rdt and linval a ldt in our system. Rivers and Williams should swap positions. Webster should be starting at cb. Rolle and brown should be the starting safety's. also jpp should play rde over tuck or kiwi.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-21-2013, 12:57 AM
Also Tuck will still be the starting LDE this season, only change they may make is moving him to the right side as they mentioned a few days ago.

Drez
03-21-2013, 01:53 AM
I know religion isn't allowed on these boards, but please bear with me: God help us all if Antrel Rolle is starting at cornerback for us this season.

giantsfan420
03-21-2013, 02:52 AM
lol drez, better be careful isnt there a poster hell bent on reporting u for the stupidest infractions lol

GameTime
03-21-2013, 08:25 AM
Rolle at CB....no way....

Toadofsteel
03-21-2013, 08:33 AM
(I don't really believe that theory floating around that JPP would do more damage from LDE, but to each his own...)
LDE- Kiwi -> Tracy
LDT- Cullen Jenkins -> Markus Kuhn -> Marvin Austin
RDT- Linval Joseph
RDE- JPP -> Ojomo

SAM- Rivers -> Kiwi -> Muasau
MIKE- Connor -> Blackburn (or Herzlich if we don't get Blackburn re-signed)
WILL- Williams -> Paysinger

CB- Prince -> Ross
CB- Webster -> Hosley
FS- Stevie -> Mundy
SS- Rolle -> T2

penguinfarmer
03-21-2013, 08:43 AM
Also Tuck will still be the starting LDE this season, only change they may make is moving him to the right side as they mentioned a few days ago.

Then that would make him the starting RDE.

Carter.525
03-21-2013, 08:57 AM
(I don't really believe that theory floating around that JPP would do more damage from LDE, but to each his own...)
LDE- Kiwi -> Tracy
LDT- Cullen Jenkins -> Markus Kuhn -> Marvin Austin
RDT- Linval Joseph
RDE- JPP -> Ojomo

SAM- Rivers -> Kiwi -> Muasau
MIKE- Connor -> Blackburn (or Herzlich if we don't get Blackburn re-signed)
WILL- Williams -> Paysinger

CB- Prince -> Ross
CB- Webster -> Hosley
FS- Stevie -> Mundy
SS- Rolle -> T2

where's Tuck? and Mundy over Hill?

Toadofsteel
03-21-2013, 08:58 AM
where's Tuck? and Mundy over Hill?
**** forgot about hill (put him in between Rolle and T2). Also Tuck shouldn't be playing football anymore...

ryan12
03-21-2013, 09:00 AM
I know religion isn't allowed on these boards, but please bear with me: God help us all if Antrel Rolle is starting at cornerback for us this season.

wow i agree with you

ryan12
03-21-2013, 09:01 AM

this will be opening day d however if it were up to me hosley would be #2 cb and webster would be #3

nhpgiantsfan
03-21-2013, 09:03 AM
No way Rolle plays CB, other than if he is forced to be the nickel CB. And at this point i think T2 will be lucky to make the team, forget about cracking the starting line up. barring injury of coarse.

BigBlue1971
03-21-2013, 09:09 AM

i dont know if Rolle will ever "start" at cornerback for the Giants!

he will remain as our starting safety but will at times provide support as a cornerback!

personally i think hes been very effective when put in that supportative role and hope the Giants continue those schemes!

Carter.525
03-21-2013, 09:45 AM
here's what Rotoworld thinks..

LE: Justin Tuck
RE: Jason Pierre-Paul
DT: Linval Joseph
DT: Cullen Jenkins*
MLB: Mark Herzlich
WLB: Jacquian Williams
SLB: Mathias Kiwanuka
LCB: Corey Webster
RCB: Prince Amukamara
FS: Stevie Brown
SS: Antrel Rolle

Defensive Overview: The Giants still have the makings of a strong, deep front four, but their back seven is a major concern. Kept after a pay cut, Webster's return isn't necessarily good news barring a dramatic turnaround in his age-31 season. Amukamara looks like he'll be a solid starter, but nickel back is another weakness. All three linebacker positions could be opened to competition if Kiwanuka moves back to end after a sluggish 2012 season. Tuck, 30, isn't the player he once was. GM Jerry Reese is the best in the business, but this defense needs work. He has eight picks in April’s draft.

NYGfanSTRICK
03-21-2013, 10:19 AM
Gotta mix a little jaron and hill in there. These guys will eventually be starters
+1

NYGfanSTRICK
03-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Quick question is Kiwi going to stay at LB or you think he will go back to DE? I like him at DE a lot, I think he is better there where he does not have to worry about coverage as much. Some packages we could use him as a blitzer from the OLB position with JPP and Tuck at the DE's. I think a Tuck/Kiwi rotation with JPP and maybe mix a draft pick or someone young who has shown some potential like Tracy/Ojomo in there every once in a while.

Drez
03-21-2013, 10:24 AM
Gotta mix a little jaron and hill in there. These guys will eventually be startersI don't think Hosley will ever be an everyday starter on the outside. I think we drafted him to be our nickle guy. No shame in that, especially seeing as nickle CB is damn near a starter anyway.

Drez
03-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Quick question is Kiwi going to stay at LB or you think he will go back to DE? I like him at DE a lot, I think he is better there where he does not have to worry about coverage as much. Some packages we could use him as a blitzer from the OLB position with JPP and Tuck at the DE's. I think a Tuck/Kiwi rotation with JPP and maybe mix a draft pick or someone young who has shown some potential like Tracy/Ojomo in there every once in a while.Saying Osi leaves, he'll probably play more DE than LB. However, we'll definitely use him at both spots regardless of which he plays primarily.

NYGfanSTRICK
03-21-2013, 10:29 AM
Saying Osi leaves, he'll probably play more DE than LB. However, we'll definitely use him at both spots regardless of which he plays primarily.

Yeah I agree with that. I kind of feel bad for the guy because he it seems he literally gets moved from DE to LB every other year haha. It is nice to have versatility I suppose!

Drez
03-21-2013, 10:33 AM
Yeah I agree with that. I kind of feel bad for the guy because he it seems he literally gets moved from DE to LB every other year haha. It is nice to have versatility I suppose!We've used him at both spots quite a bit since he came back from his neck injury.

TrueBlue@NYC
03-21-2013, 11:31 AM
I think Kiwi playing OLB or DE will be dependent on Tracy and Ojomo. If at least one of those guys looks like they can be the swing DE, then Kiwi will stay in his current Joker role. If neither of them steps up, he moves back to DE full time.

It's time for the team to either ***** or get off the pot when it comes to deciding if these guys are real players or not. They've had two seasons to look at Ojomo and more than that to see what Tracy has, the coaches should know by now if they're good enough to contibute or not.

NJAquaman
03-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Gotta mix a little jaron and hill in there. These guys will eventually be starters I agree and would like it to be sooner than later for Jaron he showed some nice flashes...