PDA

View Full Version : Improvement so far

mattknoff
03-21-2013, 06:30 AM
This is my first post! I've been a giants fan since Ahmad Bradshaw was drafted. I went to high school with Ahmad and getting to see him play in the NFL has been great. Sorry to see him go and I hope he still has a great future. Now on to my post.

So with the picks we have already gotten from FA what do you think is the biggest improvement we have gained so far. Based on last year's team what do you all see as our biggest weakness? It seems to me like our defense is improving but we still need some action on the OL. I think we need a DE in the first round. That's my two cents.

Sovereign
03-21-2013, 06:44 AM
We've barely improved at all. WR play will be better but that's because Nicks will hopefully be healthy. Also means QB play will be better but that has nothing to do with any offseason moves. That's pretty much it for the offense.

On defense our LBs got marginally better while out defensive line and secondary look incredibly thin.

GameTime
03-21-2013, 08:24 AM
the Giants have filled or refilled some holes but still have a ways to go. The new guys coming in are not upgrades.....yet. One or two may turn out to be very good sigings.
Still need an LG, S, Cruz, LBs.

TheAnalyst
03-21-2013, 09:07 AM
They just have to stay healthy. If they stay healthy, they will be fine. The problem is, they never stay healthy. Giants are bound to lose a few CBs, Prince, T2, ect. The 3 starting LBs, Rivers, Connor and Williams all have injuries it seems every year miss games. Ect.

I have a question for you. You said you went to high school with Bradshaw and became a Giants fan because he was drafted by the Giants. Were you a Giants fan before that? Were you a fan of another team? Will you be a Cowboys fan if they pick him up?

BigBlue1971
03-21-2013, 09:13 AM
i think signing Myers filled a big need! he is a good replacement for Bennett imo! l love that signing.

Cullen Jenkins will also be huge in the middle of the d-line!

Aaron Ross will provide much needed depth in the 2ndary!

Buddy333
03-21-2013, 09:44 AM
No improvements yet. All they did was replace some guys with players we HOPE play well. They need a really good draft.

NYGfanSTRICK
03-21-2013, 10:25 AM
i think signing Myers filled a big need! he is a good replacement for Bennett imo! l love that signing.

Cullen Jenkins will also be huge in the middle of the d-line!

Aaron Ross will provide much needed depth in the 2ndary!
+1

Also I like the Josh Brown upgrade over Tynes even though Tynes did play pretty well last year but he does not have that strong of a leg which bothered me quite a bit. Welcome to the boards too btw I am pretty new hear so it is nice to see other new people as well. I think you will enjoy the board overall. The people on here are very quick to post the latest news and everything which is nice to have.

Drez
03-21-2013, 10:31 AM
We've barely improved at all. WR play will be better but that's because Nicks will hopefully be healthy. Also means QB play will be better but that has nothing to do with any offseason moves. That's pretty much it for the offense.

On defense our LBs got marginally better while out defensive line and secondary look incredibly thin.Honestly, and no hard feelings to the OP, I think our running game is going to be better with Ahmad gone and Wilson and Brown splitting the carries. As much as I loved AB, he lost his patience and his burst was gone.

The defense is mostly the same. Sucks to have lost KP, but he's kind of been our Bob Sanders, great when he's out there, but can you really count on him to be out there?

I think our LBs should see an improvement, too. Boley didn't play well at all last year, so whichever of JWill or Rivers we use there should be an improvement. Unfortunately, both of those guys have had injury issues since joining the NFL. Unless Connor has the IQ of a turnip, I don't see how he isn't an improvement over Chase.

Secondary is much the same as it was last year, but depth is a little better with Ross returning.

Drez
03-21-2013, 10:32 AM
No improvements yet. All they did was replace some guys with players we HOPE play well. They need a really good draft.We replaced guys that we HOPED would play well, and mostly hadn't.

pacco_diablo
03-21-2013, 10:48 AM
Overall I think we're in position to have a slightly better secondary this year, even with the loss of Phillips. Prince has another year under his belt. Thomas will hopefully be able to get his legs under him at some point this year, Ross is back, have to like what we saw with Stevie last year. I definitely have more confidence in our secondary compared to last year.

TrueBlue@NYC
03-21-2013, 11:19 AM
I think it's not so much improving or getting weaker as much as bringing in different talent, and I'm all for giving the roster some serious makeover becuase this team, outside of the 2011 playoff run, has not been all that good over the past 4 years. That's why I'm not worried about losing guys like AB, Canty, Boley and Phillips because while they brought us some success, they were also part of the reason why this team has missed the playoffs three of the last four years.