PDA

View Full Version : It hasn't been a sexy off season... but

Shockeyitus
03-21-2013, 08:24 AM
This is what the Giants do best. They find GOOD FOOTBALLL PLAYERS who can contribute in multiple ways.

Myers - He is going to have a better year than Bennett did. I think he is a better receiver and can stretch the field more.
Mundy - Clearly not the same player as Phillips, but Mundy brings some toughness to the secondary and will challenge both Rolle and Brown for PT.
Jenkins - Phenomenal pick-up! I have really liked this guys game from his days back in GB. Quick burst and can penetrate the line.
Connor - Dude is tough. I remember when he came out of college and everyone on this board (including I) wanted the Giants to draft this kid.
Brown - Hes a kicker.... we needed a kicker.... he will kick.
Ross - Bringing back Ross is smart IMO. He was a great team player and great for the locker room. He was good enough to start and provided quality reps when CWeb and TT needed a breather.
Murphy - Love this guy. Outstanding his rookie year and then who knows what happened... oh wait, Oakland is what happened. Giants got a steal here and he will help Randle to develop.

Giants FO office did a great job getting great players without breaking the bank. Now they can focus on the draft and getting some play-makers.

penguinfarmer
03-21-2013, 09:04 AM
It's been far more active than I would have expected.

ryan12
03-21-2013, 09:05 AM
This is what the Giants do best. They find GOOD FOOTBALLL PLAYERS who can contribute in multiple ways.

Myers - He is going to have a better year than Bennett did. I think he is a better receiver and can stretch the field more.
Mundy - Clearly not the same player as Phillips, but Mundy brings some toughness to the secondary and will challenge both Rolle and Brown for PT.
Jenkins - Phenomenal pick-up! I have really liked this guys game from his days back in GB. Quick burst and can penetrate the line.
Connor - Dude is tough. I remember when he came out of college and everyone on this board (including I) wanted the Giants to draft this kid.
Brown - Hes a kicker.... we needed a kicker.... he will kick.
Ross - Bringing back Ross is smart IMO. He was a great team player and great for the locker room. He was good enough to start and provided quality reps when CWeb and TT needed a breather.
Murphy - Love this guy. Outstanding his rookie year and then who knows what happened... oh wait, Oakland is what happened. Giants got a steal here and he will help Randle to develop.

Giants FO office did a great job getting great players without breaking the bank. Now they can focus on the draft and getting some play-makers.

i agree 100% fo did the best they could do considering the cap hell we were in. sure we lost philips and bennett but we did all the above plus we locked down beatty so i think this has been a awesome free agency. the only thing i would change is cutting webster and diehl and signing sean smith and eric winston but kudos to jr so a solid job so far..

Shockeyitus
03-21-2013, 09:12 AM
i agree 100% fo did the best they could do considering the cap hell we were in. sure we lost philips and bennett but we did all the above plus we locked down beatty so i think this has been a awesome free agency. the only thing i would change is cutting webster and diehl and signing sean smith and eric winston but kudos to jr so a solid job so far..

I agree with you that we should have probably cut CWeb and DD. But, it is clear that the Giants organization is a family and these two have been vital parts to two Super Bowl runs. They have been ultimate football professionals and it seems like JR and Co. are giving the respect that these two warriors deserve by letting them finish the contracts/careers with Big Blue.

Red Dog
03-21-2013, 09:12 AM
I think overall Reese made some good moves. If so, it proves even lousy teams like Oakland have good players. One wonders why they allowed them to walk. A LB from Dallas is another quirk. All that said, I like the TE and receiver selections. I'm wondering if Osi will be back as I haven't heard any interest concerning him and the media and grapevine deadly silent on Cruz. I believe the 1st round pick oenalty has other teams laying off Cruz. If I were a GM in need of a offensive spark in the form of a receiver, I wouldn't care about paying the penalty for waht I know is, instead of drafting what I don't know.
Overall, I think Reese has injected speed into the offense at RB and Receivers.

Carter.525
03-21-2013, 09:16 AM
It's been far more active than I would have expected.

+1

NYGfanSTRICK
03-21-2013, 10:16 AM
I like how we came out and were pretty aggressive it seemed. We were not aggressive like some teams throwing huge contracts at average players. We found quite a few under the radar guys who can help the team a lot for not a whole lot of money. The Brown pickup is going to be a nice one I think. He is a freak at kicking! I have seen him since he was at Nebraska. Tons of power and accurate, I am pumped that we can finally have someone who can consistently boot it into the deep endzone our out of the endzone on kick offs. He also can hit deep kicks which is what he is known for. I am sure getting used to wind at the Meadowlands will probably take a while but by the time the season kicks off I think he should have a pretty good feel for it. Although it really gets going in the end of the season when it gets cold but he will learn. All of the other signings I think were really nice too, the only guy I really know nothing about is Mundy but I do not have a problem with it since we already have some pretty good safeties on our team and he can add some depth. Very solid offseason for us as far as Free Agency has gone.

TopleyBird
03-21-2013, 12:06 PM
I prefer un-sexy acquisitions.

giants8493
03-21-2013, 12:09 PM
Well he won't help Randle develop but I did like your explanation on why brown was a good pick up. Very simple.

myles2424
03-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Now if we can spend a few bucks o the Oline.....didn't Willie colon only get like 1.5?? We need to bring somebody in,anybody!!