PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Has Minor Hand Surgery...

RoanokeFan
03-21-2013, 04:03 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2013/03/wilson-has-minor-hand-surgery-snee-off-crutches

Excerpt: "David Wilson told the Daily News Thursday that he recently had minor hand surgery to remove a bone chip in his palm.

"It happened awhile ago," Wilson said at a Boost Mobile "Shrink Hunger" event in Harlem. "I didn't want to do it, like, before the season. But it was already chipped. So (they) just take it out so it won't be floating around."Wilson was still sporting several black stitches running from his palm down his wrist on Thursday. The injury is hardly serious, though, he said, and he's not expecting to miss any time because of it. In fact, Wilson said he has been training at the Giants facility the last several weeks." Read more...

BigBlue wins
03-21-2013, 04:09 PM
Hand surgery was minor....Chris Snee though, is much more interesting to see how he performs after rehab

RoanokeFan
03-21-2013, 04:10 PM
A good sign he's off crutches, but time will tell

titwio
03-21-2013, 04:10 PM
Season's ruined!!

Buddy333
03-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Why wait this long though?

RoanokeFan
03-21-2013, 04:12 PM

This long for removing the chip?

Cloud57
03-21-2013, 04:13 PM
Season's ruined!!we need to draft his replacement just in case.

talbot
03-21-2013, 04:13 PM

Because he's a young kid who wanted as much playing time as possible?

Buddy333
03-21-2013, 04:25 PM
Just saying the season ended months ago. Why not get it done sooner even if its not major just in case it did take a little longer to get better?

talbot
03-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Just saying the season ended months ago. Why not get it done sooner even if its not major just in case it did take a little longer to get better?

Oh haha, I thought you meant why didn't he get the surgery during the regular season. No clue. If it's not a big deal, I'll take the kids word for it.

GiantRoc
03-21-2013, 04:43 PM
I can hear the announcers now..." The Giants' David Wilson, already has a history of fumbling. Chris, how do you see this off-season surgery affecting his ball handling?"

Sounds like it's no big deal, (fingers crossed hahaha). Better to get it taken care of so there will be no aggravation later during the season.

RoanokeFan
03-21-2013, 05:18 PM
I can hear the announcers now..." The Giants' David Wilson, already has a history of fumbling. Chris, how do you see this off-season surgery affecting his ball handling?"

Sounds like it's no big deal, (fingers crossed hahaha). Better to get it taken care of so there will be no aggravation later during the season.

+1

Drez
03-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Just saying the season ended months ago. Why not get it done sooner even if its not major just in case it did take a little longer to get better?It's easy to make decisions with other people's bodies.

appodictic
03-21-2013, 05:47 PM
Who said Bradshaw was not durable? both Brown and Wilson have had surgery in their rookie seasons. I think I will call him chip wilson. Interesting how he kept it a secret. I wonder if we would have let bradshaw go knowing wilson was going to have a surgery.

Flip Empty
03-21-2013, 05:51 PM
Who said Bradshaw was not durable? both Brown and Wilson have had surgery in their rookie seasons. I think I will call him chip wilson. Interesting how he kept it a secret. I wonder if we would have let bradshaw go knowing wilson was going to have a surgery.
Sounds like it was more of an irritant than a hindrance.

Not sure how you can compare Bradshaw's surgery to Wilson's. Massive difference.

appodictic
03-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Same deal one guy cant walk, one guy cant hold the ball.

Flip Empty
03-21-2013, 05:57 PM
Same deal one guy cant walk, one guy cant hold the ball.
Wilson fumbled once, what are you talking about?

byron
03-21-2013, 07:03 PM
It's easy to make decisions with other people's bodies. ha.... or maybe the doc was busy

RoanokeFan
03-21-2013, 07:13 PM

Do you think he did this without medical staff input? Is it possible they tried non-invasive treatment first? If you're like me, my medical degree is still in the mail.

Buddy333
03-21-2013, 07:49 PM
Do you think he did this without medical staff input? Is it possible they tried non-invasive treatment first? If you're like me, my medical degree is still in the mail.Grouchy lately? Don't think it's that big a deal but with surgery there is always chances for set backs even if they are just minor.