PDA

View Full Version : kenny phillips

Nyflava4ya420
12-27-2011, 08:09 PM
Does anyone think kenny phillips should have been a pro bowler? At least an alternate, I don't know if can name name a lot of safetys out there better than him, i know he's not noticed much because he plays deep.

However, you never really see him beat that often and he does have four picks on the year and can deliver the big hit.

I personally think he should have had some consideration.

elisupporter10
12-27-2011, 08:11 PM
No. Our secondary is garbage, no one deserves to be in the Pro Bowl.

Eli2Nicks612
12-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Philips is very good and one of the better safeties but he doesn't deserve to be on the roster.

Nyflava4ya420
12-27-2011, 08:14 PM

I don't think that's fair to Kenny, yes our cb play and Saftey play (Antrel) have been bad, but we lost TT, Goff, Osi etc...that's a lot of players to lose on D.

Plus Fewell sucks, but Kenny has been the one constant good player out there, at least I believe so.

Rich4114
12-27-2011, 08:52 PM
All I care about is that KP had a great year. He's looking like he was supposed to look before the injury. It's a shame he gets fined for every big hit, but I'm glad he keeps doing it. The one hit he put on Graham in the Saints game was pretty awesome and on top of that he's been getting his hands on the deep balls coming up with some picks.

smashndash715
12-27-2011, 08:53 PM
I was excited about kp when we drafted him..bought his jersey right away..and although its taken longer then expected i think he is turning into a really good saftey..hard hitter and has good ball skills..could have made the pro bowl but so could webster

DemandedAce
12-27-2011, 09:43 PM
KP has been an awesome constant for our team this season. You can definitely tell the difference having him in there, every game he's been out our defense has been gashed by deep plays but with him in it rarely ever happens. Having him in to shore up the back end keeps me VERY happy, he can definitely morph into an Ed Reed type player in my opinion, although this may be a lot of hope because I played safety and love seeing him play. If Sash can improve a lot in coverage and take over for Rolle I'd love having KP and Sash back there to hand out big hits and run stuff

Itlan
12-27-2011, 09:57 PM
KP has a certain role in this defense that he excels at. Could he be a ballhawk? Probably. Could he used more in blitzing and los play, like an Adrian Wilson type? Absolutely.

He's very versatile, but right now he is playing the high safety, and according to PFF is the best in the league at it.

I love KP.

jomo
12-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Does anyone think kenny phillips should have been a pro bowler? At least an alternate, I don't know if can name name a lot of safetys out there better than him, i know he's not noticed much because he plays deep.

However, you never really see him beat that often and he does have four picks on the year and can deliver the big hit.

I personally think he should have had some consideration.
If a dozen guys should get "some consideration" then KP should have gotten him some.

JJC7301
12-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Not at all.

IamGiantsfan
12-27-2011, 10:28 PM
Been a big fan of what KP has done this season, defiantly at least a candidate for the probowl

VBGiantsFan
12-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Been a big fan of what KP has done this season, defiantly at least a candidate for the probowl

KP is not a game changing safety like he was drafted to be. He is above average, but that doesn't warrant a probowl bid.

The only player in the secondary MAYBE deserving consideration is Webster.

PoloGroundsFan
12-27-2011, 11:11 PM
I agree with Webster being considered. Always plays the other # 1 and had to live with the idiot DC until last Saturday when the D-backs basically shut down the Jet receivers. They may have completed 29 passes but nothing long, a really good job.

scf424
12-28-2011, 12:50 AM
I'd like to see what he does against Dallas. If my memory serves me correctly (it can get hazy), he missed the first Dallas game.

Should be a big help against the deep ball.

bashful
12-28-2011, 01:45 AM

really??

giants2thebowl
12-28-2011, 01:59 AM
Been a big fan of what KP has done this season, defiantly at least a candidate for the probowlwhy do people always misspell definitely like 'defiantly', way off

DemandedAce
12-28-2011, 03:04 AM
Been a big fan of what KP has done this season, defiantly at least a candidate for the probowlwhy do people always misspell definitely like 'defiantly', way off

Excellent contribution. Thank you for pointing that out for us we had no idea what he was trying to convey to us, phew.

BlueBlooded1979
12-28-2011, 05:48 AM

KP is not a game changing safety like he was drafted to be. He is above average, but that doesn't warrant a probowl bid.

The only player in the secondary MAYBE deserving consideration is Webster.

Adrian Wilson is ? He is a disatser in coverage and his numbers don't match KP this year.

Part of the issue is that KP is classified as a SS and Adrian Wilson is basically given the spot every year even with poor coverage skills.

Guys like Polamalu, Ray Lewis, Patrick Willis are basically automatics at this point. Even if they miss games or have off years.

UK-Giantsfan
12-28-2011, 07:22 AM
i like KP and admire the way he has battled back from serious injury ......but the collective record of our Defensive secondary this season is abysmal and no player from that group is worthy of Pro Bowl consideration this year ( IMO )

burier
12-28-2011, 10:24 AM

really??

its true.

When you have guys running open its hard to send anyone from that unit to the probowl unless he's got some really out of this world stats to back it up.

Maybe next year when the D plays better.

IamGiantsfan
12-28-2011, 10:51 AM

really??

its true.

When you have guys running open its hard to send anyone from that unit to the probowl unless he's got some really out of this world stats to back it up.

If we are going by stats, Kenny Phillips wins.

SS in probowl (Adrian Wilson
62 Tackles 12 pass defenses, 1 ff, 1 int

Kenny Phillips
74 Tackles, 11 pass defenses, 1 ff, 4 int

The Giants let up on average 35 more (passing) yards per a game, not exactly huge difference, considering we have played Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers,

Firenugget
12-28-2011, 11:33 AM
nope.

burier
12-28-2011, 12:21 PM

really??

its true.

If we are going by stats, Kenny Phillips wins.

SS in probowl (Adrian Wilson
62 Tackles 12 pass defenses, 1 ff, 1 int

Kenny Phillips
74 Tackles, 11 pass defenses, 1 ff, 4 int

The Giants let up on average 35 more (passing) yards per a game, not exactly huge difference, considering we have played Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers,

Guy our secondary has played like trash. There's no two ways about it. Getting 4 ints on suspect defense isn't going to get you in the probowl unless you have a name.

KP has played well. And when he missed a game we couldn't cover anybody so that gets high praise for him but our secondary as a whole has been too sorry for anyone to be in the probowl.