PDA

View Full Version : Osi says winning in ATL would be better than in NY.

GentleGiant
03-23-2013, 06:57 PM
http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000153137

4 beats 0

darrin99
03-23-2013, 07:00 PM
Meh. I don't really expect him to say "I really want to stay in NY, but Atlanta is my 2nd choice".

Zaggs
03-23-2013, 07:14 PM
I want whatever he is smoking.

ELI_HOF_NYG
03-23-2013, 07:36 PM
who cares what this jamoke thinks. obviously not many teams think too highly of him.

Rudyy
03-23-2013, 07:42 PM
He's obviously saying that to get signed. And even if he did mean it, then ok.

Mlerman17
03-23-2013, 08:14 PM
What a shame...He was such a great GIANT for many years. Why would he say anything that could ruin his standing with the fans?

darrin99
03-23-2013, 08:15 PM
What a shame...He was such a great GIANT for many years. Why would he say anything that could ruin his standing with the fans?

Because he wants a job in Atlanta.

jomo
Lol, wait til Atlanta sees his dance moves coming off the snap.
Osi = Mr. Softee

FBomb
Once a **** always a ****.

TroyArcher
03-23-2013, 08:51 PM
I don't think he has anything left. We will see.

nhpgiantsfan
03-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Another non story. He's trying to get the fans on his side, and its the town he lives in. Any Giant fan that gets offended by this needs to get a grip.

penguinfarmer
03-23-2013, 08:57 PM
I wish he had gone to Cleveland for certain comic reasons. :D

rebelfan1966
03-23-2013, 09:13 PM
I didnt have a problem with what he said....

Ruttiger711
03-23-2013, 09:21 PM
It's been what, 4-5 years of Osi spouting off nonsense? This is the most consistent aspect of his game.

jomo
03-23-2013, 09:29 PM
It's been what, 4-5 years of Osi spouting off nonsense? This is the most consistent aspect of his game.Pretty much. Maybe I'd say it's the strongest part of his game.

TCHOF
03-23-2013, 09:34 PM
Does Osi ever say anything that is not dumb?

jomo
03-23-2013, 09:34 PM
Does Osi ever say anything that is not dumb?.................can I get back to you on that? lol

JR played this fool perfectly.

radar-ray
03-23-2013, 09:38 PM
Another non story. He's trying to get the fans on his side, and its the town he lives in. Any Giant fan that gets offended by this needs to get a grip. This !!!

jomo
03-23-2013, 09:44 PM
Another non story. He's trying to get the fans on his side, and its the town he lives in. Any Giant fan that gets offended by this needs to get a grip.I can't disagree with that ............but he was a loose cannon for most of his career here and JR had to spend too much time baby sitting him for my taste. It is good to have him gone.

FBomb
03-23-2013, 09:46 PM
Another non story. He's trying to get the fans on his side, and its the town he lives in. Any Giant fan that gets offended by this needs to get a grip.

Go eat one. I'm a Giants fan not an Osi fan. He once was a great player,,,,but he's always been a whiney, mouthy girl. The Giants will be around a lot longer than his final 2 years in the NFL. Years that will be filled with him not living up to his past or self hype.

Goodbye Osi.....get bent!

ShakeandBake
03-23-2013, 09:49 PM
Go eat one. I'm a Giants fan not an Osi fan. He once was a great player,,,,but he's always been a whiney, mouthy girl. The Giants will be around a lot longer than his final 2 years in the NFL. Years that will be filled with him not living up to his past or self hype.

Goodbye Osi.....get bent!

How dare you talk like that to the 2013 DPOY, and the man who will break strahan's sack record!

jomo
03-23-2013, 09:52 PM

Goodbye Osi.....get bent!Thanks FB. I wish I said that.

Rat_bastich
03-23-2013, 10:06 PM
Ehhh, he's trying to find a new team and will say anything to get on one. Atlanta is supposedly in talks with him so he has to grease them up. Are we going to monitor and over react to everything every ex-Giant says?

FBomb
03-23-2013, 10:16 PM
Ehhh, he's trying to find a new team and will say anything to get on one. Atlanta is supposedly in talks with him so he has to grease them up. Are we going to monitor and over react to everything every ex-Giant says?

Why not?....We react to whenever anyone who WASN'T an ex-Giant talks against us. Does being an ex-Giant mean your immune from criticism?

lamas
03-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Osi's quote: “New York fans definitely expect a lot out of you because of their history,” Umenyiora said. “There was nothing better than to be able to win there. The only thing I can think of that would be better than being able to win in New York would be to be able to win here in Atlanta.” [His home town]Don't see anything wrong with what he said. Jomo and Fbomb: "Get bent osi"? You sound like the whiney ones now.

FBomb
03-23-2013, 10:21 PM
Osi's quote: “New York fans definitely expect a lot out of you because of their history,” Umenyiora said. “There was nothing better than to be able to win there. The only thing I can think of that would be better than being able to in New York would be to be able to win here in Atlanta.” [His home town]Don't see anything wrong with what he said. Jomo and Fbomb: "Get bent osi"? You sound like the whiney ones now.

Don't give a **** what you think. This is how I feel about him, Your opinion has zero factor on anything.

lamas
03-23-2013, 10:23 PM
Don't give a **** what you think. This is how I feel about him, Your opinion has zero factor on anything.You drinkin tequila tonight or something? If you don't give a ****, why even reply?

FBomb
03-23-2013, 10:26 PM
You drinkin tequila tonight or something? If you don't give a ****, why even reply?

Wine and a little weed....It's a message board....you were addressing me. Not telling you that I don't give a **** what you think would have been rude.

lamas
03-23-2013, 10:31 PM
Wine and a little weed....It's a message board....you were addressing me. Not telling you that I don't give a **** what you think would have been rude.LOL. Thank you for the manners then. So basically you just wanted to use osi's benign remark as an excuse to kick a guy (past his prime) in the *** on the way out the door. ...not rude at all.

Rudyy
03-23-2013, 10:34 PM
LOL. Thank you for the manners then. So basically you just wanted to use osi's benign remark as an excuse to kick a guy (past his prime) in the *** on the way out the door. ...not rude at all.Well Osi warranted this, no?

giantyankee1976
03-23-2013, 10:35 PM
LOL, and KP said, "he would learn to hate the Giants."

who gives a french roll?

FBomb
03-23-2013, 10:37 PM
LOL. Thank you for the manners then. So basically you just wanted to use osi's benign remark as an excuse to kick a guy (past his prime) in the *** on the way out the door. ...not rude at all.

Why do you care so much about my opinion of Osi and his mouth? Do you think Osi gives a **** what I think? But I'm allowed to give my opinion of him on here, no matter how many overly sensitive posters don't like it. My non-love for Osi has been years in the making. You being upset about that isn't going to change that.

FBomb
03-23-2013, 10:39 PM
Well Osi warranted this, no?

Of course not....Osi got screwed by Reese by making him sign a contract that made him the highest paid player at his position at the time. Then he went on a very RATIONAL public *****-fest when someone else got more 2 years later.

lamas
03-23-2013, 10:41 PM
Well Osi warranted this, no?If you're referring to his quote in the link on the first page, then I'd say no. If you're talking about him *****ing about his contract then I can see why some would think that way. It never bothered me though. Guy was a good Giant. I respect him and wish him luck (yeah, boring response. I know).

Ruttiger711
03-23-2013, 10:44 PM
If you're referring to his quote in the link on the first page, then I'd say no. If you're talking about him *****ing about his contract then I can see why some would think that way. It never bothered me though. Guy was a good Giant. I respect him and wish him luck (yeah, boring response. I know).Totally correct, he was a good Giant. If you were to ask Osi, he would say he was a GREAT Giant.

FBomb
03-23-2013, 10:44 PM
If you're referring to his quote in the link on the first page, then I'd say no. If you're talking about him *****ing about his contract then I can see why some would think that way. It never bothered me though. Guy was a good Giant. I respect him and wish him luck (yeah, boring response. I know).

And you're allowed to feel that way. We feel differently about this.

BlueReign
03-23-2013, 10:51 PM
Bye Osi. Best of luck. It won't be better winning in ATL, not like you're going to win there anyway.

Rudyy
03-23-2013, 10:52 PM
If you're referring to his quote in the link on the first page, then I'd say no. If you're talking about him *****ing about his contract then I can see why some would think that way. It never bothered me though. Guy was a good Giant. I respect him and wish him luck (yeah, boring response. I know).I meant his contract drama. That kind of stuff drives me nuts.

lamas
03-23-2013, 10:52 PM
Why do you care so much about my opinion of Osi and his mouth? Do you think Osi gives a **** what I think? But I'm allowed to give my opinion of him on here, no matter how many overly sensitive posters don't like it. My non-love for Osi has been years in the making. You being upset about that isn't going to change that.I'm not upset. I care because your opinion differs from mine. That's all. I also thought it was ironic that you were whining about osi and his whining is the reason for your non-love.

Rudyy
03-23-2013, 10:54 PM
The Atlanta quote was odd but I can see what he's trying to do. The contract crap was stupid to me. It doesn't make him a bad player, but it was annoying and stupid as hell.

BlueReign
03-23-2013, 10:55 PM
I meant his contract drama. That kind of stuff drives me nuts.
Definitely was annoying and unprofessional, but he got the job down for the most part.

Rudyy
03-23-2013, 10:58 PM
Definitely was annoying and unprofessional, but he got the job down for the most part.Whatever makes him happy I guess lol.

FBomb
03-23-2013, 11:04 PM
I'm not upset. I care because your opinion differs from mine. That's all. I also thought it was ironic that you were whining about osi and his whining is the reason for your non-love.

You seem to want to insult MY opinion of Osi, I don't care enough about yours to bother. If not liking a player for publicly whining about a contract he willing signed for several seasons in a row and tried to hold the Giants hostage by threatening to hold out and suddenly announce he's going in for surgery before a season and miss games makes me a whiner in YOUR eyes....so be it. It's not a very smart opinion on your part....but it's still yours.

mercurio
03-23-2013, 11:45 PM
Winning in Atlanta would be better because its harder to do.

Rat_bastich
03-23-2013, 11:56 PM
Why not?....We react to whenever anyone who WASN'T an ex-Giant talks against us. Does being an ex-Giant mean your immune from criticism?

No, but is there a point to it? Every time someone says something it gets scrutinized, torn apart and for the most part is something taken out of context because the focus is only on a negative aspect of an interview. How many times have we had hate posts because of a perceived slight?

Let the man move on and talk and from what I have read it wasn't as bad a statement that it was made out to be. The guy is getting a fresh start somewhere and is making a statement that will placate the fans and the organization.

Antwuan
03-23-2013, 11:58 PM
Good Luck With That Osi.

mercurio
03-23-2013, 11:58 PM
Our run game against Atlanta just improved.

Antwuan
03-24-2013, 12:00 AM

+1

FBomb
03-24-2013, 12:13 AM
No, but is there a point to it? Every time someone says something it gets scrutinized, torn apart and for the most part is something taken out of context because the focus is only on a negative aspect of an interview. How many times have we had hate posts because of a perceived slight?

Let the man move on and talk and from what I have read it wasn't as bad a statement that it was made out to be. The guy is getting a fresh start somewhere and is making a statement that will placate the fans and the organization.

Is there a point to it? Really? How many times do the members of a MB need reminding that this is a MB? The POINT is some people are bothered by Osi's past actions and some are not. This is where it gets talked about.

Is there a point to complaining about an interception or a dropped ball or a blown coverage? It isn't going to change things. Should those people shut up too?

Here's an idea....how about you LET people decide for themselves if something Giants related is worth discussing for themselves and if you feel it's not worthy...don't. It is not your place to decide for others what is worth discussing.

FBomb
03-24-2013, 12:14 AM

BOOM!!! Ha Ha!!

dnotch121
03-24-2013, 12:32 AM
Meh.... wilson will be gashing him

B&RWarrior
03-24-2013, 04:37 AM
There is no story here. An older player near the end of his career talking up a prospective new team. He said nothing was better than winning in NY and then added that winning with his prospective new employer could be better. Sounds like a great job interview answer. He's trying to say the right things to get a job. He never brought up his old contract or issues with the Giants, he kept it positive and forward looking as you should. I wish him the best of luck and hope he can make as much money as possible wherever he goes. Osi was a core player on the last 2 SB winning teams. Thanks Osi!

Plenty of contracts get signed in business that in hindsight people regret. I don't know why people think pro athletes should be above these kind of regrets. I always thought he played hard when he was out there regardless of his contract issues. If you play hard I could care less if you whine, cry, or all the other crap.

IMO, it is hypocritical to put LT up on a pedestal and then demonize Osi for his comparably insignificant off the field issues.

giantyankee1976
03-24-2013, 07:42 AM
Winning in Atlanta would be better because its harder to do.

I thought maybe cause no gives a fig newton about A-Town...not even their Braves.

nhpgiantsfan
03-24-2013, 08:27 AM

You have to much time on your hands.

nhpgiantsfan
03-24-2013, 08:30 AM
There is no story here. An older player near the end of his career talking up a prospective new team. He said nothing was better than winning in NY and then added that winning with his prospective new employer could be better. Sounds like a great job interview answer. He's trying to say the right things to get a job. He never brought up his old contract or issues with the Giants, he kept it positive and forward looking as you should. I wish him the best of luck and hope he can make as much money as possible wherever he goes. Osi was a core player on the last 2 SB winning teams. Thanks Osi!

Plenty of contracts get signed in business that in hindsight people regret. I don't know why people think pro athletes should be above these kind of regrets. I always thought he played hard when he was out there regardless of his contract issues. If you play hard I could care less if you whine, cry, or all the other crap.

IMO, it is hypocritical to put LT up on a pedestal and then demonize Osi for his comparably insignificant off the field issues.

+1. Stop getting butt hurt over Osi people.

FBomb
03-24-2013, 09:36 AM
You have to much time on your hands.

Nice rebuttal....too bad it has nothing to do with the conversation and is therefore meaningless. I guess responding to the actual question was too difficult for you. Not to mention, i'm not the one with so much time on his hands that I will continue to post in a thread I consider to be a non story.

No matter what you and a few others think about Osi's behavior while he was a Giant, it doesn't give you the right to decide that other posters don't have the right to feel the way they do about him and open a topic of discussion about it.

Saying "there is no story here" doesn't make it true....it just means you're trying to belittle someone else's opinion of it. If there was TRULY no story, you wouldn't bother posting in a thread about it. If there was truly no story...there would be no thread.

FBomb
03-24-2013, 09:38 AM
+1. Stop getting butt hurt over Osi people.

Like I said before...go eat one. I will get "butt hurt" over what ever I feel deserves being "butt hurt" over....despite your obsessive need to appear superior because it doesn't bother you.

FBomb
03-24-2013, 09:42 AM

I do not put LT on a pedestal. As a matter of fact, my man cave and me son's bedroom are void of ANYTHING that glorifies LT. I don't want my son thinking it's ok to be a scumbag just because you are a gifted athlete or was once a hero to many. The onky thing I have is a signed game jersey that sits in plastic in the top of my closest. When it's value goes back up I will sell it.

nhpgiantsfan
03-24-2013, 10:11 AM
Like I said before...go eat one. I will get "butt hurt" over what ever I feel deserves being "butt hurt" over....despite your obsessive need to appear superior because it doesn't bother you.

It yours as well as many others attitude that turns to immediate hatred towards players that helped us win two rings, as soon as they leave here, that is just so immature. He's just another player that the Giants haven't even made an offer to, who is going to sign somewhere else and he is talking up that team. Plus, seeing as he lives in Atlanta and the fact that it would be their first SB, his comments are kind of understandable.

FBomb
03-24-2013, 10:27 AM
It yours as well as many others attitude that turns to immediate hatred towards players that helped us win two rings, as soon as they leave here, that is just so immature. He's just another player that the Giants haven't even made an offer to, who is going to sign somewhere else and he is talking up that team. Plus, seeing as he lives in Atlanta and the fact that it would be their first SB, his comments are kind of understandable.

I have addressed why I feel the way I do about Osi MORE THAN ONCE in this thread. You either have comprehension issues or you are choosing to ignore them to continue to further your agenda with this conversation.

You are not a more "mature" poster than I because you choose to ignore the way Osi publicly handled his business when he was a Giant. If you choose to bury your head in the sand just beacuse he was once a great player...that's fine....but it doesn't make you better than anyone else here.

I don't like Osi the person. He was wrong about his contract...Reese had all the leverage and Osi threw a public hissy fit over it for several seasons. There was no "immediate" hatred toward him. There are years worth of posts from me condemning his behavior. I hope this dumbed down version of my explination helps.

Die-Hard
03-24-2013, 10:41 AM
Civility. Lets find some, shall we?

Thanks

FBomb
03-24-2013, 10:44 AM
Civility. Lets find some, shall we?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure I have mantained a level of civilty in this conversation,,,,compared to my usual lack thereof.:p

ShakeandBake
03-24-2013, 11:35 AM

You're right I'm sure Detroit fans feel the same way about Titus Young and how he tried to sabotage their team. You are quick to forget all of the stunts Osi has pulled since he has been here. Do you feel the same way about Shockey as you do Osi? I highly doubt it.

FBomb
03-24-2013, 11:41 AM
You're right I'm sure Detroit fans feel the same way about Titus Young and how he tried to sabotage their team. You are quick to forget all of the stunts Osi has pulled since he has been here. Do you feel the same way about Shockey as you do Osi? I highly doubt it.

I was a HUGE Shockey fan. I even had a giant cardboard cut out of him in the man cave. That ended up in a bonfire!! I am a GIANTS fan first.

nhpgiantsfan
03-24-2013, 11:51 AM
If a team can cut a player before a contract is up, why is it so wrong for a player to want more money before a contact is up? This is how the NFL works. Don't take it personal. Osi never had one teammate or the head coach say a bad word about him. Comparing him to Shockey is an insult. Shockey caused problems in the huddle and for the whole team.

ShakeandBake
03-24-2013, 12:00 PM
If a team can cut a player before a contract is up, why is it so wrong for a player to want more money before a contact is up? This is how the NFL works. Don't take it personal. Osi never had one teammate or the head coach say a bad word about him. Comparing him to Shockey is an insult. Shockey caused problems in the huddle and for the whole team.

You clearly just don't get it. Where did I, or anyone else for that matter complain about the man trying to get paid? We care that he is a malcontent and tried to screw the team over by going in for unnecessary knee surgery two years ago, which was more of an effort to screw the organization and the team than Shockey ever put forth.

FBomb
03-24-2013, 12:04 PM

Because it's stated in the contract that way. It's a general misconception that owners don't honor contracts because they can cut a player. Osi was wrong about his contract because he WILLINGLY signed it with that language in it and was paid a boat load of money UP FRONT, making him the highest paid player at his position at that time. He has the right to WANT to get paid more,,,,but I have the right to not like the way he went about it. He threatened to hold out...publicly called Reese a liar....had a surprise surgery just before the season started because he didn't get his way and missed several games. Not to mention his decreased level of play WHILE demanding more money.

The Shockey comparison is TOTALLY valid as it is merely an example of how I am a Giants fan before I am a player fan. They both behaved in a manor I don't like. Just because it wasn't the SAME behavior doesn't mean the point isn't made.

What I take personally in this conversation is that you think your the more mature poster because you choose to ignore Osi's behavior and that it isn't a discussion worth having. You don't get to decide that for anyone else. If it isn't worth having to you....stay out of it.

ShakeandBake
03-24-2013, 12:04 PM
I was a HUGE Shockey fan. I even had a giant cardboard cut out of him in the man cave. That ended up in a bonfire!! I am a GIANTS fan first.

Same here, just goes to show ya that sometimes the potential is just not worth it with these types(wish we would've kept Shiancoe!)

FBomb
03-24-2013, 12:10 PM
Same here, just goes to show ya that sometimes the potential is just not worth it with these types(wish we would've kept Shiancoe!)

Yeah.....what a huge blunder that was. Thank goodness the Boss man filled the role adequately.

giantyankee1976
03-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Shiancoe's a free agent by the way.

just saying :P

FBomb
03-24-2013, 05:19 PM
Shiancoe's a free agent by the way.

just saying :P

REESE YOU STOOPID IMGRATE!!!!! GET IT DONE!!

ha...haven't kept up...what's the deal with him? Is he healthy?

zimonami
03-24-2013, 05:52 PM

I'll never praise LT for his off the field problems, but you never got less that 100% from him on any snap in his career... and he never once criticized the organization.
Meanwhile, I will aso have no negative remarks about Osi's off the field behavior, either.. even though he bad mouthed Reese for years about his contract. And, THEN, Osi played the injury/surgery card at a horrible time, was less than a good team mate in preseason, and gave less than 100% on the field.
As far as a player, team mate, effort, and pride in the Giants go, I'll give L.T. a 10 and I'll give Osi a 5, and thanks for the good years before he bacame a mouth.
Finally, Osi is delusional. He gets no better than a C for his play the last two years, and he was an embarrassing wuss on running plays.
You can't even begin to compare Osi to LT when it comes to effort for the Giants.
If we can't put LT on a pedestal, then we need to dig a hole for Osi to stand in when those 2 Giants stand next to each other.

zimonami
03-24-2013, 05:56 PM
I'm pretty sure I have mantained a level of civilty in this conversation,,,,compared to my usual lack thereof.:p
Seriously? You have been an altar boy on here today... respect and decorum at all times. Restraint is a virtue.
And, btw, I am aso reading these boards, watching NCAA hoops, and enjoying my wine and weed, too.
Cheers, FB... Enjoy the day.

FBomb
03-24-2013, 08:41 PM
Seriously? You have been an altar boy on here today... respect and decorum at all times. Restraint is a virtue.
And, btw, I am aso reading these boards, watching NCAA hoops, and enjoying my wine and weed, too.
Cheers, FB... Enjoy the day.

I got to have sex with the wife too!!

zimonami
03-24-2013, 09:14 PM
I got to have sex with the wife too!!
hahahahaha... sounds like a completely excellent Sunday afternoon.

FBomb
03-24-2013, 10:24 PM
hahahahaha... sounds like a completely excellent Sunday afternoon.

If only Cruz had signed the offer....it would have been perfect.

giantyankee1976
03-25-2013, 07:02 AM
REESE YOU STOOPID IMGRATE!!!!! GET IT DONE!!

ha...haven't kept up...what's the deal with him? Is he healthy?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6427

http://www.nfl.com/player/visantheshiancoe/2505561/profile

might be nothing, damn Belicheck seems overly sentimental all things NYG