PDA

View Full Version : big picture

sinn fein
12-27-2011, 08:35 PM
any one who thinks we will ever win a super bowl with fewell n gilbride just doesnt know football.id love to see spags back after he gets fired this year and could we pleeeeease get rid of worthless gilbride.sooooo vanilla. i wonder what our offense could look like with a creative mind.he has gotten a pass since the super bowl ,which we all know the defense won.he is just the worst.the dillema is getting in the playoffs and back to the same old thing.there isnothing worse than rooting for a team thats motivated half the time.have some pride. i would rather root for a team that gives their all 100%OFthe time . this version of the g men is very frustating we never had that problem in the past.they need somebody towhip their asses and let them know its our way or the highway. thats why ialways respected the steelerseven though my heart is with the giants.

JJC7301
12-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Well, we did win a SB with Gilbride, but not with Fewell. At least not yet.

VBGiantsFan
12-27-2011, 11:09 PM
any one who thinks we will ever win a super bowl with fewell n gilbride just doesnt know football.id love to see spags back after he gets fired this year and could we pleeeeease get rid of worthless gilbride.sooooo vanilla. i wonder what our offense could look like with a creative mind.he has gotten a pass since the super bowl ,which we all know the defense won.he is just the worst.the dillema is getting in the playoffs and back to the same old thing.there isnothing worse than rooting for a team thats motivated half the time.have some pride. i would rather root for a team that gives their all 100%OFthe time . this version of the g men is very frustating we never had that problem in the past.they need somebody towhip their asses and let them know its our way or the highway. thats why ialways respected the steelerseven though my heart is with the giants.

If we had an adequate running game and could make a lot of down field passes out of play action instead of shotgun, Gilbride would look like a genius and Eli would have 5 INTs this season.

dave56dj
12-27-2011, 11:38 PM
Ugh that gilbride and his top ten offense almost every year he's been here -AND HE ALREADY HAS A RING WITH US.

And we just don't play 100 percent all the time? We're just not pumped up enough? How'd all that bs work out for gang green this year. When you execute teams have fire when you don't guys aren't giving it there all - thats fan talk - these guys are playing hard.

sinn fein
12-28-2011, 10:00 AM
our offense is good in spite of gilbride.watch some real ocs on other squads n you will see his weaknesses.our defense won that super bowl.he has a very limited play book at best.buffalo got rid of him. thats all u need to know.

oldgiantfan
12-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Spags will not be back. The Eagles will see to that. They will get to him first.

GMENAGAIN
12-28-2011, 10:03 AM
any one who thinks we will ever win a super bowl with fewell n gilbride just doesnt know football.id love to see spags back after he gets fired this year and could we pleeeeease get rid of worthless gilbride.sooooo vanilla. i wonder what our offense could look like with a creative mind.he has gotten a pass since the super bowl ,which we all know the defense won.he is just the worst.the dillema is getting in the playoffs and back to the same old thing.there isnothing worse than rooting for a team thats motivated half the time.have some pride. i would rather root for a team that gives their all 100%OFthe time . this version of the g men is very frustating we never had that problem in the past.they need somebody towhip their asses and let them know its our way or the highway. thats why ialways respected the steelerseven though my heart is with the giants.</P>

Um, I know enough about football to know that we already won a SB with Gilbride . . . . </P>

sinn fein
12-28-2011, 10:32 AM
how much credit do u think he deserves for that super bowL? DID U EVER NOTICETEAMS LIKE THE STEELERS,PATRIOTS,dont spend a lot of timetalking about their championships from years past because their too busy looking forward, not backward.

NYGFaninILL
12-28-2011, 10:38 AM
our offense is good in spite of gilbride.watch some real ocs on other squads n you will see his weaknesses.our defense won that super bowl.he has a very limited play book at best.buffalo got rid of him. thats all u need to know.

C'mon man, "real OC" I'm pretty sure KG is a "real OC" as he is employed by the New York Football Giants.

Anyways, OCs have to work with what they have. When you have a sub-par O-line and the 2nd most drops in the league by WR's it's going to be hard, and when every fan wants an 8+ yard gain every play, your getting distracted from the bigger picture.

Firenugget
12-28-2011, 11:37 AM
how much credit do u think he deserves for that super bowL? DID U EVER NOTICETEAMS LIKE THE STEELERS,PATRIOTS,dont spend a lot of timetalking about their championships from years past because their too busy looking forward, not backward.

Wait...so because you're wrong we should all not look back at the facts? LOL. You're high.

How much credit does Gilbride deserve? Uhh quite a bit obviously. <font color="#FF0000">Or is there another OC on our staff mysteriously calling plays from the shadows?</font>

This place is something else.

RagTime Blue
12-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Gilbride and Fewell may not play the type of style that you (or I) want to see, but to say they're not capable at what they do is ludicrous.

UK-Giantsfan
12-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Gilbride is a decent OC ....with a 'real' record of achievement , including a Superbowl

Fewell .......probably gone ( unless we go on a run from here )

dave56dj
12-28-2011, 03:08 PM
wait part of your logic is "the bills got rid of him thats all you need to know"

If thats the case i need to educate you and myself.

Bill Bellicheck - The browns got rid of him all we need to know.

I can go on and on about great coaches who were fired by other orgs then went on to great success just thought id bring up one of the best of this generation. Try again.

And before you ask me if I'm comparing gilbride to bellicheck i am not - but the argument that a coach getting fired from a bad team makes him a bad coach doesn't hold water bellickeck along with MANY others is a sign that your logic is completely flawed.

Buckeroo
12-28-2011, 03:14 PM
our offense is good in spite of gilbride.watch some real ocs on other squads n you will see his weaknesses.our defense won that super bowl.he has a very limited play book at best.buffalo got rid of him. thats all u need to know.</P>

the Giants offense is consistently around top 10 since KG has been here and its "inspite" of the OC??</P>

I dont think so skippy. Are there questionable calls?....Yes there are. So what. </P>

The passing game stunk the last two weeks. 90% on the players and 10% on the calls. </P>

tbagz86
12-28-2011, 03:21 PM
our defense played lights out that game without a doubt....

but how could you forget that we won the game on AN OFFENSIVE DRIVE, after the D gave up a td to put the pats ahead.

Im sorry man, I'm a defensive guy too, but you're straight dumb

JJC7301
12-28-2011, 03:46 PM
how much credit do u think he deserves for that super bowL? DID U EVER NOTICETEAMS LIKE THE STEELERS,PATRIOTS,dont spend a lot of timetalking about their championships from years past because their too busy looking forward, not backward.</P>

I blame the defense mostly for the past few years. KG is part of the reason for Eli's development, and both of them are partially responsible for the development of such capable / excellent WRs over the past few years such as SS, Nicks, and Cruz. I've been a fan since the early '80s and this organization has NEVER developed this many quality receivers over such a short span of time. We can throw Boss and Ballard in there as well.</P>

And we had a GREAT running game over the past few years until this year, but that's probably more on a reshuffled O-line that I personally think that JR waited 1-year too long to address. And before 2011, we had a TOP o-line for the previous 4 or 5 years. </P>

I'm not taking ANYTHING away from the individual talent that each of these players has, but I can't take anything away from KG either. He makes me scratch my head sometimes, and once a year he'll do something that will make me to wish he were fired, but no...he is a good OC.</P>

</P>

gmen46
12-28-2011, 04:24 PM
how much credit do u think he deserves for that super bowL? DID U EVER NOTICETEAMS LIKE THE STEELERS,PATRIOTS,dont spend a lot of timetalking about their championships from years past because their too busy looking forward, not backward.</P>

I blame the defense mostly for the past few years.* KG is part of the reason for Eli's development, and both of them are partially responsible for the development of such capable / excellent WRs over the past few years such as SS, Nicks, and Cruz.* I've been a fan since the early '80s and this organization has NEVER developed this many quality receivers over such a short span of time.* We can throw Boss and Ballard in there as well.</P>

And we had a GREAT running game over the past few years until this year, but that's probably more on a reshuffled O-line that I personally think that JR waited 1-year too long to address.* And before 2011, we had a TOP o-line for the previous 4 or 5 years.* </P>

I'm not taking ANYTHING away from the individual talent that each of these players has, but I can't take anything away from KG either.* He makes me scratch my head sometimes, and once a year he'll do something that will make me to wish he were fired, but no...he is a good OC.</P>

*</P>

Good response.