PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else scared we trade Cruz?

DemandedAce
12-27-2011, 10:52 PM
I've been thinking about it, and I don't have the numbers on hand so bear with me, but Cruz just signed a new contract this preseason I believe.

With that information I can assume that it was a low cost contract to us due to him never having played before, and then he blows up and does all this stuff for such a cheap price. I've been thinking about it and would be scared about the possibility of us trading him away to a WR starved team like the Panthers for one of their veteran defensive players such as a linebacker. Does anyone else see this as a legitimate concern? I'd like to say we're loyal, but at the same time he is an extremely cheap and now proven WR big play talent, attractive in the trade market

EDIT: I REALLY don't want him gone, I freaking love Cruz and have his jersey as of two days ago haha

Itlan
12-27-2011, 10:54 PM
No. What? No.

I'm more afraid Reese is a cheap sob and doesn't pay him come contract time.

Eli TO Shockey
12-27-2011, 10:54 PM
When he'll freezes over

Eli TO Shockey
12-27-2011, 10:55 PM
When hell freezes over

TrueBlue07
12-27-2011, 10:55 PM
he is signed for 1 more year at $490K.

Almost no one is untradeable, but I'd say there's no way a team as close to the cap as they are, trades a guy who gives the production he does for that price.

Eli TO Shockey
12-27-2011, 10:56 PM
No. What? No.

I'm more afraid Reese is a cheap sob and doesn't pay him come contract time.

Yea cheap sob . We had to cap space . You forget about that?

dave56dj
12-27-2011, 10:57 PM
When do you remember Jerry Rees ever trading a young player who they controlled for little money?
Shockey - attitude and paid well.
Osi -= Well not gone - but still has 7 mill against capa and a bit of a tude.

Why would you be worried he has absolutely no history of this - not to mention he loves to lock up our best young talent - he did with Tuck/ osi / webster/ eli.

Let the fear go - cruz is here for a while

Sundown
12-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Sigh.......

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-27-2011, 11:02 PM
I've been thinking about it, and I don't have the numbers on hand so bear with me, but Cruz just signed a new contract this preseason I believe.

With that information I can assume that it was a low cost contract to us due to him never having played before, and then he blows up and does all this stuff for such a cheap price. I've been thinking about it and would be scared about the possibility of us trading him away to a WR starved team like the Panthers for one of their veteran defensive players such as a linebacker. Does anyone else see this as a legitimate concern? I'd like to say we're loyal, but at the same time he is an extremely cheap and now proven WR big play talent, attractive in the trade market

EDIT: I REALLY don't want him gone, I freaking love Cruz and have his jersey as of two days ago haha

Ummm no bro. We found a replacement for steve smith. Wasn't that the point of not wanting to resign smith bc JR believed we had the guys to fill the role. So what, does JR cut cruz now after his production? and fill his spot with someone else? for a veteran LB? this is not madden.

scf424
12-27-2011, 11:05 PM
Seriously, can we worry about this season and game before something that wont even happen?

Holy ****, some people are ridiculous.

jomo
12-27-2011, 11:08 PM
I've been thinking about it, and I don't have the numbers on hand so bear with me, but Cruz just signed a new contract this preseason I believe. With that information I can assume that it was a low cost contract to us due to him never having played before, and then he blows up and does all this stuff for such a cheap price. I've been thinking about it and would be scared about the possibility of us trading him away to a WR starved team like the Panthers for one of their veteran defensive players such as a linebacker. Does anyone else see this as a legitimate concern? I'd like to say we're loyal, but at the same time he is an extremely cheap and now proven WR big play talent, attractive in the trade market EDIT: I REALLY don't want him gone, I freaking love Cruz and have his jersey as of two days ago hahaNot worried.

ny06
12-27-2011, 11:10 PM
Seriously, can we worry about this season and game before something that wont even happen? Holy ****, some people are ridiculous.</P>

http://jamiewalkerball.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/francis.jpg</P>

JJC7301
12-27-2011, 11:11 PM
When do you remember Jerry Rees ever trading a young player who they controlled for little money?
Shockey - attitude and paid well.
Osi -= Well not gone - but still has 7 mill against capa and a bit of a tude.

Why would you be worried he has absolutely no history of this - not to mention he loves to lock up our best young talent - he did with Tuck/ osi / webster/ eli.

Let the fear go - cruz is here for a while
+1. Reese may not be great at bringing FAs that are very helpful, but he is great at locking up our own young talent.

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-27-2011, 11:12 PM
Cruz is going nowhere no that he is in our record books after his FIRST season. The only way he ever gets traded is he wants it(which the GM at the time wants) OR ....................</P>

BlueSanta
12-27-2011, 11:16 PM
no way, His contract is tiny. We would be crazy to trade him.

Dorothy
12-27-2011, 11:25 PM

With that information I can assume that it was a low cost contract to us due to him never having played before, and then he blows up and does all this stuff for such a cheap price. I've been thinking about it and would be scared about the possibility of us trading him away to a WR starved team like the Panthers for one of their veteran defensive players such as a linebacker. Does

anyone else see this as a legitimate concern? I'd like to say

we're loyal, but at the same time he is an extremely cheap and

now proven WR big play talent, attractive in the trade market

What the he?? Are you drinking and smoking???????

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 11:30 PM
I'd trade him to the Rams for their first round pick lol.

I'd draft Kalil or Blackmon. Probably Kalil.

VBGiantsFan
12-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Trade Cruz to denver so he never affects us for their 1st round pick the next two years and Von Miller...

That's the only trade I'd ever want considered.

DemandedAce
12-27-2011, 11:36 PM
Man some people are touchy, it was a legit question based on holes we have nothing more nothing less. No need to get so fr***led over it.

Anyway, I don't see it happening either but crazy things have happened in this league

titwio
12-27-2011, 11:38 PM
Trade Cruz to denver so he never affects us for their 1st round pick the next two years and Von Miller...

That's the only trade I'd ever want considered.

Your crazy

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-28-2011, 02:55 AM
Man some people are touchy, it was a legit question based on holes we have nothing more nothing less. No need to get so fr***led over it.

Anyway, I don't see it happening either but crazy things have happened in this league
no, it was a question...
crazy question...yes
ridiculous question...yes

legit question...NO

JMGGIANTS
12-28-2011, 03:40 AM
Is anyone else scared we trade JPP? Just kidding, oh brother why bother with a thread like this. But with all of the NFL trading that goes on you never know, LOL. When was the last NY Giant trade?

Weygand
12-28-2011, 03:43 AM
I'm worried Reese waives him to make room for Charles Dimry

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-28-2011, 04:02 AM
I'm worried Reese waives him to make room for Charles Dimry

I hear they are planning to waive him to make room for Wayne Chrebet

BlueBlooded1979
12-28-2011, 06:58 AM
No reason to trade Cruz. they control him for 2 more years at a reasonable price due to NFL FA rules. Even if he doesn't have a contract he is an ERFA after this year and an RFA the year after.

Giants would be wise to offer him a contract this year slightly below market value. They get a deal and he gets paid 2 years ahead of time. Maybe wait one year but the price will go up.

thegreatone
12-28-2011, 08:38 AM
i guarantee that if it comes down to it eli will restructure to keep cruz here. cruz isnt going anywhere. manningham, well thats another story

tripleaamin9
12-28-2011, 09:16 AM
unless we get Megaton Adrian Peterson Gronkowski Joe Thomas Haloti Nagta Patrick Willis or Revis in that trade.

Hells no!!!!!!!

G-Man67
12-28-2011, 09:44 AM
first, how often do we trade anyone?

2nd, we only have to pay a 1K+ yard WR, $490K next year ... why would you want to get rid of that sweet deal

3rd he's from Paterson, why would he want to play anywhere else

Dwinsballgames
12-28-2011, 09:49 AM
<FONT color=#ff0000 size=4>Yeah we will definately trade him... right after we trade Manning.</FONT>

gian_18778
12-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Amazing.

No one wants to talk about how JR was too cheap to keep Steve Smith. Maybe, just maybe, the man knows what he's doing? No?

BigBlue1971
12-28-2011, 11:55 AM
<FONT color=#ff0000 size=4>Yeah we will definately trade him... right after we trade Manning.</FONT></P>

</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>this!</FONT></P>

Buckeroo
12-28-2011, 11:57 AM
Fist off I dont get scared when it comes to the Giants. Aggravated....annoyed....po'd.....angry....yes.</P>

Why in the world would the trade Cruz??? Makes no sense.....</P>

</P>

bronxvgiant
12-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Not a chance,Hes been a stud for the Giants.Eli and him have a great chemistry.

Redeyejedi
12-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Cruz isnt going anywhere he is from the area.As long as he gets a fair offer from the Giants I dont think he leaves. Giants should consider an Osi or Tuck contract locking these guys up early cheap why they have the chance.The Packers got Jordy Nelson to sign an extension before he hit FA and now they have a great receiver locked up for 4 years and 16 million

Tony Bruno
12-28-2011, 12:30 PM
He will get his contract...

Weygand
12-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Amazing.

No one wants to talk about how JR was too cheap to keep Steve Smith. Maybe, just maybe, the man knows what he's doing? No?

No. Cruz walked in undrafted and unknown.
It's like saying you're a financial genius because you found $50 when your car broke down on the side of the road because you have been putting syrup instead of oil into your engine.

rebelfan1966
12-28-2011, 12:54 PM
I think there is a better chance of the world ending on 12/21/2012..... than the Giants trading or cutting Cruz. The guy is a super star developing right before our eyes.

Breezely
12-28-2011, 01:13 PM
I would think that he is the most untouchable out of the receivers. I believe they would trade Manningham before they trade him.

Breezely
12-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Jernigan??????

gmen0820
12-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Amazing.

No. Cruz walked in undrafted and unknown.
It's like saying you're a financial genius because you found $50 when your car broke down on the side of the road because you have been putting syrup instead of oil into your engine.That's a damn good analogy. +1

gmen0820
12-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Cruz isnt going anywhere he is from the area.As long as he gets a fair offer from the Giants I dont think he leaves. Giants should consider an Osi or Tuck contract locking these guys up early cheap why they have the chance.The Packers got Jordy Nelson to sign an extension before he hit FA and now they have a great receiver locked up for 4 years and 16 millionIn particular Tuck. He signed before the NFCCG, and we got a huge ****ing bargain.

I think the FO now fears distractions and contract disputes.

BK07071
12-28-2011, 04:01 PM
It may have been a low ball contract but probably stacked with incentives and a stipulation that should Cruz receive Pro Bowl status his contract can and will be renegotiated,

JMGGIANTS
12-28-2011, 04:08 PM
I doubt the contract had any incentives or Pro Bowl clause because contracts usually don't offer anything above what is necessary to get the player to sign. In Cruz's case he was undrafted, fortunate to even make the team nevermind start after Smith left. Just saying, you can bet he has a conventional contract with no incentive clause.

SweetZombieJesus
12-28-2011, 04:41 PM

I predict (and hope) they will give him a big, but reasonable, contract before the 2012 regular season begins.

ryan12
12-28-2011, 04:49 PM

I predict (and hope) they will give him a big, but reasonable, contract before the 2012 regular season begins.

they should lock him up NOW

gmen46
12-28-2011, 05:40 PM

I believe they will. Nothing to be gained, and much to lose, if they wait for him to become eligible for FA.

JesseJames
12-28-2011, 05:41 PM
if Reese traded Cruz he would have to go into witness protection and hide for the rest of his life....

MattMeyerBud
12-28-2011, 05:48 PM

i really couldn't fathom a situation where it would be realistic

MikeIsaGiant
12-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Cruz to the eagles, and then we'll be bottom feeders every year. Thanks Reese!

T-Murda84
12-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Im more afraid of Cruz holding out more than anything else. Victor Cruz has played well enough to be getting paid more than free agent minimum. Reese will have to lock up Cruz now, then worry about Manningham, Terrell Thomas and other contracts later on. Osi will most likely see his final days as a Giant, with the emergence of JPP...his contract demands will hold no weight.

Im also scared of us not resigning Terrell Thomas....because he was injured this year and we invested so much money on the secondary. U also have to remember Phillips contract is almost up too. Aaron Ross will be cut and save some money and I think Mario Manningham will not be signed either.

Jerry Reese needs to do good this offseason, we cant afford to dish out money and overpay average players any longer.