PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys can't sign FA due to cap space

Toadofsteel
03-25-2013, 10:33 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000153260/article/dallas-cowboys-to-host-michael-huff-but-cant-sign-him

The Dallas Cowboys will host three free agents on Monday, including Michael Huff, a former top-10 pick who played collegiately at Texas. But the Cowboys can't sign any of their free agents.

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that Huff, linebacker Justin Durant and safety Will Allen are in town simply for "informational" visits because the team doesn't have enough cap space to make moves. The team only has $102,000 in cap space, according to the paper.

B-Red22
03-25-2013, 10:40 AM
The turds only way to get some cap space is give Romo a new long term deal, and workout a new deal with Spencer

Flip Empty
03-25-2013, 12:39 PM
The turds only way to get some cap space is give Romo a new long term deal, and workout a new deal with Spencer
Oh they'll extend Romo, don't worry about that. It's not like they actually want to win a Super Bowl or anything.

Ntegrase96
03-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Oh they'll extend Romo, don't worry about that. It's not like they actually want to win a Super Bowl or anything.

hahahaha. That's pretty good. I'm hoping that they don't extend Romo. Ideally I would like for them to trade him.

But it's reported that the Cowboys are pretty close to signing Spencer to a long term deal.

B-Red22
03-25-2013, 12:59 PM
hahahaha. That's pretty good. I'm hoping that they don't extend Romo. Ideally I would like for them to trade him.

But it's reported that the Cowboys are pretty close to signing Spencer to a long term deal.

I would stop at 3 years on Spencer, what do u think Grase

Ntegrase96
03-25-2013, 02:09 PM
I would stop at 3 years on Spencer, what do u think Grase

Ideally that's what would be best. But this is Spencer's last chance at a big contract, so he'll probably want to be locked up for longer. I think 5 years minimum.

BigBlueAllDay
03-25-2013, 05:07 PM

Trade Romo for what? a sandwhich wrapper? He can't win the important games to get into the playoffs, nevermind the poor playoff record. They're gonna have to cut him and take the losses eventually. No team is gonna to want him.

kNicksGiants
03-25-2013, 07:06 PM
romo would definitely have value to a team desperate for a QB... but the chiefs already got alex smith so what other team would be desperate for romo? the cardinals? i doubt the cowboys trade him. he's kinda the face of the franchise.

Flip Empty
03-25-2013, 07:10 PM
romo would definitely have value to a team desperate for a QB... but the chiefs already got alex smith so what other team would be desperate for romo? the cardinals? i doubt the cowboys trade him. he's kinda the face of the franchise.
The Jags or Jets? Romo would be a massive improvement.

He's a good quarterback, he just can't seem to get over that mental hump.

BigBlueAllDay
03-25-2013, 07:57 PM
After 2013, Romo is scheduled to be a FA and Jerry Jones may finally move on to possibly, no suprise, another mobile college QB to put in the division.