PDA

View Full Version : Vontaze Burfict PLEASE

Wes
12-28-2011, 07:55 AM
I am sure this has been beaten down....but we need this guy.</P>

People close to him say hes a quiet and not so bad kid, just very passionate about winning and very competative. He doesnt have off field issues, hes just a monster on the field. Hes very agressive and plays with reckless abandon much like Suh.</P>

I think he will be a dominant MLB and will wreak havoc behind our good DL.</P>

Vick would be scared to run against us.</P>

He would definately solve alot of our issues as LB, he has the agressiveness and beastly intensity as an LT or Ray Lewis/Suh....its not like hes out getting in trouble off field, he just likes to bust heads.</P>

The only LB id want over him would be teo but hes not gonna be there soim crossing my fingers we get this kid.</P>

Hes reckless but we got some good guys here on defense that could keep in somewhat in line, like tuck, Boley etc.</P>

PLEASE JR.....PLEASE....get us this kid... LT pt2</P>

Wes
12-28-2011, 08:00 AM
hes just a heat seeking misssle, put him in the middle of our bunch of beasts....healthy tuck, LJ, canty, JPP, kiwi and have that kid in the middle wreaking havoc....wed be the most feared def in the NFL, our DBs would be bored.

Wes
12-28-2011, 08:05 AM
No reason we cant get a game changing LB like this, its a done deal that we are trading osi. We cant afford to pay him the top money he wants, Mara and JR promised him that they would pay him or trade him after this season. I think its a guarantee that osi is gone...they will trade him.</P>

We will have extra picks with the osi trade and any compensation picks to use to trade up and get Burfict in the first and a good OT or OG in the second which are our 2 biggest needs.</P>

</P>

Get er done JR.... :)</P>

Captain Chaos
12-28-2011, 08:11 AM
I think we do need an upgrade at MLB, not sure if we will be able to get him, but he would be the burfict fit!!!!!

TrueBlue07
12-28-2011, 08:11 AM
you guys are offering up a good suggestion but ignoring the big question, will he be on the available by the tie we are on the board? My guess is if we win Sunday, he won't be. Unless we trade up, which I would be all for, but would we spend enough to trade up enough to get this guy?

joeybagadonutz23
12-28-2011, 08:12 AM
If he was by some chance on the board in the 20's IMO it would be a heist to be able to get him.

TrueBlue07
12-28-2011, 08:15 AM
Yea, he is a top 10 guy, we most likely won't be in the top 10 regardless of Sunday's outcome, but could be like 13ish so moving up 5 spots or so isn't a huge leap. If we win we'd prob have to do a deal ala the Falcons for Jones last year. Our first rd pick, Osi, and another pick to move up that far? Does that get it done? Who knows.

joeybagadonutz23
12-28-2011, 08:20 AM
Yea, he is a top 10 guy, we most likely won't be in the top 10 regardless of Sunday's outcome, but could be like 13ish so moving up 5 spots or so isn't a huge leap.* If we win we'd prob have to do a deal ala the Falcons for Jones last year.* Our first rd pick, Osi, and another pick to move up that far? Does that get it done? Who knows.

Actually I may have been wrong. Reuter and Rang both have him going 27 (BAL) and 29 (BAL). Here is the latest update I could find on him. I hadn't really watched him much until last night.

12/22/2011 - PLAYERS TO WATCH: LB Vontaze Burfict had a disappointing season after being pegged as the preseason Defensive Player of the Year in some publications. What is his state of mind after sitting out the final 24 minutes of the regular-season finale against Cal after he picked up two personal foul penalties? Coaches had talked in spring about a more-focused, more-mature Burfict this season. That didn't really come to pass. He leads ASU with 68 tackles but didn't even earn honorable mention all-conference honors. - The Sports Xchange

joeybagadonutz23
12-28-2011, 08:26 AM
Yea, he is a top 10 guy, we most likely won't be in the top 10 regardless of Sunday's outcome, but could be like 13ish so moving up 5 spots or so isn't a huge leap.* If we win we'd prob have to do a deal ala the Falcons for Jones last year.* Our first rd pick, Osi, and another pick to move up that far? Does that get it done? Who knows.

Kuechly and Hightower should both go ahead of him, but I still think he's the guy that best fits us if it weren't for his tendency to foul other players, that doesn't really fit the Reese mold. However our defense needs some of that fire that he has.

Having said that, I'm not getting my hopes up for a 1st round ILB ever again. We probably take another DE.

TrueBlue07
12-28-2011, 08:29 AM
I love this guy. I think he is exactly the type of guy our defense needs, in the position we need it at. I want a bad *** MFer playing LBer for us. Someone who lays the wood like Suggs. A quick search for mock drafts had him going to Philly or the Cards in the top 10. I hadnt seen him going as late as the high 20s. These mock drafts are mostly useless after the first 5 picks.

tonyt830
12-28-2011, 08:33 AM
lack of discipline equals fines, flags, and possible ejections/suspensions.

Plus this year his numbers have dropped over last year.

If Kuechly is available when the Giants pick, I'd prefer him over Burfict.

Burfict may even slip to the 2nd rd in the draft.

bigblue58
12-28-2011, 08:40 AM
Burfict would be perfict!
sorry...couldn't help myself!

hungrrrry
12-28-2011, 08:43 AM
If he is ideal for the 1st round Reese won't take him...he never takes anLB in the 1st round and he will bank on him falling in a later round...hence we will miss out on him. We took Kiwi (who I like)instead of DeMarco Ryan, who was a dedicated LBm not a tweener. Ryan was a pro-bowler at LB. Could have had him. I think Reese passed on Clay Matthews and Cushing too if I remember right. We got Sintim...which has been a full-on 2nd round bust!

TuckYou
12-28-2011, 08:54 AM
He si slipping big time due to his extreme stupidity with his attittude on the field, as well as not having a great year this year. He may be dogging it. Not sure I want a guy like that. Its almost like an Albert Haynesworth type deal. When he is on 100%, he is a monster, but he takes plays off, and can do stupid things after a play that can cost a team. </P>

</P>

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-28-2011, 11:51 AM
I dont think most of the OP on this thread know about his play this year. He has sucked big time this year and got benched his last game. Even in the bowl game burfict got little to no playing time. I had a man crush on him as well. Its just his discipline that is the question...He takes plays off..

With all that said, if the Giants coaching stuff can tune him to becoming all the things he truly could be, I would take him in a heart beat. Keuchly is overall a better LB but he is going to be gone way before that. Teo isnt coming out.

Breezely
12-28-2011, 12:19 PM
I think we do need an upgrade at MLB, not sure if we will be able to get him, but he would be the burfict fit!!!!!

Like the play on words.

Breezely
12-28-2011, 12:20 PM

Like the play on words.

MattMeyerBud
12-28-2011, 01:24 PM
I am sure this has been beaten down....but we need this guy.</p>

People close to him say hes a quiet and not so bad kid, just very passionate about winning and very competative. He doesnt have off field issues, hes just a monster on the field. Hes very agressive and plays with reckless abandon much like Suh.</p>

I think he will be a dominant MLB and will wreak havoc behind our good DL.</p>

Vick would be scared to run against us.</p>

He would definately solve alot of our issues as LB, he has the agressiveness and beastly intensity as an LT or Ray Lewis/Suh....its not like hes out getting in trouble off field, he just likes to bust heads.</p>

The only LB id want over him would be teo but hes not gonna be there soim crossing my fingers we get this kid.</p>

Hes reckless but we got some good guys here on defense that could keep in somewhat in line, like tuck, Boley etc.</p>

PLEASE JR.....PLEASE....get us this kid... LT pt2</p>

hmm...

his name is weird enough to be a NY giant. It does go good with Mathias Kiwanuka, Osi Umenyoira, and Prince Amukamar, Vontaze Burfict

its like he already has a giants uni

burier
12-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Is anyone concerned about his rep as a dirty player?

MattMeyerBud
12-28-2011, 01:30 PM

don't know much about him, whats the knock

repeatchamps
12-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Is anyone concerned about his rep as a dirty player?</P>

None whatsoever. On the contrary he would bring an edginess to the LB'ing core that has been sorely lacking for far too long.</P>

JJC7301
12-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Yea, he is a top 10 guy, we most likely won't be in the top 10 regardless of Sunday's outcome, but could be like 13ish so moving up 5 spots or so isn't a huge leap. If we win we'd prob have to do a deal ala the Falcons for Jones last year. Our first rd pick, Osi, and another pick to move up that far? Does that get it done? Who knows.
</P>

I would take him too, but I wouldn't move up for him. I've been screaming for an impact LB for the past few years, but I don't believe in trading up unless you're going for a possible franchise QB (ala Eli). I like Burfict's intensity and fury, but his seeming potential to be a headache is not worth trading other picks to move up for him. I know that most of you will disagree, but just my opinion.</P>

But I do love his intensity, motor, and killer hits that makes. I hope that he's sitting there whenever it's our turn to pick (hopefully the last pick meaning that we've won the SB).</P>

repeatchamps
12-28-2011, 01:33 PM

</P>

He leads with he head often and picks up a lot of personal foul penalties. However, it is not something that can't be rectified and harnessed for the better. His one of the most aggressive defensive players I have ever seen at the LB'er spot, that is not a bad thing. Check him out here:</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7achvXsy3Q</P>

MattMeyerBud
12-28-2011, 01:33 PM
If he is ideal for the 1st round Reese won't take him...he never takes anLB in the 1st round and he will bank on him falling in a later round...hence we will miss out on him. We took Kiwi (who I like)instead of DeMarco Ryan, who was a dedicated LBm not a tweener. Ryan was a pro-bowler at LB. Could have had him. I think Reese passed on Clay Matthews and Cushing too if I remember right. We got Sintim...which has been a full-on 2nd round bust!

Cushing was taken 15th overall, Matthews 26th, and we drafted 29th and got Nicks

way off

burier
12-28-2011, 01:36 PM
ok I'm on board.

We need someone mean on our defense. We have too many nice guys.

But it seems he's a bit of a headcase soooo I hope Coughlin can deal with it.

JJC7301
12-28-2011, 01:37 PM
lack of discipline equals fines, flags, and possible ejections/suspensions. Plus this year his numbers have dropped over last year. If Kuechly is available when the Giants pick, I'd prefer him over Burfict. Burfict may even slip to the 2nd rd in the draft.</P>

I would like to draft him, but I agree with you. We're not going to be loving him when he's getting 15-yard penalties left and right and that's why I wouldn't make any trades to move up to get him. I watched a youtube video (too lazy to get the link) in which he refused to come out of the game when his DC and HC wanted him to after he received an unsportsmanlike penalty. </P>

But man, can he lay the wood on someone!</P>

repeatchamps
12-28-2011, 01:38 PM
ok I'm on board. We need someone mean on our defense. We have too many nice guys. But it seems he's a bit of a headcase soooo I hope Coughlin can deal with it.</P>

He is not as big of headcase as some seem to think. This guy would be perfect for the Giants defense. If he can play with aggressiveness in the NFL like he did in college he'd be a freak of nature and would terrorize opposing offenses.</P>

Wes
12-28-2011, 01:40 PM
Kuechly and Hightower should both go ahead of him, but I still think he's the guy that best fits us if it weren't for his tendency to foul other players, that doesn't really fit the Reese mold. However our defense needs some of that fire that he has. Having said that, I'm not getting my hopes up for a 1st round ILB ever again. We probably take another DE.</P>

</P>

Well, see, I thought that too, not the mold of a JR guy, but if you really think about it he kinda is. He has alot of raw athletic ability and a high motor guy (think JPP) and if being too motivated and aggressive is his only knock, I mean....not the worst knock.</P>

Its our biggest need and it became all to obvious this year...he could single handedly cure our mobile QB problems, vick would think twice before running with this guy punishing him.</P>

Hed make vick pay dearly everytime he thought about running. </P>

I think he will be there in the 20s because most teams have hightower and Kuechly rated higher, but I dont lol. Hed be the right value...and if it took moving up 2-3 spots to get him itd be worth it.</P>

</P>

yeah, he may get a penalty every once in a while, but i think the overall speed and potential outweigh it. He doesnt have off field issues, so youd like to believe your coaching staff and our vets could teach him out to use that passion to be a leader.</P>

Wes
12-28-2011, 01:43 PM
lack of discipline equals fines, flags, and possible ejections/suspensions. Plus this year his numbers have dropped over last year. If Kuechly is available when the Giants pick, I'd prefer him over Burfict. Burfict may even slip to the 2nd rd in the draft.</P>

I would like to draft him, but I agree with you. We're not going to be loving him when he's getting 15-yard penalties left and right and that's why I wouldn't make any trades to move up to get him. I watched a youtube video (too lazy to get the link) in which he refused to come out of the game when his DC and HC wanted him to after he received an unsportsmanlike penalty. </P>

</P>

</P>

really? thats one of the things i love about him. He is dedicated to winning and giving his all. Id be more concerned if he wanted to come out of the game in a key situation. Who cares if he gets an occasional foul...we need some fire and recklessness in our def. Lt would likely get fouls if he played today too, but would that make you not want a young LT again? You want a monster in the middle to pick up your guys when they are playing flat.</P>

Newman80
12-28-2011, 01:43 PM
The MLB from the Rams and Sean Lee where both Second round picks and are good player my point dont trade up for a guy with question marks. If he is there and is at good value no matter what pick great. Reese has done pretty well. I hated the JPP pick but I guess I was wrong anf Reese was right

slipknottin
12-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube?

He was downright awful this year, in between his personal foul penalties you got to see him look completely lost, misread plays constantly, and just show his instincts are really subpar.

He is nowhere near being an elite prospect. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round, no way would I draft him sooner.

Wes
12-28-2011, 01:47 PM
all im saying, with KP and rolle and JPP, tuck and this monster in the middle....kiwi too! Wed be the most feared def in the NFL period. I dont care if he leads with his head and puts vick down...or romo in the ER...so be it. As long as he can play with that passion and fire every game...our def would be scary and thats what you want. How do you game plan for tuck, jpp, kiwi and a monster like that in the middle. no qb would be safe or those tiny speed backs catching screens....wiped out completely...destroyed....heat seeking missle of a man i tell you.

Wes
12-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube? He was downright awful this year, in between his personal foul penalties you got to see him look completely lost, misread plays constantly, and just show his instincts are really subpar. He is nowhere near being an elite prospect. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round, no way would I draft him sooner.</P>

well, i disagree, i think he will be the best LB out of this class. Teo will be a beast and i would of preferred him if he came out this year....but this guy is the only other LB i would want. I dont see what you saw. His numbers were down...but he didnt play awful. He did get held out of alot of games due to his agressiveness but his head coach was also a softie</P>

Wes
12-28-2011, 01:51 PM
I live in GA, im a GA fan, and mark richt said it best when this guy destroyed GA when he said, this kid should be in the NFL right now.

JJC7301

</P>

He leads with he head often and picks up a lot of personal foul penalties. However, it is not something that can't be rectified and harnessed for the better. His one of the most aggressive defensive players I have ever seen at the LB'er spot, that is not a bad thing. Check him out here:</P>

</P>

I've never seen so many other players look like rag dolls when being hit by one guy. I'm surprised that I'm not seeing body parts flying all over the place. And when a player runs into him, they look they've just run into a wall and flop to the ground at awkward angles.</P>

I like the opening still-shot of Burfict pointing to the opposing QB. I wouldn't trade up to get him, but this is DEFINITELY the attitude that this defense / team needs!! Love it!!</P>

slipknottin
Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube? He was downright awful this year, in between his personal foul penalties you got to see him look completely lost, misread plays constantly, and just show his instincts are really subpar. He is nowhere near being an elite prospect. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round, no way would I draft him sooner.</P>

well, i disagree, i think he will be the best LB out of this class.* Teo will be a beast and i would of preferred him if he came out this year....but this guy is the only other LB i would want.* I dont see what you saw.* His numbers were down...but he didnt play awful.* He did get held out of alot of games due to his agressiveness but his head coach was also a softie</P>
I never saw anything from him this entire season that showed he should be anywhere close to being a 1st round pick.

I'd take Kuechly without a second thought

repeatchamps
12-28-2011, 01:57 PM

I saw several games he played in this year. I see a freak of an athlete who probably was being disparaged by his coaching staff and lost some of his confidence. Erickson is a terrible coach always was and always will be. His players have always hated him. The best thing that could have happened to ASU was Erickson leaving. He would be a monster on the Giants defense. He's the perfect 4-3 MLB. His sideline to sideline speed is sick and he is a powerful and aggressive physical force for a LB'er. He also can cover pretty well.</P>

repeatchamps
12-28-2011, 01:59 PM

well, i disagree, i think he will be the best LB out of this class. Teo will be a beast and i would of preferred him if he came out this year....but this guy is the only other LB i would want. I dont see what you saw. His numbers were down...but he didnt play awful. He did get held out of alot of games due to his agressiveness but his head coach was also a softie</P>

I never saw anything from him this entire season that showed he should be anywhere close to being a 1st round pick. I'd take Kuechly without a second thought</P>

Lol, he will go in the first round without a doubt. No one is going to give a you knew what about this past season. The teamswill see a once in a lifetime athletic freak and snag him if the team need is there.</P>

sharick88
12-28-2011, 02:00 PM
We haven't had a real impact LB since Jesse Armstead. I honestly wouldn't mind getting Burfict at all. People knocking his work ethic and him "taking plays off" need to chill out. Similar things were being said about both Ray Lewis and Patrick Willis prior to them being drafted. If he is available where we are drafting, I would do it in a hearbeat. The draft itself is always a gamble and I would put my chips all in on this guy.

repeatchamps
12-28-2011, 02:01 PM

</P>

</P>

I've never seen so many other players look like rag dolls when being hit by one guy. I'm surprised that I'm not seeing body parts flying all over the place. And when a player runs into him, they look they've just run into a wall and flop to the ground at awkward angles.</P>

I like the opening still-shot of Burfict pointing to the opposing QB. I wouldn't trade up to get him, but this is DEFINITELY the attitude that this defense / team needs!! Love it!!</P>

</P>

Exactly.</P>

JJC7301
12-28-2011, 02:04 PM

</P>

</P>

really? thats one of the things i love about him. He is dedicated to winning and giving his all. Id be more concerned if he wanted to come out of the game in a key situation. Who cares if he gets an occasional foul...we need some fire and recklessness in our def. Lt would likely get fouls if he played today too, but would that make you not want a young LT again? You want a monster in the middle to pick up your guys when they are playing flat.</P>

</P>

I know, I like the guy too. I don't remember LT, Carson, Banks, and those guys getting stupid penalties -- they were guys who just played at high intensity all of the time and consistently brought the pain. Maybe I'm misremembering. </P>

Believe me -- I lREALLY ike Burfict. I just wouldn't want to trade up to get him. Hopefully he'll be sitting there for us (like JPP and Prince) and JR and TC will realize that we need more players on D with a motor like JPP.</P>

Ruttiger711
12-28-2011, 02:08 PM

Cushing was taken 15th overall, Matthews 26th, and we drafted 29th and got Nicks

way off

Lets not forget the Giants were pretty much set on drafting McClain in the first round but the Raiders scooped him up first... <font color="#FF0000">then stupid Reese had to settle for JPP. </font>

repeatchamps
12-28-2011, 02:08 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

I know, I like the guy too. I don't remember LT, Carson, Banks, and those guys getting stupid penalties -- they were guys who just played at high intensity all of the time and consistently brought the pain. Maybe I'm misremembering. </P>

Believe me -- I lREALLY ike Burfict. I just wouldn't want to trade up to get him. Hopefully he'll be sitting there for us (like JPP and Prince) and JR and TC will realize that we need more players on D with a motor like JPP.</P>

</P>

Rules for the guys you mentioned were much different during their time in the NFL. All 3 of those guys would be penalized heavily and often in today's NFL.</P>

MattMeyerBud
12-28-2011, 02:09 PM
We haven't had a real impact LB since Jesse Armstead. I honestly wouldn't mind getting Burfict at all. People knocking his work ethic and him "taking plays off" need to chill out. Similar things were being said about both Ray Lewis and Patrick Willis prior to them being drafted. If he is available where we are drafting, I would do it in a hearbeat. The draft itself is always a gamble and I would put my chips all in on this guy.

Barrow and Pierce were pretty legit for us

BlueSanta
12-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Too many people watch a youtube highlight and think that makes someone good.

What youtube doesnt show you is the portion of the season where this kid was 2ice benched.

burier
12-28-2011, 02:14 PM

What youtube doesnt show you is the portion of the season where this kid was 2ice benched.

But as I understand it he wasn't benched for poor play.

JJC7301
12-28-2011, 02:15 PM

way off

Lets not forget the Giants were pretty much set on drafting McClain in the first round but the Raiders scooped him up first... <FONT color=#ff0000>then stupid Reese had to settle for JPP. </FONT>
</P>

Exactly why I don't liketrading up, unless for a franchise QB. I'd trade down, but not up. Just take best player available. But I do hope that Burfict is sitting at our spot when we pick!</P>

repeatchamps
12-28-2011, 02:16 PM

</P>

As I said in an earlier reply, Erickson is a hideous coach and his players always hate him. Take all that reprimanding and benching stuff with a grain of salt. Get this guy on a good team with a solid core group of character guys and mark my words he will tear up the league if he stays healthy.</P>

sharick88
12-28-2011, 03:11 PM

Barrow and Pierce were pretty legit for us

They were serviceable, but did not really strike any fear in other teams. That's what we have lacked at the position for pretty much the last decade and a half.

Meanhothead
12-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Arizona State is my college team I root for, and I was at 3 home games this year, watched the rest of the games on TV.

I'm not impressed with this guy.

JJC7301
12-28-2011, 04:32 PM
For fun, because obviously we don't know yet what teams are drafting in what positions:</P>

Bleacher has him going to Tennessee at # 17 and the Giants getting Zach Brown (OLB - UNC) at # 24. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1000428-2012-nfl-mock-draft-first-round-picks-that-will-need-to-be-groomed</P>

Walter has him going to Baltimore at # 29 http://walterfootball.com/draft2012_1.php</P>

Draft Countdown has him going to Philly (ugh) at # 6 (wow) and the Giants taking Kuechly at # 16 http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php</P>

This site has the Giants drafting Hightower in the 1st, and Burfict slipping to # 41 in the 2nd round http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/12/19/2647431/2012-nfl-mock-draft-andrew-luck-robert-griffin-matt-kalil-matt-barkley</P>

repeatchamps
12-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Arizona State is my college team I root for, and I was at 3 home games this year, watched the rest of the games on TV. I'm not impressed with this guy.</P>

What about the season prior? Did you watch him then? Were you impressed then? If not I don't know what to say. Chalk this year up as a year where the coach was out to hold him down because of some hidden agenda whichis typical Erickson.</P>

This season's performance may actually be a blessing for the team that drafts him as he will have a huge chip on his shoulder to prove the folks who tried to hold him back in college wrong. This freak playing with a chip on his shoulder is a lethal combination. He will tear people's heads off lol.</P>

heavyhitter
12-28-2011, 08:45 PM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z46/kcochran777/MattBarkleyVontazeBurfictUSCvArizonab5BAoW2KRdql.j pg

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-28-2011, 09:03 PM
Take this from someone who has been following this group of LB's

Kuechly > Burfict..

If Kuechly is there. Pull the trigger JR.

Dont let any draft websites fool you, yes his play (burfict) may have dropped but this guy will not make it out the first round. He is downright nasty, just needs the right coaching, dont know if its here. Who am I to say its not... Someone will take the chance in the first round...Lets just hope its not the eagles. Because honestly I have no doubt in my mind that the Iggles are butt hurt about not drafting a freak like JPP and they will definately draft Burfict if he is there...but overall, Kuechly is an absolutely class act as a person/player. Perfect for the NY Giants. He is a tackling machine, good speed and always around the ball. I would take Kuechly over Burfict anyday.

Snappinnecks
12-28-2011, 09:06 PM
Just watched the HLs of this kid. It's scary because he leads with his head and puts it down every damn play. He will have a neck injury sooner rather than later if he doesn't correct that.

giantsfan420
12-28-2011, 09:31 PM
imo, burficit will be a better player in the nfl. kuechly or however u spell it looks like a good player, but in the nfl i dont know if he has the athleticism and sheer power that would equate into being a game changer. he is smarter and more refined technically, but burfict has the athleticism and agility and power that stands out even in the nfl level.

he'd need to improve on his technique and shedding engaged blocks, which i think he'd be able to do, but for my money, from what i've seen and admittedly it isnt much, id take burfict.

his closing speed is phenomenal, his desire to hit someone is phenomenal, and just his overall athleticism is phenomenal.

kiwi burfict boley

would be a much MUCH better lb core. although the BC mlb would be a great upgrade too.

i wouldnt be surprised if burfict actually gets rated higher on some draft boards than the BC lb.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-29-2011, 12:24 AM
imo, burficit will be a better player in the nfl. kuechly or however u spell it looks like a good player, but in the nfl i dont know if he has the athleticism and sheer power that would equate into being a game changer. he is smarter and more refined technically, but burfict has the athleticism and agility and power that stands out even in the nfl level.

he'd need to improve on his technique and shedding engaged blocks, which i think he'd be able to do, but for my money, from what i've seen and admittedly it isnt much, id take burfict.

his closing speed is phenomenal, his desire to hit someone is phenomenal, and just his overall athleticism is phenomenal.

kiwi burfict boley

would be a much MUCH better lb core. although the BC mlb would be a great upgrade too.

i wouldnt be surprised if burfict actually gets rated higher on some draft boards than the BC lb.
You definately have not watched Kuechly play. Kid is ALWAYS around the ball, has a high motor and he can shed blocks. Burfict has been a complete disappointment this year, benched for penalties and softness, barely played in the bowl game. Kuechly won the Lott IMPACT award for performance and personal CHARACTER..He had 33 STRAIGHT GAMES WITH 10 TACKLES+...

"Kuechly led the nation in total tackles with 191 and solo tackles with 102 and was the only unanimous selection to the all-ACC first-team defense this season"

Kuechly this year alone won the Lott, Nagurski (best defensive player of the year), and the prestigious **** Butkus award given for the nations best LB....To say you wouldnt be surprised if Burfict got picked before Keuchly is absolutely nuts. I would be ABSOLUTELY surprised.

gmen0820
12-29-2011, 12:37 AM

kiwi burfict boley

You definately have not watched Kuechly play. Kid is ALWAYS around the ball, has a high motor and he can shed blocks. Burfict has been a complete disappointment this year, benched for penalties and softness, barely played in the bowl game. Kuechly won the Lott IMPACT award for performance and personal CHARACTER..He had 33 STRAIGHT GAMES WITH 10 TACKLES+...

"Kuechly led the nation in total tackles with 191 and solo tackles with 102 and was the only unanimous selection to the all-ACC first-team defense this season"

Kuechly this year alone won the Lott, Nagurski (best defensive player of the year), and the prestigious **** Butkus award given for the nations best LB....To say you wouldnt be surprised if Burfict got picked before Keuchly is absolutely nuts. I would be ABSOLUTELY surprised.This. I am so in love with Luke Kuechly's instincts. I really hope he doesn't do anything at the combine, I'm already convinced with what type of player this kid will be, it's just a matter of him getting to our pick.

I see Burfict becoming this years version of Jimmy Smith. I said Jimmy Smith would be an Eagle last year and I'm gonna say that Burfict will be an Eagle this year. Hopefully I'm 0-2, because I don't want to see the day where we coach opposite Spags with Cole, Patterson, Jenkins, Babin, B. Rolle, Burfict, Chaney, Aso, DRC, FA safety, healthy Nate Allen.

gmen0820
12-29-2011, 12:39 AM
And Franchise, weren't you one of the biggest Burfict guys on this board?

gmen0820
12-29-2011, 12:42 AM
Arizona State is my college team I root for, and I was at 3 home games this year, watched the rest of the games on TV. I'm not impressed with this guy.</P>

What about the season prior? Did you watch him then? Were you impressed then? If not I don't know what to say. Chalk this year up as a year where the coach was out to hold him down because of some hidden agenda which*is typical Erickson.</P>

This season's performance may actually be a blessing for the team that drafts him as he will have a huge chip on his shoulder to prove the folks who tried to hold him back in college wrong. This freak playing with a chip on his shoulder is a lethal combination. He will tear people's heads off lol.</P>I'm really not convinced that giving this kid a 6 figure signing bonus after dogging it this year is gonna lead to a huge chip on his shoulder.

I really hate this kids personality. Even last year, I had a few concerns with his future prospects, this year it's hard to just get past his personality.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-29-2011, 12:46 AM

gmen0820
Yes I do really like him, but its a tough situation. I feel like the majority of OP youtube him and get nuts and want him. If you have watched him this year, it was night and day, between last year and now. I think he is an absolute monster, but not this year. He has the "IT" factor and its clear as day, but they're are so many negatives with him as well. Will that transition to the NFL? Who knows. Would I be mad if we picked him, absolutely not, but there is plenty of things not to like about him.

What bugs me...is for people to place him over Kuechly, if I had the choice...Kuechly > Burfict every single time. Kuechly is the type of player who the Giants love. Hard working, class act, and a heck of a football player.

So yes, I do think Burfict has the potential to be the next big thing at ILB, but can he put the immaturity aside, can he become disciplined enough to use his talents to the maximum potential? Who knows.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-29-2011, 12:49 AM

kiwi burfict boley

Kuechly this year alone won the Lott, Nagurski (best defensive player of the year), and the prestigious **** Butkus award given for the nations best LB....To say you wouldnt be surprised if Burfict got picked before Keuchly is absolutely nuts. I would be ABSOLUTELY surprised.This. I am so in love with Luke Kuechly's instincts. I really hope he doesn't do anything at the combine, I'm already convinced with what type of player this kid will be, it's just a matter of him getting to our pick.

I see Burfict becoming this years version of Jimmy Smith. I said Jimmy Smith would be an Eagle last year and I'm gonna say that Burfict will be an Eagle this year. Hopefully I'm 0-2, because I don't want to see the day where we coach opposite Spags with Cole, Patterson, Jenkins, Babin, B. Rolle, Burfict, Chaney, Aso, DRC, FA safety, healthy Nate Allen.

This. I stated earlier on another post that the iggles are probably super butt hurt about the JPP pick and if Kuechly isnt there at their pick and Burfict is waiting before them, they will trade up to get him and like you...I will dread seeing burfict in eagles green for the next 10 years.

gmen0820
12-29-2011, 12:51 AM

gmen0820
Yes I do really like him, but its a tough situation. I feel like the majority of OP youtube him and get nuts and want him. If you have watched him this year, it was night and day, between last year and now. I think he is an absolute monster, but not this year. He has the "IT" factor and its clear as day, but they're are so many negatives with him as well. Will that transition to the NFL? Who knows. Would I be mad if we picked him, absolutely not, but there is plenty of things not to like about him.

What bugs me...is for people to place him over Kuechly, if I had the choice...Kuechly > Burfict every single time. Kuechly is the type of player who the Giants love. Hard working, class act, and a heck of a football player.

So yes, I do think Burfict has the potential to be the next big thing at ILB, but can he put the immaturity aside, can he become disciplined enough to use his talents to the maximum potential? Who knows.Agreed 100%. The biggest thing with Burfict is that even at his best he can be inconsistent. This disappearing act has ****ed me before, when I was convinced that Vernon Gholston was gonna be the next DeMarcus Ware. To date, it has been the worst prediction I have ever made. Can Burfict be the next hottest MIKE backer, sure he can, but he needs to fix his own character problems before he even has a chance to be coached up.

Kuechly though might as well be wearing a Giants uni already, that's how much I see this kid wearing blue. BC boy, class, instincts, work ethic, class. It's a matter of him being on the board.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-29-2011, 01:01 AM

gmen0820

So yes, I do think Burfict has the potential to be the next big thing at ILB, but can he put the immaturity aside, can he become disciplined enough to use his talents to the maximum potential? Who knows.Agreed 100%. The biggest thing with Burfict is that even at his best he can be inconsistent. This disappearing act has ****ed me before, when I was convinced that Vernon Gholston was gonna be the next DeMarcus Ware. To date, it has been the worst prediction I have ever made. Can Burfict be the next hottest MIKE backer, sure he can, but he needs to fix his own character problems before he even has a chance to be coached up.

Kuechly though might as well be wearing a Giants uni already, that's how much I see this kid wearing blue. BC boy, class, instincts, work ethic, class. It's a matter of him being on the board.

^ this.....like burfict feels hes bigger then the game, or he outhypes himself, I love the intensity, standing over the center pointing at the qb!.....and then getting gobbled up by 1 OL..

I would go nuts to see Kuechly in blue but lets take a look bro...

Indianapolis Colts
St. Louis Rams
minnesota Vikings
Cleveland Browns
jaccksonville Jaguars
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Washington Redskins
Miami Dolphins
Carolina Panthers
Buffalo Bills
Kansas City Chiefs
Arizona Cardinals
Philadelphia Eagles
Seattle Seahawks
San Diego Chargers
Chicago Bears
Tennessee Titans
Dallas Cowboys
New York Jets
Oakland Raiders
New York Giants
Denver Broncos

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/50957/2012-nfl-draft-order-as-week-16-nears-end

you tell me if kuechly if is going to make it to us, ehh.. eagles, bears (urlacher's replacement)....they MIGHT make it out the top 10 due to other needs of teams. Unless we trade up, kuechly is gone. getting burfict is much more of a reality then kuechly.

gmen0820
12-29-2011, 01:09 AM

gmen0820

^ this.....like burfict feels hes bigger then the game, or he outhypes himself, I love the intensity, standing over the center pointing at the qb!.....and then getting gobbled up by 1 OL..

Indianapolis Colts
St. Louis Rams
minnesota Vikings
Cleveland Browns
jaccksonville Jaguars
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Washington Redskins
Miami Dolphins
Carolina Panthers
Buffalo Bills
Kansas City Chiefs
Arizona Cardinals
Philadelphia Eagles
Seattle Seahawks
San Diego Chargers
Chicago Bears
Tennessee Titans
Dallas Cowboys
New York Jets
Oakland Raiders
New York Giants
Denver Broncos

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/50957/2012-nfl-draft-order-as-week-16-nears-end

you tell me if kuechly if is going to make it to us, ehh.. eagles, bears (urlacher's replacement)....they MIGHT make it out the top 10 due to other needs of teams. Unless we trade up, kuechly is gone. getting burfict is much more of a reality then kuechly.Eagles have a lot of ammo to move back in and steal Kuechly from us, but I see them going for more of a physical freak talent like Burfict. Good or bad I really don't know. I really hope this kid falls. At least to 18 so we have a legitimate shot to trade up. This is all considering we win Sunday.

Redeyejedi
12-29-2011, 01:11 AM
Have u guys watched anything besides highlights this year because Burfict has been abysmal. im not talking about Personal Fouls either. He freelances allowing teams to gauge them on the ground,Has zero gap discipline,an inconsistent motor,leaves his feet to tackle,and over runs plays.No way I would touch him in the first round

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-29-2011, 01:15 AM
Have u guys watched anything besides highlights this year because Burfict has been abysmal. im not talking about Personal Fouls either. He freelances allowing teams to gauge them on the ground,Has zero gap discipline,an inconsistent motor,leaves his feet to tackle,and over runs plays.No way I would touch him in the first round

This. this year i have seen him get gobbled up by ONE olineman. I just dont want to be the team that passes him up and he becomes everything he looks like he should be. and second, have a division rival pick him.

kuechly > burfict.

I really see us going DB 1st round..if kirkpatrick is there at our pick, i take him over burfict

gmen0820
12-29-2011, 01:16 AM
Have u guys watched anything besides highlights this year because Burfict has been abysmal. im not talking about Personal Fouls either. He freelances allowing teams to gauge them on the ground,Has zero gap discipline,an inconsistent motor,leaves his feet to tackle,and over runs plays.No way I would touch him in the first roundIt seems Burfict either plays over aggressive or just not there. Never that middle ground and being overly aggressive and not there are almost just as bad as the other.

I can seriously picture this kid on the board in the third round.

gmen0820
12-29-2011, 01:16 AM
Have u guys watched anything besides highlights this year because Burfict has been abysmal. im not talking about Personal Fouls either. He freelances allowing teams to gauge them on the ground,Has zero gap discipline,an inconsistent motor,leaves his feet to tackle,and over runs plays.No way I would touch him in the first roundIt seems Burfict either plays over aggressive or just not there. Never that middle ground and being overly aggressive and not there are almost just as bad as the other.

I can seriously picture this kid on the board in the third round.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-29-2011, 01:18 AM

gmen0820

Indianapolis Colts
St. Louis Rams
minnesota Vikings
Cleveland Browns
jaccksonville Jaguars
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Washington Redskins
Miami Dolphins
Carolina Panthers
Buffalo Bills
Kansas City Chiefs
Arizona Cardinals
Philadelphia Eagles
Seattle Seahawks
San Diego Chargers
Chicago Bears
Tennessee Titans
Dallas Cowboys
New York Jets
Oakland Raiders
New York Giants
Denver Broncos

you tell me if kuechly if is going to make it to us, ehh.. eagles, bears (urlacher's replacement)....they MIGHT make it out the top 10 due to other needs of teams. Unless we trade up, kuechly is gone. getting burfict is much more of a reality then kuechly.Eagles have a lot of ammo to move back in and steal Kuechly from us, but I see them going for more of a physical freak talent like Burfict. Good or bad I really don't know. I really hope this kid falls. At least to 18 so we have a legitimate shot to trade up. This is all considering we win Sunday.

Eagles have 6 picks in the first 4 rounds.

Redeyejedi
12-29-2011, 01:24 AM
Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube?

He was downright awful this year, in between his personal foul penalties you got to see him look completely lost, misread plays constantly, and just show his instincts are really subpar.

He is nowhere near being an elite prospect. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round, no way would I draft him sooner.This!!! I worked a lot of Burficts game in the begining of the season I got to the UCLA game and I was watching him thinking why am I wasting my time breaking this guy down. The guy does not follow the defense he freelances gets caught over pursuing and he allows huge gains on the ground. U dont know how many times I watched Burfict attack the wrong gap the RB would cut back and there is no on there and he gauges ASU for 30 yards. I could care less about the personal fouls. If that was the only thing I wouldnt have a problem with him. Im more worried about his hellacious instincts and his willingness to leave his feet to tackle every time.U cant have a MLB for no reason diving at RB's when they come through the hole.

Give me James Michael Johnson of Nevada

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-29-2011, 01:29 AM

kiwi burfict boley

how many full games have you watched Kuechly play?

giantsfan420
12-29-2011, 01:39 AM

kiwi burfict boley

i claim to be no expert on either player. my commentary was merely what i thought, which i prefaced with my opinion.

i watched some clip of kuechly where it showed the positives and negatives of his play vs ND, and two other teams.

As I said, technically and in shedding blocks, Kuechly imo is clearly superior.

that said, i still maintain from what i've seen and this imo, that burfict going before kuechly would not surprise me. the talent level from college to the nfl is a huge jump, which is why i feel that a player who displays more athleticism could be higher on draft boards.

in your opinion, who is more of an athletic talent? kuechly or burfict? kuechly displays good technique in shedding blocks and avoiding them, and making tackles. but in a speed, athleticism, agility standpoint, Burfict stands out more.

first year in the nfl, kuechly will be abetter player. overall career, i'd say burfict has a better chance at being a more dominant game changer.

i see kuechly being more ready made for the nfl, but again, is his athleticism and measurables superior to burfict? not imo. and i've watched i believe 4 ASU games, and a couple BC games.

Just the eye test, burfict seems like he is faster, quicker to close on the ball, sideline to sideline faster, and hits harder.

that said, kuechly was the better career in college, but again, his athleticism seems at the nfl level, to be more avg. while burfict at the nfl level, seems like his athleticism and agility would still stand out.

again tho my opinion, and i value the opinions of u and redeye and gmen0820 bc i dont have the time to really evaluate collegiate players.

who do u see as being more athletically gifted between the two?

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-29-2011, 01:48 AM

kiwi burfict boley

i claim to be no expert on either player. my commentary was merely what i thought, which i prefaced with my opinion.

i watched some clip of kuechly where it showed the positives and negatives of his play vs ND, and two other teams.

that said, i still maintain from what i've seen and this imo, that burfict going before kuechly would not surprise me. the talent level from college to the nfl is a huge jump, which is why i feel that a player who displays more athleticism could be higher on draft boards.

in your opinion, who is more of an athletic talent? kuechly or burfict? kuechly displays good technique in shedding blocks and avoiding them, and making tackles. but in a speed, athleticism, agility standpoint, Burfict stands out more.

first year in the nfl, kuechly will be abetter player. overall career, i'd say burfict has a better chance at being a more dominant game changer.

i see kuechly being more ready made for the nfl, but again, is his athleticism and measurables superior to burfict? not imo. and i've watched i believe 4 ASU games, and a couple BC games.

Just the eye test, burfict seems like he is faster, quicker to close on the ball, sideline to sideline faster, and hits harder.

that said, kuechly was the better career in college, but again, his athleticism seems at the nfl level, to be more avg. while burfict at the nfl level, seems like his athleticism and agility would still stand out.

again tho my opinion, and i value the opinions of u and redeye and gmen0820 bc i dont have the time to really evaluate collegiate players.

Dont get me wrong, I know what you mean, burfict has these abilities, but if you cannot produce on a consistent level, i dontwant you. I dont want 4 outstanding games and then disappearing 12 games. you know what im saying?

Athletically gifted..hmmmmmm, I would probably leans towards Burfict. Like I said though, can he turn it on every game? Kuechly is just as gifted, he may not be faster (clocked time) but Kuechly is ALWAYSSSS around the ball, 33 straight games with 10 tackles or more...if thats not gifted, idk what is...

Thanks for the compliment bro, but I gotta pass the collegiate stuff to redeye, I believe he was created from the sperm of Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit...

giantsfan420
12-29-2011, 01:52 AM

kiwi burfict boley

Dont get me wrong, I know what you mean, burfict has these abilities, but if you cannot produce on a consistent level, i dontwant you. I dont want 4 outstanding games and then disappearing 12 games. you know what im saying?

Athletically gifted..hmmmmmm, I would probably leans towards Burfict. Like I said though, can he turn it on every game? Kuechly is just as gifted, he may not be faster (clocked time) but Kuechly is ALWAYSSSS around the ball, 33 straight games with 10 tackles or more...if thats not gifted, idk what is...

Thanks for the compliment bro, but I gotta pass the collegiate stuff to redeye, I believe he was created from the sperm of Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit...

i can def. see ur viewpoint and agree with ur assessment on both. i just see that in the nfl, teams are more willing to take the player who has a higher ceiling over a guy who performed very well in college but doesnt have as high a ceiling.

dont forget graham was taken before JPP by philly. even if graham was there, i still think Reese would take JPP for the whole NFL transition bc of talent and more of upside.

btw, hows your injury? your neck/shoulder right? how u feeling?

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-29-2011, 02:00 AM

kiwi burfict boley

i can def. see ur viewpoint and agree with ur assessment on both. i just see that in the nfl, teams are more willing to take the player who has a higher ceiling over a guy who performed very well in college but doesnt have as high a ceiling.

dont forget graham was taken before JPP by philly. even if graham was there, i still think Reese would take JPP for the whole NFL transition bc of talent and more of upside.

yeah but talent and upside, i see kuechly has proved that he has both. from his consistent play from the past couple years. He has ALWAYS performed as expected.

OP put it great..said Burfict reminded him of Gholston, we know how that turned out...

Shoulder is getting better, feel useless thought with only one good arm, off the pain meds..no meds now, natural..LOL only way to go

giantsfan420
12-29-2011, 02:03 AM

kiwi burfict boley

yeah but talent and upside, i see kuechly has proved that he has both. from his consistent play from the past couple years. He has ALWAYS performed as expected.

OP put it great..said Burfict reminded him of Gholston, we know how that turned out...

Shoulder is getting better, feel useless thought with only one good arm, off the pain meds..no meds now, natural..LOL only way to go

agreed. i think kuechly will go first, but it wouldnt surprise me if a team took burfict before him simply bc of athleticism difference.

and AWESOME to hear about u being off the meds and doing it natural.

strawberries, blueberries, bannanas, and a few other natural foods fight pain very well. i will look for the info on foods that help fight pain and PM them to u. hope u heal up quick and feel better than before the injury.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-29-2011, 02:09 AM

kiwi burfict boley

agreed. i think kuechly will go first, but it wouldnt surprise me if a team took burfict before him simply bc of athleticism difference.

and AWESOME to hear about u being off the meds and doing it natural.

strawberries, blueberries, bannanas, and a few other natural foods fight pain very well. i will look for the info on foods that help fight pain and PM them to u. hope u heal up quick and feel better than before the injury.
Awesome, thanks man!

Spizi
12-29-2011, 02:28 AM
Just watched the HLs of this kid. It's scary because he leads with his head and puts it down every damn play. He will have a neck injury sooner rather than later if he doesn't correct that.

Coming from the guy named snappinnecks haha ;)

Spizi
12-29-2011, 02:32 AM

He is nowhere near being an elite prospect. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round, no way would I draft him sooner.

At some point you have to say though if this guy has a 9 minute highlight film on youtube he has to have some serious talent.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-29-2011, 02:53 AM

At some point you have to say though if this guy has a 9 minute highlight film on youtube he has to have some serious talent.

12 games a season excluding bowl games...3 seasons=36 games

60 min a game * 36 games=2160 min

9 minutes out of 2160 min in his career..figuring he hasnt played every min obviously..

still leaves you in the 1k's at least...

no not very hard to acquire 9 min of good footage LOL

redbeardxxv
12-29-2011, 03:06 AM

Just for that pun, I'm nominating you as favorite poster of 2011......

TheEnigma
12-29-2011, 03:25 AM
If Peter Konz decides to come out next year, I'd rather take him instead of Burfict.

Of course, I really won't know what I want out of the 1st round for sure until the results of our game this Sunday and then will have to follow the combines.

BurnerNYG
12-29-2011, 04:06 AM
Burfict is gonna end up dropping to the 2nd round. If the Giants trade up to get a MLB they might go after Kuechly or Hightower.

BlueSanta
12-29-2011, 05:51 AM

But as I understand it he wasn't benched for poor play.

Penalties are part of the game and this kid has cost his team games with his idiotic penalties(see Stanford 2010). The Giants have a history of drafting character. Whoever drafts him better have thier city build an express lane from Vontaze's house to Goodell's office because he is going to spend a lot of time there.

Its been widely reported that ASU has asked VB NOT to come back next year. Doesnt hat mean anything to you guys?

Have you even seen some of his dumb penalties? They are idiotic. He makes Suh look like NFL's man of the year.

Spizi
12-29-2011, 06:37 PM

9 minutes out of 2160 min in his career..figuring he hasnt played every min obviously..

ok then show me another linebacker that has better highlights then him. He has the potential to be dominant that's all I'm saying.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-29-2011, 07:22 PM

ok then show me another linebacker that has better highlights then him. He has the potential to be dominant that's all I'm saying.

Youtube Kuechly, thing about him, he doesnt have one break out year. Kid has been a beast all his years basically at BC. You see burfict's crazy hits and get all excited. He sure does have tremendous potential, but what is your definition of "better", sure Kuechly may not have crazy hits like Burfict, but he sheds blocks, doesn't get lost on the field, he actually has gap discipline unlike Burfict.

Voldamort
12-29-2011, 07:27 PM
would be a GREAT PICK!!!

Redeyejedi
12-29-2011, 07:44 PM

Here is 46 minutes of Burfict 7 games
its my Vontaze playlist
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6987209F7C55F867

The 2011 games im being kind these are his best games. I will start putting up the bad ones when I get some time after the Bowl games

Spizi
12-29-2011, 08:15 PM

Youtube Kuechly, thing about him, he doesnt have one break out year. Kid has been a beast all his years basically at BC. You see burfict's crazy hits and get all excited. He sure does have tremendous potential, but what is your definition of "better", sure Kuechly may not have crazy hits like Burfict, but he sheds blocks, doesn't get lost on the field, he actually has gap discipline unlike Burfict.

Kuechly is without a doubt the better player but

1. He won't be there when we pick... look at McClain going number 8 or whatever and Keek is a better player.

2. Burfict has the potential to be a top 5 linebacker. I see keek as a guy who will be solid for many years but never be an impact guy.

3. Vontaze brings a passion and intensity that is unrivaled by anyone. He's like a James Harrison/Ray Lewis type player and I would LOVE that on our team.

Spizi
12-29-2011, 08:19 PM

Here is 46 minutes of Burfict 7 games
its my Vontaze playlist
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6987209F7C55F867

The 2011 games im being kind these are his best games. I will start putting up the bad ones when I get some time after the Bowl games

Thanks. I see so much potential in him because he has not so great technique (something that can be learned) yet still makes plays because he is explosive, intense, and straight mean. The Giants are a team that could really tap into his full potential.

Wes
12-30-2011, 06:44 PM

I never saw anything from him this entire season that showed he should be anywhere close to being a 1st round pick. I'd take Kuechly without a second thought</P>

</P>

I think alot of us would LIKE Keuchly, but im speaking value here. Keuchly, we would have to move up to get and move up alot and thats not going to happen with JR. Burfict could and likely will fall to us and worst case if they felt they wanted him bad enough, wouldnt have to move up much to get him.</P>

Id prefer not to move up, but we HAVE to come out of this draft with an impact LB, and after Kuechly, Hightower and Burfict, there isnt much to speak of IMO. </P>

He has ideal sideline to sideline speed for a 4-3, tons of agressiveness and motor. Hes not a headcase, just needs good players and good coaching staff around him.</P>

I think this kid in the right situation could win DROY easy.</P>

nycsportzfan
12-30-2011, 06:53 PM
Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube? He was downright awful this year, in between his personal foul penalties you got to see him look completely lost, misread plays constantly, and just show his instincts are really subpar. He is nowhere near being an elite prospect. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round, no way would I draft him sooner.</p>

well, i disagree, i think he will be the best LB out of this class. Teo will be a beast and i would of preferred him if he came out this year....but this guy is the only other LB i would want. I dont see what you saw. His numbers were down...but he didnt play awful. He did get held out of alot of games due to his agressiveness but his head coach was also a softie</p>

I never saw anything from him this entire season that showed he should be anywhere close to being a 1st round pick. I'd take Kuechly without a second thought</p>

</p>

I think alot of us would LIKE Keuchly, but im speaking value here. Keuchly, we would have to move up to get and move up alot and thats not going to happen with JR. Burfict could and likely will fall to us and worst case if they felt they wanted him bad enough, wouldnt have to move up much to get him.</p>

Id prefer not to move up, but we HAVE to come out of this draft with an impact LB, and after Kuechly, Hightower and Burfict, there isnt much to speak of IMO. </p>

He has ideal sideline to sideline speed for a 4-3, tons of agressiveness and motor. Hes not a headcase, just needs good players and good coaching staff around him.</p>

I think this kid in the right situation could win DROY easy.</p> What your getting with Burfict is Potential Outside of that the guy was really a non factor this season If you Draft Burfict your hoping he lives up to his potential and gli<span class="echo-item-text">mpses hes shwon becasue quite frankly hes been bad this yr
</span>

Spizi
12-30-2011, 07:16 PM
Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube? He was downright awful this year, in between his personal foul penalties you got to see him look completely lost, misread plays constantly, and just show his instincts are really subpar. He is nowhere near being an elite prospect. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round, no way would I draft him sooner.</p>

well, i disagree, i think he will be the best LB out of this class.* Teo will be a beast and i would of preferred him if he came out this year....but this guy is the only other LB i would want.* I dont see what you saw.* His numbers were down...but he didnt play awful.* He did get held out of alot of games due to his agressiveness but his head coach was also a softie</p>

I never saw anything from him this entire season that showed he should be anywhere close to being a 1st round pick. I'd take Kuechly without a second thought</p>

*</p>

I think alot of us would LIKE Keuchly, but im speaking value here.* Keuchly, we would have to move up to get and move up alot and thats not going to happen with JR.* Burfict could and likely will fall to us and worst case if they felt they wanted him bad enough, wouldnt have to move up much to get him.</p>

Id prefer not to move up, but we HAVE to come out of this draft with an impact LB, and after Kuechly, Hightower and Burfict, there isnt much to speak of IMO.* </p>

He has ideal sideline to sideline speed for a 4-3, tons of agressiveness and motor.* Hes not a headcase, just needs good players and good coaching staff around him.</p>

I think this kid in the right situation could win DROY easy.</p> What your getting with Burfict is Potential***** Outside of that the guy was really a non factor this season**** If you Draft Burfict*** your hoping he lives up to his potential and gli<span class="echo-item-text">mpses hes shwon becasue quite frankly** hes been bad this yr
</span>

C'mon now. I mean I know he hasn't been great and his play hasn't warranted a 1st round pick but it's not like he's a bad player. Production-wise a 2nd rounder but potential wise he's definitely worth it in the 20s.

Joe Morrison
12-30-2011, 07:17 PM
Please, Vontaze Burfict? Is he a relative of yours?

Dirt66
12-30-2011, 07:45 PM
Reese passed on taking Rey Malauluga that year, he went in the 2nd round.

JJC7301
12-30-2011, 10:04 PM
We should take him for his HISTORICALLY AWESOME football name alone -- Vontaze Burfict!

I would LOVE this guy pointing at Vick, Romo, Rodgers, and Brees from the Giants line. He's got that "Prediction? Pain" look going and he plays like it too (hopefully, he would tone it down a bit to avoid penalties).

Redeyejedi
12-30-2011, 10:15 PM

1. He won't be there when we pick... look at McClain going number 8 or whatever and Keek is a better player.

2. Burfict has the potential to be a top 5 linebacker. I see keek as a guy who will be solid for many years but never be an impact guy.

3. Vontaze brings a passion and intensity that is unrivaled by anyone. He's like a James Harrison/Ray Lewis type player and I would LOVE that on our team.We shall see if Kuechly goes that high, The LB's that have gone in the Top 10 have all had real good measurables, Kuechly doesnt have that. I would like to see the Giants end up with Either James Michael Johnson of Nevada or Bobby Wagner of Utah State

gmen0820
12-31-2011, 01:07 PM
Reese passed on taking Rey Malauluga that year, he went in the 2nd round.Because we took Nicks which was a bigger need. We still had Pierce, and we needed a WR way more, and Nicks has been great for us.

critters
01-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Donta Hightower is the linebacker we need. I have followed this guy's entire career and he has excelled at every position he has been asked to play, going back to high school when he had to play RB for 4 games... and got over 1,000 yards rushing with 7 TDs! As a TE in high school he had over 250 yards receiving and a handful of TDs. His senior year in high school he was moved to DE and he got over 160 tackles, 5 forced fumbles and 5 interceptions. He was an immediate starter in Saban's system which is TOUGH. He had a rough year after his injury but this past season he has been at full speed and is back to dominating. The guy almost went to Vandy instead of Alabama because of their academics. He admittedly lives in the weight room, film room and weight room... so he's gonna learn the defense quick. He has no character issues, is athletic as hell, massive, quick and would be a team leader. He MAY need some work in coverage though. He comes from the best defensive system in college footbal although it is a 3-4 system. He can dominate standing up or with his hand in the dirt. JUST GET THIS GUY!

BlueSanta
01-03-2012, 08:20 PM

well, i disagree, i think he will be the best LB out of this class. Teo will be a beast and i would of preferred him if he came out this year....but this guy is the only other LB i would want. I dont see what you saw. His numbers were down...but he didnt play awful. He did get held out of alot of games due to his agressiveness but his head coach was also a softie</p>

</p>

I think alot of us would LIKE Keuchly, but im speaking value here. Keuchly, we would have to move up to get and move up alot and thats not going to happen with JR. Burfict could and likely will fall to us and worst case if they felt they wanted him bad enough, wouldnt have to move up much to get him.</p>

Id prefer not to move up, but we HAVE to come out of this draft with an impact LB, and after Kuechly, Hightower and Burfict, there isnt much to speak of IMO. </p>

He has ideal sideline to sideline speed for a 4-3, tons of agressiveness and motor. Hes not a headcase, just needs good players and good coaching staff around him.</p>

I think this kid in the right situation could win DROY easy.</p> What your getting with Burfict is Potential Outside of that the guy was really a non factor this season If you Draft Burfict your hoping he lives up to his potential and gli<span class="echo-item-text">mpses hes shwon becasue quite frankly hes been bad this yr
</span>

C'mon now. I mean I know he hasn't been great and his play hasn't warranted a 1st round pick but it's not like he's a bad player. Production-wise a 2nd rounder but potential wise he's definitely worth it in the 20s.
His 2010 production is 1st round quality.

His 2011 production is 6th-7th round quality.

The Primary stat for a MLB is tackles:
- He was 3rd on his own team in tackles in 2011.
- He was 26th in the Pac12 conference in tackles
- 18 LBs, 7 DBs and 1 DLman in his own conference had more tackles than VB.

His stats vs quality opponents against good teams were significantly diminished. He was a non factor in their bowl game this year, except that is for his 1 personal foul.

Speaking of that, he did lead his conference in personal fouls. In fact he led the nation. He must be a team player too because he was so good in this category he helped his team be the most penalized in the country(by a LOT.)

If you look at 2010, there is a good bit to like about him. If you look at 2011, there is a lot to hate about him.

GMENAGAIN
01-03-2012, 08:28 PM
I dont think most of the OP on this thread know about his play this year. He has sucked big time this year and got benched his last game. Even in the bowl game burfict got little to no playing time. I had a man crush on him as well. Its just his discipline that is the question...He takes plays off.. With all that said, if the Giants coaching stuff can tune him to becoming all the things he truly could be, I would take him in a heart beat. Keuchly is overall a better LB but he is going to be gone way before that. Teo isnt coming out.</P>

</P>

It is a HUGE mistake to draft a guy who takes plays off in college, pay him a bunch of money and then expect him to not take plays off in the NFL.</P>

I don't know much about the guy, but if his work ethic is being questioned in college, I want nothing to do with him . . . . .</P>

</P>

TheEnigma
01-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Burfict is going to be THAT "guy" this year isn't he? You know, the one 90% of the fanbase is clamoring for but know nothing about other than one or two positive things. It's like last year and everyone wanting Mike Pouncey.

nycsportzfan
01-04-2012, 07:20 AM

3. Vontaze brings a passion and intensity that is unrivaled by anyone. He's like a James Harrison/Ray Lewis type player and I would LOVE that on our team.We shall see if Kuechly goes that high, The LB's that have gone in the Top 10 have all had real good measurables, Kuechly doesnt have that. I would like to see the Giants end up with Either James Michael Johnson of Nevada or Bobby Wagner of Utah State You know Bobby Wagner is one of my Fave's! I think Wagner is a 2nd-3rd round pick and i'd much rather Wagner or even Audie Cole then i would Burfict Shoot I'd rather get Carmen messina then Burfict!!lol

Redeyejedi
01-04-2012, 08:23 AM

well, i disagree, i think he will be the best LB out of this class.* Teo will be a beast and i would of preferred him if he came out this year....but this guy is the only other LB i would want.* I dont see what you saw.* His numbers were down...but he didnt play awful.* He did get held out of alot of games due to his agressiveness but his head coach was also a softie</p>

*</p>

I think alot of us would LIKE Keuchly, but im speaking value here.* Keuchly, we would have to move up to get and move up alot and thats not going to happen with JR.* Burfict could and likely will fall to us and worst case if they felt they wanted him bad enough, wouldnt have to move up much to get him.</p>

Id prefer not to move up, but we HAVE to come out of this draft with an impact LB, and after Kuechly, Hightower and Burfict, there isnt much to speak of IMO.* </p>

He has ideal sideline to sideline speed for a 4-3, tons of agressiveness and motor.* Hes not a headcase, just needs good players and good coaching staff around him.</p>

I think this kid in the right situation could win DROY easy.</p> What your getting with Burfict is Potential***** Outside of that the guy was really a non factor this season**** If you Draft Burfict*** your hoping he lives up to his potential and gli<span class="echo-item-text">mpses hes shwon becasue quite frankly** hes been bad this yr
</span>

C'mon now. I mean I know he hasn't been great and his play hasn't warranted a 1st round pick but it's not like he's a bad player. Production-wise a 2nd rounder but potential wise he's definitely worth it in the 20s.From what ive seen this year Burfict shouldnt even sniff the first round.Honestly Id put him at SOLB because no way Id trust him as a MLB