PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys fan here....Opinions on the teams.

ufcrules1
12-28-2011, 10:16 AM
First off, I'm a realist Cowboys fan, not a blind homer. I enjoy when fans from other teams post on our forum, so I thought I would return the favor.

QB's are equal. Both are playing great football this year. Eli has been on fire lately, even in the games the Giants lost, Eli has been on the money with his passes. His receivers drop perfect passes sometimes which is weird, especially when you see someone as good as Nicks drop them.

Offense: Is very close with these 2 teams. Both have great WR's and decent RB's. Dallas has the better TE and more depth at WR. Our offensive line, while not great, is a little better than the Giants. I give Dallas a slight advantage on overall offense.

Defense: Our secondary is shameful bad. There isn't anything we can do about it at this point either. The players are just terrible and need to go. We can't make them play better, they simply do not have what it takes. The Giants secondary is terrible right now too and will certainly get lit up on Sunday. Giants have a better defensive line. Only good players we have on the DL are Ware and Ratliff, and only Ware brings pressure to the QB. NY gets the edge here for sure.

On paper the Giants have the edge Sunday. Home turf, tougher team mentally, more experienced coaching staff, beat us once already, etc. But these two teams are both schizophrenic. You never know what you are going to get week to week and the Giants have played terrible at home this year. Lost to Seattle, Washington, Philly(with VY at QB), had very close games with Miami and Buffalo.

At the end of the day, these 2 teams both suck and need some serious revamping from coaching staff to players. Whoever wins, will probably win the first playoff game and get steam rolled in the 2nd one.

I can't even pick a winner in this game. It could easily go either way. As a Cowboys fan, I'm just hoping the game is similar to last year when we played there.

G-Man67
12-28-2011, 10:19 AM
our teams are bi-polar

any current update on Romo's hand?

ufcrules1
12-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Agreed, they are both Bi-polar! There is zero concern about Romo's hand around here. He is 100% fine. They say the swelling has subsided completely. I'm sure the media will keep talking about it all the way till the game and even into the game, but he is fine. He will more than likely practice today as well.

Ruttiger711
12-28-2011, 10:24 AM
I wouldnt say either team sucks, but are surely capable of that kind of play just as they are of all-time great play.

One of the biggest keys will be holding Witten to basically no production again. That was huge last game.

ufcrules1
12-28-2011, 10:31 AM
You know, Witten hasn't done too much the last couple of games. He is certainly due for a breakout game.

TrueBlue07
12-28-2011, 10:43 AM
<div><font size="2" face="Arial"><span class="271184214-28122011">IMO it would be
crazy to believe Romo's hand will not hurt him during this game. Of course the
Cowboys will down play it, they aren't going to let on someone is hurt if the
guy plans on playing. Romo is a tough dude, maybe he overcome's it to have a
good game, that's always a possibility. I just can't see that hand not being a
problem, especially if we can knock him down a few times and force him to land
on it.</span></font></div>

OrangeGiant
12-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Both teams are very similar, which probably a lot of Giants fans don't want to admit. I don't think they suck by any means, I would say they are both good teams but lack any consistency. I can't explain why the Giants play so poorly at home, it's vert frustrating. You'd like to think you have an edge being at home but crazy as it sounds I almost wish it was in Dallas. Were undefeated in that stadium!</P>

I think it comes down to coaching in this game because both teams know each other well and what their tendencies are. I'd like to think we have the edge there.</P>

I guess we'll see.</P>

ufcrules1
12-28-2011, 10:48 AM
It's not a big deal at all, but if anything he will use it to his advantage. If we lose, he can say his hand hurt him and he couldn't grip the ball like he normally does, if we win, he will say he had to fight through the pain and handle his business with a hurt hand.. and he will be a hero again.

Nobody around here is the slightest bit concerned about it though. It's will be a non factor in this game.

GMENAGAIN
12-28-2011, 10:55 AM
First off, I'm a realist Cowboys fan, not a blind homer. I enjoy when fans from other teams post on our forum, so I thought I would return the favor. QB's are equal. Both are playing great football this year. Eli has been on fire lately, even in the games the Giants lost, Eli has been on the money with his passes. His receivers drop perfect passes sometimes which is weird, especially when you see someone as good as Nicks drop them. Offense: Is very close with these 2 teams. Both have great WR's and decent RB's. Dallas has the better TE and more depth at WR. Our offensive line, while not great, is a little better than the Giants. I give Dallas a slight advantage on overall offense. Defense: Our secondary is shameful bad. There isn't anything we can do about it at this point either. The players are just terrible and need to go. We can't make them play better, they simply do not have what it takes. The Giants secondary is terrible right now too and will certainly get lit up on Sunday. Giants have a better defensive line. Only good players we have on the DL are Ware and Ratliff, and only Ware brings pressure to the QB. NY gets the edge here for sure. On paper the Giants have the edge Sunday. Home turf, tougher team mentally, more experienced coaching staff, beat us once already, etc. But these two teams are both schizophrenic. You never know what you are going to get week to week and the Giants have played terrible at home this year. Lost to Seattle, Washington, Philly(with VY at QB), had very close games with Miami and Buffalo. At the end of the day, these 2 teams both suck and need some serious revamping from coaching staff to players. Whoever wins, will probably win the first playoff game and get steam rolled in the 2nd one. I can't even pick a winner in this game. It could easily go either way. As a Cowboys fan, I'm just hoping the game is similar to last year when we played there.</P>

Very objective analysis.</P>

How is the loss of your starting OG going to affect your OL? </P>

TuckYou
12-28-2011, 10:55 AM
Giants have been switching it up though the past few games. Averaging 100+ on the ground the past 3 games which is a lot better then what they were doing early on. Plus last game, they switched to a more agressive man to man defense which was a hell of a lot better then the soft zone we were playing all year. But it might be too much to think our DC would stay with something that works. We have pretty solid WR depth, Nicks, Cruz, Manningham, Barden.. I like those better thenAustin, Dez, Robinson... Cowboys clearly are better at LB and TE. Oline has started coming around as of late for the Giants. Coaching goes to the Giants by a large margin. </P>

It all comes down to what team shows up. We could come out swinging, or fold like a cheap lawn chair. </P>

rebelfan1966
12-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Cowboys have a team owner who does not seem to trust his coaches.... I think he does a disservice to his team by undermining the coach and showing up on the sideline in the 1st qtr of a game to offer his opinion. </P>

Giants ownership trust Tom Coughlin.</P>

Tom Coughlin is a veteran coach, Garret is just now getting his feet wet as a HC. I think JJ should share his opinions about the game before the game or after..... I believe it tarnishes his young coaches authority to do it during a game..</P>

I am not saying this gives an advantage to NY in this game..... just an observation from an opposing teams fan. </P>

Good luck.... Go Giants!!!!</P>

ufcrules1
12-28-2011, 11:17 AM
Cowboys have a team owner who does not seem to trust his coaches.... I think he does a disservice to his team by undermining the coach and showing up on the sideline in the 1st qtr of a game to offer his opinion. </P>

Tom Coughlin is a veteran coach, Garret is just now getting his feet wet as a HC. I think JJ should share his opinions about the game before the game or after..... I believe it tarnishes his young coaches authority to do it during a game..</P>

I am not saying this gives an advantage to NY in this game..... just an observation from an opposing teams fan. </P>

Yes, I completely agree. JG has been learning as he goes and has lost 3 games for us with poor coaching/ clock management. It's very frustrating to say the least. With that said he has drafted some really good players and cut some bad ones. We have about 15 players we need to badly cut on this team. So there are going to be a lot of changes coming.

The edge with regards to coaching certainly goes to the Giants. TC is a little crazy but I like how he is a no BS coach. You don't show up for practice on time, or to watch film, etc. You get benched. He doesn't care who you are. I really like that.

With regards to WR depth, I think we have the advantage. Dez, Austin, and Robinson are all beasts. Robinson has come out of nowhere and has been our best WR this year, and that is saying a lot. Manningham and Ballard both have questionable hands and cannot completely be counted on. Robinson, Dez, and Robinson can. Also, we have Ogletree and Holley who can fill in at any time as well.

Ntegrase96
12-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Cowboys have a team owner who does not seem to trust his coaches.... I think he does a disservice to his team by undermining the coach and showing up on the sideline in the 1st qtr of a game to offer his opinion. </p>

Giants ownership trust Tom Coughlin.</p>

Tom Coughlin is a veteran coach, Garret is just now getting his feet wet as a HC. I think JJ should share his opinions about the game before the game or after..... I believe it tarnishes his young coaches authority to do it during a game..</p>

I am not saying this gives an advantage to NY in this game..... just an observation from an opposing teams fan. </p>

Good luck.... Go Giants!!!!</p>

Yes, I completely agree. JG has been learning as he goes and has lost 3 games for us with poor coaching/ clock management. It's very frustrating to say the least. With that said he has drafted some really good players and cut some bad ones. We have about 15 players we need to badly cut on this team. So there are going to be a lot of changes coming.

The edge with regards to coaching certainly goes to the Giants. TC is a little crazy but I like how he is a no BS coach. You don't show up for practice on time, or to watch film, etc. You get benched. He doesn't care who you are. I really like that.

With regards to WR depth, I think we have the advantage. Dez, Austin, and Robinson are all beasts. Robinson has come out of nowhere and has been our best WR this year, and that is saying a lot. Manningham and Ballard both have questionable hands and cannot completely be counted on. Robinson, Dez, and Robinson can. Also, we have Ogletree and Holley who can fill in at any time as well.

Ballard seems to be pretty reliable. He's made some big time catches. Certainly an upgrade over Kevin Boss, maybe even Shockey since there's no attitude.

If you include Witten, THEN I'd give the edge to Dallas in receiving. The 3 WRs in Dallas are certainly more balanced in production, but I'm not sure they're overall better. I'd give Nicks the edge over Bryant right now. Cruz over Austin (although it's slight and very temporary). But Robinson over Manningham by a lot.

ufcrules1
12-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Gmenagain,

Hard to say, we have Kowalksi who is a rookie but has looked good. He has filled in several times this year and has held his own.

TrueBlue07
12-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Cowboys have a team owner who does not seem to trust his coaches.... I think he does a disservice to his team by undermining the coach and showing up on the sideline in the 1st qtr of a game to offer his opinion. </p>

Tom Coughlin is a veteran coach, Garret is just now getting his feet wet as a HC. I think JJ should share his opinions about the game before the game or after..... I believe it tarnishes his young coaches authority to do it during a game..</p>

I am not saying this gives an advantage to NY in this game..... just an observation from an opposing teams fan. </p>

<div><span class="084381915-28122011"><font size="2">I give the recieving edge to
the Giants. Manningham is so good sometimes he drops balls on purpose because he
knows if he caught the pass, he'd score and then he would give the other teams
offense too much time to score &amp; win. Who on Dallas is good enough to be
able to do that?!</font></span></div>
<div><span class="084381915-28122011"></span></div>
<div><span class="084381915-28122011"><font size="2">In all seriousness, for W17,
combining TEs &amp; WRs I have to give the edge to Dallas. We don't even know
as of now if MM/Ballard will play and if they do, how effective will they
be?</font></span></div>

JJC7301
12-28-2011, 11:28 AM
What would happen if they wound up in a tie? Would the Giants win on tie-breakers? I only ask because neither of these teams seems to want to win the division. </P>

They are not great teams, of course, but both have the potential to beat anyone. Should be a shootout since neither defense appears to be that great. Some things going in the Giants favor are that the run game is finally playing better (not great, but better), and the defense has been a little better as well (hopefully not just a 1 game mirage against the Jets). </P>

This is such an evenly matched game.</P>

Buckeroo
12-28-2011, 11:32 AM
First off, I'm a realist Cowboys fan, not a blind homer. I enjoy when fans from other teams post on our forum, so I thought I would return the favor. QB's are equal. Both are playing great football this year. Eli has been on fire lately, even in the games the Giants lost, Eli has been on the money with his passes. His receivers drop perfect passes sometimes which is weird, especially when you see someone as good as Nicks drop them. Offense: Is very close with these 2 teams. Both have great WR's and decent RB's. Dallas has the better TE and more depth at WR. Our offensive line, while not great, is a little better than the Giants. I give Dallas a slight advantage on overall offense. Defense: Our secondary is shameful bad. There isn't anything we can do about it at this point either. The players are just terrible and need to go. We can't make them play better, they simply do not have what it takes. The Giants secondary is terrible right now too and will certainly get lit up on Sunday. Giants have a better defensive line. Only good players we have on the DL are Ware and Ratliff, and only Ware brings pressure to the QB. NY gets the edge here for sure. On paper the Giants have the edge Sunday. Home turf, tougher team mentally, more experienced coaching staff, beat us once already, etc. But these two teams are both schizophrenic. You never know what you are going to get week to week and the Giants have played terrible at home this year. Lost to Seattle, Washington, Philly(with VY at QB), had very close games with Miami and Buffalo. At the end of the day, these 2 teams both suck and need some serious revamping from coaching staff to players. Whoever wins, will probably win the first playoff game and get steam rolled in the 2nd one. I can't even pick a winner in this game. It could easily go either way. As a Cowboys fan, I'm just hoping the game is similar to last year when we played there.</P>

Its deffinitely a "pick um" game. Both teams lack consistency. The Giants homefield advantage is non existent this season so that wont be much of boost. Although it will be a playoff atmosphere so that may help them out.</P>

The Giants offense needs to have a good day running the ball. The passing game has been a bit off the last two weeks. So we'll see if they can get back in sync. I see Eli as a better then Romo. But thats just me being a fan. Romo certainly has the ability to light up the Gianst like he has in the past. Especially vs the Giants "WTF" secondary....lol. Romo can and will get hammered by the JPP. Maybe two or three sacks and many pressure from the Giants D. </P>

All in all it will be a crazy game and Eli will probably throw he pick early. Just hope it doesnt result in 7. Romo has been good with protecting the ball. He will more likely fumble on a sack then throw a pick. Ware and the Dallas D will get to Eli a few times no doubt.</P>

Very even game overall though...</P>

</P>

Buckeroo
12-28-2011, 11:32 AM
What would happen if they wound up in a tie? Would the Giants win on tie-breakers? I only ask because neither of these teams seems to want to win the division. </P>

They are not great teams, of course, but both have the potential to beat anyone. Should be a shootout since neither defense appears to be that great. Some things going in the Giants favor are that the run game is finally playing better (not great, but better), and the defense has been a little better as well (hopefully not just a 1 game mirage against the Jets). </P>

This is such an evenly matched game.</P>

</P>

Giants win the div with a tie as well. </P>

ufcrules1
12-28-2011, 11:33 AM

Ballard seems to be pretty reliable. He's made some big time catches. Certainly an upgrade over Kevin Boss, maybe even Shockey since there's no attitude.

If you include Witten, THEN I'd give the edge to Dallas in receiving. The 3 WRs in Dallas are certainly more balanced in production, but I'm not sure they're overall better. I'd give Nicks the edge over Bryant right now. Cruz over Austin (although it's slight and very temporary). But Robinson over Manningham by a lot.

I made a mistake on Ballard, he is solid, I was thinking of your 4th string WR behind Manningham. I can't remember his name. Ballard is doubtful for this game though. Manningham probably will play though.

I would say right this second that Nicks is better than Dez, Austin and Cruz are even, only because Austin is just starting to get back in the groove and Cruz is hot. and Robinson over Manningham. Then you throw in Witten compared with your backup TE. Dallas certainly has the advantage in the receiving corps.

ufcrules1
12-28-2011, 11:39 AM

Its deffinitely a "pick um" game. Both teams lack consistency. The Giants homefield advantage is non existent this season so that wont be much of boost. Although it will be a playoff atmosphere so that may help them out.</P>

The Giants offense needs to have a good day running the ball. The passing game has been a bit off the last two weeks. So we'll see if they can get back in sync. I see Eli as a better then Romo. But thats just me being a fan. Romo certainly has the ability to light up the Gianst like he has in the past. Especially vs the Giants "WTF" secondary....lol. Romo can and will get hammered by the JPP. Maybe two or three sacks and many pressure from the Giants D. </P>

All in all it will be a crazy game and Eli will probably throw he pick early. Just hope it doesnt result in 7. Romo has been good with protecting the ball. He will more likely fumble on a sack then throw a pick. Ware and the Dallas D will get to Eli a few times no doubt.</P>

Very even game overall though...</P>

*</P>

Yeah, the Cowboys were close to Eli several times in the last game and Eli somehow managed to get the ball off and right on the money even though he was running for his life. He also got lucky that Newman didn't have a pick 6. Luckily Newman is the worst CB in the league and can't catch!

Romo has been playing great ball lately but he is ALWAYS capable of turning into Brett Favre (The one that threw all the picks) at any given time.

The Giants running game doesn't scare me, even though they did good last time. I'm more concerned with the passing and our secondary. Eli threw for 400 yards last time. That is what we have to stop. I see us bringing more pressure this game with so much on the line.

I see this as a very even game too. It will be who wills their way more. It could come down to turnovers as well.

NYSPORTS
12-28-2011, 11:40 AM
First off, I'm a realist Cowboys fan, not a blind homer. I enjoy when fans from other teams post on our forum, so I thought I would return the favor.

QB's are equal. Both are playing great football this year. Eli has been on fire lately, even in the games the Giants lost, Eli has been on the money with his passes. His receivers drop perfect passes sometimes which is weird, especially when you see someone as good as Nicks drop them.

Offense: Is very close with these 2 teams. Both have great WR's and decent RB's. Dallas has the better TE and more depth at WR. Our offensive line, while not great, is a little better than the Giants. I give Dallas a slight advantage on overall offense.

Defense: Our secondary is shameful bad. There isn't anything we can do about it at this point either. The players are just terrible and need to go. We can't make them play better, they simply do not have what it takes. The Giants secondary is terrible right now too and will certainly get lit up on Sunday. Giants have a better defensive line. Only good players we have on the DL are Ware and Ratliff, and only Ware brings pressure to the QB. NY gets the edge here for sure.

On paper the Giants have the edge Sunday. Home turf, tougher team mentally, more experienced coaching staff, beat us once already, etc. But these two teams are both schizophrenic. You never know what you are going to get week to week and the Giants have played terrible at home this year. Lost to Seattle, Washington, Philly(with VY at QB), had very close games with Miami and Buffalo.

At the end of the day, these 2 teams both suck and need some serious revamping from coaching staff to players. Whoever wins, will probably win the first playoff game and get steam rolled in the 2nd one.

I can't even pick a winner in this game. It could easily go either way. As a Cowboys fan, I'm just hoping the game is similar to last year when we played there.

Honestly, I think both teams stink with all these injuries.

The game could go either way and winner not only gets the prize of likely getting annihilated in the playoffs but get the Packers and 49ers on the schedule next season in addition Pitt, Baltimore, Cincy, New Orleans, Atlanta, etc.

Buckeroo
12-28-2011, 11:40 AM

Yes, I completely agree. JG has been learning as he goes and has lost 3 games for us with poor coaching/ clock management. It's very frustrating to say the least. With that said he has drafted some really good players and cut some bad ones. We have about 15 players we need to badly cut on this team. So there are going to be a lot of changes coming. The edge with regards to coaching certainly goes to the Giants. TC is a little crazy but I like how he is a no BS coach. You don't show up for practice on time, or to watch film, etc. You get benched. He doesn't care who you are. I really like that. With regards to WR depth, I think we have the advantage. Dez, Austin, and Robinson are all beasts. Robinson has come out of nowhere and has been our best WR this year, and that is saying a lot. Manningham and Ballard both have questionable hands and cannot completely be counted on. Robinson, Dez, and Robinson can. Also, we have Ogletree and Holley who can fill in at any time as well.

I made a mistake on Ballard, he is solid, I was thinking of your 4th string WR behind Manningham. I can't remember his name. Ballard is doubtful for this game though. Manningham probably will play though. I would say right this second that Nicks is better than Dez, Austin and Cruz are even, only because Austin is just starting to get back in the groove and Cruz is hot. and Robinson over Manningham. Then you throw in Witten compared with your backup TE. Dallas certainly has the advantage in the receiving corps.</P>

the biggest advantage to each teams receiving core is all dependent on how the QBs perform. </P>

Eli has been "off" a bit and Romo has lit up the Giants before as has Eli. It come down to that. Just like last game. The key is the performance of the each team's QB....</P>

krygny
12-28-2011, 11:45 AM

QB's are equal. ...
Eli &gt; Romo

I don't know how Cowboys fans feel, but I doubt there's a Giants fan in existence that would trade Eli straight up for Romo. And that includes the haters.

Ntegrase96
12-28-2011, 11:48 AM

I made a mistake on Ballard, he is solid, I was thinking of your 4th string WR behind Manningham. I can't remember his name. Ballard is doubtful for this game though. Manningham probably will play though.

I would say right this second that Nicks is better than Dez, Austin and Cruz are even, only because Austin is just starting to get back in the groove and Cruz is hot. and Robinson over Manningham. Then you throw in Witten compared with your backup TE. Dallas certainly has the advantage in the receiving corps.

Cowboys fan. I do not support the Giants unless they're playing the Eagles or Skins.

[B]

ufcrules1
12-28-2011, 11:52 AM

Honestly, I think both teams stink with all these injuries.

The game could go either way and winner not only gets the prize of likely getting annihilated in the playoffs but get the Packers and 49ers on the schedule next season in addition Pitt, Baltimore, Cincy, New Orleans, Atlanta, etc.

Yeah, exactly. Although, I'm a season ticket holder, so the Packers coming to Dallas is a good thing of if I decide to sell my tickets. Although, unless our secondary is fixed.. they will murder us.

If we lose, we get the Seahawks or Arizona on the road instead of San Fran and we will get the Bears at home instead of the Packers.

Winner gets a higher pick in the draft and a tougher schedule. They are also all but guaranteed to get steam rolled in the playoffs.

With that said, I still want the Cowboys to win, but the opposite isn't the end of the world.

TroyArcher
12-28-2011, 11:53 AM
The Giants secondary played better last week but I am not convinced they will do it again. Webster and Phillips are better than any d-backs on the Cowboys. If Tuck plays like he did last week Romo will get hit often, we will see how hurt his hand really is. He is a tough guy though. I think it will come down to who has the ball last. Eli has been great this year in the 4th quarter and although Romo has had a very good year he hasn't played as well as Eli in the 4th quarter. Edge Giants but no guarantees. </P>

Roosevelt
12-28-2011, 11:54 AM

QB's are equal. ...
Eli &gt; Romo

I don't know how Cowboys fans feel, but I doubt there's a Giants fan in existence that would trade Eli straight up for Romo. And that includes the haters.

In fairness, Romo had been playing great, and the guy proved he's one tough SOB.

I'd still take Eli, but it is pretty close right now.

Ntegrase96
12-28-2011, 11:56 AM

QB's are equal. ...
Eli &gt; Romo

I said it in another thread not too long ago, but I'll try to keep it short here.

I've always had to consider Manning the better of the two since he'd helped his team win a superbowl. But it wasn't until this year that I actually felt like he was the better quarterback. He was playing lights out and doing things that he hadn't done in his career before, while Romo had two late game collapses that should have been victories.

But then, Eli Manning of old started to rear his ugly head and reminded me that he, too, is prone to making mistakes and can be as bipolar as Romo. The difference is that his struggles aren't as publicized as Romo's, and his bad games aren't 'news'.

29 tds 9 ints 3,895 yards 65.4% completion ratio 2 fumbles, 4 4th Q comebacks/GWD 8-7 record
26 tds 16 ints 4,587 yards 60% completion ratio 4 fumbles, 6 4th Q comebacks/GWD 8-7 record

Who's having the better year?

To me, it's back to being a toss up but you have to keep in mind that Eli Manning has the ring. But contrary to that is the fact that he's gotten dratically better every year since the superbowl, but has a one and done and two straight years without a playoff appearance to show for it.

Redeyejedi
12-28-2011, 11:56 AM
The offenses of the teams are very similar. I think the Giants have a lot more talent on defense when healthy but there not.

ufcrules1
12-28-2011, 11:57 AM
Most Cowboys fans feel that Romo is better than Eli. I think they are very close but I do give the edge to Eli. He throws a much nicer ball and doesn't have many EPIC meltdowns. Plus he has won a superbowl.

Just curious what you all think of Eli not ever visiting Plaxico in prison? No letters, no in person visits, no nothing. I thought these 2 guys were somewhat close back in the day?

scf424
12-28-2011, 11:59 AM

QB's are equal. ...
Eli > Romo

I said it in another thread not too long ago, but I'll try to keep it short here.

I've always had to consider Manning the better of the two since he'd helped his team win a superbowl. But it wasn't until this year that I actually felt like he was the better quarterback. He was playing lights out and doing things that he hadn't done in his career before, while Romo had two late game collapses that should have been victories.

But then, Eli Manning of old started to rear his ugly head and reminded me that he, too, is prone to making mistakes and can be as bipolar as Romo. The difference is that his struggles aren't as publicized as Romo's, and his bad games aren't 'news'.

29 tds 9 ints 3,895 yards 65.4% completion ratio 2 fumbles, 4 4th Q comebacks/GWD* 8-7 record
26 tds 16 ints 4,587 yards 60% completion ratio 4 fumbles,* 6 4th Q comebacks/GWD 8-7 record

To me, it's back to being a toss up but you have to keep in mind that Eli Manning has the ring. But contrary to that is the fact that he's gotten dratically better every year since the superbowl, but has a one and done and two straight years without a playoff appearance to show for it.

Let's be fair, Eli's had like 40 dropped touchdowns this season from Nicks alone.

ufcrules1
12-28-2011, 12:00 PM

QB's are equal. ...
Eli > Romo

29 tds 9 ints 3,895 yards 65.4% completion ratio 2 fumbles, 4 4th Q comebacks/GWD* 8-7 record
26 tds 16 ints 4,587 yards 60% completion ratio 4 fumbles,* 6 4th Q comebacks/GWD 8-7 record

High five fellow Cowboys fan! This year the stats favor Romo, but you know what they say about stats? They are like Bikinis, they reveal a lot, but what they hide is crucial.

Romo lost the Jets game and Lions game for us this year. If those were wins like they should have been, we would have the division wrapped up. Romo also didn't do squat against the Cardinals either.

Buckeroo
12-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Most Cowboys fans feel that Romo is better than Eli. I think they are very close but I do give the edge to Eli. He throws a much nicer ball and doesn't have many EPIC meltdowns. Plus he has won a superbowl. Just curious what you all think of Eli not ever visiting Plaxico in prison? No letters, no in person visits, no nothing. I thought these 2 guys were somewhat close back in the day?</P>

They are even enough where the fans of their respective teams will opt for their QB...</P>

As far as Eli and Plax....they weren't buddies when he was on the team. They were QB nad WR and thats it. </P>

It would have looked better for Eli if he had contact with Plax. But maybe Eli was sending a message too..... "Plax....you dope....you just disgraced the NYG org". </P>

There were many other players who didnt contact Plax either......</P>

Buckeroo
12-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Most Cowboys fans feel that Romo is better than Eli. I think they are very close but I do give the edge to Eli. He throws a much nicer ball and doesn't have many EPIC meltdowns. Plus he has won a superbowl. Just curious what you all think of Eli not ever visiting Plaxico in prison? No letters, no in person visits, no nothing. I thought these 2 guys were somewhat close back in the day?</P>

They are even enough where the fans of their respective teams will opt for their QB...</P>

As far as Eli and Plax....they weren't buddies when he was on the team. They were QB nad WR and thats it. </P>

It would have looked better for Eli if he had contact with Plax. But maybe Eli was sending a message too..... "Plax....you dope....you just disgraced the NYG org". </P>

There were many other players who didnt contact Plax either......</P>

Ruttiger711
12-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Most Cowboys fans feel that Romo is better than Eli. I think they are very close but I do give the edge to Eli. He throws a much nicer ball and doesn't have many EPIC meltdowns. Plus he has won a superbowl.

Just curious what you all think of Eli not ever visiting Plaxico in prison? No letters, no in person visits, no nothing. I thought these 2 guys were somewhat close back in the day?

No nothing? I'm not so sure about that being fact.... but some here think Eli OWED Plax a visit in jail... personally I'm more of the opinion that Plax owed it to himself, Eli, the team and the entire fanbase not to shoot himself in the damn leg. Its not like he was in a car accident... he was not a victim of anything, although Plax probably still doesn't see it that way.

Ntegrase96
12-28-2011, 12:04 PM
The Giants secondary played better last week but I am not convinced they will do it again. Webster and Phillips are better than any d-backs on the Cowboys. If Tuck plays like he did last week Romo will get hit often, we will see how hurt his hand really is. He is a tough guy though. I think it will come down to who has the ball last. Eli has been great this year in the 4th quarter and although Romo has had a very good year he hasn't played as well as Eli in the 4th quarter. Edge Giants but no guarantees. </p>

I dunno. Jenkins and Webster are very similar career wise. They've had outstanding seasons but the years when they were expected to play lights out they didn't play up to standard. KP hasn't been that great or the same since his ACL injury.

Both secondaries are atrocious but can have their good games against AFCE teams.

Ntegrase96
12-28-2011, 12:09 PM

QB's are equal. ...
Eli &gt; Romo

29 tds 9 ints 3,895 yards 65.4% completion ratio 2 fumbles, 4 4th Q comebacks/GWD 8-7 record
26 tds 16 ints 4,587 yards 60% completion ratio 4 fumbles, 6 4th Q comebacks/GWD 8-7 record

High five fellow Cowboys fan! This year the stats favor Romo, but you know what they say about stats? They are like Bikinis, they reveal a lot, but what they hide is crucial.

Romo lost the Jets game and Lions game for us this year. If those were wins like they should have been, we would have the division wrapped up. Romo also didn't do squat against the Cardinals either.

The only difference between the Jets/Lions for Romo and the 49ers/Packers for Eli is that Romo's mistakes came late in the game. When mistakes aren't vindicated, does it really matter when they happen?

Against the Cardinals he wasn't very sharp, but I gave the Cardinals defense a lot of credit for that game. They truly played lights out. But in the end, Romo put the Cowboys into FG position to win the game by converting a 3rd and 13 after his offensive line pushed him back several times with dumb penalties.

Ntegrase96
12-28-2011, 12:09 PM

QB's are equal. ...
Eli &gt; Romo

The only difference between the Jets/Lions for Romo and the 49ers/Packers for Eli is that Romo's mistakes came late in the game. When mistakes aren't vindicated, does it really matter when they happen?

Against the Cardinals he wasn't very sharp, but I gave the Cardinals defense a lot of credit for that game. They truly played lights out. But in the end, Romo put the Cowboys into FG position to win the game by converting a 3rd and 13 after his offensive line pushed him back several times with dumb penalties.

bronxvgiant
12-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Ill give it to Romo,Hes greatly improved with a qb rating over 100,I think Eli is a/b a 90.But when it comes to mental toughness and poise Elis got the edge.Romo makes too many dumb mistakes,like that pass to Austin he missed.He over threw the guy in the final minutes of a must win game.

Ntegrase96
12-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Ill give it to Romo,Hes greatly improved with a qb rating over 100,I think Eli is a/b a 90.But when it comes to mental toughness and poise Elis got the edge.Romo makes too many dumb mistakes,like that pass to Austin he missed.He over threw the guy in the final minutes of a must win game.

Austin 'lost it in the lights'.

The only thing I blame romo for was going with his first read to Austin. Every Cowboys receiver (Austin, Witten, Brant, and Robinson) were open on that play with about 20 yards of space in front of them. Ball had to come out quick, though I suppose.

Edit: but you're right. Since late 07, Eli has tone his dumb mistakes down while Romo's are still too frequent for my liking.

rebelfan1966
12-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Eli is quietly turning into one of NY's best franchise QBs of all time. He goes about breaking records and does not boast about it, nor does he even seem to want to talk about it, in the press.

I think he lets the fans and talking heads on TV do all the talking..... he just goes about his business of trying to win football games.

Not knocking Romo, but you would never hear of Eli jetting off to Cabo with Jessica Simpson a week before a big game.

Just to be fair to Romo, I read where the guy stopped in the rain to help an elderly couple change a flat tire one night after a game. I respect that.

Ntegrase96
12-28-2011, 12:47 PM

QB's are equal. ...
Eli &gt; Romo

Let's be fair, Eli's had like 40 dropped touchdowns this season from Nicks alone.

hahahahaha. How does that happen?

rebelfan1966
12-28-2011, 12:49 PM

QB's are equal. ...
Eli > Romo

hahahahaha. How does that happen?

Actually, the scf424 exaggerates a little... it was only 39 dropped TD passes. : )

Sarcasman
12-28-2011, 01:33 PM

I think it's a push.

Also passer rating is about as relevant to quality QB play as shoe size.

So, let's settle this once and for all. Anyone know what size shoes they wear?

jjj45
12-28-2011, 01:38 PM
but you know what they say about stats? They are like Bikinis, they reveal a lot, but what they hide is crucial.Wow, that might be one of the best analogies that I have ever heard. Even coming from a cowboy fan.

About your comment whether eaither team would get "steamrolled" in the playoffs, i think thats hogwash.

besides the saints debacle, we've played well against elite competition. We basically won the GB game had the refs tried not to ensure a perfect season. We stack up well against most of the teams in the playoffs, so I'm starting to think that if we get in, well make some noise. Also, even dallas played well against the pats.

jjj45
12-28-2011, 01:46 PM
The Giants secondary played better last week but I am not convinced they will do it again. Webster and Phillips are better than any d-backs on the Cowboys. If Tuck plays like he did last week Romo will get hit often, we will see how hurt his hand really is. He is a tough guy though. I think it will come down to who has the ball last. Eli has been great this year in the 4th quarter and although Romo has had a very good year he hasn't played as well as Eli in the 4th quarter. Edge Giants but no guarantees. </p>

I dunno. Jenkins and Webster are very similar career wise. They've had outstanding seasons but the years when they were expected to play lights out they didn't play up to standard. KP hasn't been that great or the same since his ACL injury.

Wrong. KP has been one of the best high safety's in the league. Plus he didnt even play in the last Dallas game. Having him back there is a huge advantage at taking away the deep ball. And we all know he's done well against Romo ;)

bklyn1028
12-28-2011, 01:58 PM
I don't know why we allow a cowboys fan on here, he should be banned....JUST KIDDING. I welcome all fans, as long as they're intelligent, and not like us...lol.
My opinion:
Eli is the better QB in the clutch..now hang on, I'm only going by past history. I think and always thought Romo is an excellent QB. He moves out of the pocket well, and throws on the run like the pro he is.
His performance with broken ribs impressed me. Then again Eli's performance in 07 when he injured his shoulder in game 3 I think and was told he would be out for 5-6 weeks impressed me more. That kid is tough.
This game will come down to whoever has a bad game is out. They are evenly matched. The one thing the jints have in favor is Coughlin is a more experienced game manager than Garrett.

Hey, anyone see "Warrior"...great movie!

Ntegrase96
12-28-2011, 02:03 PM
but you know what they say about stats? They are like Bikinis, they reveal a lot, but what they hide is crucial.Wow, that might be one of the best analogies that I have ever heard. Even coming from a cowboy fan.

About your comment whether eaither team would get "steamrolled" in the playoffs, i think thats hogwash.

besides the saints debacle, we've played well against elite competition. We basically won the GB game had the refs tried not to ensure a perfect season. We stack up well against most of the teams in the playoffs, so I'm starting to think that if we get in, well make some noise. Also, even dallas played well against the pats.

I agree with you there. The NFC is supposed to be the tougher road, but I just don't see it being that dominating. The Saints are probably the team that could dismantle both the Giants and Cowboys rather easily, but they're average on the road and will probably have to face the 9ers at candlestick. I'm not too sure they can win that game.

Rudyy
12-28-2011, 02:04 PM
I actually don't have a problem with Tony Romo. I think he's a very good quarterback. He has his off games just like Eli. However, I would take Eli over Tony because Eli just has this confidence about himself and I can trust him more.

burier
12-28-2011, 02:07 PM

I respect your effort but the fact that you call Romo and Eli equals shows that you are indeed a homer.

Romo has nice talent but is a choke waiting to happen while Eli lives for high pressure clutch moments to cut his teeth on.

Romo is the Anti-Manning.

I think you're selling your offense as a whole short. You have the better tight end? Let be specific: Your tight end is a mainstay year in year out probowler and your second TE is a Blue Chip draft choice.

Our TE is a undrafted free agent in his second year that no even knew existed before this year.

I'd take our WRs over yours but its close

I agree your offensive line is better.

I give the Giants a slight advantage on offense but only because there's a drastic desparity in our favor at the QB position.

Our secondarys are both bad but ours seems to be on the upswing. That's mainly because our pass rush is on the upswing. You guys will score your points but I'd don't see Romo lighting anything up.

We can't really block Ware but Eli doesn't take alot of sacks so...On the other hand Romo is going down and goind down alot in the game. I'm gonna guess 6 times or more.

I don't think the Giants really have any advantage from a paper perspective. I still think alot of people feel Romo is better than Eli.

Also the Giants could decide they don't want to play in the playoffs and not show up. Also We actually play worse at home.

I don't know whos gonna win. Part of me wishes we lost the first game because its just hard to predict a sweep.

But I'm pullin hard..We'll see what happens.

Ntegrase96
12-28-2011, 02:24 PM
I respect your effort but the fact that you call Romo and Eli equals shows that you are indeed a homer.

Romo has nice talent but is a choke waiting to happen while Eli lives for high pressure clutch moments to cut his teeth on.

Romo is the Anti-Manning

Romo IS the Anti Manning. I agree. Manning is cool and calm when he has to play from behind this year, as he has been most years, while Romo had two boneheaded games this year that I can immediately recall.

That said, this year Eli has a QB rating of 73 when ahead and 72 when tied. So what's the deal? Is it Gilbride? Is Eli just better in the 2 minute drill?

Being captain comeback is very admirable and I wish Romo was more clutch like Eli, but that's not enough to hang your hat on. All things being equal, the two differences in tendencies have both teams at 8-7 and playing for the division crown this weekend.

burier
12-28-2011, 03:08 PM

Romo is the Anti-Manning

Romo IS the Anti Manning. I agree. Manning is cool and calm when he has to play from behind this year, as he has been most years, while Romo had two boneheaded games this year that I can immediately recall.

That said, this year Eli has a QB rating of 73 when ahead and 72 when tied. So what's the deal? Is it Gilbride? Is Eli just better in the 2 minute drill?

Being captain comeback is very admirable and I wish Romo was more clutch like Eli, but that's not enough to hang your hat on. All things being equal, the two differences in tendencies have both teams at 8-7 and playing for the division crown this weekend.

without question the teams are evenly matched and this game can go either way.

I don't know why Eli seems to play better from behind. I'd like to blame Gilbride but I just don't know.

This season I'd say that we've had a little so very rarely that maybe everyone teneses up a little and then losen up when we're behind if that even makes sense.

I do think all things considered he's a better player than Romo. But Romo is good...maybe not the guy I want with 2 minutes left in the game but good in his own right.

What I want to know is What would Eli's passer rating look like if he could toss it Jason Whitten.

mike kennedy
12-28-2011, 10:21 PM
our teams are bi-polar

any current update on Romo's hand?</p>

</p>

LOVE IT!
</p>

GiantWarfare
12-28-2011, 10:32 PM
I actually don't have a problem with Tony Romo. I think he's a very good quarterback. He has his off games just like Eli. However, I would take Eli over Tony because Eli just has this confidence about himself and I can trust him more.

this

but I'd add "alot" in between "him" and "more"

GiantWarfare
12-28-2011, 10:34 PM

Not gonna lie, that is a sick analogy...lol

G-Men Surg.
12-28-2011, 10:55 PM

And I don't think at this moment Dallas Oline is better or playing better than the Giants Oline . That been said anything can happen sunday night and honestly IMO analysis aside it will come down to intensity and who wants it more . Period .

Weygand
12-29-2011, 12:42 AM
I'm expecting an entertaining game between two rivals. A couple of my buddies are Cowboy fans and we've been chirping back and forth.

Enjoy the game and may the least crappiest team win!

NYfanatic
12-29-2011, 12:52 AM
I post on one of the boys forums.
I am GiantsRule
But good to see when we can actually be civil with each other unlike the eagle and jet fans that post here.

G-Men Surg.
12-29-2011, 12:57 AM
I am GiantsRule
But good to see when we can actually be civil with each other unlike the eagle and jet fans that post here.

LOL! Your sig rocks !!!

NYfanatic
12-29-2011, 01:31 AM
I am GiantsRule

LOL! Your sig rocks !!!
The romo one? I just changed it... Thought I would be a bit more classy and so I just quickly made a JPP one. If you want it CLICK HERE (http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&amp;hl=en&amp;client=firefox-a&amp;sa=N&amp;rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&amp;biw=1280&amp;bih=707&amp;tbm=isch&amp;tbnid=fwRcbe kM4KErxM:&amp;imgrefurl=http://thelandryhat.com/2011/10/04/pic-of-the-day-tony-romo-the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world/&amp;docid=ujngKuvSxWR1pM&amp;imgurl=http://thelandryhat.com/files/2011/10/TonyRomoInterestingMan.jpg&amp;w=574&amp;h=720&amp;ei=Efv7Tv_Y Eqrl0QHelIWxAg&amp;zoom=1&amp;iact=hc&amp;vpx=187&amp;vpy=145&amp;dur= 337&amp;hovh=148&amp;hovw=118&amp;tx=116&amp;ty=91&amp;sig=10926228050 0517403847&amp;page=1&amp;tbnh=148&amp;tbnw=118&amp;start=0&amp;ndsp=1 6&amp;ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0)

harrycarson
12-29-2011, 02:00 AM
Nice to see some objective professionalism going on here from Cowboys fans and GMen fans. However this game has too much emotion for me and I certianly need help when it comes to emotion and my bleoved Gmen. So, I say to the Cowboy fan whom wants to come onto our site and shoot the brees, it sounds as tho you are trying to downplay how much trouble you and the league are about to be in. I think you really know and are scared like that Cowboys fan on You-Tube bout to Cry after we beat you in Dallas. You and everyone knows we are coming together right now and lets face it, between you and the media whom are trying to pump this game up, the Gmen are going to demolish Dallas Sunday night pretty bad and as far as the 2nd round get rolled?? No way we get rolled by anyone in the 2nd round anywhere anytime. Not saying we are going to the SB for sure but I think we have a great chance as I like what I am seeing from the defense and Osi is coming back which we all know only helps. With Manningham coming back and Ballard in the playoffs, with the running game starting to come together============is all spells trouble for the NFL as we aare starting to look eerily similar to the 2007 team, and at the right time....LOOK OUT COWGIRLS, BOUT TO GET ROCKED!!!!!!!!!ROMO BETTER LISTEN TO THE DOCTOR MORE INSTEAD OF THE COACHES AND OWNERSHIP PUSHING HIM INTO THIS GAME!!! OTHERWISE HE IS GOING TO LOOK LIKE A FOOL ON NATIONAL TV AND AGAIN IT WILL ALL BE HIS FAULT!!!!!! GMEN ARE DANGEROUS RIGHT NOW!!!!

Ntegrase96
12-29-2011, 02:09 AM
Nice to see some objective professionalism going on here from Cowboys fans and GMen fans. However this game has too much emotion for me and I certianly need help when it comes to emotion and my bleoved Gmen. So, I say to the Cowboy fan whom wants to come onto our site and shoot the brees, it sounds as tho you are trying to downplay how much trouble you and the league are about to be in. I think you really know and are scared like that Cowboys fan on You-Tube bout to Cry after we beat you in Dallas. You and everyone knows we are coming together right now and lets face it, between you and the media whom are trying to pump this game up, the Gmen are going to demolish Dallas Sunday night pretty bad and as far as the 2nd round get rolled?? No way we get rolled by anyone in the 2nd round anywhere anytime. Not saying we are going to the SB for sure but I think we have a great chance as I like what I am seeing from the defense and Osi is coming back which we all know only helps. With Manningham coming back and Ballard in the playoffs, with the running game starting to come together============is all spells trouble for the NFL as we aare starting to look eerily similar to the 2007 team, and at the right time....LOOK OUT COWGIRLS, BOUT TO GET ROCKED!!!!!!!!!ROMO BETTER LISTEN TO THE DOCTOR MORE INSTEAD OF THE COACHES AND OWNERSHIP PUSHING HIM INTO THIS GAME!!! OTHERWISE HE IS GOING TO LOOK LIKE A FOOL ON NATIONAL TV AND AGAIN IT WILL ALL BE HIS FAULT!!!!!! GMEN ARE DANGEROUS RIGHT NOW!!!!

Not saying I have a lot of confidence in the Cowboys, but what makes you think the Defense is coming together for the Giants? Mark Sanchez' ineptness?

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-29-2011, 02:42 AM

Not saying I have a lot of confidence in the Cowboys, but what makes you think the Defense is coming together for the Giants? Mark Sanchez' ineptness?

teams with less talented QB's have tore this D apart. So yes, while Sanchez isn't Brady, I will take a game like that anyday.

Actually, lets take sanchez out the equation. the jets have a SOLID oline, above average with 2 probowlers at LT and C, and we got to sanchez a number of times. so besides the DB's taking the WR's out, it was a great revival by the DL. Thats what makes us think the defense is coming together.

Ntegrase96
12-29-2011, 03:01 AM

teams with less talented QB's have tore this D apart. So yes, while Sanchez isn't Brady, I will take a game like that anyday.

Actually, lets take sanchez out the equation. the jets have a SOLID oline, above average with 2 probowlers at LT and C, and we got to sanchez a number of times. so besides the DB's taking the WR's out, it was a great revival by the DL. Thats what makes us think the defense is coming together.

Are there QBs worst then Mark Sanchez?? Maybe Tebow, but he finds different ways to win.

Solid reasoning though. JPP gave D'brickishaw all he could handle and more. Mangold is also good, but I don't recall him getting beat a lot, but to be fair I was busy helping around the house off and on for a good portion of the 2nd half.

BurnerNYG
12-29-2011, 03:19 AM
My mother always said, "if you don't have nothing nice to say, don't say nothing at all". So on that note, I'll keep my opinion of the Cowboys to myself.

The_Number_9
12-29-2011, 04:57 AM
Cowboys fan here as well.

How are you guys? Hoping for a good classic game with no major injuries that will lead onto next year(for both teams). Hope you had a great holiday season.

Anyways, what are your thoughts about both team's playoff chances? I'm one of the few who actually believe that the winner of this game will make a run in the postseason to at least the NFC championship. I really don't think either team is bad. I think both have the capability of winning in the postseason. I've been saying it in the other forums: it will be harder to get in the post season this year than actually compete in it. I really feel that both teams are capable of beating San Fran, NO, Detroit, and Atlanta. Green Bay? Well, we'll see lol.

What do you think?

NJ10
12-29-2011, 09:40 AM

Dont forget Osi, and now that Tuck is finally healthy. Romo is going to have fun dealing with a fresh Osi, Tuck and JPP in his face all night.

chasjay
12-29-2011, 09:57 AM

How are you guys? Hoping for a good classic game with no major injuries that will lead onto next year(for both teams). Hope you had a great holiday season.

Anyways, what are your thoughts about both team's playoff chances? I'm one of the few who actually believe that the winner of this game will make a run in the postseason to at least the NFC championship. I really don't think either team is bad. I think both have the capability of winning in the postseason. I've been saying it in the other forums: it will be harder to get in the post season this year than actually compete in it. I really feel that both teams are capable of beating San Fran, NO, Detroit, and Atlanta. Green Bay? Well, we'll see lol.

What do you think?

Obviously, I hope the Cowboys are out of the equation before midnight, January 1. But I see the winner (Giants of course) hosting Detroit in the Wild-Card Round - I do think either team would take out the Lions. I expect Atlanta to face N.O. in the other Wild-Card game, and I give Atlanta a decent shot at taking the third meeting of the season from the Saints. If those two things happened, the East champs would play the 49ers for the right to go to the NFC Championship, and I'd give either team a good chance at beating SF.

I realize those are a lot of if's, but the whole playoff world is a bunch of if's until the games begin.

In short, I'd give the winner of the NFC East a real shot to play for the NFC title if Atlanta can beat the Saints. I don't give them too much of a chance if the Saints beat the Falcons in the Wild-Card round.

NJ10
12-29-2011, 11:00 AM

What do you think?

Obviously, I hope the Cowboys are out of the equation before midnight, January 1. But I see the winner (Giants of course) hosting Detroit in the Wild-Card Round - I do think either team would take out the Lions. I expect Atlanta to face N.O. in the other Wild-Card game, and I give Atlanta a decent shot at taking the third meeting of the season from the Saints. If those two things happened, the East champs would play the 49ers for the right to go to the NFC Championship, and I'd give either team a good chance at beating SF.

I realize those are a lot of if's, but the whole playoff world is a bunch of if's until the games begin.

In short, I'd give the winner of the NFC East a real shot to play for the NFC title if Atlanta can beat the Saints. I don't give them too much of a chance if the Saints beat the Falcons in the Wild-Card round.

Detroit has Zero playoff experience, and they are a dome team, they played like 11 game in a dome this year. Lets see them play in the meadowland in January and see how they do. I like our chances in that match up. Double Calvin all day they have no other weapons.

NJ10
12-29-2011, 11:00 AM

What do you think?

Detroit has Zero playoff experience, and they are a dome team, they played like 11 game in a dome this year. Lets see them play in the meadowland in January and see how they do. I like our chances in that match up. Double Calvin all day they have no other weapons.

GameTime
12-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Cowboys fan here as well. How are you guys? Hoping for a good classic game with no major injuries that will lead onto next year(for both teams). Hope you had a great holiday season. Anyways, what are your thoughts about both team's playoff chances? I'm one of the few who actually believe that the winner of this game will make a run in the postseason to at least the NFC championship. I really don't think either team is bad. I think both have the capability of winning in the postseason. I've been saying it in the other forums: it will be harder to get in the post season this year than actually compete in it. I really feel that both teams are capable of beating San Fran, NO, Detroit, and Atlanta. Green Bay? Well, we'll see lol. What do you think?

</P>

Dallas first or they wont have to worry about the Lions. </P>

But with that said I hope they have to game plan for the Lions coming to Giants Stadium....</P>

Sarcasman
12-29-2011, 11:56 AM

What do you think?

I think Atlanta, Detroit and SF are al very beatable in the post season. And while I believe the same about NO, I do not think that's true for the Giants. NO is just a bad matchup for the GIants and I do not see the Jints beating them. Ever.

However, I have my own concerns about simply getting there. The Giant offense was hot earlier this year and has since cooled off, while the Dallas offense was weak earlier in the year and since heated up.

I think all the back slapping and high fiving over the "rejuvenated" defense is crap. The defense isn't better, they just played a very crappy offense with a crappy offensive line last week.

Certainly it's my hope that the Cowboy line will also be accommodatingly and similarly crappy.

I don't think it's going to be a high scoring game either. And that worries me as well. The Giants are not built to win defensive struggles.

I think the Giants can win. I just think they'll need to p[ay well to do so and I haven't seen a whole lotta that out of them on the backstretch of the season.

Ntegrase96
12-29-2011, 01:41 PM

Dont forget Osi, and now that Tuck is finally healthy. Romo is going to have fun dealing with a fresh Osi, Tuck and JPP in his face all night.

Osi and JPP would be tough to deal with. I suspect that Witten and Bennett will line up on that side to help Free with JPP, and probably some audibles will direct runs toward Osi's way. At least that's how I would do things if I were Garrett, but I've never been one to expect smart moves from his playcalling.

I like my chances with Tyron Smith against Justin Tuck. He's no longer the most dangerous pass rusher on the team, although he's still tough. Tyron Smith is athletic and powerful enough to deal with Tuck although probably wouldn't shut him down like a Jason Peters though.... not yet at least.

Ntegrase96
12-29-2011, 01:47 PM

What do you think?

Dunno about the Falcons beating the Saints, but I doubt the winner of the NFCE would have to face both the Saints and Packers.

First off, the Falcons have a lot of talent that is hampered by Matt Ryan. Matt Ryan is too conservative and can't throw the deep ball well enough to utilize his targets Julio Jones, Roddy White, and Gonzo. Their defense isn't all that tough either. I know, third meeting between teams, but that means very little if the other two contests have been blowouts.

Meaning the Saints would most likely have to go to candlestick, and we've all witnessed how average the Saints can be away from the superdome against NFCW teams (the rams beat em this year, 7-9 seahawks last year). The Saints don't fair well against teams with strong pass rushers, tough defenses, and playing on grass. Their greatest assets, team speed and home crowd hype, take a hit outside of the super dome. I think the 9ers handle the Saints IN SF.

The road most likely to the superbowl for any NFCE team is probably DET, GB, then SF. At least that's my theory.

daynemustgo
12-29-2011, 01:49 PM

If I were a Cowboys fan, I would prefer this game in NY rather than in Dallas. For whatever reason, the Giants are awful at home.

BParcells777
12-29-2011, 02:46 PM

Honestly? You caught us at the wrong time........just waking up and healthy in time for the Playoffs......Romo will be un-mercifully battered and tortured. your RBs will be stuffed.
Hope your puunter is rested and healthy.

It will be a rout .........you have no shot........perhaps 1 in a 100

Can't wait to see Jerry's face at the end.........the end might actually be right after halftime

dinz
12-29-2011, 04:57 PM
the song goes.. it dont come easy..

chasjay
12-29-2011, 05:09 PM

What do you think?

Dunno about the Falcons beating the Saints, but I doubt the winner of the NFCE would have to face both the Saints and Packers.

First off, the Falcons have a lot of talent that is hampered by Matt Ryan. Matt Ryan is too conservative and can't throw the deep ball well enough to utilize his targets Julio Jones, Roddy White, and Gonzo. Their defense isn't all that tough either. I know, third meeting between teams, but that means very little if the other two contests have been blowouts.

Meaning the Saints would most likely have to go to candlestick, and we've all witnessed how average the Saints can be away from the superdome against NFCW teams (the rams beat em this year, 7-9 seahawks last year). The Saints don't fair well against teams with strong pass rushers, tough defenses, and playing on grass. Their greatest assets, team speed and home crowd hype, take a hit outside of the super dome. I think the 9ers handle the Saints IN SF.

The road most likely to the superbowl for any NFCE team is probably DET, GB, then SF. At least that's my theory.

I agree that is the most likely road, since the Saints would be at home against the Falcons. But both of their other games weren't blowouts. The Saints won by 3 at Atlanta in OT - after the Falcons whiffed on a 4th and 1 inside their own 40 - it may have been inside their own 35.

Besides, can't a fellow dream a little? [:D]

joeybagadonutz23
12-29-2011, 05:23 PM
I can't go along with Romo = Eli.

Eli is better hands down. Not by a massive margin, but he's better. Game on the line who do I want on my team? Eli all day, all night, all week, all month, and so on. Romo tends to choke. Eli doesn't really know how to.

The rest of your points I can go with. Thanks for not being a D-bag, but I hope your team chokes again!

The_Number_9
12-29-2011, 07:04 PM
One thing I've noticed about Giants fans is that they are incapable of giving Tony any type of credit. I'm a Dallas fan, and I think Eli is an elite qb just like I think Tony is. Giants fans just seem to think Romo is the second image of Rex Grossman or something.

Not saying Romo is better....just an observation.

Sundown
12-29-2011, 07:36 PM
One thing I've noticed about Giants fans is that they are incapable of giving Tony any type of credit. I'm a Dallas fan, and I think Eli is an elite qb just like I think Tony is. Giants fans just seem to think Romo is the second image of Rex Grossman or something.

You're right I don't think Romo is elite. Good QB though but I wouldn't take him.

jomo
12-29-2011, 07:40 PM
One thing I've noticed about Giants fans is that they are incapable of giving Tony any type of credit. I'm a Dallas fan, and I think Eli is an elite qb just like I think Tony is. Giants fans just seem to think Romo is the second image of Rex Grossman or something. Not saying Romo is better....just an observation. You're right I don't think Romo is elite. Good QB though but I wouldn't take him.He is a great fantasy quarterback, piles up statistics. He seems to have small hands that lose their grip on the ball at the most inopportune moments.He throws more than his share of "whirlybirds" and has laid more than a few eggs inbig games.He also seems to have a bit of thetunnel vision, kinda like Favre without the gun. He is good enough to beat us but not elite imo. I'd put him around #10 in the league. For me, "elite" is reserved for the top 5.

gumby742
12-29-2011, 08:16 PM
NFC East. Battle of the least ****ty teams.

scf424
12-29-2011, 08:40 PM

Its because he's Dallas' QB.

Any other team (outside Was/Phi), I'd love Romo. The dude is a good guy, and he's a hell of a quarterback.

I think the reason why people focus on him choking (he doesn't nearly do it as much as people make him out to) is that the games he does choke away usually are high profile, important games, thus it's much more prevalent in the media.

That said, Romo is a QB I would take over Eli on my fantasy team every time, but I wouldn't trade Eli for the world as the Giants QB.

Make sense? I don't wanna talk for every Giants fan, but I think that's a good way to put it.

That said, I hope everything blows up in his face, and you guys fall flat.

**** DALLAS

The_Number_9
12-30-2011, 03:08 AM
That's the most mature answer i've received from a division rival fan. Kudos!

Slunk3AM
12-30-2011, 05:01 AM
I'll take Eli anytime over Romo.

But honestly, he has my respect. He's a tough guy and seems to have his head on the right way most of the time. He just seems to be plagued by crazy errors in the worst times.

At the end of the day, GIANTS ALL DAY.

miked1958
12-31-2011, 03:31 AM
Agreed, they are both Bi-polar! There is zero concern about Romo's hand around here. He is 100% fine. They say the swelling has subsided completely. I'm sure the media will keep talking about it all the way till the game and even into the game, but he is fine. He will more than likely practice today as well.
Yes I felt he would have stayed in a played the whole game vs Philly had that game actually meant something. Thine will be fine and will not be effected by the hand. And if he loses he won't use it as an excuse. This is the same guy who played with broken ribs. As a gmen homer I say we win another close one. 35-31