PDA

View Full Version : Do you think WR Reggie Wayne could give Eli those extra catches next year

Leo Da Giant
12-28-2011, 09:39 AM
WR Reggie Wayne has played with Payton, so playing with Eli wouldn't be too hard to pick up... I think that this would be a good signing for the Giants.....

Rudyy
12-28-2011, 09:41 AM
What's wrong with the receivers we already have?

Leo Da Giant
12-28-2011, 09:45 AM
Nicks is dropping almost every ball, Eli puts on him, he costing the team valuable yardage...

2nd have Reggie would be added as a extra weapon Eli could throw to and make plays

Rudyy
12-28-2011, 09:47 AM
Nicks is dropping almost every ball, Eli puts on him, he costing the team valuable yardage...

2nd have Reggie would be added as a extra weapon Eli could throw to and make plays So you want to pick up Reggie Wayne because Nicks has been dropping passes? O.o

Leo Da Giant
12-28-2011, 09:48 AM
Worse for the Giants to be able to beat the teams like the Saints and the Packers (even though they came damn close) we need as much players that can catch the ball and make valuable plays......

Don't you think so???

Rudyy
12-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Worse for the Giants to be able to beat the teams like the Saints and the Packers (even though they came damn close) we need as much players that can catch the ball and make valuable plays......

Don't you think so??? No..

Leo Da Giant
12-28-2011, 09:55 AM
I would give up Nicks in a split sec to have back Burress, Cruz is that guy that has stepped up when needed, I don't see that from NIcks... He needs to make plays and hang on to every ball that comes his this Sunday to put us in the playsoff... Don't you think????

Leo Da Giant
12-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Brees or Rodgers can throw to any body on their team and they catch that ball.. I dont see that coming out of the Giants.. I dont see that confidence coming from Eli

rebelfan1966
12-28-2011, 10:00 AM
I think Nicks will fix his drop problem.... He is a gifted athlete in my opinion. I look fwd to having him around a long time.

Leo Da Giant
12-28-2011, 10:09 AM
I have no doubt that Nicks is gifted, but we need our team to bring the energy they brought to the Jets to every game. I didn't see that energy in the red skins game.. Its like they pick which plays to bring it... I think if they brought that energy to every game.. those games that they lost... which left us thinking what the HELL was going on that field.. we would have already clinched the Division Champ already,

sinn fein
12-28-2011, 10:09 AM
agree

MikeIsaGiant
12-28-2011, 12:49 PM
You can't just assume Wayne would catch those balls.

You can't even assume Wayne would have gotten to that same position.

If your asking if I would make a trade, I'd say no. Receivers have bad games. He's been dropping left and right but I think he'll come back.

Think about the nice catches he has made as well as the bad.

gmen0820
12-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Eli would love his impeccable route running. $$$$$$$

G-Man67
12-28-2011, 01:10 PM
i'd rather find the next Reggie Wayne ... it's a young man's game out there ... look at Mr. Cruz salsa-ing up NFL Ds

deekay7685
12-28-2011, 01:18 PM
replace Mario with Robert Meachem at 3WR and we're good to go

NY_Eli
12-28-2011, 01:22 PM
I would give up Nicks in a split sec to have back Burress, Cruz is that guy that has stepped up when needed, I don't see that from NIcks... He needs to make plays and hang on to every ball that comes his this Sunday to put us in the playsoff... Don't you think????

Are you crazy?!? Nicks has had a bit of a rough stretch but he's 23 years old and has a TON of talent. You would give that up for a guy who's greatest asset is being tall?!? Insanity!

MikeIsaGiant
12-28-2011, 01:24 PM

Are you crazy?!? Nicks has had a bit of a rough stretch but he's 23 years old and has a TON of talent. You would give that up for a guy who's greatest asset is being tall?!? Insanity!

LOL, can't believe I skipped over that ridiculous comment.

Burress over Nicks? WHAT A JOKE.

Tommy_Ribs
12-28-2011, 01:28 PM
I'd rather spend the money on DeSean Jackson, than on a 33 year old WR.

Reggie Wayne is a terrific player, but I really don;t think he would add more to what we have. A guy like DeSean Jackson would be a better signing.

Reggie Wayne would fit in great with the Patriots.

MikeIsaGiant
12-28-2011, 01:34 PM

Reggie Wayne is a terrific player, but I really don;t think he would add more to what we have.* A guy like DeSean Jackson would be a better signing.

With Cruz, Nicks, Jackson who would you line up as the slot receiver?

Being we lose Mario and we still have Barden

gmen0820
12-28-2011, 01:36 PM

Reggie Wayne is a terrific player, but I really don;t think he would add more to what we have.* A guy like DeSean Jackson would be a better signing.

Being we lose Mario and we still have BardenI would keep Cruz in the slot (even though I think he is better suited outside), because I can't see Jackson running many routes. He is a one trick pony.

dave56dj
12-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Woah woah woah - you'd trade Hakeem nicks - a guy who has already caught more balls last year then any one of plax's best years - a guy who's career is just starting - he's 23, and who already looks far and away better then plax has or ever will be (plaxioc has 41 catches on the year as opposed to nicks's 71) for an aging vet who has never been as good? ARE YOU KIDDING?

Every player in the league has drops now and then - in fact our best wideout this year - cruz has 8 - cmon man.

dave56dj
12-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Now lets focus on your slightly less insane desire to have Wayne. Reggie is an excellent vet receiver who has slow down a bit in recent years but still has something left in the tank. That said switching between Mannings HAS ZERO IMPACT on how well he would adjust - its based on offenses and terminology not the last name on Q's jersey - brother or not.

I believe his contract is up but with nicks and cruz why would you want to add to THIS position even if manning ham goes with a high priced vet. While it wouldn't hurt - it would behoove the gmen to add to actual needs in fa like OL - LB and maybe RB and develop wr in the draft.

As to your point that we were close to beating the saints - WHAAATTT? And remember skills positions are fancy and the corvettes and ferraris always look nice - but its not where our problems lie - maybe at RB a little but its time to sure up the beefeaters in front of manning the shiny stuff is already looking nice. NO WAYNE NEEDED.

G-Man67
12-28-2011, 01:53 PM

ha, wow to have that problem! ... Jackson obviously a huge head case, but speed still rules this league

slipknottin
12-28-2011, 01:56 PM
I would give up Nicks in a split sec to have back Burress,

You must be ******ed.

Guess you forgot the massive number of drops Burress had. Nicks has had a couple off games, but is a legitimate #1 receiver, and a top 10 nfl receiver as well

sharick88
12-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Nicks for Burress? You have got to be kidding me.................

NoHuddle10
12-28-2011, 02:52 PM

Don't you think so???

YESSSSSS!!!!!

Look at the 3 best passing teams in the league.

1. Packers - Driver, Jones, Nelson, Jennings, and Finley (and they still used a 2nd round pick in the draft last year to get a receiver. (Cobb who has unreal skills)...

2. Saints - The ammount of weapons the Saints have makes me wanting for more... Colston, Graham, Sproles, Moore, Thomas, Meacham, Henderson, (and they still used their #1 overall pick to get a RB who can do it all)

3. Pats - Gronkowski, Hernandez, Welker, Woodhead, Branch, and they still made their biggest offseason splash at WR grabbing Ochocino...

4. Giants - Nicks, Cruz, Manningham, Ballard, Bradshaw (leaves a lot to be desired after seeing the lists above). Our offseason we used a 3rd round pick on Jernigan, let Boss and Smith walk....

Bottom line is, I know we need more help at oline and defense, but that is only because of the guy we have under center. If it werent for our needs on defense and the fact we have Eli at QB, we should and would be adding to the weapons on offense this offseason.

NoHuddle10
12-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Just to add to what I said above...

I would not want Burress for Nicks, although I will say (and probably will get heat for it), Burress is the better and more talented of the two (right now).

As far as potential and age are concerned, clearly Nicks is the better long term option....

dave56dj
12-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Better and more talented of the two right now - ARE YOU INSANE?

Please check out these stats and then see if you can still manage to have the same Asinine opinion.

player a
71 1116 and 6

player b
41 555 and 8

if you pick player b for any reason you have clearly lost your mind - unless player b were younger and you were thinking about the future - so let me make it clear A is 23 and b is 34.

In no way is plax better now - Hakeem is ALREADY a much more talented receiver - plax has never caught 79 balls in one year - Hakeem did that in his second year - you are kidding with all this right?

NoHuddle10
12-28-2011, 03:18 PM

Please check out these stats and then see if you can still manage to have the same Asinine opinion.

player a
71 1116 and 6

player b
41 555 and 8

if you pick player b for any reason you have clearly lost your mind - unless player b were younger and you were thinking about the future - so let me make it clear A is 23 and b is 34.

In no way is plax better now - Hakeem is ALREADY a much more talented receiver - plax has never caught 79 balls in one year - Hakeem did that in his second year - you are kidding with all this right?

Not at all. Eli is 3 times the QB Sanchez is.... I promise you if you flip the two this year, the stats flip with them.. I GUARANTEE IT.

dave56dj
12-28-2011, 03:20 PM
You do huh?Then why is it that PLAX NEVER had a year where he caught as many balls as Hakeem - your out of your league here and arguing something NO ONE ELSE except the op would agree with - open it up to ANY analyst/ fan and you will lose 99 out of 100 times. Plax is a shell of himself and was never as good as hakeem was or will be either.

NoHuddle10
12-28-2011, 03:20 PM

player a
71 1116 and 6

player b
41 555 and 8

Not at all. Eli is 3 times the QB Sanchez is.... I promise you if you flip the two this year, the stats flip with them.. I GUARANTEE IT.

Just to add to the above. Look at the stats Eli's number 1 receiver's have put up during his career. Then do the same for Sanchez. Those will be quite telling...

dave56dj
12-28-2011, 03:21 PM
You realize plax played with Eli yes? He never put up the numbers hakeen did - stop while you're way behind.

gmen0820
12-28-2011, 03:22 PM

player a
71 1116 and 6

player b
41 555 and 8

Not at all. Eli is 3 times the QB Sanchez is.... I promise you if you flip the two this year, the stats flip with them.. I GUARANTEE IT.Problem with your 'guarantee' is that it can't and won't ever be proven, so we can only go with things that have happened.

dave56dj
12-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Not even sure why I'm still arguing such a ridiculous point but how bout the fact that plax has less catches and yards then both santonio and Keller on his own team and he aint seeing double teams like hakeem is.

Id love you to start a thread asking who people would rather have RIGHT now for one year only. In wake of hakeems drops the last 2 weeks you may get some sympathy from fans who only understand RIGHT NOW - but he has been far and away better the whole year.

NoHuddle10
12-28-2011, 03:29 PM
You do huh?Then why is it that PLAX NEVER had a year where he caught as many balls as Hakeem - your out of your league here and arguing something NO ONE ELSE except the op would agree with - open it up to ANY analyst/ fan and you will lose 99 out of 100 times. Plax is a shell of himself and was never as good as hakeem was or will be either.

Plax played with Eli during a time in which he wasnt as good as he is now. Plax played on a Giants team that could run the ball, not a team that relyed solely on the pass to win games.

That being said I will still try and show you with "stats".

Plax was Eli's #1 receiver in his 2nd - 5.5 seasons. Or in other words, Eli's first full year starting - 4th...

His numbers the first 3 years (not counting the last because we dominated the run game and had a very good defense that year and because Plax shot himself and missed 5 games that year) Plax's numbers were as follows...

Elis first full year starting Plax went for 76 receptions 1214 yards and 7 TDS

Elis second full year starting, Plax missed 1 game but caught 63 balls for 988 yards and 10 TDS

Elis 3rd year as a starter Plax had 70 catches for 1025 yards and 12 TDS.

Plax had better hands and was was more difficult to cover than Nicks is now. I think Plax is just as talented now as he was then (and definitely healthier).

Nicks so far... Wont count rookie year for obvious reasons...

79 catches 1052 yards 11 tds

71 catches 1116 yards 6 tds.

Keep in mind Eli was much more talented and knew the game far greater during Nicks two years than the Plax era... Also keep in mind, Plax was on this team during years we had a great running game and above average defense. Nicks has been on teams with horrible running games and defenses.

dave56dj
12-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Do me a favor why dont you start a thread and ask fans who theyd rather have now plax or Hakeem. This year he is 30 catches behind Hakeem with almost 500 less yards and your argument is his qb isn't as good- umm then how come santonio has more catches and far more yards and how bout Keller-santo nio is there one and seeing far more double coverage so there goes that theory- the run game? Nothing special/ qb? Sure its a factor but 30 catches less- you realize Wayne with a far less qb has 68 catches how bout Fitzgerald or even Marshall worse qbs much better stats- please face facts plax is not who he was and not Hakeem nicks / I would continue the argument hakeem
Is already better then plax ever was but lets start here with your comment tht you'd rather have plax now.

NoHuddle10
12-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Do me a favor why dont you start a thread and ask fans who theyd rather have now plax or Hakeem. This year he is 30 catches behind Hakeem with almost 500 less yards and your argument is his qb isn't as good- umm then how come santonio has more catches and far more yards and how bout Keller-santo nio is there one and seeing far more double coverage so there goes that theory- the run game? Nothing special/ qb? Sure its a factor but 30 catches less- you realize Wayne with a far less qb has 68 catches how bout Fitzgerald or even Marshall worse qbs much better stats- please face facts plax is not who he was and not Hakeem nicks / I would continue the argument hakeem
Is already better then plax ever was but lets start here with your comment tht you'd rather have plax now.

Do me a favor....

Tell me what you think Plax's stats would be as the number 1 receiver on our team this year and what you think Nicks would be as the number 1 on the Jets this year.

I would love to hear your answer....

and secondly... I said I would rather have Nicks over Plax.

pjam84
12-28-2011, 05:36 PM
i love this too. i was thinking a couple weeks ago that we should go after wayne if the price is right. our receivers now are great, but didn't we all just watch last week. it would be nice to get a guy that we know will be on the same page with the qb for every snap. not only is reggie a baller, but he is very intelligent too. 11 years of nfl knowledge if i'm not mistaken.

pjam84
12-28-2011, 05:37 PM

nicks for burress? that is absurd.

greenca190
12-28-2011, 05:54 PM
It seems every year by week six were picking up vet free agents (stokely, Clayton) to compensate for injuries. If reggie is available for cheap, which e might be, and is assigned a depth role, I'd have no problem with picking him up.

Defcon4
12-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Now lets focus on your slightly less insane desire to have Wayne. Reggie is an excellent vet receiver who has slow down a bit in recent years but still has something left in the tank. That said switching between Mannings HAS ZERO IMPACT on how well he would adjust - its based on offenses and terminology not the last name on Q's jersey - brother or not.

I believe his contract is up but with nicks and cruz why would you want to add to THIS position even if manning ham goes with a high priced vet. While it wouldn't hurt - it would behoove the gmen to add to actual needs in fa like OL - LB and maybe RB and develop wr in the draft.

As to your point that we were close to beating the saints - WHAAATTT? And remember skills positions are fancy and the corvettes and ferraris always look nice - but its not where our problems lie - maybe at RB a little but its time to sure up the beefeaters in front of manning the shiny stuff is already looking nice. NO WAYNE NEEDED.

+1

gmen46
12-28-2011, 07:17 PM

Do me a favor....

Tell me what you think Plax's stats would be as the number 1 receiver on our team this year and what you think Nicks would be as the number 1 on the Jets this year.

I would love to hear your answer....

and secondly... I said I would rather have Nicks over Plax.

"and secondly... I said I would rather have Nicks over Plax"

Right. You did say that. But you ALSO said that "Plax is better than Nicks right now".

That comment is even worse. Not to mention wacky and incorrect.

You obviously don't see the monster that is in Nicks as a complete package receiver. So be it, that's your privilege.

But you do yourself no service by insisting on this path.

You underestimate the impact of Nicks exceeding 1000 yards this year WITH the constant double teaming and getting the opponent's best cover guy each and every game.

You underestimate the impact of Nicks exceeding 1000 yards this year WITH all the big plays and 1300+ yards that have come from Cruz.

And, he has his 71 receptions for 1100+ yards and 6 TDs in spite of missing 1 game (and having 1 more to play), nursing a sore hamstring off and on over the past 4-5 games, and having lost concentration to the tune of at least 4-5 dropped passes--that I can remember specifically-- in the past 2 games and the 2nd Eagles game

You --I think it was you--talk about the very good receiving corps of the Saints, Packers, and Patriots. And you're right, all 3 corps are very good, if not great.

Important to note, though, that the big play receivers for 2, if not all 3, of these teams has been TEs this year.

But in terms of an individual wide receiver, I'll take an A Johnson, a C Johnson, and a L Fitzgerald, sure enough. But after those 3 there's not another individual wide receiver right NOW that I'd want over Nicks. And, he's just getting started.

scf424
12-28-2011, 07:20 PM
$5 says the OP looked at their Madden ratings and came up with this genius idea.

EJ Blue
12-28-2011, 07:20 PM
playing with Eli wouldn't be too hard to pick up because he played with Peyton? Can someone please elaborate? How are they even comparable aside from having the last name Manning.

lawl
12-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Nohuddle10 strikes again

shotcalla39
12-28-2011, 08:36 PM
IF WE CAN GET him for minimumm I say do it since MM is probbly not comin back.... Wayne is still good just no one could get him the ball this year

shotcalla39
12-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Brees or Rodgers can throw to any body on their team and they catch that ball.. I dont see that coming out of the Giants.. I dont see that confidence coming from Eli

Troll

Tommy_Ribs
12-28-2011, 08:38 PM

Reggie Wayne is a terrific player, but I really don;t think he would add more to what we have. A guy like DeSean Jackson would be a better signing.

Depends who is healthy, and what the formation is, but if our Top 3 WRs were Nicks, Cruz and DeSean, we would have the best WR Corps in the league, and we would have a lot of options to attack defenses.

We would also have a top-notch PR, AND steal a very good young player from the Eagles.

I don't see us doing it, but I don't see us being a player for Wayne either.

NYfanatic
12-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Reggie will go where ever Peyton goes... (Jets, Skins, Niners, Fins etc..)