PDA

View Full Version : By winning Sunday, we may lose out for the future:

TuckYou
12-28-2011, 09:43 AM
If the Giants do put together a season good enough to win the NFC East this year, it wont be because of defense. </P>

Right now the Giants are at (-23) points on the season, meaning they have given up 23 more points then they scored, yet somehow can get into the playoffs with a win Sunday.</P>

If they do manage to beat the Cowboys for the second time this season, they will play the following week at home vs either Atlanta or Detroit. </P>

On the flip side, with the Giants beating the Jets last week, they eliminated the Eagles from makingthe playoffs. The Eagles hired anoffensive lineman to be their DC last season and most likely he wont be there again. </P>

Which brings me to my point.</P>

The Eagles will have the first shot to lure in highly coveted Steve Spagnuolo (if the Rams even fire him) to replace their current DC. Its all speculation now, but it makes sense. </P>

So if we win and play in the playoffs, we may miss our shot at Spags for the future, and not only that, but he would go back to a division rival and make them a feirce defense once again. </P>

If we do lose, there is almost no doubt in my mind Perry Fewell will get let go and replaced. In fact, the whole staff might be replaced. And what better of an option would it be to bring in the DC who helped the Giants win their 3rd Superbowl and turn the Giants defense into a nightmare for the opponent, instead of what they have right now which is a nightmare for the fans. </P>

Thoughts?</P>

TrueBlue07
12-28-2011, 09:46 AM
<div><font size="2" face="Arial"><span class="990594414-28122011">(A) Spags is not the
only coach in the world who could run our defense</span></font></div>
<div><font size="2" face="Arial"><span class="990594414-28122011"></span></font></div>
<div><font size="2" face="Arial"><span class="990594414-28122011">(B) If Spags takes
the Philly job before even giving us a chance to talk to him he either wanted
Philly the whole time, or didn't really want the NYG THAT
badly.</span></font></div>
<div><font size="2" face="Arial"><span class="990594414-28122011"></span></font></div>
<div><font size="2" face="Arial"><span class="990594414-28122011">Oh, and also we're
assuming Philly fires their DC, who when it's all said and done had his team
fighting for the division title in week 17</span></font></div>

sinn fein
12-28-2011, 09:48 AM
right on.we need to start all over.would it be t o much to ask them to be fired up for EVERY game

Dirt66
12-28-2011, 09:50 AM
I'm pretty sure that if the Giants have any ideas of bringing Spags back they will "somehow" let him know about it before he goes to Philly. Once he is "let go" from St Louis, he is fair game. Sorry Perry but I hope win or lose, you are out of here!

TrueBlue07
12-28-2011, 09:55 AM
<div><span class="787385214-28122011"><font size="2">I think the Giants are too
classy to enter in to any discussions with Spags during their season and while
they have a coach. Also, if I'm Spags and they did do that, a part of me would
say "well, what's to stop them from one day trying to replace me before my job
is even open?". It's not a good way to run your business. Spags is a very
smart guy, he knows our DC position is not filled for next year. What is Philly
going to do, give him an ultimatum? "Take our job now or we pull it"? Can't see
that happening. </font></span></div>
<div><span class="787385214-28122011"></span></div>
<div><span class="787385214-28122011"><font size="2">And again, the Eagles D is 8th
in yards per game, 12th in points allowed. We are all assuming they will fire
Castillo after one year, but why?</font></span></div>

TuckYou
12-28-2011, 09:59 AM
<DIV><SPAN class=787385214-28122011><FONT size=2>I think the Giants are too classy to enter in to any discussions with Spags during their season and while they have a coach. Also, if I'm Spags and they did do that, a part of me would say "well, what's to stop them from one day trying to replace me before my job is even open?". It's not a good way to run your business. Spags is a very smart guy, he knows our DC position is not filled for next year. What is Philly going to do, give him an ultimatum? "Take our job now or we pull it"? Can't see that happening. </FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=787385214-28122011></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=787385214-28122011><FONT size=2>And again, the Eagles D is 8th in yards per game, 10th in points allowed. We are all assuming they will fire Castillo after one year, but why?</FONT></SPAN></DIV>

</P>

They wont fire him, but they could relocate him to a different position, which I think they will. </P>

Seducer
12-28-2011, 10:02 AM
<DIV><SPAN class=787385214-28122011><FONT size=2>I think the Giants are too classy to enter in to any discussions with Spags during their season and while they have a coach. Also, if I'm Spags and they did do that, a part of me would say "well, what's to stop them from one day trying to replace me before my job is even open?". It's not a good way to run your business. Spags is a very smart guy, he knows our DC position is not filled for next year. What is Philly going to do, give him an ultimatum? "Take our job now or we pull it"? Can't see that happening. </FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=787385214-28122011></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=787385214-28122011><FONT size=2>And again, the Eagles D is 8th in yards per game, 12th in points allowed. We are all assuming they will fire Castillo after one year, but why?</FONT></SPAN></DIV>

</P>

I agree. Who says they will fire Castillo? Who says we will fire Fewell?</P>

To another poster's point, there are other coaches out there capable of being successful defensive coordinators. Whats wrong with finding the next up and comer?</P>

TrueBlue07
They very well could, but I don't think it's as much of a forgone conclusion as people on this board are making it out to be. They started off slowly and once they figured it out their D was very good.

rebelfan1966
I still say Spaggs got miffed with the Giants after we played them this year.... he may not even want to come back to the Giants.

TuckYou
12-28-2011, 10:04 AM
I still say Spaggs got miffed with the Giants after we played them this year.... he may not even want to come back to the Giants.</P>

That could be true. He was pissed about that faking injury crap. He may want revenge, and what better way to get it then going back to the Eagles.</P>

sinn fein
12-28-2011, 10:05 AM
getting spags would be a great belated xmas present.

TrueBlue07
12-28-2011, 10:07 AM
I still say Spaggs got miffed with the Giants after we played them this year.... he may not even want to come back to the Giants.

He was annoyed by that, but do you honestly think that one instance is alone to wipe away all of his good memories of being here? As they say on ESPN C'monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn man!!

Some host on the nfl blitz SiriusXM station claimed to know Spags, and to know for a fact he has a high level of respect for the org and TC. He felt Philly &amp; NYG were the clear favorites, Spags wife is apparently from Philly, but the distance between both cities is so minimal that would play no factor.

ebick
12-28-2011, 10:15 AM
He was annoyed by that, but do you honestly think that one instance is alone to wipe away all of his good memories of being here? As they say on ESPN C'monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn man!!</P>

....and it's not like that really made a difference in the Rams' season...</P>