PDA

View Full Version : Best blogging platform?

greenca190
04-02-2013, 01:03 AM
I've been told several times to start a football related blog, as I'm sure many have. I was a journalism student through out high school and college, and am now in sales. I have the background and whatever, but have always been hesitant because I really hate the idea of promoting myself. I'm trying to get over it but have no idea what platform I should use. Does anyone out there have a favorite? (ie: blogger, wordpress, tumblr, etc.)

Drez
04-02-2013, 02:03 AM
I have a Wordpress. I don't use it that much, but it seems to have quite a bit of functionality. IIRC, NFL.com and PFT both use Wordpress for their blogs.

Rudyy
04-02-2013, 09:02 AM
Tumblr is the best blogging site IMO. I'm not sure if it's the best platform for sports however.

JPizzack
04-02-2013, 02:33 PM
I'd say in terms of marketing yourself, Wordpress is a better, more professional means of publishing a blog.

I'm not going to read someone's tumblr to read legit columns or journalism. lol (yea, that's @ you Rudyy lol)

Rudyy
04-03-2013, 06:20 PM
I'd say in terms of marketing yourself, Wordpress is a better, more professional means of publishing a blog.

I'm not going to read someone's tumblr to read legit columns or journalism. lol (yea, that's @ you Rudyy lol)UM YEAH, I ALREADY TOLD HIM THAT TUMBLR WASN'T PROBABLY THE BEST FOR A SPORTS COLUMN YOU TESTICLE.

(YEA, THAT'S @ YOU PIZZ) WORD UP SON.

Moke
04-03-2013, 09:01 PM
LMAO TUMBLR.

Tumblr is actually awesome for blogging... if you're a little girl and love pink unicorn pictures :).

Go with WordPress

JPizzack
04-04-2013, 08:44 AM
LMAO TUMBLR.

Tumblr is actually awesome for blogging... if you're a little girl and love pink unicorn pictures :).

Go with WordPress

I found this on wordpress

http://ephemerist.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/robocop-unicorn.jpg

Moke
04-04-2013, 09:39 AM
I found this on wordpress

http://ephemerist.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/robocop-unicorn.jpg

I want that as my poster in my new room.

JPizzack
04-04-2013, 09:44 AM
I want that as my poster in my new room.

consider it done.