PDA

View Full Version : The all D with a little O Mock Draft

ELI_HOF_NYG
04-04-2013, 02:16 AM
Will it happen like this? probably not,,,would I be ok with it? you betcha

1. xavier rhodes CB FLA State.... big, physical corner, could make for a formidable corner combo with Prince
2.arthur brown LB Kansas State.... "The Judge", and all around do it all LB who would the giants system like a glove
3.bacarri rambo S Georgia..... ballhawk, can stop the run, can play zone or zone coverage. bacarri Rambo,,"He's no tourist."
4.tyrann mathieu CB/S LSU.... I love me some honey badger,,,this is my frill pick and worth the gamble
5.dion sims TE Michigan State.... martellus bennett like, can catch, block, work the middle
6.reid fragel OT Ohio State.... big OT, a project like Mr. Reese likes em.
7.zac stacy RB Vanderbilt... kid is a baller and shot caller. small, compact, runs with absolute power,,led secin YPC in 20011.
7.mike catapano DE Princeton...small school guy, non stop motor, goes 110% every play, could make camp interesting

BlessedinBlue22
04-04-2013, 02:33 AM
We have similar mocks. Love Sims in the 5th..Rambo had a nice senior bowl too. Unfortunately, don't think the honeybadger will be there in the 4th, his stock will rise before the draft, maybe sneak in early 3rd. and the bucs might take the X-man at 13. Think Sheldon Richardson will drop for sure, but that's about it.

ELI_HOF_NYG
04-04-2013, 02:42 AM
We have similar mocks. Love Sims in the 5th..Rambo had a nice senior bowl too. Unfortunately, don't think the honeybadger will be there in the 4th, his stock will rise before the draft, maybe sneak in early 3rd. and the bucs might take the X-man at 13. Think Sheldon Richardson will drop for sure, but that's about it.

wouldn't be mad if they took Mathieu in the 3rd,,,if not Rhodes possibly Trufant. not sold on Richardson,,is it true he has a rep for being lazy? we need none of that on this team. although the idea is hated by many, Toadsofsteel especially, ogeltree would be a nice pick at 19,,he as well fits the system and fills a gaping need.

BlessedinBlue22
04-04-2013, 02:55 AM
wouldn't be mad if they took Mathieu in the 3rd,,,if not Rhodes possibly Trufant. not sold on Richardson,,is it true he has a rep for being lazy? we need none of that on this team. although the idea is hated by many, Toadsofsteel especially, ogeltree would be a nice pick at 19,,he as well fits the system and fills a gaping need.

At this juncture, if Rhodes or Werner are no longer on the board, then it's no longer BPA, but need and Ogletree would be an awesome fit..even though it's a little bit of a reach at 19..Getting honeybadger in the third is gonna be my prayer mission..was in church for hours today..for the next couple days, watch his name be called on draft day lol

ELI_HOF_NYG
04-04-2013, 02:58 PM
At this juncture, if Rhodes or Werner are no longer on the board, then it's no longer BPA, but need and Ogletree would be an awesome fit..even though it's a little bit of a reach at 19..Getting honeybadger in the third is gonna be my prayer mission..was in church for hours today..for the next couple days, watch his name be called on draft day lol

can I get an AMEN!!!

TCHOF
04-04-2013, 03:23 PM
I would love it if we went OL in the 4th instead of Mathieu

Carter.525
04-04-2013, 03:28 PM
lots of secondary help.. maybe too much. One of those picks should be a DE

ELI_HOF_NYG
04-04-2013, 03:57 PM
I would love it if we went OL in the 4th instead of Mathieu

mathieu would have more value than any OL in the 4th round.

TCHOF
04-04-2013, 04:00 PM
mathieu would have more value than any OL in the 4th round.

Tough to say that until we know who is sitting there when we pick in the 4th. I am not a Mathieu fan and don't think that JR would pick him in a million years. I could be wrong though . . . .

ELI_HOF_NYG
04-04-2013, 04:08 PM
lots of secondary help.. maybe too much. One of those picks should be a DE

I tried to do something a little different than the same old same old. this team needs lots of secondary help. they need 2 corners and a safety no doubt. webster cant be trusted and TT and ross wont be around for too long. rolle probably gets cut next year unless he reduces his salary and the jury is still out on brown and hill,,,, plus mundy isnt anything special. I feel we have enough at DE right now unless someone nice falls in the 1st, possibly the second, anything else will be a project which we have enough of already. Lb must be upgraded as well so all in all I dont think this is too far off and would solidify the D for a while. they can worry about DE next year or in the later rounds of this draft. I did select a DE in the 7th whom I really like in mike catapano.

myles2424
04-05-2013, 02:03 AM
Like the picks, but past drafts tell us good players usually don't go according to their projections....
IMO Rhodes is gone before 19,brown late 1st rounder & Rambo 2nd

ELI_HOF_NYG
04-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Like the picks, but past drafts tell us good players usually don't go according to their projections....
IMO Rhodes is gone before 19,brown late 1st rounder & Rambo 2nd

the past also tells us that anything can happen,,it's just a mock,,,nobody knows except the FO as to what will transpire.

Kruunch
04-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Will it happen like this? probably not,,,would I be ok with it? you betcha

1. xavier rhodes CB FLA State.... big, physical corner, could make for a formidable corner combo with Prince
2.arthur brown LB Kansas State.... "The Judge", and all around do it all LB who would the giants system like a glove
3.bacarri rambo S Georgia..... ballhawk, can stop the run, can play zone or zone coverage. bacarri Rambo,,"He's no tourist."
4.tyrann mathieu CB/S LSU.... I love me some honey badger,,,this is my frill pick and worth the gamble
5.dion sims TE Michigan State.... martellus bennett like, can catch, block, work the middle
6.reid fragel OT Ohio State.... big OT, a project like Mr. Reese likes em.
7.zac stacy RB Vanderbilt... kid is a baller and shot caller. small, compact, runs with absolute power,,led secin YPC in 20011.
7.mike catapano DE Princeton...small school guy, non stop motor, goes 110% every play, could make camp interesting

As you said, not likely to happen. Not from a personnel standpoint but from the fact that your first four guys are probably not available when you have us picking them (with the exception of Rambo who we don't need).

Also waiting until the 7th round for our first DE in this draft? Never happen.

ELI_HOF_NYG
04-05-2013, 04:22 PM
As you said, not likely to happen. Not from a personnel standpoint but from the fact that your first four guys are probably not available when you have us picking them (with the exception of Rambo who we don't need).

Also waiting until the 7th round for our first DE in this draft? Never happen.

all the DE's that we would be interested in early should be gone. we have enough DE's on the roster to address areas of more pressing need in the first few rounds such as LB, CB, OL and S. we have enough DE projects on the team. we definitely need another safety, not sold on brown or hill and rolle could very well be gone next year. LB and CB always seem to drop so it is very possible they are both there. with that said I was just trying to do something different than the same draft everybody else has.