PDA

View Full Version : New York Giants a Candidate to Sign Steve Spagnuolo, Says Sal Paolantonio

IamGiantsfan
12-28-2011, 11:55 AM
Everyone is scared the Eagles will sign Spags so here

http://www.giants101.com/2011/12/28/new-york-giants-a-candidate-to-sign-steve-spagnuolo-says-sal-paolantonio/

"If the Eagles want Spagnuolo to come back to Philadelphia, they're going to have to make a huge pitch to do that," Paolantonio said. "I think Spagnuolo has a better chance of going to New York than Philadelphia."

@MikeGarafolo: Re: all this Spags-to-the-Eagles talk, everyone realizes he didn’t exactly enjoy his last year in Philly, right? (See quote in next tweet)

@MikeGarafolo: Quote from friend in ’08 Star-Ledger story on Spags after Reid kept him from being a DC elsewhere “Those were probably the darkest days.”

@MikeGarafolo: More from Spags’ friend in ’08: “Working for the Eagles the last year was very tough for him.” Not saying it won’t happen but keep in mind.

@MikeGarafolo: Aha! Found the Spags story online. It’s from our Kevin Manahan 1/6/08 (the day of the Giants-Bucs playoff game): http://t.co/7RXDi4y0

nygiantfanalways
12-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Thats interesting...

G-Man67
12-28-2011, 12:42 PM
interesting ... time for us to get somebody they want

i wonder how Perry Fewell is feeling about that ... hopefully he blocks out those distractions and cooks up something good for the Boys

but, for Spags it does make sense ... he'll have some studs again to work with on D and let's face it, Tom isn't the youngest coach on the block

rebelfan1966
12-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Nothing like the pressure of another coach taking your job to make you focus hard on trying to prove you deserve to keep it.

Drez
12-28-2011, 01:12 PM
I always thought that Spags would rather come back here than go back to Philly. He had greater success here and remained very close to TC. I remember seeing before the Rams game, that Spags said he would frequently call TC for advice... and then mentioned Reid kind of as an afterthought.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-28-2011, 01:25 PM
awesome post and article..I cannot see Spags going back to Philthy, he hated it there and its obvious Reid isnt going anywhere. Unless Reid is fired, which I doubt will happen, Spags wont go back. Why would he?

SIMMS5611
12-28-2011, 01:38 PM
interesting ... time for us to get somebody they want

i wonder how Perry Fewell is feeling about that ... hopefully he blocks out those distractions and cooks up something good for the Boys

but, for Spags it does make sense ... he'll have some studs again to work with on D and let's face it, Tom isn't the youngest coach on the block

If Fewell is on borrowed time, it's in his best interest to finish strongly, so he'll have something to show potential suitors, other than those games we gave up close to 40.....</P>

Roosevelt
12-28-2011, 01:39 PM
That would be nice to have him back. Coll too because my sister went to Springfield College.

TrueBlue07
12-28-2011, 01:40 PM
Here is Sal Pal on Philly radio discussing Spags:

http://www.975thefanatic.com/teams/eagles/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10330378

Gianthunter
12-28-2011, 01:40 PM
IF if Spags is fired. How is everyone so certain he will not get another HC job somewhere next year.

Tommy_Ribs
12-28-2011, 02:02 PM
IF if Spags is fired. How is everyone so certain he will not get another HC job somewhere next year.

I think he has to go the coordinator route again to get his next HC job.

The RAMs job was just a no-win scenario for him.

The RAMs should have either brought in a HC who has built a team before, or given Spags a lot more help than they did.

I think he deserves one more year, and this is part of the problem with the Rams. They do not stick with guys.

Spags is respected there, and his players didn't quit on him. I know they didn't win a lot and this year was a huge step backwards, but we'll see what happens.

If he does get fired, I think we have a good shot at bringing him back, if that is what the team wants to do.

All things being equal, I think any coach would prefer to be in NY for the Maras as opposed to being in Philly for Lurie. No one treats people better than we do. Dallas and Denver are just as good as we are, but no one is better.

MattMeyerBud
12-28-2011, 02:11 PM

http://www.giants101.com/2011/12/28/new-york-giants-a-candidate-to-sign-steve-spagnuolo-says-sal-paolantonio/

"If the Eagles want Spagnuolo to come back to Philadelphia, they're going to have to make a huge pitch to do that," Paolantonio said. "I think Spagnuolo has a better chance of going to New York than Philadelphia."

@MikeGarafolo: Re: all this Spags-to-the-Eagles talk, everyone realizes he didn’t exactly enjoy his last year in Philly, right? (See quote in next tweet)

@MikeGarafolo: Quote from friend in ’08 Star-Ledger story on Spags after Reid kept him from being a DC elsewhere “Those were probably the darkest days.”

@MikeGarafolo: More from Spags’ friend in ’08: “Working for the Eagles the last year was very tough for him.” Not saying it won’t happen but keep in mind.

@MikeGarafolo: Aha! Found the Spags story online. It’s from our Kevin Manahan 1/6/08 (the day of the Giants-Bucs playoff game): http://t.co/7RXDi4y0

AWESOME story

and great news lol!

TheReal_LT
12-28-2011, 05:22 PM

I like the idea...i know some might say that they don't want to give him a chance at HC given his track record but I think that he will learn from his experience and that he really didn't have much talent in St Louis to begin with...

FBomb
12-28-2011, 05:28 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdSXyuaZiGKgz3E0E1QazthrpDgub9j XXtccqu4oz6xWPcJJHj</P>

PLEASE PLEASE OH PLEASE PLEASE!!!</P>

JesseJames
12-28-2011, 05:38 PM

I think he has to go the coordinator route again to get his next HC job.

The RAMs job was just a no-win scenario for him.

The RAMs should have either brought in a HC who has built a team before, or given Spags a lot more help than they did.

I think he deserves one more year, and this is part of the problem with the Rams.* They do not stick with guys.

Spags is respected there, and his players didn't quit on him.* I know they didn't win a lot and this year was a huge step backwards, but we'll see what happens.

If he does get fired, I think we have a good shot at bringing him back, if that is what the team wants to do.

All things being equal, I think any coach would prefer to be in NY for the Maras as opposed to being in Philly for Lurie.* No one treats people better than we do.* Dallas and Denver are just as good as we are, but no one is better.

I agree Tommy, Spags will most likely have to take another DC spot and prove himself all over again as a lot of guys have done....

T-Murda84
12-28-2011, 05:51 PM
We are about to play a big game against the Cowboys, and this is a huge distraction. We dont need Fewell and the rest of the staff coaching scared, or nothing caring because hes going to get fired regardless of a win or loss. This is a huge distraction and if these reports were true....If Perry Fewell just walked off the team, I wouldnt blame him. This is the same way Bill Sheridan was treated, and Sheridan didnt care and even benched Osi and Robbins...Imagine if Fewell would bench a starter mid way in the game like Sheridan.

fletch842
12-28-2011, 08:37 PM
I don't think we make changes in coaching if we beat the cowboys, and despite what the talking heads are spewing out, Spags is still employed.

scf424
12-28-2011, 08:42 PM
We are about to play a big game against the Cowboys, and this is a huge distraction. We dont need Fewell and the rest of the staff coaching scared, or nothing caring because hes going to get fired regardless of a win or loss. This is a huge distraction and if these reports were true....If Perry Fewell just walked off the team, I wouldnt blame him. This is the same way Bill Sheridan was treated, and Sheridan didnt care and even benched Osi and Robbins...Imagine if Fewell would bench a starter mid way in the game like Sheridan.

Yea, then he wouldn't get a job anywhere else.

It works both ways, brother.

Eli2Nicks612
12-28-2011, 08:51 PM

If anything this would make Fewell coach a better game. He would get fired because of poor play from the defense. His only hope of staying with the team or at least getting a job somewhere else is to prove himself in this last game and hopefully in the playoffs.

FlyingTruck
12-28-2011, 08:57 PM
The Rams don't have a lot of talent.
He really should be given another year.
But.
I want him back. lol

TrueBlue07
12-28-2011, 08:58 PM
If Fewell walked off the team now, right before the biggest game of the year, basically a playoff game, because outside reports are surfacing that a guy who once succeeded with the Giants will be looking for a job than Fewell is much weaker than even his biggest haters gave him credit for.

He's a professional and it's part of his job, which I'm sure he knows.

shotcalla39
12-28-2011, 09:33 PM
Give Spags a guy like JPP and all those 1st round picks in the defensive backfield and were talking superbowl.... We gotta do whatever it takes to make it happen..WHATEVER IT TAKES!

sinn fein
12-28-2011, 10:04 PM
ditto

JesseJames
12-29-2011, 11:48 AM
I don't understand why people are willing to give Fewell another season because of the defense's performance in the Jets game, which was just OK. Where was Fewells defense all year when we needed it...

Drez
12-29-2011, 11:55 AM
We are about to play a big game against the Cowboys, and this is a huge distraction. We dont need Fewell and the rest of the staff coaching scared, or nothing caring because hes going to get fired regardless of a win or loss. This is a huge distraction and if these reports were true....If Perry Fewell just walked off the team, I wouldnt blame him. This is the same way Bill Sheridan was treated, and Sheridan didnt care and even benched Osi and Robbins...Imagine if Fewell would bench a starter mid way in the game like Sheridan. </P>

If you're so emotionally weak that you can't handle talk about getting fired and who your replacement might be, then you have no business coaching in the NFL, much less coaching in NY.</P>

Look at TC, he's faced job insecurity damn near every year he's been here outisde of '08.</P>

Boo hoo. Cry me a river.</P>

elifan10
12-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Hope this is true.

GMENAGAIN
12-29-2011, 05:09 PM
1-15, 7-7, 2-14
That's how.

Regardless of what kind of talent the Rams had, no one gets a HC job off of 3 years like that. He'll have to prove himself as a DC again for a few years before he gets another sniff as a HC . . . . .

Actually, coming here to serve as DC under a 65 year-old HC might be his best chance for a HC job down the road.

byron
12-29-2011, 05:41 PM
IF if Spags is fired. How is everyone so certain he will not get another HC job somewhere next year. 1-15, 7-7, 2-14 That's how. Regardless of what kind of talent the Rams had, no one gets a HC job off of 3 years like that. He'll have to prove himself as a DC again for a few years before he gets another sniff as a HC . . . . . Actually, coming here to serve as DC under a 65 year-old HC might be his best chance for a HC job down the road. This makes a lot of since might be the only way he gets another shot get in behind an old guy and wait it out....shoud have done that here in hind sight maybe .

yatitle
12-29-2011, 05:44 PM

10-38. That's how certain I am he's not getting another HC gig.

IamGiantsfan
12-30-2011, 11:45 AM

10-38.* That's how certain I am he's not getting another HC gig.

at least for a while

NY_Eli
12-30-2011, 11:53 AM
That would be nice to have him back.* Coll too because my sister went to Springfield College.

No offense but how about we worry about this season first.

Enjoy the ride.

IamGiantsfan
12-30-2011, 11:54 AM
That would be nice to have him back.* Coll too because my sister went to Springfield College.

Enjoy the ride.
lol, but it's just an innocent question *wink*

NY_Eli
12-30-2011, 11:56 AM

Enjoy the ride.

lol just trying to make a point. everyone's enjoying the ride, but it doesn't mean every single post has to be about the game on sunday.

i mean, giants vs. cowboys, division on the line....duh!

But that's no reason to tell other people what the proper way to be a giants fan is.

IamGiantsfan
12-30-2011, 12:13 PM

Enjoy the ride.

lol just trying to make a point. everyone's enjoying the ride, but it doesn't mean every single post has to be about the game on sunday.

i mean, giants vs. cowboys, division on the line....duh!

But that's no reason to tell other people what the proper way to be a giants fan is.
I know, with your 'HOF players on the roster' thread

Redeyejedi
12-30-2011, 12:17 PM
What do the Rams expect from Spags?There roster is crap.He isnt the GM

IamGiantsfan
12-30-2011, 12:25 PM
What do the Rams expect from Spags?There roster is crap.He isnt the GM
The win now mentality of everyone now, they expect you to turn around a franchise in a season

JesseJames
12-30-2011, 05:58 PM
with the lack of talent on the Rams roster the owners should be firing the GM not Spags...

Roosevelt
12-30-2011, 06:05 PM
That would be nice to have him back. Coll too because my sister went to Springfield College.

Enjoy the ride.

What made you think I was worried?

NY_Eli
12-30-2011, 06:24 PM

Enjoy the ride.

...That's your quote. You told it to me when I asked if anybody thought any HOFers were on the roster.

Whatever, it's all good.

Joe Morrison
12-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Spags can't help us this weekend, just want to see the agressive style Fewell showed against the Jets and keep Romo dancing.

giantsfan420
12-30-2011, 07:48 PM

Enjoy the ride.

lmfao. well played buddy well played

Gianthunter
12-30-2011, 07:53 PM
The teamalready hasand now even the beat reporters arebeating the keep Spags drum

jomo
12-30-2011, 07:57 PM
Would love to have him back as DC on his way to being our HC in a few. His schemes, game plans, mid game adjustments were awesome. He is just what we need, along with a couple of linebackers.

elifan10
12-30-2011, 08:11 PM
Would love to have him back as DC on his way to being our HC in a few. His schemes, game plans, mid game adjustments were awesome. He is just what we need, along with a couple of linebackers.
Totally agree we have to do everything we can to get him back.

Tony Bruno
12-30-2011, 08:18 PM
We would never be that lucky... I mean why would you want to bid for the best d coach we had in awhile.,.

Roosevelt
12-30-2011, 08:19 PM

Enjoy the ride.

You're way too easy to please.

Roosevelt
12-30-2011, 08:22 PM

Enjoy the ride.

...That's your quote. You told it to me when I asked if anybody thought any HOFers were on the roster.

Whatever, it's all good.

Ah ok then.

But let's just keep it real. I was commenting on next season. You were commenting on something that's decades away.

Plus your moniker gave you away.

[;)]

NY_Eli
12-30-2011, 08:32 PM

Enjoy the ride.

Whatever, it's all good.

Ah ok then.

But let's just keep it real.* I was commenting on next season.* You were commenting on something that's decades away.

[;)]

Like I said, it's all good.

Let's hope the gmen win on Sunday, and we can all enjoy the ride [B]

giantsfan420
12-30-2011, 09:12 PM

Enjoy the ride.

You're way too easy to please.*

and your funny-in a joe piscapo in sidekicks when he gets roundhoused by chuck norris kind of way.

Roosevelt
12-30-2011, 09:19 PM

Enjoy the ride.

Whatever, it's all good.

Ah ok then.

But let's just keep it real. I was commenting on next season. You were commenting on something that's decades away.

[;)]

Like I said, it's all good.

Let's hope the gmen win on Sunday, and we can all enjoy the ride [B]

Absolutely. And if we have some HOF'ers on this team all the better.

[B]

Roosevelt
12-30-2011, 09:22 PM

Enjoy the ride.

and your funny-in a joe piscapo in sidekicks when he gets roundhoused by chuck norris kind of way.

Never saw it.

You shouldn't be so mean-spirited in light of the fact that our season has meaning right now and Eli made the Pro Bowl. And if you doubt me just ask yourself, what would Eli do?

Coach Carter
12-30-2011, 09:30 PM

Good info, thanks.

giantsfan420
12-30-2011, 09:30 PM

Enjoy the ride.

Never saw it.*

You shouldn't be so mean-spirited in light of the fact that our season has meaning right now and Eli made the Pro Bowl.* And if you doubt me just ask yourself, what would Eli do?

im not mean spirited at all. how is it mean spirited to make the same comments you made directed at me? are you mean spirited? i said your funny. thats nice, not mean. wait, were you trying to be mean when u called me funny?

Dabluguy
12-30-2011, 10:12 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdSXyuaZiGKgz3E0E1QazthrpDgub9j XXtccqu4oz6xWPcJJHj</P>

PLEASE PLEASE OH PLEASE PLEASE!!!</P>

This

amdownwitjpp
12-30-2011, 10:25 PM
LOOK AT THE THREAD ''ANYONE THINK IT WONT BE A BAD THING IF WE LOSE 'OR WHATEVER THAT CLOWN SAID GO TO PAGE 3 THIRD POST FROM THE BOTTOM I SAID IT LAST NITE GET SPAGS BAC HERE PLZ PAY HIM MARA'S PRETTY PLZ

bleedinblue27
12-30-2011, 10:44 PM
Sal Can Suckit!

Roosevelt
12-30-2011, 11:34 PM

Enjoy the ride.

Never saw it.

You shouldn't be so mean-spirited in light of the fact that our season has meaning right now and Eli made the Pro Bowl. And if you doubt me just ask yourself, what would Eli do?

im not mean spirited at all. how is it mean spirited to make the same comments you made directed at me? are you mean spirited? i said your funny. thats nice, not mean. wait, were you trying to be mean when u called me funny?

You suffer from Eli-envy. You have this feeling of discontent when others don't worship at the alter of Eli.

While the rest of this board are fans of the NY Giants, you simply covet praise for our quarterback - at the expense of our franchise.

You are anything but true blue.

giantsfan420
12-30-2011, 11:49 PM

Enjoy the ride.

Never saw it.*

You shouldn't be so mean-spirited in light of the fact that our season has meaning right now and Eli made the Pro Bowl.* And if you doubt me just ask yourself, what would Eli do?

You suffer from Eli-envy.* You have this feeling of discontent when others don't worship at the alter of Eli.

While the rest of this board are fans of the NY Giants, you simply covet praise for our quarterback - at the expense of our franchise.

You are anything but true blue.

lol. u shouldnt be so mean spirited. we have a lot to be happy for.

your funny, in a joe piscapo kind of way.

NY_Eli
12-31-2011, 12:01 AM
Hey fellas, I nominated both of you for poster of the year 2011, but I am regretting it based on this thread.

Not sure why you two are going at it like this, we're all giants fans here and are entitled to our own opinions. No need to make things personal.

giantsfan420
12-31-2011, 12:27 AM
Hey fellas, I nominated both of you for poster of the year 2011, but I am regretting it based on this thread.

Not sure why you two are going at it like this, we're all giants fans here and are entitled to our own opinions. No need to make things personal.

yea good point. sorry. when some one tells me im not a real giants fan thats like telling me my ma wore army boots i guess lol. i was just messing around, i only said to him exactly what he said to me. but you are right i lost my cool. i apologize to you roosevelt. i can just agree to disagree and avoid you. my bad for over reacting, again, questioning if some one is a true fan is the ultimate insult and i should have just kept my cool thanks for the heads up nyeli

Roosevelt
12-31-2011, 02:34 PM

yea good point. sorry. when some one tells me im not a real giants fan thats like telling me my ma wore army boots i guess lol. i was just messing around, i only said to him exactly what he said to me. but you are right i lost my cool. i apologize to you roosevelt. i can just agree to disagree and avoid you. my bad for over reacting, again, questioning if some one is a true fan is the ultimate insult and i should have just kept my cool thanks for the heads up nyeli

I win again.

[:P]